Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club - Page 181

post #1801 of 6483
I'm ready to instantly buy one.

However, one thing holding me back after reading the early pages of this thread are dead pixels.

I just can't bare them on something of this price. Does this pixel perfect guarantee a better/perfect panel?

Also, it says postage free. I'm from the UK, so would I have to pay extra costs?

Finally, Why are some going for £240 and others £322, for example?
post #1802 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by felton1592 View Post

I'm ready to instantly buy one.

However, one thing holding me back after reading the early pages of this thread are dead pixels.

I just can't bare them on something of this price. Does this pixel perfect guarantee a better/perfect panel?

Also, it says postage free. I'm from the UK, so would I have to pay extra costs?

Finally, Why are some going for £240 and others £322, for example?

 

Dead pixel is barely visible on 110 PPI monitor. I have 1 dead on a non-perfect pixel purchase. Pixel Perfect to me is not worth the extra.

 
≡ Snowbaru ≡
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 3930K 4.9Ghz Asus Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX TITAN 1250Mhz KPE/Hybrid BIOS (SOLD) NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Founder Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
32GB Samsung 30nm 2400Mhz OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung 850 EVO 13000GB HDDs 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EKWB Custom Watercooling, XSPC, Bitpower, Primo... Windows 10 Pro x64 (1607) ASUS PG278Q G-SYNC (2560x1440) Logitech G910 Onion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Gold Fractal Design Define S Logitech G502 Logitech G440 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Logitech G933 Xbox One Controller Asus RT-AC68U Hitron CDA3 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
5HP 5HP 5HP 5HP 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
5HP 5HP 5HP 5HP 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
5HP 5HP 5HP 5HP 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
5HP 5HP 5HP 5HP 
Other
5HP 
  hide details  
Reply
 
≡ Snowbaru ≡
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 3930K 4.9Ghz Asus Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX TITAN 1250Mhz KPE/Hybrid BIOS (SOLD) NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Founder Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
32GB Samsung 30nm 2400Mhz OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung 850 EVO 13000GB HDDs 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EKWB Custom Watercooling, XSPC, Bitpower, Primo... Windows 10 Pro x64 (1607) ASUS PG278Q G-SYNC (2560x1440) Logitech G910 Onion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Gold Fractal Design Define S Logitech G502 Logitech G440 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Logitech G933 Xbox One Controller Asus RT-AC68U Hitron CDA3 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
5HP 5HP 5HP 5HP 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
5HP 5HP 5HP 5HP 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
5HP 5HP 5HP 5HP 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
5HP 5HP 5HP 5HP 
Other
5HP 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1803 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by felton1592 View Post

I'm ready to instantly buy one.
However, one thing holding me back after reading the early pages of this thread are dead pixels.
I just can't bare them on something of this price. Does this pixel perfect guarantee a better/perfect panel?
Also, it says postage free. I'm from the UK, so would I have to pay extra costs?
Finally, Why are some going for £240 and others £322, for example?

My Friend and I ordered from red-cap two weeks ago and are non-perfect pixels arrived with zero dead pixels and no backlight bleed and my other friend who ordered from green-sum last week again a non-perfect pixel arrived with zero dead pixels so the batch of crossovers forsale are really good because even other members have been saying the same thing about theres..

Me personally I'm happy I didn't jump the gun on these 3 months ago because the quality is getting better and better, but I can almost promise you if they keep shipping perfect the prices are going to be going up a fairbit because more and more people are buying them. Hell I was so close to buying a cat leap when they were getting 3-4 dead pixels, back light bleed or the odd time weird colors, so I decided meh il save for a U3011 but as I been checking back on the threads for the crossover,shimians, and catleaps I noticed more and more people getting perfect screens, so I I finally bought on and couldn't be happier, just in time for guild wars 2 biggrin.gif
Devil's Lair
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SilverStone Tundra TD03-E Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2913WM Corsair K65 EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2  SilverStone Raven RV05 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival  Steelseries Qck+ Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
Devil's Lair
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SilverStone Tundra TD03-E Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2913WM Corsair K65 EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2  SilverStone Raven RV05 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival  Steelseries Qck+ Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1804 of 6483
Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting methods that I haven't tried yet for this monitor? Or should I just send it back as DOA?
post #1805 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkilbride View Post

I did Accesories, because they got listed on Amazon as the Official Dealer of these monitors. IT wasn't Amazon Marketplace, either, so Amazon totally has my back, and I trust Amazon so much more than Paypal. Currently, my monitor is in Alaska. Weird place to be, but hey, that's life.
Also, the 2B PCB boards have been sourced - By the end of the year, we can upgrade these and all the 27'' Koreans to 120hz.

Where can I find out more about these PCB boards? I wouldn't mind tinkering around a bit with my monitor to get it to go 120hz. Do these sort of things require and soldering? Or is it just removing the old one and plugging the new one in?
Cash Incinerator
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-2500k MSI Z68A-GD65 gtx 780 lightning G.Skill DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Kingston HyperX 3k XSPC custom Loop Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 27" CM Storm Trigger Corsair T750X NZXT Phantom 
MouseAudioOther
Logitech Performance MX Swan M200 MKII Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
Cash Incinerator
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-2500k MSI Z68A-GD65 gtx 780 lightning G.Skill DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Kingston HyperX 3k XSPC custom Loop Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 27" CM Storm Trigger Corsair T750X NZXT Phantom 
MouseAudioOther
Logitech Performance MX Swan M200 MKII Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1806 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkilbride View Post

I did Accesories, because they got listed on Amazon as the Official Dealer of these monitors. IT wasn't Amazon Marketplace, either, so Amazon totally has my back, and I trust Amazon so much more than Paypal. Currently, my monitor is in Alaska. Weird place to be, but hey, that's life.
Also, the 2B PCB boards have been sourced - By the end of the year, we can upgrade these and all the 27'' Koreans to 120hz.

Can you share where you got this information from?
Devil's Lair
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SilverStone Tundra TD03-E Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2913WM Corsair K65 EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2  SilverStone Raven RV05 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival  Steelseries Qck+ Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
Devil's Lair
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SilverStone Tundra TD03-E Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2913WM Corsair K65 EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2  SilverStone Raven RV05 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival  Steelseries Qck+ Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1807 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qu1ckset View Post

Can you share where you got this information from?

I'd be interested as well. His storefront on amazon has nothing in it right now.
Acestes
(12 items)
 
Aeneas
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 MSI P55M-GD45 Radeon 5770 G.Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
Corsair Force F120 Windows 7 Professional LG 47" HDTV Antec Fusion Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
Acestes
(12 items)
 
Aeneas
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 MSI P55M-GD45 Radeon 5770 G.Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
Corsair Force F120 Windows 7 Professional LG 47" HDTV Antec Fusion Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1808 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkilbride View Post

Also, the 2B PCB boards have been sourced - By the end of the year, we can upgrade these and all the 27'' Koreans to 120hz.

Woah.. woah ..woah... backup... Elaborate?
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2500k @ 4.9Ghz Asus p8z68-v/gen3 EVGA 780TI Classified @ 1400Mhz EVGA 780TI Classified @ 1400Mhz 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB Gskill RipjawsX DDR3 @ 1866 4x 500GB WD + 128GB Crucial M4 1x DVD-RW Swiftech H320 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 8.1 64bit Crossover 27Q-P+ +(2)Dell P2211H + (2) 24" 1200... Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Black NZXT Switch 810 SteelSeries Sensei  Ripper XXL FIIO E5 + Vmoda M100's with BLU Yeti on ISO Mount 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2500k @ 4.9Ghz Asus p8z68-v/gen3 EVGA 780TI Classified @ 1400Mhz EVGA 780TI Classified @ 1400Mhz 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB Gskill RipjawsX DDR3 @ 1866 4x 500GB WD + 128GB Crucial M4 1x DVD-RW Swiftech H320 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 8.1 64bit Crossover 27Q-P+ +(2)Dell P2211H + (2) 24" 1200... Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Black NZXT Switch 810 SteelSeries Sensei  Ripper XXL FIIO E5 + Vmoda M100's with BLU Yeti on ISO Mount 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1809 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qu1ckset View Post

My Friend and I ordered from red-cap two weeks ago and are non-perfect pixels arrived with zero dead pixels and no backlight bleed and my other friend who ordered from green-sum last week again a non-perfect pixel arrived with zero dead pixels so the batch of crossovers forsale are really good because even other members have been saying the same thing about theres..
Me personally I'm happy I didn't jump the gun on these 3 months ago because the quality is getting better and better, but I can almost promise you if they keep shipping perfect the prices are going to be going up a fairbit because more and more people are buying them. Hell I was so close to buying a cat leap when they were getting 3-4 dead pixels, back light bleed or the odd time weird colors, so I decided meh il save for a U3011 but as I been checking back on the threads for the crossover,shimians, and catleaps I noticed more and more people getting perfect screens, so I I finally bought on and couldn't be happier, just in time for guild wars 2 biggrin.gif

What if I have a dead pixel or more, when going for pixel perfect? Would they pay for postage back?

Also, i'm still confused why some are going for £80 more than others tongue.gif

EDIT: Nevermind, it's the pixel perfect thing boosting price.

So really, not worth the pixel perfect? What If I have even one dead pixel, could I send back?
Edited by felton1592 - 7/24/12 at 11:10am
post #1810 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by felton1592 View Post

What if I have a dead pixel or more, when going for pixel perfect? Would they pay for postage back?
Also, i'm still confused why some are going for £80 more than others tongue.gif
EDIT: Nevermind, it's the pixel perfect thing boosting price.
So really, not worth the pixel perfect? What If I have even one dead pixel, could I send back?

It depends on the seller. AW used to have a zero dead pixel policy and two suck pixels. That has now been bumped to one dead pixel and three stuck pixels I think. It varies by seller.
Edited by Jethric - 7/24/12 at 11:23am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club