Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 680 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 680 Owner's Club - Page 72

post #711 of 6048
Any one having issues with the display port with the new drivers.
Hoodz
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k X79 Maximus Extreme Gtx Titan Gtx Titan 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Gskill 2400Mhz 2x Plexitor ssd 1x Corsair force  Windows 8 pro 27' Asus 144Hz 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200 Caselabs Th10 
  hide details  
Reply
Hoodz
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k X79 Maximus Extreme Gtx Titan Gtx Titan 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Gskill 2400Mhz 2x Plexitor ssd 1x Corsair force  Windows 8 pro 27' Asus 144Hz 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200 Caselabs Th10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #712 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodz View Post

Any one having issues with the display port with the new drivers.

You talking about 3.01.10? The drivers that released right after the card?

I'm having no issues, But I've also not tried all the ports.
post #713 of 6048
WOW - I just realized my preliminary benches were off the orignal 300.83 drivers. There is an update to 301.10 drivers. doh.gif


New Feature Summary:

•NVIDIA GPU Boost Technology – dynamically maximizes clock speeds based on workload of the game to push performance to new levels and bring out the best in every game. Learn more on GeForce.com.
•NVIDIA FXAA Technology – shader-based anti-aliasing technology available from the NVIDIA Control Panel that enables ultra-fast anti-aliasing in hundreds of PC games. FXAA delivers similar quality to 4x multi-sample antialiasing (MSAA) but is up to 60% faster, enabling substantially higher performance in games. Note: This feature is disabled for games already have built-in support for FXAA. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
•NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync – dynamically enables vertical sync based on your current frame rates for the smoothest gaming experience. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.•NVIDIA Frame Rate Target – dynamically adjusts frame rate to a user specified target. Support for this feature is enabled via third party applications via NVAPI. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
•NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Technology – with a single GeForce GTX 680 you can expand your PC games across three displays in full stereoscopic 3D for the ultimate “inside the game” experience. NVIDIA Surround also supports triple screen gaming with non-3D Vision monitors. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
New Surround features:

◦Add in a fourth accessory display to get access to your email, web, or other applications while you game.
◦Maximize an application to a single physical display when in Surround mode (enabled by default).
◦Confine the Windows Taskbar to the center display (enabled by default).
◦Enable bezel peeking – a feature which enables users to temporarily ‘peak’ behind the monitor bezels using a hotkey (Ctrl + Alt + B). This feature is designed to be used in conjunction with bezel corrected resolutions.
◦Enables users to add or remove resolutions from the list of Surround resolutions (only those selected will be available to applications).
◦Enables full center display acceleration for single wide display modes (center display must be connected to the master GPU).
•NVIDIA NVENC Support – adds support for the new hardware-based H.264 video encoder in GeForce GTX 680, providing up to 4x faster encoding performance while consuming less power.
Other Details

•Installs PhysX System Software v9.12.0213.
•Installs HD Audio v1.3.12.0.
•Supports OpenGL 4.2
•Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 680.
•Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
•Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #714 of 6048
Hey guys,

To all the owners out there, how are the temps on these card looking? I have been following the thread without posting but have not really seen much temp numbers going around. I wanna get this card to replace my 4890 cfx setup (guiltysmiley.gif) but I am concerned about temps as there are only reference cards out now.

I am not gonna do a lot of OC'ing on this card, just a little bump nothing major, so should I wait for a non-ref pcb like the twin frozr III (damn the wait!!!!) or go with a reference card. Feedback would be much appreciated.
post #715 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazumi View Post

You talking about 3.01.10? The drivers that released right after the card?
I'm having no issues, But I've also not tried all the ports.

Yep just got my 680 sli today and before installed drivers display port was working fine after installed new drivers 3.01.10 display port does not work so now i cant use my 120hz monitor.
Hoodz
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k X79 Maximus Extreme Gtx Titan Gtx Titan 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Gskill 2400Mhz 2x Plexitor ssd 1x Corsair force  Windows 8 pro 27' Asus 144Hz 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200 Caselabs Th10 
  hide details  
Reply
Hoodz
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k X79 Maximus Extreme Gtx Titan Gtx Titan 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Gskill 2400Mhz 2x Plexitor ssd 1x Corsair force  Windows 8 pro 27' Asus 144Hz 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200 Caselabs Th10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #716 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontech View Post

Hey guys,
To all the owners out there, how are the temps on these card looking? I have been following the thread without posting but have not really seen much temp numbers going around. I wanna get this card to replace my 4890 cfx setup (guiltysmiley.gif) but I am concerned about temps as there are only reference cards out now.
I am not gonna do a lot of OC'ing on this card, just a little bump nothing major, so should I wait for a non-ref pcb like the twin frozr III (damn the wait!!!!) or go with a reference card. Feedback would be much appreciated.

I idle 33C-34C. I used to idle at 43C-44C with my GTX 580. Haven't had much time to game yet.

My kids who play Minecraft used to get max 78C on the GTX 580. Today I checked after work and they had been on for hours, max temp in GPU-Z I had running showed 58C. thumb.gif That's even a bigger drop and it had showed 97% GPU usage going on.

It's a night and day turn around for Nvidia. Low power consumption with two six pin connectors getting matching performance to the 7970 in gaming and unheard of temps. Now supporting 3 monitors in 'Surround' and a 4th if you want to do other things on like surf internet etc with ONE card.

*Arizonian checks outside to see if pigs are flying or if hell has frozen over* tongue.gif

486

That's the above shot I saved. I had my card at default today. Also keep in mind everyone might have a custom fan profile and some are more aggressive than others. Mine is pretty middle of the road. However when I set this to a nice 24/7 over clock it will be aggressive.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #717 of 6048

My 680s can only do +112... ~ 1236 MHz for me. 

Mugendramon
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k ASrock Z87 Extreme6 R9 290 Crossfire Samsung 8GB DDR3 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 1T Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB EK Supreme HF Rev 2.0  HW GTX 360 Rad 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK Acetal waterblock W7 64 bit Yamakasi Catleap Q270 2560x1440p Corsair AX850 
CaseAudio
Corsair 800D Creative Titanium HD  
  hide details  
Reply
Mugendramon
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k ASrock Z87 Extreme6 R9 290 Crossfire Samsung 8GB DDR3 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 1T Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB EK Supreme HF Rev 2.0  HW GTX 360 Rad 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK Acetal waterblock W7 64 bit Yamakasi Catleap Q270 2560x1440p Corsair AX850 
CaseAudio
Corsair 800D Creative Titanium HD  
  hide details  
Reply
post #718 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by drka0tic View Post

Finally scored one at Newegg wheee.gif... Thanks to Golden Tiger who told me about the check4change Firefox plug-in. It looks like they keep going in and out of stock throughout the day.

Congrats bud. thumb.gif

I know you've been smashing that F5 button for quite some time. Not to get through a day of work which seems to last forever when they card arrives at your door from UPS. tongue.gif

I almost felt like *cough* *cough* *hack* "Ah boss, I'm not feeling well today" - the day after it arrived. "Yeah I have to save the world from terrorist and my company is counting on me". wink.gif
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #719 of 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

I idle 33C-34C. I used to idle at 43C-44C with my GTX 580. Haven't had much time to game yet.
My kids who play Minecraft used to get max 78C on the GTX 580. Today I checked after work and they had been on for hours, max temp in GPU-Z I had running showed 58C. thumb.gif That's even a bigger drop and it had showed 97% GPU usage going on.
It's a night and day turn around for Nvidia. Low power consumption with two six pin connectors getting matching performance to the 7970 in gaming and unheard of temps. Now supporting 3 monitors in 'Surround' and a 4th if you want to do other things on like surf internet etc with ONE card.
*Arizonian checks outside to see if pigs are flying or if hell has frozen over* tongue.gif
486
That's the above shot I saved. I had my card at default today. Also keep in mind everyone might have a custom fan profile and some are more aggressive than others. Mine is pretty middle of the road. However when I set this to a nice 24/7 over clock it will be aggressive.

Oh that is very nice, much better than my xfx 4890 cards that get up to 93C!!!! I noticed that you fan speed is at 73% how loud is that? I hear the fan is pretty quiet even when set for high RPM. Thanks for the info as well!

I would still like to know other temps people are getting with their fan settings if they dont mind please, thanks in advance!
post #720 of 6048
so has anyone been able to keep the temps UNDER 68c (MAX PEAK) with the fan speed under 65% like that one mod said?
Still feel I got a dud or they messed up the TIM install but im pretty sure thats done via machine and not by hand...
Summer 2016 BUILD
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k Asus Rampage V Extreme GTX 1080 G.Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 460 Swiftech H240-X BwnQ XL2410T Razer Black Widow Chroma 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 1300 G2 NZXT Switch 810 Razer Mamba Razer FireFly 
AudioAudio
Creative Titanium HD Seinheiser HD558 
  hide details  
Reply
Summer 2016 BUILD
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k Asus Rampage V Extreme GTX 1080 G.Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 460 Swiftech H240-X BwnQ XL2410T Razer Black Widow Chroma 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 1300 G2 NZXT Switch 810 Razer Mamba Razer FireFly 
AudioAudio
Creative Titanium HD Seinheiser HD558 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 680 Owner's Club