Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club - Page 12

post #111 of 6483
I got my refund from the one ebay seller who sent me the wrong brick so I could place an order from the "other" seller but wham, price hike.

He might be running low on stock having just sold like 30+ over the past 3 days, or just trying to figure out why they're selling like hotcakes. Whatever the case, if the price doesn't go back to $24 the stock brick isn't causing problems for most and those that have issues can just spend $20 on a step-up transformer. There's no reason to spend more than $30 on a power adapter and certainly no reason to spend $123 wha-smiley.png
post #112 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by haccess View Post

I got my refund from the one ebay seller who sent me the wrong brick so I could place an order from the "other" seller but wham, price hike.
He might be running low on stock having just sold like 30+ over the past 3 days, or just trying to figure out why they're selling like hotcakes. Whatever the case, if the price doesn't go back to $24 the stock brick isn't causing problems for most and those that have issues can just spend $20 on a step-up transformer. There's no reason to spend more than $30 on a power adapter and certainly no reason to spend $123 wha-smiley.png

Yeah I'm in no rush. Some reported their brick that came with the monitor running hot, not mine, cool to the touch so I'm pretty certain I'll be fine if I stick with this. I would like to order the replacement if only just for a backup if I need one.

FYI, my replacement DVI DL cable came from Monoprice the other day and hooked it up last night. It's quite a bit more substantial than the stock one and I could *swear* my picture quality is slightly better. Also, I know this sounds silly and is probably a coincidence, but after changing cables, a dead pixel I discovered a bit later is now working biggrin.gif

This is the cable I got, btw:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10209&cs_id=1020901&p_id=2686&seq=1&format=2

This monitor has been a joy to work and play with for the 3 days I've had it now. The only complaint is that I wish I had a way to color calibrate it well enough. There's gotta be profiles out there people have done to get it look a bit better.
post #113 of 6483
yeah, I agree ill just stick with the stock brick when i get it. thanks for the link to the dual dvi cable, ill grab that and a regular 3 prong cable.

edit:

this would be the correct power cable right?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10228&cs_id=1022801&p_id=5285&seq=1&format=1#largeimage
System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Intel HD Graphics 2000 (GT2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair  Western Digital 1TB Black  Seagate 1TB  Corsair Force series  
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG Blu-ray XSPC Rasa Kit with extra 120MM black ice rad Black Ice  Windows 7 X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24" 1080P LED Microsoft X8 Corsair 850W Haf 932 
MouseAudio
Logitech G500 Logitech G35 
  hide details  
Reply
System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Intel HD Graphics 2000 (GT2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair  Western Digital 1TB Black  Seagate 1TB  Corsair Force series  
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG Blu-ray XSPC Rasa Kit with extra 120MM black ice rad Black Ice  Windows 7 X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24" 1080P LED Microsoft X8 Corsair 850W Haf 932 
MouseAudio
Logitech G500 Logitech G35 
  hide details  
Reply
post #114 of 6483
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGnomes View Post

yeah, I agree ill just stick with the stock brick when i get it. thanks for the link to the dual dvi cable, ill grab that and a regular 3 prong cable.
edit:
this would be the correct power cable right?
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10228&cs_id=1022801&p_id=5285&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

Yeah that should work. Though I doubt you'll need 16AWG for such a low powered device. Amazon has a 6-ft (18AWG I presume) for $3.12. If you have an electronics store near by you might be able to pick one up for a similar price.
post #115 of 6483
Figured I'd register and post a response, since I bought one of these puppies because of this thread.

Ordered from dcsamsungmall, despite FedEX tracking indicating 8 day shipping it went from Korea to Hawaii in 2 which is insane.

Exterior bubblewrap was two-ply of the thin stuff, but the monitor came well packaged so it didn't really matter. Absolutely no stuck or dead pixels, no cosmetic damage. Rotates fully to vertical Power brick is a Fuyuan Electronics 100-240V 60Hz input adapater, works fine after I switched the input cable to 3 prong.

Included dual-link DVI cable.

Monitor doesn't support 60Hz at any resolution but that's a non-issue for me.

Somebody asked earlier (or maybe it was a different thread, iunno) if you could hook up a PS3 to it. I have a DVI-HDMI adapter and I can verify that BF3 will run fine (note that's at 720.) For whatever reason my PS3 lately refuses to let me use 1080p/i on any of my displays so I can't vouch for 1080 content. Will try using different cables later and edit the post, maybe I grabbed one of my old crappy HDMI cables.
post #116 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taget View Post

Besides the colors being a little off tint (going to have to calibrate it) this thing looks perfect. Until I put on an absolutely black screen I didn't see the two stuck green pixels in the center of the monitor. I actually thought it was one but when I looked at the monitor with my nose practically up against the monitor I saw it was actually two itsy bitsty pixels that were in the same neighborhood. Any advice on how to get rid of them would be appreciated. Actually what scared me the most was the reports some people had (albeit with catleaps who were being overclocked) was that there might be a buzzing sound. But this monitor is dead silent.
.

This is what worked in the past for me on a couple of different monitors with stuck pixels (one was a red pixel on a BenQ and another was a Green stuck pixel on a 23inch Acer).

Note do this on your own risk. I am not an expert regarding LCDs. You can always cause more dead pixels by trying this. (although it never happened to me)

Take a piece of cloth (I used a eye class cleaning cloth) and gently start massaging the screen. I would start by gently doing circles around the stuck pixels with a single finger and gradually move further out form the dead pixel. In each case for me pressure on a random screen area away from the stuck pixel caused the issue to correct itself. (one case was about 1.5 inches NW from the stuck pixel and in the other was about an inch away below).

From my experience the flashing screen programs didn't work (but it never hurts to try). Also, this doesn't work with dead (black pixels).

Good Luck!
post #117 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by haccess View Post

I got my refund from the one ebay seller who sent me the wrong brick so I could place an order from the "other" seller but wham, price hike.
He might be running low on stock having just sold like 30+ over the past 3 days, or just trying to figure out why they're selling like hotcakes. Whatever the case, if the price doesn't go back to $24 the stock brick isn't causing problems for most and those that have issues can just spend $20 on a step-up transformer. There's no reason to spend more than $30 on a power adapter and certainly no reason to spend $123 wha-smiley.png

So should I go fourth with a step up/step down transformer? Since the known working power brick is $123 now? Or should I wait out a brick, seeing the brick is still 220v regardless?

Note, my supplied brick and DVI cable are working admirably. but like all of you, I'd feel better with the proper power brick or conversion.
Simplicity
(16 items)
 
#2 PC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI Gaming Z170A EVGA GTX 980 Classified Crucial Ballistix Tactical (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 950 Cryorig H7 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CrossOver 2560x1440 IPS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Capstone 550-M Phanteks Enthoo Pro RAZER Abyssus Mirror Special Edition XTRAC Ripper 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Dayton Audio B652 Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier 8 Inch 60-Watt Powered Subwoofer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q9300 Intel DP45SG MSI TFII GTX 660 Corsair Dominator 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 90gb Deepcool Gammaxx 300 Windows 7 Samsung SyncMaster 932bw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Rosewill Lightning 800w CM Stryker Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
Simplicity
(16 items)
 
#2 PC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI Gaming Z170A EVGA GTX 980 Classified Crucial Ballistix Tactical (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 950 Cryorig H7 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CrossOver 2560x1440 IPS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Capstone 550-M Phanteks Enthoo Pro RAZER Abyssus Mirror Special Edition XTRAC Ripper 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Dayton Audio B652 Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier 8 Inch 60-Watt Powered Subwoofer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q9300 Intel DP45SG MSI TFII GTX 660 Corsair Dominator 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 90gb Deepcool Gammaxx 300 Windows 7 Samsung SyncMaster 932bw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Rosewill Lightning 800w CM Stryker Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
post #118 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabrin View Post

Figured I'd register and post a response, since I bought one of these puppies because of this thread.
Ordered from dcsamsungmall, despite FedEX tracking indicating 8 day shipping it went from Korea to Hawaii in 2 which is insane.
Exterior bubblewrap was two-ply of the thin stuff, but the monitor came well packaged so it didn't really matter. Absolutely no stuck or dead pixels, no cosmetic damage. Rotates fully to vertical Power brick is a Fuyuan Electronics 100-240V 60Hz input adapater, works fine after I switched the input cable to 3 prong.
Included dual-link DVI cable.
Monitor doesn't support 60Hz at any resolution but that's a non-issue for me.
Somebody asked earlier (or maybe it was a different thread, iunno) if you could hook up a PS3 to it. I have a DVI-HDMI adapter and I can verify that BF3 will run fine (note that's at 720.) For whatever reason my PS3 lately refuses to let me use 1080p/i on any of my displays so I can't vouch for 1080 content. Will try using different cables later and edit the post, maybe I grabbed one of my old crappy HDMI cables.

Is this the DVI only model?

I want to run my games at 720p on a PC, use the GPU scaler of the HD4870 to handle this. Would this be possible on this monitor?
BIOS and everything does work correctly? I am not sure always whether it is the multi-input model shown.

This monitor will be used more for work than gaming, but would still like to be able to play lag free and halving the resolution + scaling seems like a good way to go.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, hello to everyone and hope I am not such a n00b that I am chased out of here tongue.gif
post #119 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagz View Post

So should I go fourth with a step up/step down transformer? Since the known working power brick is $123 now? Or should I wait out a brick, seeing the brick is still 220v regardless?
Note, my supplied brick and DVI cable are working admirably. but like all of you, I'd feel better with the proper power brick or conversion.

The Brick is back at 25bucks, go ahead and buy it now haha!
Giggity
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k 4.9ghz HT on @ 1.415v ASRock Z68 Professional(Fatal1ty) Gen 3 Zotac GTX 680 2gb @ +100/400 Zotac GTX 680 2gb @ +100/400 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
8gb Corsair vengeance ddr3 1600 Crucial M4 128 GB 2x Western Digital Black 1TB(Storage Drives) Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64bit Crossover 27' LED-P ASUS VH236H 23' DAS Professional 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X1050 Gold Azza Salano 1000 Black/Black Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
Giggity
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k 4.9ghz HT on @ 1.415v ASRock Z68 Professional(Fatal1ty) Gen 3 Zotac GTX 680 2gb @ +100/400 Zotac GTX 680 2gb @ +100/400 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
8gb Corsair vengeance ddr3 1600 Crucial M4 128 GB 2x Western Digital Black 1TB(Storage Drives) Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64bit Crossover 27' LED-P ASUS VH236H 23' DAS Professional 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X1050 Gold Azza Salano 1000 Black/Black Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #120 of 6483
no its not...still at 123.99..
System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Intel HD Graphics 2000 (GT2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair  Western Digital 1TB Black  Seagate 1TB  Corsair Force series  
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG Blu-ray XSPC Rasa Kit with extra 120MM black ice rad Black Ice  Windows 7 X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24" 1080P LED Microsoft X8 Corsair 850W Haf 932 
MouseAudio
Logitech G500 Logitech G35 
  hide details  
Reply
System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Intel HD Graphics 2000 (GT2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair  Western Digital 1TB Black  Seagate 1TB  Corsair Force series  
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG Blu-ray XSPC Rasa Kit with extra 120MM black ice rad Black Ice  Windows 7 X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24" 1080P LED Microsoft X8 Corsair 850W Haf 932 
MouseAudio
Logitech G500 Logitech G35 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club