Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] The AMD Radeon 7800 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The AMD Radeon 7800 Owners Club - Page 191

post #1901 of 4099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestailsprowe View Post


Ok I flashed the bios played around with the settings. I've used 3D mark 11 as a comparison and it seems everyone higher then me are using newer CPUs and HIGH overclocks. I think its my P55 and I5-750 are the issue. They might be bottlenecks.


You should compare the GPU score, as it will be closer to the results other members are getting. The overall score will be impacted by what setup you use and what your overclocked to. I noticed a decent jump when overclocking to 4.5ghz. Although, my GPU score didn't really show much difference with a higher overclock.

I cannot speak for your system, you could have a bottleneck, although I highly doubt it.
post #1902 of 4099
what is your default voltage on your 7870 mine is 1218 is this high?
it does not matter to me as i have overclocked .
morris
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700k ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 gigabyte windforce AMD Radeon HD 7870 G.skill 1600mhz 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 pro WD Green 2TB 1X140mm 2X120  XSPC RayStorm CPU Waterblock 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC EX240 Enermax Twister X2 PrimoChill PrimoFlex Pro LRT 1/2ID 3/4OD windows 8 pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer V243HLBD 24in Widescreen Monitor kogan 20" MWave Mechanical Keyboard MX Black FSP Aurum Series 650W 80+GOLD Modular Power Supply 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom 410 Mid Tower Case White Logitech G500 5 cents from target Audio Technica ATH-AD700 
AudioAudioAudioOther
ASUS STX HD 540 reference ii Audio Technica ATR2500 Avermedia AVerTV CaptureHD Dual Hybrid PCIE 
  hide details  
Reply
morris
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700k ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 gigabyte windforce AMD Radeon HD 7870 G.skill 1600mhz 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 pro WD Green 2TB 1X140mm 2X120  XSPC RayStorm CPU Waterblock 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC EX240 Enermax Twister X2 PrimoChill PrimoFlex Pro LRT 1/2ID 3/4OD windows 8 pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer V243HLBD 24in Widescreen Monitor kogan 20" MWave Mechanical Keyboard MX Black FSP Aurum Series 650W 80+GOLD Modular Power Supply 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom 410 Mid Tower Case White Logitech G500 5 cents from target Audio Technica ATH-AD700 
AudioAudioAudioOther
ASUS STX HD 540 reference ii Audio Technica ATR2500 Avermedia AVerTV CaptureHD Dual Hybrid PCIE 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1903 of 4099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestailsprowe View Post


Ok I flashed the bios played around with the settings. I've used 3D mark 11 as a comparison and it seems everyone higher then me are using newer CPUs and HIGH overclocks. I think its my P55 and I5-750 are the issue. They might be bottlenecks.

What does your Bus Interface change to when you put it under load. Right now it says one of your cards is x8 2.0 and the other is x1 1.1, If you're really running x8/x1 that is not going to give you very good performance and that might explain why my single 7870 @ x16 beats your CF-X in Unigine Heaven.

Give us the model of your motherboard and a link to the manufacturers specs page.
post #1904 of 4099
Quote:
Originally Posted by BURNINGchicken3 View Post

what is your default voltage on your 7870 mine is 1218 is this high?
it does not matter to me as i have overclocked .

1.218v is default for my Sapphire 7870
post #1905 of 4099
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkeater View Post

so your getting a noise and not sure where it's coming from? Good old process of ellimination. Isolate by swapping parts. Maybe filling in your specs could help us help you.

Hi,

I know that the GPU is buzzing, no doubt about the source of the noise. But, as this is a brand new card and that I'm getting exactly the same symptoms than before, I'm starting to thing that the PSU/GPU combo may be faulty.

I'm completing my specs right now, sorry.
ITX Gaming
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe Sapphire 7850 OC 2GB G.Skill 8GB  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 Be Quiet Shadow Rock SR1 Topflow Windows 7 Dell u2410 
PowerCase
Antec Truepower New 750W Bitfenix Prodigy 
  hide details  
Reply
ITX Gaming
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe Sapphire 7850 OC 2GB G.Skill 8GB  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 Be Quiet Shadow Rock SR1 Topflow Windows 7 Dell u2410 
PowerCase
Antec Truepower New 750W Bitfenix Prodigy 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1906 of 4099
Sometimes mine will make a noise and if i open the case and press on the plastic shroud it will stop the vibration and stop buzzing for weeks until i have to do it again.
post #1907 of 4099
I can't solve the problem where my monitor goes black after a few hours of use. Should i RMA ?
post #1908 of 4099
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickg1 View Post

What does your Bus Interface change to when you put it under load. Right now it says one of your cards is x8 2.0 and the other is x1 1.1, If you're really running x8/x1 that is not going to give you very good performance and that might explain why my single 7870 @ x16 beats your CF-X in Unigine Heaven.
Give us the model of your motherboard and a link to the manufacturers specs page.

The Board
http://www.evga.com/articles/00502/micro/

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188053

PCI express jumps to 2.0 when a game starts but the bus and bandwidth does not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb2e View Post

You should compare the GPU score, as it will be closer to the results other members are getting. The overall score will be impacted by what setup you use and what your overclocked to. I noticed a decent jump when overclocking to 4.5ghz. Although, my GPU score didn't really show much difference with a higher overclock.
I cannot speak for your system, you could have a bottleneck, although I highly doubt it.

Same score thought the OEM card scored alittle lower
Edited by Milestailsprowe - 10/15/12 at 7:45am
Micro
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6500 Gigabyte Z170N Wifi CF MSI 970 gtx  Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ 240 agility  Samsung 2 TB Blu Dvd rom NH-L9i  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Samsung U28D590D  Razer Blackwidow Chroma Silverstone 600 wat bronze 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone ML08 Razer Naga Chroma Razor Firefly Razer Kraken Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
Micro
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6500 Gigabyte Z170N Wifi CF MSI 970 gtx  Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ 240 agility  Samsung 2 TB Blu Dvd rom NH-L9i  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Samsung U28D590D  Razer Blackwidow Chroma Silverstone 600 wat bronze 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone ML08 Razer Naga Chroma Razor Firefly Razer Kraken Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1909 of 4099
You're motherboard might be the problem. It says nothing about supporting crossfire. You're unigine score would make sense for 1 card at x8. I'll do more research on our when i get home from work.
post #1910 of 4099
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickg1 View Post

You're motherboard might be the problem. It says nothing about supporting crossfire. You're unigine score would make sense for 1 card at x8. I'll do more research on our when i get home from work.
I was thinking about just finding a old Asus Gene III to solve the issue and then hold out for Haswell or something nice from AMD
Micro
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6500 Gigabyte Z170N Wifi CF MSI 970 gtx  Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ 240 agility  Samsung 2 TB Blu Dvd rom NH-L9i  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Samsung U28D590D  Razer Blackwidow Chroma Silverstone 600 wat bronze 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone ML08 Razer Naga Chroma Razor Firefly Razer Kraken Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
Micro
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6500 Gigabyte Z170N Wifi CF MSI 970 gtx  Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ 240 agility  Samsung 2 TB Blu Dvd rom NH-L9i  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Samsung U28D590D  Razer Blackwidow Chroma Silverstone 600 wat bronze 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone ML08 Razer Naga Chroma Razor Firefly Razer Kraken Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] The AMD Radeon 7800 Owners Club