Originally Posted by bQvle 22. March UPDATE
They have to produce a minimum of 1.200 monitors. and would like to se this poll count go even higher! I explained that this is 200 people, whom many are willing to buy several (2-3) monitors, is alot! especially in this short time, and with this amount of activity and backup.This is me trying to make my point:
- "well, i dont know how to put this
but this 200+ yes votes. and 2 no votes. is EXTREME in itself, normally a product like this would NEVER get that kind of attention. your need to realise, that this "request" will keep going, and grow. I'd already say that 1200 is to little. (if I was your boss).
- Overclock.net is just a small fragment of potential customers!
- People are joining from other forums, just to put a vote in this poll
- 500+ will be hard. inside this forum
- This is the biggest opputunity i have ever seen. and i do sales to! i wish i could pull this card!
- you are putting out a "better" product. then 1000$ dell and Apple monitors
- you will drown in orders, more then you do now. alot!
- And all this is not comming from the guy who is about to sell you the product!
레꾸: I'll report tomorrow.Here is some other things I've got from todays conversation.
Facts about the refresh rate
- Panel will be A or A- they dont know yet. A+ is to expensive! 99% glossy like the recent Catleaps
- We can't get a reengineered PCB! so it will be Single input Dual-DVI
- Color will be of our choise! only one for all 1200 though! (Black, White, purple, red or something else)
I think everyone agrees on black??
- There will be no Branding! (maybe yamakasi logo "Understandable", but nothing else)
- They are looking into a thinner benzel, but will not promise anything atm.! this might change the overall exterior!
- Perfect Pixel version will still be available at +60$, this doesn't mean A+ panel! just that the monitor will get checked from the manufactuere! Will add to delivery-time!
Neather the LG panel, or anything else is orginally designed to do 100hz, Overclock.net was the place who made even the manufactuere realize that it was possible! (Tech team says they designed PCB for 60hz) This means following!
News on the Price
- LG won't make us a custom panel!
- The monitor will be rated 60hz
- Overclocking will be entirely on your own risk! no-one can be held guilty, if this shorten lifespan on the monitor, or if it causes any damage! (They have to make these therms, since panel isn't ment for anything above 60hz, but we should know of this kind of risk at OCN)
- MOST IMPORTANLY It will still overclock!
The price have not been decided yet! The 2B PCBs are more expencive to produce! so it might come in a little higher! but not by much!
they will work on a solution for us to buy outside ebay, and they might be able to come with a better price for us! (without ebay expences ect.)BUT BUT BUT!
Nothing has yet been decided! hopefully we will have an answer within this week!Added to OP aswell!
Nice. Thanks for the update also.
I think you should remind him about it not needing a stand or cables (assuming ones other than what they give us will work) and since he says it will have glossy coating that means they probably already have some casing produced from other products that they can just use and not have to spend extra money to produce.
Plus since no DP and no AG and maybe still a branding, hes got to do better on the price with these guranteed purchases.
Upon second look were only really getting one thing which is that it can overclock ( if that) seeing as they dont directly gurantee it. And I don't see how they cost more to make if they were selling for around 360 or less before we discovered them. Obviously they weren't that expensive to make.
I'm just saying this because I think their eyes are getting big with dollar signs. As far as the color is concerned we arent getting anything there as the cata colors are already black and were not gonna change that unless we can choose our colors individually which it doesnt seem so. so theres no real gain there.
We only really got out of this deal is the overclockable pcbs.
Plus they should know that since we really arent getting anywhere near half of what we asked for that the price needs to be very good if anyone wants to stick to the buying 2-3 on first purchase. The simple fact alone that its not gonna have DP kinda reduces that 2-3 on first purchases I think, correct me if im wrong.
For them to make up for that, thinner bezel is almost a requirement in a sense.
bQvle, you have been a great negotiator for us so far
but i think you should kinda push him a little for more concessions other than the 1and maybe 2 if you count he "maybe no branding".
No stand, no cables other than power cable, straight plain and overclock since we cant get much of what we asked for. At least if they cant do that, make them do better on the price to keep the 2-3 per purchaser spirit going.
Thx for your hard work though. Much appreciated. Be stern in your negotiating!Edited by thereason8286 - 3/22/12 at 12:37pm