post #1 of 1
Thread Starter 
We were given an I-Inc monitor a few days ago by a friend because it wouldn't display anything. The model is # iF191D...from what I've been reading this thing is notorious for having blown caps and to get a "repair kit" would cost around $14 online. I opened the monitor and looked over the power board and all the caps look fine, no "puffy" ones or ones that look like they're leaking electrolytic.

When the monitor does work the color will start off a little pinkish and then clear up after a matter of a few seconds and the bottom half of the screen around the corners has a darker/browner tint but I think that's from the nicotine (they smoked around this screen everyday). 70% of the time the monitor stays black while the power led will stay green, while the other 30% is whenever it will display something. I'm just wondering, if the caps are bad even though they don't look it. I was also thinking maybe the board for the inputs is bad or its the display panel.

I wouldn't mind fixing this as it would help me finish my small lan gaming set up.
 
Lan/Server PC
(15 items)
 
Alienware M17X R4
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K  ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO Z97 Nvidia GTX 970 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 PC1600  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Kingston Hyper X 240GB SSD, 3x 1 TB WD Black, 6... LG Blu-Ray Player Corsair H100i Extreme Windows 8.1 Pro 64x 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 29UM65-P  Razer Deathadder 2013 EVGA SuperNOVA 850 Watt G2 Rosewill Thor V2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Mad Catz R.A.T 3 Steelseries  Creative Sound Blaster Z 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.8 Ghz Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 MSI Radeon HD4890  8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600Mhz  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1 TB + 640 GB WD Blue  LG Super Write SATA DVD Burner w/ lightscribe Xigmatek Dark Knight Windows 8 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
None Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Corsair CX500 Watt PSU Antec 900 
MouseAudio
Razer Deathadder  Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.4 Ghz Alienware ATI Radeon HD7970M 2GB 6 GB DDR3  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x 500 GB Hard Drive DVD Burner Drive Alienware Windows 7 Home Premium 64x SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
17.3" 1920x1080 Alienware FX backlite keyboard Dell A/C Power Adapter + Battery M17X R4 
MouseAudio
Touchpad Creative Sound Blaster Recon3Di + Klipsch Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Lan/Server PC
(15 items)
 
Alienware M17X R4
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K  ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO Z97 Nvidia GTX 970 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 PC1600  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Kingston Hyper X 240GB SSD, 3x 1 TB WD Black, 6... LG Blu-Ray Player Corsair H100i Extreme Windows 8.1 Pro 64x 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 29UM65-P  Razer Deathadder 2013 EVGA SuperNOVA 850 Watt G2 Rosewill Thor V2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Mad Catz R.A.T 3 Steelseries  Creative Sound Blaster Z 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.8 Ghz Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 MSI Radeon HD4890  8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600Mhz  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1 TB + 640 GB WD Blue  LG Super Write SATA DVD Burner w/ lightscribe Xigmatek Dark Knight Windows 8 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
None Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Corsair CX500 Watt PSU Antec 900 
MouseAudio
Razer Deathadder  Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.4 Ghz Alienware ATI Radeon HD7970M 2GB 6 GB DDR3  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x 500 GB Hard Drive DVD Burner Drive Alienware Windows 7 Home Premium 64x SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
17.3" 1920x1080 Alienware FX backlite keyboard Dell A/C Power Adapter + Battery M17X R4 
MouseAudio
Touchpad Creative Sound Blaster Recon3Di + Klipsch Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply