Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 680 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 680 Owner's Club - Page 249

post #2481 of 6048
im wondering if it was just the older version of EVGA precision just keeping the sliders at the 800 tick mark( on my 580's) thus making me think the cards were going full blast asap. Precision X seems to me more real time with their readings.
post #2482 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipleytx817 View Post

im wondering if it was just the older version of EVGA precision just keeping the sliders at the 800 tick mark( on my 580's) thus making me think the cards were going full blast asap. Precision X seems to me more real time with their readings.

Probably that was the issue. I had 3x GTX580's and they were all going to idle clocks as well. wink.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 7700k ASUS Maximus IX Formula EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666MHz CL16 Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB WD Red 4TB WD Green 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 PRO ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Corsair K70 RGB MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova T2 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 2 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO 80ohm JDS O2+ODAC Zalman MIC-M1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 7700k ASUS Maximus IX Formula EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666MHz CL16 Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB WD Red 4TB WD Green 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 PRO ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Corsair K70 RGB MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova T2 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 2 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO 80ohm JDS O2+ODAC Zalman MIC-M1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2483 of 6048
448

Upgrade from my 560ti, runs cooler at idle then my 560ti twin frozr and just as, if not more silent.
Couldn't be happier atm.. Now to dabble in this oc buisness biggrin.gif
Foinally!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
core i5 750 MSI P55-GD65 MSI GTX 680 Corsair XMS3 2x2gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128gb WD6401AALS Win7 64bit Dell U2713HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch tenkeyless cherry browns Corsair AX650w Antec p183 CMStorm spawn 
Audio
Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
Foinally!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
core i5 750 MSI P55-GD65 MSI GTX 680 Corsair XMS3 2x2gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128gb WD6401AALS Win7 64bit Dell U2713HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch tenkeyless cherry browns Corsair AX650w Antec p183 CMStorm spawn 
Audio
Z-2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2484 of 6048
did yours come with any case sticker...
post #2485 of 6048
Benched my 680s on my lunchbreak 105% mhz OC
700
post #2486 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobb View Post

Mine isn't great either. I can only get up to 1200 Mhz core (max boost) without it crashing in Heaven. Which on my card is +76 on the core beings it is factory OC'd.

My oc results are very unexpected. Without any overclock (just adjusting power to 110% and modifying the fan profile to keep it under 70C) It overclock itself to 1202Mhz. That is with +0Mhz overclock running Heaven all maxed at 1080. It is a EVGA SC, so its nominal boost is 1124MHz, but it always runs at 1202MHz
First I though, great, this should have a good overclocking potential if automatically clocks itself this high.
But unfortunately I can only clock it stable in Heaven to a crappy +26Mhz for a total overclock of 1228Mhz.
I understand this is the average overclock people is getting, around 1200-1250Mhz. But seeing that I can only move the slider +26Mhz is very sad smile.gif
This just proof what others have mentioned before: is an exercise of futility to report the overclock in delta +Mhz (mine is only +26Mhz!)
We should only report the total max clock while running a clearly define benchmark because the clock can be dependent of the application.
In my case, I can reach constant 1228Mhz while running Heaven all max @ 1080 for at least 3 loops.
What are your results?
Edited by Antiflash - 4/23/12 at 12:54pm
post #2487 of 6048
I've been busy trying to OC my card today and unfortunately the maximum OC I was able to achieve is only +95 on the core and +300 on the memory.

Power consumption reaches 105% at a maximum and it stays just under 70 degrees.

1180 / 3305

Pretty disappointed.
post #2488 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summ20 View Post

Yeah, glad I'm not the only one with bad results.
Honestly expected more from this card.

i wouldnt call your $500 worlds fastest single GPU card a bad card because you can get a high ass overclock out of it. that likes telling the world champion horse that just won that if he cant beat every other horsie by 2 more seconds next time he is bad. he is still the best around, never ever gunna get me down.. lol music. but i really have read most of this forum and 1200 is pretty average id say. these cards i believe are clocked past there originally expected launch core speed to push out AMD for "fastest single GPU" which might make the clocks seems lower in OC'ing compared to most 7970's with there LOW base core clock as we have found out. you have a GOOD card. you really will only notice a few frames difference between 1200mhz and 1300mhz. mine runs at 1300mhz and i just got lucky but it doesnt boost real life FPS more than a few. only time i will need that extra grunt is when this card is getting long in the tooth and i need that extra 5FPS to keep my minimum FPS over 60 for Vsync in games in a year or so.
post #2489 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiflash View Post

My oc results are very unexpected. Without any overclock (just adjusting power to 110% and modifying the fan profile to keep it under 70C) It overclock itself to 1202Mhz. That is with +0Mhz overclock running Heaven all maxed at 1080. It is a EVGA SC, so its nominal boost is 1124MHz, but it always runs at 1202MHz
First I though, great, this should have a good overclocking potential if automatically clocks itself this high.
But unfortunately I can only clock it stable in Heaven to a crappy +26Mhz for a total overclock of 1228Mhz.
I understand this is the average overclock people is getting, around 1200-1250Mhz. But seeing that I can only move the slider +26Mhz is very sad smile.gif
This just proof what others have mentioned before: is an exercise of futility to report the overclock in delta +Mhz (mine is only +26Mhz!)
We should only report the total max clock while running a clearly define benchmark because the clock can be dependent of the application.
In my case, I can reach constant 1228Mhz while running Heaven all max @ 1080 for at least 3 loops.
What are your results?

My card will not boost over what I set it to. At stock clocks, with a +0 offset and 132% power, it will not boost over 1124mhz. With a +76 offset, it will not boost past 1200 Mhz. I'm starting to think this MSI BIOS on my card is a little different with how it works...not sure though. With your +0 offset, you get the same results as my +76 offset beings mine doesnt boost past what it is set to.

My +76 (1200Mhz boost) and +300 memory are about the max I can use and make it through Heaven without crashing. I can run through heaven at +500 memory, but get some flashes..no crashes though. ~+300 is about the max I can run when I did OCCT without getting artifacts within the first 2 minutes.
Edited by jbobb - 4/23/12 at 2:07pm
My Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 3.8 Ghz Gigabyte EX58-UD4P MSI GTX 680 Twin Frozr OC 3x2GB G.Skill DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4-64GB WD Caviar Black-1TB ASUS DRW-24B1ST Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64bit Asus VG248qe Logitech G15 Corsair TX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500r (White) Razer DeathAdder 2013 Razer Vespula Creative X-Fi Titanium HD 
AudioOther
Audio Technica AD700 bitfenix recon 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 3.8 Ghz Gigabyte EX58-UD4P MSI GTX 680 Twin Frozr OC 3x2GB G.Skill DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4-64GB WD Caviar Black-1TB ASUS DRW-24B1ST Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64bit Asus VG248qe Logitech G15 Corsair TX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500r (White) Razer DeathAdder 2013 Razer Vespula Creative X-Fi Titanium HD 
AudioOther
Audio Technica AD700 bitfenix recon 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2490 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobb View Post

My card will not boost over what I set it to. At stock clocks, with a +0 offset and 132% power, it will not boost over 1124mhz. With a +76 offset, it will not boost past 1200 Mhz. I'm starting to think this MSI BIOS on my card is a little different with how it works...not sure though. With your +0 offset, you get the same results as my +76 offset beings mine doesnt boost past what it is set to.

Definetely they work different, for my EVGA the nominal or set boost speed is just a meaningless number. It is not a maximum like in your MSI, nor an average. My card just auto-overclock from the set boost of 1124 to 1202Mhz. That is my real boost (at +0Mhz offset) that I can only read from Afterburner or Precision real time graphs. That's why I have so little left headroom for additional overclock. To my understanding this is by design by nvidia boost technology, and it how much more than nominal boost speed is intrinsic to each card. The puzzeling bit is that for my card its boost clock is so close to its maximun overclock of only 1228Mhz, so the boost algorithms are not really predicting the actual overclocking ability of the card.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 680 Owner's Club