Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 680 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 680 Owner's Club - Page 408

post #4071 of 6048

Aloha Oe
(17 items)
 
QT
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 4700HQ MSI Laptop Board GTX 765m 16 gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2x RAID0 128gb SSD's 1 TB Storage Drive WD My Pasport LG Slim Portable Blu-Ray Multi 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows H8 LG Flattron 24EA53V Ducky 9008G2 MSI GS70 UltraSlim Case 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Mad Catz R.A.T TE Razer Vespula Creative Soundblaster 2x Mids and a Sub (built in) Creative Gigaworks T40 
Audio
Blue Yeti 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Dual Core Nokia  Adreno 225 1024mb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
32 GB Solid State Windows Phone 8.1 4.5 inch Ammoled @ 768x1280 Trident Aegis (red)  
Other
8.7mp Camera with Carl Zeiss Lens and Xenon Flash  
  hide details  
Reply
Aloha Oe
(17 items)
 
QT
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 4700HQ MSI Laptop Board GTX 765m 16 gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2x RAID0 128gb SSD's 1 TB Storage Drive WD My Pasport LG Slim Portable Blu-Ray Multi 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows H8 LG Flattron 24EA53V Ducky 9008G2 MSI GS70 UltraSlim Case 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Mad Catz R.A.T TE Razer Vespula Creative Soundblaster 2x Mids and a Sub (built in) Creative Gigaworks T40 
Audio
Blue Yeti 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Dual Core Nokia  Adreno 225 1024mb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
32 GB Solid State Windows Phone 8.1 4.5 inch Ammoled @ 768x1280 Trident Aegis (red)  
Other
8.7mp Camera with Carl Zeiss Lens and Xenon Flash  
  hide details  
Reply
post #4072 of 6048
Update: So today I took the cooler off my Windforce GTX 680 because I wanted to replace the stock thermal paste, in the process I noticed that my VRM sink wasnt mounted correctly and as a result was not properly cooling the vrms. I fixed this issue and remounted the VRM sink and then re applied my own thermal paste and put the stock cooler back on.

I wondered if I could get a higher overclock now and to my suprise I did and im sure it was because of the VRM sink! My new stable oveclock in the Heaven demo is 1380mhz core and 550+ on the mem. I only hope that I get another modded bios that will allow me to go beyond 1.21vc because this card is taking it like a champ running very cool and overclocking like crazy. With a little more vcore I could break 1400mhz on air easily.
post #4073 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsM6S View Post

Update: So today I took the cooler off my Windforce GTX 680 because I wanted to replace the stock thermal paste, in the process I noticed that my VRM sink wasnt mounted correctly and as a result was not properly cooling the vrms. I fixed this issue and remounted the VRM sink and then re applied my own thermal paste and put the stock cooler back on.
I wondered if I could get a higher overclock now and to my suprise I did and im sure it was because of the VRM sink! My new stable oveclock in the Heaven demo is 1380mhz core and 550+ on the mem. I only hope that I get another modded bios that will allow me to go beyond 1.21vc because this card is taking it like a champ running very cool and overclocking like crazy. With a little more vcore I could break 1400mhz on air easily.
thumb.gif
Post some screen shots of that bad boy in Heaven.. Thinking of buying one for another build..
Edited by Hanoverfist - 7/31/12 at 8:08pm
post #4074 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsM6S View Post

Update: So today I took the cooler off my Windforce GTX 680 because I wanted to replace the stock thermal paste, in the process I noticed that my VRM sink wasnt mounted correctly and as a result was not properly cooling the vrms. I fixed this issue and remounted the VRM sink and then re applied my own thermal paste and put the stock cooler back on.
I wondered if I could get a higher overclock now and to my suprise I did and im sure it was because of the VRM sink! My new stable oveclock in the Heaven demo is 1380mhz core and 550+ on the mem. I only hope that I get another modded bios that will allow me to go beyond 1.21vc because this card is taking it like a champ running very cool and overclocking like crazy. With a little more vcore I could break 1400mhz on air easily.

Thats pretty cool! So close to 1400mhz barrier! thumb.gif What was it before you sorted out your vrm heatsink?
N.R.S.A.
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690K Asus Maximus VII Ranger Gigabyte 1080 ti Aorus Xtreme G.Skill TridentX 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
1 TB Western Digital Green Corsair H110i Acer XB270HU CM Storm Quickfire Rapid 
CaseMouse
Phanteks P400 CM Storm Spawn 
  hide details  
Reply
N.R.S.A.
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690K Asus Maximus VII Ranger Gigabyte 1080 ti Aorus Xtreme G.Skill TridentX 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
1 TB Western Digital Green Corsair H110i Acer XB270HU CM Storm Quickfire Rapid 
CaseMouse
Phanteks P400 CM Storm Spawn 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4075 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by samoth777 View Post

Thats pretty cool! So close to 1400mhz barrier! thumb.gif What was it before you sorted out your vrm heatsink?

Thanks man, if I could just get a bios with a little more vcore 1400 would be cake because my temps are still very good.
post #4076 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by samoth777 View Post

Thats pretty cool! So close to 1400mhz barrier! thumb.gif What was it before you sorted out your vrm heatsink?

1360mhz core before I fixed the vrm heatsink so a 20mhz gain on the core. Will post some heaven shots later, im just over 57fps maxed out at 1920X1080.
post #4077 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsM6S View Post

1360mhz core before I fixed the vrm heatsink so a 20mhz gain on the core. Will post some heaven shots later, im just over 57fps maxed out at 1920X1080.
Can you run heaven twice , it doesn't sound right, I get 54.3 all maxed out 1920X1080 and my crappy card only hit 1202 core and 200 memory
Just pc
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k 4.7ghz 1.232V Asus Maximus z97 Evga GTX 780 SC SLI  Corsair Dominator 16gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 128gb Seagate Barracuda 2TB Sony DVD RW AD-7260s LG Blu-ray Drive WH-12LS39 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Antec 620 pull push W7 ultimate 64bit BenQ XL2420T 120HZ  Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Ax 1200 NZXT Phantom White Logitech G700 SteelSeries QcK+  
AudioAudioAudio
Sound Blaster ZxR  Krk rokit 5 g3 Ultrasone HFI-780 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T A780L3G NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT Kingston 8gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 1Tb W7 Ultimate 64 bit HP 2211X Corsair 430 CX 
Case
My old HP case 
  hide details  
Reply
Just pc
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k 4.7ghz 1.232V Asus Maximus z97 Evga GTX 780 SC SLI  Corsair Dominator 16gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 128gb Seagate Barracuda 2TB Sony DVD RW AD-7260s LG Blu-ray Drive WH-12LS39 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Antec 620 pull push W7 ultimate 64bit BenQ XL2420T 120HZ  Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Ax 1200 NZXT Phantom White Logitech G700 SteelSeries QcK+  
AudioAudioAudio
Sound Blaster ZxR  Krk rokit 5 g3 Ultrasone HFI-780 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T A780L3G NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT Kingston 8gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 1Tb W7 Ultimate 64 bit HP 2211X Corsair 430 CX 
Case
My old HP case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4078 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by furyn9 View Post

Can you run heaven twice , it doesn't sound right, I get 54.3 all maxed out 1920X1080 and my crappy card only hit 1202 core and 200 memory

Sure, ran it a few times and its always a bit over 57fps. How bout I lower my settings to what you have and see how it compares? BRB.
post #4079 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsM6S View Post

Sure, ran it a few times and its always a bit over 57fps. How bout I lower my settings to what you have and see how it compares? BRB.

Use the settings from here, everyone seems to use these to compare. I get 61.0fps at these settings, you should get more.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1235557/official-top-30-heaven-benchmark-3-0-scores
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 DO stepping @4.2GHz 1.344V Gigabyte X58A-UD7 EVGA 2 GB GTX 680 @1337Mhz Hi Flow+Backplate CRUCIAL Ballistix Sport 24GB 6 x 4GB 1600MHz DD... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility III 60GB SSD 2x Samsung F3 750GB Samsung F4 2TB LG BlueRay Reader/DVDrewriter 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Prolimatech Megahalem with push and pull fans Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 32in Sony Bravia TV 1920x1080 W5500 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX750 Thermaltake Armor+ LCS VH600LBWS Logitech G500 Boogie pad XL 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series... Nesteq FanMax 8-Channel Fan Controller 4x Scythe Kaze Jyuni 1900RPM Slip Stream 120mm ... Logitech X-540 
Other
4x Xigmatek 1500RPM blue LED 120mm Fans 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 DO stepping @4.2GHz 1.344V Gigabyte X58A-UD7 EVGA 2 GB GTX 680 @1337Mhz Hi Flow+Backplate CRUCIAL Ballistix Sport 24GB 6 x 4GB 1600MHz DD... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility III 60GB SSD 2x Samsung F3 750GB Samsung F4 2TB LG BlueRay Reader/DVDrewriter 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Prolimatech Megahalem with push and pull fans Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 32in Sony Bravia TV 1920x1080 W5500 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX750 Thermaltake Armor+ LCS VH600LBWS Logitech G500 Boogie pad XL 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series... Nesteq FanMax 8-Channel Fan Controller 4x Scythe Kaze Jyuni 1900RPM Slip Stream 120mm ... Logitech X-540 
Other
4x Xigmatek 1500RPM blue LED 120mm Fans 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4080 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacedaface View Post

Use the settings from here, everyone seems to use these to compare. I get 61.0fps at these settings, you should get more.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1235557/official-top-30-heaven-benchmark-3-0-scores

1680X1050? no wonder. lol. Im using 1920X1080 all maxed out with 8XAA.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 680 Owner's Club