Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Q270 (100hz guaranteed).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamakasi Catleap Q270 (100hz guaranteed). - Page 48  

Poll Results: Would you be interested in buying a Yamakasi Catleap Q270 (100hz guarenteed)

 
  • 87% (726)
    Yes
  • 2% (18)
    No
  • 10% (88)
    Maybe
832 Total Votes  
post #471 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesus View Post

Did they ever even get the 680 to launch games at 120Hz? I thought they were still fighting with it to actually play at that rate.

I believe they did, but I'm more interested in just running 100hz with SLI'd nvidia cards because they found that for some reason SLI limited the refresh rate, didn't read it thoroughly because I'm mad.gif about limited ATI refresh rate.
MINI MAINFRAME
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K 5Ghz 24/7 ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Titan X Pascal 2.1Ghz G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4 ... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
SanDisk SD8SN8U-1T00-1122 X400 M.2 SSD 1TB Corsair H100i V2 w/ 2 Gentle Typhoon AP-64 PWM ... EVGA Hybrid w/ Gentle Typhoon AP-64 PWM 2150rpm  WIN10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER XB270HU CMStorm Quickfire MXBrowns CORSAIR SF600 600W SFX Compact Splash! 
MouseAudio
Logi G Pro USB>Wyrd>USB>Gustard U12>Toslink>Firestone Brav... 
  hide details  
MINI MAINFRAME
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K 5Ghz 24/7 ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Titan X Pascal 2.1Ghz G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4 ... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
SanDisk SD8SN8U-1T00-1122 X400 M.2 SSD 1TB Corsair H100i V2 w/ 2 Gentle Typhoon AP-64 PWM ... EVGA Hybrid w/ Gentle Typhoon AP-64 PWM 2150rpm  WIN10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER XB270HU CMStorm Quickfire MXBrowns CORSAIR SF600 600W SFX Compact Splash! 
MouseAudio
Logi G Pro USB>Wyrd>USB>Gustard U12>Toslink>Firestone Brav... 
  hide details  
post #472 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker7314 View Post

I believe they did, but I'm more interested in just running 100hz with SLI'd nvidia cards because they found that for some reason SLI limited the refresh rate, didn't read it thoroughly because I'm mad.gif about limited ATI refresh rate.

I'm not particularly mad about it because this has never really been an option to the consumer market (not any market AFAIK) so they figured they'd never need to cater to it.

Now those PCBs, that is the important part at this point.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @ 5.0 ASUS Maximus IV Extreme Sapphire/Powercolor 7950 CF G.Skill Ripjaws X 4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 3 60GB's RAID 0 VelociRaptor 300GB EK Maximus IV Block EK FC-7950 Block x2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supreme HF Block D5 w/ BP Dress-up Kit XSPC EX240 Black Ice SR1 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Primochill PrimoFlex 1/2" ID Black 14 NZXT Fans Windows 7 Professional x64 3x AOC 2436V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate BF3 Edition Corsair HX1000 NZXT Switch 810 Black Razer Imperator BF3 Edition 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Beyerdynamic DT770 250 Ohm 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z AMD Radeon HD 5970 G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Vertex 3 60GB RAID 0 VelociRaptor 300GB XSPC EX240 Rad Black Ice GT 92MM Rad 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Black Ice GT 120MM Rad EK Supreme HF CPU Block EK 5970 Block XSPC 450 Pump/Res Combo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional x64 3x AOC 2436vw Razer Black Widow Ultimate BF3 Edition Rosewill 750W HIVE 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Vulcan Razer Imperator BF3 Edition Razer Scarab BF3 Edition ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT770 250 Ohm 
  hide details  
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @ 5.0 ASUS Maximus IV Extreme Sapphire/Powercolor 7950 CF G.Skill Ripjaws X 4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 3 60GB's RAID 0 VelociRaptor 300GB EK Maximus IV Block EK FC-7950 Block x2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supreme HF Block D5 w/ BP Dress-up Kit XSPC EX240 Black Ice SR1 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Primochill PrimoFlex 1/2" ID Black 14 NZXT Fans Windows 7 Professional x64 3x AOC 2436V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate BF3 Edition Corsair HX1000 NZXT Switch 810 Black Razer Imperator BF3 Edition 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Beyerdynamic DT770 250 Ohm 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z AMD Radeon HD 5970 G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Vertex 3 60GB RAID 0 VelociRaptor 300GB XSPC EX240 Rad Black Ice GT 92MM Rad 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Black Ice GT 120MM Rad EK Supreme HF CPU Block EK 5970 Block XSPC 450 Pump/Res Combo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional x64 3x AOC 2436vw Razer Black Widow Ultimate BF3 Edition Rosewill 750W HIVE 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Vulcan Razer Imperator BF3 Edition Razer Scarab BF3 Edition ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT770 250 Ohm 
  hide details  
post #473 of 1131
I am interested in buying 1 or 2 of these once available. Very excited!
post #474 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by bQvle View Post

This is not an actual group buy.
Is it even possible to arrange group buys here at OCN?

I got a request from one of the Korean yamakasi sellers, they would like to make a special edition, maybe even "Overclock.net" edition monitor.
But they need to know ~ how many will be willing to buy this! the 120hz rated PCB has been taken out of production. But if the enquery for it is big, they will start producing them again.
If you have no idea what this monitor is / is capable of take a look at these threads.
yamakasi catleap monitor club/
Yamakasi/Achiva-shiman thread
22. March UPDATE
They have to produce a minimum of 1.200 monitors. and would like to se this poll count go even higher! I explained that this is 200 people, whom many are willing to buy several (2-3) monitors, is alot! Especially in this short time, and with this amount of activity and backup.
This is me trying to make my point:
- "well, i dont know how to put this smile.gif but this 200+ yes votes. and 2 no votes. is EXTREME in itself, normally a product like this would NEVER get that kind of attention. your need to realise, that this "request" will keep going, and grow. I'd already say that 1200 is to little. (if I was your boss).
- Overclock.net is just a small fragment of potential customers!
- People are joining from other forums, just to put a vote in this poll
- 500+ will be hard. inside this forum
- This is the biggest opputunity i have ever seen. and i do sales to! i wish i could pull this card!
- you are putting out a "better" product. then 1000$ dell and Apple monitors
- you will drown in orders, more then you do now. alot!
- And all this is not comming from the guy who is about to sell you the product!
레꾸: I'll report tomorrow.
Here is some other things I've got from todays conversation.
  • Panel will be A or A- they dont know yet. A+ is to expensive! 99% glossy like the recent Catleaps
  • We can't get a reengineered PCB! so it will be Single input Dual-DVI
  • Color will be of our choise! only one for all 1200 though! (Black, White, purple, red or something else)
    I think everyone agrees on black??
  • There will be no Branding! (maybe yamakasi logo "Understandable", but nothing else)
  • They are looking into a thinner benzel, but will not promise anything atm.! this might change the overall exterior!
  • Perfect Pixel version will still be available at +60$, this doesn't mean A+ panel! just that the monitor will get checked from the manufactuere! Will add to delivery-time!
Facts about the refresh rate
Neather the LG panel, or anything else is orginally designed to do 100hz, Overclock.net was the place who made even the manufactuere realize that it was possible! (Tech team says they designed PCB for 60hz) This means following!
  1. LG won't make us a custom panel!
  2. The monitor will be rated 60hz
  3. Overclocking will be entirely on your own risk! no-one can be held guilty, if this shorten lifespan on the monitor, or if it causes any damage! (They have to make these therms, since panel isn't ment for anything above 60hz, but we should know of this kind of risk at OCN)
  4. MOST IMPORTANLY It will still overclock!
News on the Price
The price have not been decided yet! The 2B PCBs are more expencive to produce! so it might come in a little higher! but not by much!
they will work on a solution for us to buy outside ebay, and they might be able to come with a better price for us! (without ebay expences ect.)
BUT BUT BUT!
Nothing has yet been decided! hopefully we will have an answer within this week!
The price will stick around ~400$ and it will be shipped directly to you.
Note: AMD/ATI cards is only capable of 85hz because of pixel clock limitations.

You're wrong on the AMD oc limit mate. I have a guide for 101hz on the catleap club. I actually ran a stable 105hz on a radeon 6970.
post #475 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesus View Post


Alright.
DVI PCB W/SPEAKER
MODEL #: HY-2560M_DA_Q1.REV.4 INVALID MODEL #

CENTER PANEL PCB (CONNECTS TO DVI PCB)NEED MODEL NUMBER
MODEL # LM270WQ1-SLA1 THIS IS A NUMBER OF THE LCD PANEL UNIT ONLY
P/N: 6870C-0340A_REV0.2
DESIGNED: 2010/04/06

RIGHT TOP PANEL PCB
MODEL # LM270WQ1-SDA2 SOURCE PCB(R) THIS IS A NUMBER OF THE LCD PANEL UNIT ONLY, NEED THE MODEL NUMBER
P/N: 6870S-0922A EVT2 REV0.4
DESIGNED: 2009/05/06

LEFT TOP PANEL PCB
MODEL # LM270WQ1-SDA2 SOURCE PCB(L) THIS IS A NUMBER OF THE LCD PANEL UNIT ONLY, NEED THE MODEL NUMBER
P/N: 6870S-0921A EVT2 REV0.4
DESIGNED: 2009/05/06
That's how my supplier responded, lol. Not sure if they missed the point or something.


They are wrong.

 

First - DVI - exact model number this is the friggin' point.  These aren't being made anymore so they aren't out there.  So this is not invalid, just not out there.

 

DUH on the rest.  As I highlighted in my response - the P/N on the Panel PCB is what we need (we know that the LM # is the panel).  There is no model number beyond what is already out there Q270 for Catleaps - that's it.  

 

We don't need the Right and Left panel PCBs - these are the same across all panels and manufacturers.

 

I hope now you realize the damn trouble I have been having for the last two weeks to first, source these already made, and second, getting them sourced.  Do I sound frustrated?  Good, because I am.

 

   
The Cavern
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-2500k asus p8p67 deluxe EVGA GeForce GTX 580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 3072 EVGA GeForce GTX 580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 3072 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator 8 gig ocz agility 240 Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
blu ray TONS - See Build Log windows 7 64 bit ultimate Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D g15 corsair 1200ax 
CaseMouse
mountain mods u2-ufo rat 9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 860 EVGA P55 FTW gtx 560 gtx 560 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb Intel M4 ssd 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
TONS - See Build Log windows 7 64 bit Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW x 4 Corsair 1000 
Case
antec skeleton 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 EVGA P55 FTW EVGA GTX 295 Corsair Dominator 8 gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2 x Western Digital Caviar Blacks 1TB Blu-Ray Corsair H70 Everything else on air 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7, 64  Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D F Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D F Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 1000 Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
  hide details  
   
The Cavern
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-2500k asus p8p67 deluxe EVGA GeForce GTX 580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 3072 EVGA GeForce GTX 580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 3072 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator 8 gig ocz agility 240 Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
blu ray TONS - See Build Log windows 7 64 bit ultimate Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D g15 corsair 1200ax 
CaseMouse
mountain mods u2-ufo rat 9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 860 EVGA P55 FTW gtx 560 gtx 560 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb Intel M4 ssd 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
TONS - See Build Log windows 7 64 bit Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW x 4 Corsair 1000 
Case
antec skeleton 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 EVGA P55 FTW EVGA GTX 295 Corsair Dominator 8 gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2 x Western Digital Caviar Blacks 1TB Blu-Ray Corsair H70 Everything else on air 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7, 64  Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D F Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D F Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 1000 Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
  hide details  
post #476 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMatrix View Post

You're wrong on the AMD oc limit mate. I have a guide for 101hz on the catleap club. I actually ran a stable 105hz on a radeon 6970.

Doesn't work on 7970's, no support for custom resolution by powerstrip.
MINI MAINFRAME
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K 5Ghz 24/7 ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Titan X Pascal 2.1Ghz G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4 ... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
SanDisk SD8SN8U-1T00-1122 X400 M.2 SSD 1TB Corsair H100i V2 w/ 2 Gentle Typhoon AP-64 PWM ... EVGA Hybrid w/ Gentle Typhoon AP-64 PWM 2150rpm  WIN10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER XB270HU CMStorm Quickfire MXBrowns CORSAIR SF600 600W SFX Compact Splash! 
MouseAudio
Logi G Pro USB>Wyrd>USB>Gustard U12>Toslink>Firestone Brav... 
  hide details  
MINI MAINFRAME
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K 5Ghz 24/7 ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Titan X Pascal 2.1Ghz G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4 ... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
SanDisk SD8SN8U-1T00-1122 X400 M.2 SSD 1TB Corsair H100i V2 w/ 2 Gentle Typhoon AP-64 PWM ... EVGA Hybrid w/ Gentle Typhoon AP-64 PWM 2150rpm  WIN10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER XB270HU CMStorm Quickfire MXBrowns CORSAIR SF600 600W SFX Compact Splash! 
MouseAudio
Logi G Pro USB>Wyrd>USB>Gustard U12>Toslink>Firestone Brav... 
  hide details  
post #477 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker7314 View Post

Doesn't work on 7970's, no support for custom resolution by powerstrip.

If you install the monitor driver under the Nvidia OC guide, you should be able to use CRU as ToastyX said, by going to the 100hz in 2 steps. First from 60hz to 82-85hz, then from there to 100hz. Powerstrip is nice because it allows live tuning. But CRU should be able to do the same as long as the system thinks your monitor is capable of those refresh rates.
post #478 of 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScribbyDaGreat View Post


I hope now you realize the damn trouble I have been having for the last two weeks to first, source these already made, and second, getting them sourced.  Do I sound frustrated?  Good, because I am.


you know, funny thing is i thought about pitching the idea of you starting a dedicated topic for your research and development. originally i thought it might be a good idea and bring in more help for your searching. ultimately i decided not to, because i figured a lot of people would probably help in any way they could, but their 'help' might be more of a hindrance.

anyways, i'm sure most of us appreciate the lengths you've gone to already smile.gif
post #479 of 1131
I am excited to see if this goes through. I would buy one in a heartbeat! biggrin.gif
post #480 of 1131
I'd definitely be interested in 2 if this does indeed become reality.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Q270 (100hz guaranteed).