Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club - Page 276

post #2751 of 6482
I recently purchased a Vapor-X HD 7970 from Newegg and I am having trouble getting the card to display on my Crossover 27Q. After setting up my new PC using a VGA connection to my TV, I downloaded and Installed all four driver packages that were listed under the download section for this card on the Sapphire website. I then was able to plug my HDMI cable to the video card and it recognized it correctly as a 1080p display. My problem is that I want to use a single 2560x1440 Crossover 27Q monitor but when I plug in the dual link DVI-D cable from the monitor to the video card it will not display.

In the catalyst control center, I go to "desktop management" then "creating and arranging desktops" and it recognizes both displays however only the TV is enabled and when I hold my mouse over the second display it says "QHD27Q, DFP, DVI disabled". I click the small black arrow in the top right corner and my options are "Extend" or "Replace". When I click extend it says the following: "This operation is not supported based on current display configuration". Clicking on Replace makes the Apply button flash green and then return to normal.

Two other things to note are that the monitor light is an amber color which indicates that the monitor is on but not receiving a signal. Also, if I unplug the DVI-D connection, I hear the familiar device disconnected noise through my TV speakers since the HDMI cable is carrying the audio.

I would appreciate any help resolving this issue. Thanks.
post #2752 of 6482
Not sure if this is news to anyone but I'm seeing 3020mdp models now at 2560x1600 on eBay, did a search of model on overclock here and nothing showed up that's relevant

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CROSSOVER-3020MDP-30-SPEAKER-MONITOR-WQHD-2560x1600-16-10-HIGH-RESOLUTION-/320878448917?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item4ab5d89115
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2753 of 6482
I just purchased one from goodforum.... I'm a little nervous now! haha!!
My Supra PC Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k  Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97  Asus Strix GTX970  G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Crucial Real SSD C300 WD Black 3TB Lite 24x DVD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 Water Cooling Kit Windows 7 Ultimate Crossover 27Q LED-P Logitech G11 & G13 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 850TX Xion Predator Logitech G700 Corsair Gaming MM200  
  hide details  
Reply
My Supra PC Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k  Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97  Asus Strix GTX970  G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Crucial Real SSD C300 WD Black 3TB Lite 24x DVD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 Water Cooling Kit Windows 7 Ultimate Crossover 27Q LED-P Logitech G11 & G13 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 850TX Xion Predator Logitech G700 Corsair Gaming MM200  
  hide details  
Reply
post #2754 of 6482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northstar View Post

I just purchased one from goodforum.... I'm a little nervous now! haha!!

Before you came along it seems that I was the first and only person to purchase from him. I had a great experience- the monitor is simply fantastic, shipping was quick, and I believe his listing was the cheapest in the Top-Rated Seller category.

Let me know how it goes and best of luck!
Hatachi I
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 750 Gigabyte P55A-UD4P MSI GTX 780 Lightning G.SKILL Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel X25-M G2 SanDisk Extreme [2x] Western Digital Caviar Black RAID 0 Asus DRW-24B1ST 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q LED-P Dell U2311H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus MS238H  WASD V1 Semi-Custom Corsair AX750 Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Steelseries 4HD M-Audio BX5 D2 Logitech Z-2300 
Audio
Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
Hatachi I
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 750 Gigabyte P55A-UD4P MSI GTX 780 Lightning G.SKILL Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel X25-M G2 SanDisk Extreme [2x] Western Digital Caviar Black RAID 0 Asus DRW-24B1ST 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q LED-P Dell U2311H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus MS238H  WASD V1 Semi-Custom Corsair AX750 Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Steelseries 4HD M-Audio BX5 D2 Logitech Z-2300 
Audio
Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2755 of 6482
K just got two boxes of goodies from FedEx, same quality pics entail as last update

Bubble wrapped box as I seen to become expected of AW


Box underneath is more mint than the unbubblewrapped one I got earlier


The bandanas...


Letter of quality and such, nice to see


Sitting and inspecting


Accessories and the free plug adapter as described if you don't have spare US cord


Dogs aren't showing the same enthusiasm as me lol


Second crossover sitting next to ACD for pixel testing and calibration


Second package contained these guys, so I'm off to installing after I post this


Happy to report my second purchase has no dead or stuck pixels again and the stand is in better shape than the first
Bought on the 17th and delivered in CT on the 19th, great shipping from AW indeed
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2756 of 6482
As soon as I get my BenQ sold. I'll be purchasing one of these monitors. What's the best model so far? Just the single Dual link dvi with adjustable stand?
post #2757 of 6482
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrf1004 View Post

I recently purchased a Vapor-X HD 7970 from Newegg and I am having trouble getting the card to display on my Crossover 27Q. After setting up my new PC using a VGA connection to my TV, I downloaded and Installed all four driver packages that were listed under the download section for this card on the Sapphire website. I then was able to plug my HDMI cable to the video card and it recognized it correctly as a 1080p display. My problem is that I want to use a single 2560x1440 Crossover 27Q monitor but when I plug in the dual link DVI-D cable from the monitor to the video card it will not display.
In the catalyst control center, I go to "desktop management" then "creating and arranging desktops" and it recognizes both displays however only the TV is enabled and when I hold my mouse over the second display it says "QHD27Q, DFP, DVI disabled". I click the small black arrow in the top right corner and my options are "Extend" or "Replace". When I click extend it says the following: "This operation is not supported based on current display configuration". Clicking on Replace makes the Apply button flash green and then return to normal.
Two other things to note are that the monitor light is an amber color which indicates that the monitor is on but not receiving a signal. Also, if I unplug the DVI-D connection, I hear the familiar device disconnected noise through my TV speakers since the HDMI cable is carrying the audio.
I would appreciate any help resolving this issue. Thanks.

Have you had display working correctly on the CrossOver with another video card? If not - might be the cable. I am running the CrossOver LED-P with my XFX Core 7970 w/ supplied dual link dvi cable from Greensum.
post #2758 of 6482
Has anyone tried hooking two of these panels up to one pc on the cheap? You would think something like this card would be sufficient but I've read that a lot of these cards with two dual-link dvi ports cannot, in fact, drive two dual-link displays simultaneously.

I guess you could get two cheap cards, but it seems like a waste...
Edited by bestbright - 9/19/12 at 1:46pm
post #2759 of 6482
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbright View Post

Has anyone tried hooking two of these panels up to one pc on the cheap? You would think something like this card would be sufficient but I've read that a lot of these cards with two dual-link dvi ports cannot, in fact, drive two dual-link displays simultaneously.
I guess you could get two cheap cards, but it seems like a waste...

I think it would be pushing itself pretty far to drive just one when under a bit of load. 2 would be pushing it. I don't even think it's supported by these monitors. You need certain levels of power just to have these displays give you a picture IIRC.
Trinity
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-5800K Biostar Hi-Fi A85W APU Integrated Graphics G.Skill 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 64GB Western Digital WD Blue 500GB Lite-On iHAS124 CD/DVD Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (Pull Configuration) 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit NEC MultiSync LCD1970VX NEC MultiSync LCD1970VX Filco Majestouch Black w/ Cherry MX Blue (JIS l... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX430 NZXT Source 220 Logitech Click! Mouse SteelSeries QcK Mini Diablo III Edition 
AudioAudioOther
Sony SRS-T10PC USB Portable Speaker Realtek Onboard Audio Intel Centrino Desktop Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Trinity
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-5800K Biostar Hi-Fi A85W APU Integrated Graphics G.Skill 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 64GB Western Digital WD Blue 500GB Lite-On iHAS124 CD/DVD Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (Pull Configuration) 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit NEC MultiSync LCD1970VX NEC MultiSync LCD1970VX Filco Majestouch Black w/ Cherry MX Blue (JIS l... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX430 NZXT Source 220 Logitech Click! Mouse SteelSeries QcK Mini Diablo III Edition 
AudioAudioOther
Sony SRS-T10PC USB Portable Speaker Realtek Onboard Audio Intel Centrino Desktop Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2760 of 6482
Currently in between classes ATM but figure Id post this, always check screw length when VESA mounting the 27q, I used the four screws provided with the ergotron mx and they went in without extra force required but when I went to plug in the power bricks for both the monitors the green light died and faint crackling insued.

Turns out the screws went and made contact with the blue PCB and shorted out the connections. Double checked the monitors after I took them off the wallmounts and they were aye ok. My fault and stupidness for that since I didn't refer to the manual but just thought I'd pass on the warning. Got 8 new screws before I went to class so I should be set, looks awesome when it was setup though lol.
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club