Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Q270 (100hz guaranteed).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamakasi Catleap Q270 (100hz guaranteed). - Page 34  

Poll Results: Would you be interested in buying a Yamakasi Catleap Q270 (100hz guarenteed)

 
  • 87% (726)
    Yes
  • 2% (18)
    No
  • 10% (88)
    Maybe
832 Total Votes  
post #331 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by siberx View Post

. I'd take $400 A- over $600 A+ easy.

Based on what ive seen around id say its closer to $500 than $600 (at a sufficient volume) and not to mention that this can be a standard offering that they could keep doing and nothing is stopping them from doing that so long as they have vision. Then again you then wouldnt need to pay some $60 fee to "check" for "perfect" pixels.
Id be perfectly happy to pay that amount to get A+ perfect panel because that excludes the biggest source of issues with the monitor eg dead pixels, stuck pixels, massive bleeding etc as it will all be quality.
Im sure most here would rather pay that extra amount and get perfect screens from the start. For the rest the can pay their $60 to get a "check" on a A- panel which still may include stuck pixels or "dark" pixels even by their "PERFECT PIXEL" definition.


And since 100PCB is already on the cards its not much to ask.
post #332 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by siberx View Post

100Hz PCB we're getting, that's the whole point of this
...
Seriously guys; keep it simple, keep the cost and risk down - we just want guaranteed 2B style monitors. Just about everything else people can do on their own after the fact (stands, painting, etc...)

Yup, what he said!
post #333 of 1131
Remember when the first guy shed light on these monitors? How about we just keep it like that? Everyone was satisfied then and now a lot of us have acquired too much expectations now that some sellers know about our interests. Keep it simple.
post #334 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABeta View Post

Remember when the first guy shed light on these monitors? How about we just keep it like that? Everyone was satisfied then and now a lot of us have acquired too much expectations now that some sellers know about our interests. Keep it simple.
A high-resolution monitor comes up with a uniquely high refresh rate capability, that's also significantly cheaper than the others in its class, and people still find room to complain and set high expectations. I agree :/

Lets just be happy the panels that are a setup from 1080p are becoming affordable, and high refresh rates that have previously been unheard of for such resolutions are becoming an option.
post #335 of 1131
i don't see it the same way. i think people were making requests to keep the costs down. strip out all the unnecessary parts. except maybe that thinner bezel suggestion, which would probably more 'luxury' request. but other suggestions like no (crappy/wobbly) stand, etc i think were to keep costs minimal.


still hoping the t-con pcb (or whatever it was called) can be found. b/c otherwise some people who already bought one wont have the capability unless they buy an entirely new one.
post #336 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by illli View Post

i don't see it the same way. i think people were making requests to keep the costs down. strip out all the unnecessary parts. except maybe that thinner bezel suggestion, which would probably more 'luxury' request. but other suggestions like no (crappy/wobbly) stand, etc i think were to keep costs minimal.
still hoping the t-con pcb (or whatever it was called) can be found. b/c otherwise some people who already bought one wont have the capability unless they buy an entirely new one.
Wasn't talking about them.. I was talking about the people demanding lower prices, full 120hz, a better stand, etc..

I really hope they get these monitors available too. I won't have to choose between refresh rate and resolution anymore. biggrin.gif
post #337 of 1131
Is there already a model with Active Display port?
Quad Damage
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4930k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme (Koolance Full WB) 2 x GTX 1080ti FE in SLI (EK WATERBLOCK) Corsair Dominator GT 2133 MHz (16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3 TB Seagate OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Crucial M4 128GB ADATA SX900 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RIVE Koolance Waterblock (VRM and PCH) Feser X-Changer 360 Feser X-Changer 240 Feser X-Changer 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
WaterCool MoRA3 Pro with Gentle Typhoon 3 x MCP 655 pumps (With EK top...all serial) 2 x EK FC 1080ti Blocks Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q (3440x1440 @100hz) CrossOver 27Q Led-P Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNova 1600T2 (Titanium) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Heavily Modded Logitech G700 RocketFish Speed/Control M-audio AV-40 (Logitech G-35) 
  hide details  
Quad Damage
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4930k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme (Koolance Full WB) 2 x GTX 1080ti FE in SLI (EK WATERBLOCK) Corsair Dominator GT 2133 MHz (16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3 TB Seagate OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Crucial M4 128GB ADATA SX900 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RIVE Koolance Waterblock (VRM and PCH) Feser X-Changer 360 Feser X-Changer 240 Feser X-Changer 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
WaterCool MoRA3 Pro with Gentle Typhoon 3 x MCP 655 pumps (With EK top...all serial) 2 x EK FC 1080ti Blocks Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q (3440x1440 @100hz) CrossOver 27Q Led-P Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNova 1600T2 (Titanium) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Heavily Modded Logitech G700 RocketFish Speed/Control M-audio AV-40 (Logitech G-35) 
  hide details  
post #338 of 1131
An A+ grade Panel is a must, any dead pixel on such a screen would make it unuseable and not worth any money to me.
I have had dead pixels in the past and they bug me to no end.
Not being able to return a screen with dead pixels after paying the asking price would be a pure waste of money and a lot of hassle to salvage at least some by selling it again.

Considering we can not reasonably return our screens I rather have it guaranteed 120hz and A+ grade panel.

Stand and scaling support by graphics card can be added to a display, but the TFT itself can not be reasonably exchanged, nor the board for that matter, considering how difficult it appears to just get that fabled 120hz board now.

Speakers on a screen like this are pointless and only add to the cost. If i had a choice I'd rather get a thin bezel screen without any stand or scaler etc but with the minimum requirements met.
But most people want a product working out of the box without modifications, so that's very likely a no-go I know.

Guaranteed 120hz makes certain there is no corner cutting and a new inferior board gets produced only able to do 100hz at any resolution, although unlikely, you don't want that I presume. 120hz can still be used today on lower resolutions with existing graphics cards.

Asking for any less than you want and hoping that you do get what you really want is a bad purchasing strategy,
a salesperson will always gauge how much you are willing to pay and extort as much money from you as s/he can,
giving you as little as possible to make the most profit.
Lets not forget we do not get any fancy OSD options and stuff, which would on top of a on site return policy aswell as a good stand warrant a much higher price.
In doubt you as the buyer can always keep your money and go with something else.

I'd not mind paying 100$ more for a decent bezel and pivot-able stand and a A+ 120hz+ panel.
I rather get what I really want than hope for some good circumstances or be happy with just enough.

But still, lets not forget you still could get a defective model,
paying for something which lacks a hassle-free warranty/return policy
on top of customs which can interfere and do often enough,
paying the prices you would in a brick and mortar store is just not reasonable.
post #339 of 1131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blockclock View Post

An A+ grade Panel is a must, any dead pixel on such a screen would make it unuseable and not worth any money to me.
I have had dead pixels in the past and they bug me to no end.
Not being able to return a screen with dead pixels after paying the asking price would be a pure waste of money and a lot of hassle to salvage at least some by selling it again.
Considering we can not reasonably return our screens I rather have it guaranteed 120hz and A+ grade panel.
Stand and scaling support by graphics card can be added to a display, but the TFT itself can not be reasonably exchanged, nor the board for that matter, considering how difficult it appears to just get that fabled 120hz board now.
Speakers on a screen like this are pointless and only add to the cost. If i had a choice I'd rather get a thin bezel screen without any stand or scaler etc but with the minimum requirements met.
But most people want a product working out of the box without modifications, so that's very likely a no-go I know.
Guaranteed 120hz makes certain there is no corner cutting and a new inferior board gets produced only able to do 100hz at any resolution, although unlikely, you don't want that I presume. 120hz can still be used today on lower resolutions with existing graphics cards.
Asking for any less than you want and hoping that you do get what you really want is a bad purchasing strategy,
a salesperson will always gauge how much you are willing to pay and extort as much money from you as s/he can,
giving you as little as possible to make the most profit.
Lets not forget we do not get any fancy OSD options and stuff, which would on top of a on site return policy aswell as a good stand warrant a much higher price.
In doubt you as the buyer can always keep your money and go with something else.
I'd not mind paying 100$ more for a decent bezel and pivot-able stand and a A+ 120hz+ panel.
I rather get what I really want than hope for some good circumstances or be happy with just enough.
But still, lets not forget you still could get a defective model,
paying for something which lacks a hassle-free warranty/return policy
on top of customs which can interfere and do often enough,
paying the prices you would in a brick and mortar store is just not reasonable.

I will put it this way. first, strip the 400$ price from shipping.
Now you got a 250$ 27" 2650x1440 monitor.
  1. You will never get a A+ guaranteed pixel perfect, 120hz rated with pivot-able solid stand and thin benzel. for JUST 100$ more! That would basicly mean, that you could buy the "best" 27" consumer monitor in the world, for just 350$. this is not gonna happend! Everyone else would be out of business!
  2. ...

Thats about it.

You have to put it all this way.
  • Manufacturer already got panels and PCB's at stock. from what Im told (This rules out A+ and DisplayPort). Nothing we can do about this
  • Dead pixels can occur, there is regulations about this. they might differ from each country! You can read the Korean regulations about this, on almost every monitor listed at ebay.
  • If you recive your monitor DOA, it will be taken care of! there have been a few cases already, and the sellers have been really BIG so far, at this point.

Bottom line,
They offer A/A- 60hz rated(OC'able to ~100), whatever benzel or stand they decide to use.
It is up to you, to deside, weather or not you can live with that! (take it or leave it)

Far from everyone has the same "Sky-High" expectations towards this 2-300$ display. But are rather thankfull that this is even possible.
With thous expectations you might be better of waiting for Dell or similar rated 120hz. but you need to expect a price at around 1000$
Edited by bQvle - 3/23/12 at 6:23am
post #340 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by blockclock View Post

An A+ grade Panel is a must, any dead pixel on such a screen would make it unuseable and not worth any money to me.
I have had dead pixels in the past and they bug me to no end.
Not being able to return a screen with dead pixels after paying the asking price would be a pure waste of money and a lot of hassle to salvage at least some by selling it again.
Considering we can not reasonably return our screens I rather have it guaranteed 120hz and A+ grade panel.
Stand and scaling support by graphics card can be added to a display, but the TFT itself can not be reasonably exchanged, nor the board for that matter, considering how difficult it appears to just get that fabled 120hz board now.
Speakers on a screen like this are pointless and only add to the cost. If i had a choice I'd rather get a thin bezel screen without any stand or scaler etc but with the minimum requirements met.
But most people want a product working out of the box without modifications, so that's very likely a no-go I know.
Guaranteed 120hz makes certain there is no corner cutting and a new inferior board gets produced only able to do 100hz at any resolution, although unlikely, you don't want that I presume. 120hz can still be used today on lower resolutions with existing graphics cards.
Asking for any less than you want and hoping that you do get what you really want is a bad purchasing strategy,
a salesperson will always gauge how much you are willing to pay and extort as much money from you as s/he can,
giving you as little as possible to make the most profit.
Lets not forget we do not get any fancy OSD options and stuff, which would on top of a on site return policy aswell as a good stand warrant a much higher price.
In doubt you as the buyer can always keep your money and go with something else.
I'd not mind paying 100$ more for a decent bezel and pivot-able stand and a A+ 120hz+ panel.
I rather get what I really want than hope for some good circumstances or be happy with just enough.
But still, lets not forget you still could get a defective model,
paying for something which lacks a hassle-free warranty/return policy
on top of customs which can interfere and do often enough,
paying the prices you would in a brick and mortar store is just not reasonable.

I agree with you there. Although, I would be more flexible with the panel types, i.e. A (or A-, it would have to be prechecked tho). Aesthetics is not that important, but it would be good to have a nicely styled monitor as long as it does not compromise the build quality of the monitor.

I'd love to get one of these, but not if it is going to be more than $400+ for something that comes with no warranty, no osd, no multi inputs (more importantly DP and HDMI), could possibly have dead pixels and is non-refundable. Before the pricing police come for me, my idea of a good deal for this would be a monitor that is:

- less than $400, preferably around the $300 mark (if we go with a group buy, as is being suggested)
- A+, A panel (A- only if prechecked)
- Multiple inputs (DP and HDMI is a must)
- Good solid stand
- preferably a simple OSD (in English)

I think for what we're giving up in terms of a warranty, long term reliability (@100Hz which is still a big question mark) and the previously mentioned drawbacks, the above price would be reasonable.
Edited by kaizarsoze - 3/23/12 at 6:22am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Q270 (100hz guaranteed).