So I read the entire thread and I'm glad I did, otherwise I would've written this post before we got the update and it would've been a looong post. My message would've been basically "too good to be true" judging on peoples wild wishes of what they thought would be possible and to some degree this is true. I would say the votes don't count anymore. What everyone wished for, including me was too dreamy to be possible especially for ~400 bucks. I voted Yes but truth be told, not so sure if it's going to be a huge risk what quality the panel and having to void warranty by doing something I recently only found out is possible (OC).
I pretty much agree with the majority on what the specs should be and the only thing I personally would add to the list for concerns is the design. The model it's going to be based on is not exactly pretty and aesthetics is important to me. Ugly objects bothers me to no end, that's just how I am. The final price and availability is a huge factor also. Most like I'll have to pay taxes + customs on it. ~25% on top of product AND shipping. Now we also need to get 1200 "interested" before they decide to manufacture. I'll give it ½ year before I lose interest and have already bought something else.
Originally Posted by bQvle
Facts about the refresh rate
- Panel will be A or A- they dont know yet. A+ is to expensive! 99% glossy like the recent Catleaps
- We can't get a reengineered PCB! so it will be Single input Dual-DVI
- Color will be of our choise! only one for all 1200 though! (Black, White, purple, red or something else)
I think everyone agrees on black??
- There will be no Branding! (maybe yamakasi logo "Understandable", but nothing else)
- They are looking into a thinner benzel, but will not promise anything atm.! this might change the overall exterior!
- Perfect Pixel version will still be available at +60$, this doesn't mean A+ panel! just that the monitor will get checked from the manufactuere! Will take add to delivery-time!
Neather the LG panel, or anything else is orginally designed to do 100hz, Overclock.net was the place who made even the manufactuere realize that it was possible! (Tech team says they designed PCB for 60hz) This means following!
- LG won't make us a custom panel!
- The monitor will be rated 60hz
- Overclocking will be entirely on your own risk! no-one can be held guilty, if this shorten lifespan on the monitor, or if it causes any damage! (They have to make these therms, since panel isn't ment for anything above 60hz, but we should know of this kind of risk at OCN)
- MOST IMPORTANLY It will still overclock!
- What's the difference between Pixel Perfect and A+ panels?
- DVI is a minus, DP would be preferable.
- Black it is.
- logo - ok.
- Bezel design and aesthetics is something I'm willing to overlook BUT ONLY for that hopefully cheap price.
- The 100+ HZ is one of the strongest selling points. We'll have to see how easy and risky OC'ing will be. Does "will overclock" = guaranteed range?
Now if anyone would manufacture the product we pretty much agree on we want then it would sell easily, even for twice the price.
Thx for taking the time to do this!