Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club - Page 311

post #3101 of 6483
Welp, I'm starting to think my flickering problem isn't PCB related, but backlight related as I did a looked a little closer and it looks like the flickering is occurring on the left side of the monitor more than the right - could that still be a PCB thing? I'm thinking not, which really worries me.

I tried to take a video but it just doesn't capture things as well as I would like it to. You can kinda see the flickering in the video, so if this helps anyone think about what my problem might be here, I would appreciate any insight you can offer....
post #3102 of 6483
It was hard to see in that video but it definitely did look isolated to the left side. While its possible the PCB could be at fault I think a backlight bulb going bad is more likely to blame. I would contact your seller and get the ball rolling cause if they do try to help you it's gonna be a long process. I imagine they'll try to send you a new PCB to try before they take it back, if they do at all. However if your seller wont help I can give you the contact info of the person from Crossover I spoke to. He was very helpful and might be able to take care of you if your seller won't.
post #3103 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehpsyc View Post

It was hard to see in that video but it definitely did look isolated to the left side. While its possible the PCB could be at fault I think a backlight bulb going bad is more likely to blame. I would contact your seller and get the ball rolling cause if they do try to help you it's gonna be a long process. I imagine they'll try to send you a new PCB to try before they take it back, if they do at all. However if your seller wont help I can give you the contact info of the person from Crossover I spoke to. He was very helpful and might be able to take care of you if your seller won't.
That's what I feared as well frown.gif

I sent a message to my seller. Really hoping he can take care of me, but I have big doubts because the guy no longer sells the item and might not have my interests in mind here anymore, especially since it's been over 6 months since I made the purchase.
post #3104 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by binarysmacker View Post

I took Karails advice and decided to go for it, I slide my thumb along the bezel until it was painfull and then it just popped off (the bezel that is tongue.gif).
I just took everything apart and then put it all back together again.
As its the 27QD model.
Heres the teardown photos.
https://plus.google.com/photos/100436332559084708570/albums/5797837097129401857

How was it? I have a LED-P that i want to debezel - do you think itll look ok without the cover? Does the QD model have the white metal backing? I went from 3x24" in Eyefinity to the 1 27" - and honestly i like it a lot better...3 TN monitors is just too much and they look ugly unless you curve them towards you - which makes fish eye effect worse

I have a 2nd 120hz 27" coming in and i want to debezel them both, kinda worried about the CrossOver though

Also - what is that padding you have underneath your kb and mouse? That looks awesome tongue.gif looks like a mech kb too
post #3105 of 6483
my message to greensum:
i'm interested in getting 4 of these monitors. but i have a special request. i don't want the stands on them i already have aftermarket stands. and also would like them shipped in 2 boxes. i also would like the monitors to be checked so that they don't ship with flaws.I dont want to deal with dead pixels or any color issues because i don't want to send them back. is that possible and since i won't be getting the stands how much would they cost me total to Michigan, USA?


reply from greensum
Hello, thank you for your interest. We are selling products as they are sealed in a box. We cannot put them together in one box because of the increased risk of damaging the products. Sorry for the inconvenience.Thank you
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k (3233C Batch)  G1.Sniper 3 sapphire 7950 reference sapphire 7950 reference 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
ares 32GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2.5" MZ-7PD256BW Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 128GB Western Digital WD1002FAEX  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
usb iomega superslim dvd Zalman CNPS12X 7 ultimate x64 SP1 ZR30w 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
u2412mb u2412mb u2412m u2412m 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
V7 D24W33 LA2405wg E157FP dell sk-8115 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
SeaSonic Platinum-860 860W ATX12V RSV-R4000 Rackmount Server Chassis TeamScorpion X-Luca xtrac ripper xxl 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 logitech c920 webcam logitech C920 Webcam serato sl1 
Other
usb 2.0 hub 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k (3233C Batch)  G1.Sniper 3 sapphire 7950 reference sapphire 7950 reference 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
ares 32GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2.5" MZ-7PD256BW Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 128GB Western Digital WD1002FAEX  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
usb iomega superslim dvd Zalman CNPS12X 7 ultimate x64 SP1 ZR30w 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
u2412mb u2412mb u2412m u2412m 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
V7 D24W33 LA2405wg E157FP dell sk-8115 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
SeaSonic Platinum-860 860W ATX12V RSV-R4000 Rackmount Server Chassis TeamScorpion X-Luca xtrac ripper xxl 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 logitech c920 webcam logitech C920 Webcam serato sl1 
Other
usb 2.0 hub 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3106 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix65 View Post

my message to greensum:
i'm interested in getting 4 of these monitors. but i have a special request. i don't want the stands on them i already have aftermarket stands. and also would like them shipped in 2 boxes. i also would like the monitors to be checked so that they don't ship with flaws.I dont want to deal with dead pixels or any color issues because i don't want to send them back. is that possible and since i won't be getting the stands how much would they cost me total to Michigan, USA?
reply from greensum
Hello, thank you for your interest. We are selling products as they are sealed in a box. We cannot put them together in one box because of the increased risk of damaging the products. Sorry for the inconvenience.Thank you

Sounds relatively fair in my opinion, doesn't mention if he'll check em though >.>
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3107 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azefore View Post

Sounds relatively fair in my opinion, doesn't mention if he'll check em though >.>
if he agreed to that my next email was gonna tell him to write me a paypal invoice instead of going through ebay for a further discount. i'm poor. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

i've sold brand new monitors on ebay. and it cost $20 to ship them. that's $40 for 2 monitors. if the guy asked me to ship them in one box to save him money i would have. and i sold them to him via paypal invoice.

they were zr24w's. i got them cheap but they weren't LED so i sold them. 4+ regular monitors use unnecessary power.
Edited by Remix65 - 10/11/12 at 3:02pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k (3233C Batch)  G1.Sniper 3 sapphire 7950 reference sapphire 7950 reference 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
ares 32GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2.5" MZ-7PD256BW Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 128GB Western Digital WD1002FAEX  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
usb iomega superslim dvd Zalman CNPS12X 7 ultimate x64 SP1 ZR30w 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
u2412mb u2412mb u2412m u2412m 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
V7 D24W33 LA2405wg E157FP dell sk-8115 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
SeaSonic Platinum-860 860W ATX12V RSV-R4000 Rackmount Server Chassis TeamScorpion X-Luca xtrac ripper xxl 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 logitech c920 webcam logitech C920 Webcam serato sl1 
Other
usb 2.0 hub 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k (3233C Batch)  G1.Sniper 3 sapphire 7950 reference sapphire 7950 reference 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
ares 32GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2.5" MZ-7PD256BW Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 128GB Western Digital WD1002FAEX  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
usb iomega superslim dvd Zalman CNPS12X 7 ultimate x64 SP1 ZR30w 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
u2412mb u2412mb u2412m u2412m 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
V7 D24W33 LA2405wg E157FP dell sk-8115 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
SeaSonic Platinum-860 860W ATX12V RSV-R4000 Rackmount Server Chassis TeamScorpion X-Luca xtrac ripper xxl 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 logitech c920 webcam logitech C920 Webcam serato sl1 
Other
usb 2.0 hub 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3108 of 6483
I doubt he will check them , otherwise he wouldn't be selling perfect pixel model.
2012 Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Intel HD Graphics 2000 (GT2) AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair  Corsair  Seagate Barracuda 1TB MSI 22X Internal Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Acheiva Shiaman QH270-Lite RAZER BlackWidow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 LIAN LI Lancool PC-K58W RAZER DeathAdder ZOWIE GEAR G-TF "SpawN" Cloth 
  hide details  
Reply
2012 Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Intel HD Graphics 2000 (GT2) AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair  Corsair  Seagate Barracuda 1TB MSI 22X Internal Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Acheiva Shiaman QH270-Lite RAZER BlackWidow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 LIAN LI Lancool PC-K58W RAZER DeathAdder ZOWIE GEAR G-TF "SpawN" Cloth 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3109 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix65 View Post

if he agreed to that my next email was gonna tell him to write me a paypal invoice instead of going through ebay for a further discount. i'm poor. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
i've sold brand new monitors on ebay. and it cost $20 to ship them. that's $40 for 2 monitors. if the guy asked me to ship them in one box to save him money i would have. and i sold them to him via paypal invoice.
they were zr24w's. i got them cheap but they weren't LED so i sold them. 4+ regular monitors use unnecessary power.

Don't you buy them through paypal on ebay anyways though? Or do they add in the difference for what ebay charges them? Also yah I can see the consumption being relatively high, I was surprised when I saw the crossovers hit 45w-65w on minimum brightness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0gus85 View Post

I doubt he will check them , otherwise he wouldn't be selling perfect pixel model.

True enough but Accessorieswhole supposedly does even on non pixel perfect, they just look for 3(?) or less dead pixels
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3110 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azefore View Post

Don't you buy them through paypal on ebay anyways though? Or do they add in the difference for what ebay charges them? Also yah I can see the consumption being relatively high, I was surprised when I saw the crossovers hit 45w-65w on minimum brightness.
ebay takes a final value fee of 9%. ($320) if just sold through paypal that's an extra $28 x4 that's $115.2 add paypal fee on top of that. and shipping 4 boxes is expensive... shipping monitors is bulky and expensive.

if a buyer with great feedback wants to do paypal invoice i jump on it. it saves us both money. and headache of dealing with ebay feedback. i made a profit of $120 total on the monitors i bought. and i bought them from ebay.

and if he was to cut me a deal and keep the stands that'd have been even better. he could just sell the stands on ebay. someone would want them. i use ergotrons on all my monitors...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k (3233C Batch)  G1.Sniper 3 sapphire 7950 reference sapphire 7950 reference 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
ares 32GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2.5" MZ-7PD256BW Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 128GB Western Digital WD1002FAEX  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
usb iomega superslim dvd Zalman CNPS12X 7 ultimate x64 SP1 ZR30w 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
u2412mb u2412mb u2412m u2412m 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
V7 D24W33 LA2405wg E157FP dell sk-8115 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
SeaSonic Platinum-860 860W ATX12V RSV-R4000 Rackmount Server Chassis TeamScorpion X-Luca xtrac ripper xxl 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 logitech c920 webcam logitech C920 Webcam serato sl1 
Other
usb 2.0 hub 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k (3233C Batch)  G1.Sniper 3 sapphire 7950 reference sapphire 7950 reference 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
ares 32GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2.5" MZ-7PD256BW Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 128GB Western Digital WD1002FAEX  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
usb iomega superslim dvd Zalman CNPS12X 7 ultimate x64 SP1 ZR30w 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
u2412mb u2412mb u2412m u2412m 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
V7 D24W33 LA2405wg E157FP dell sk-8115 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
SeaSonic Platinum-860 860W ATX12V RSV-R4000 Rackmount Server Chassis TeamScorpion X-Luca xtrac ripper xxl 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 logitech c920 webcam logitech C920 Webcam serato sl1 
Other
usb 2.0 hub 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club