Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club - Page 339

post #3381 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudz00x View Post

Just letting you know its 1080p capable that's all. Just hope your using it for 1440p though.
Well, that's missleading. Why wouldn't 1440p monitor be capable of 1080p?
A computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3 Gigabyte GTX780ti 4x4GB Kingston Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Green OCZ Vertex 4 - 128 GB Don't have Hyper 212+ EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Dell U2713HM Steelseries 6GV2 Corsair 650W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 300R Logitech G502 SS Qck Cheap 5.1 speakers/HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
A computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3 Gigabyte GTX780ti 4x4GB Kingston Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Green OCZ Vertex 4 - 128 GB Don't have Hyper 212+ EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Dell U2713HM Steelseries 6GV2 Corsair 650W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 300R Logitech G502 SS Qck Cheap 5.1 speakers/HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3382 of 6483
I just bought this monitor and I just want to say AssessoriesWhole is top notch. They are definitely one of the best sellers on the inter webs. I hope they are around for a long time.

Before I start I just want to say that I bought a Crossover 27Q model with the fixed stand. It is in almost perfect condition.

Now for the feedback:
I hope this feedback can be sent back to the manufacturer because it will make the monitor absolutely perfect.

The one flaw this monitor has is the brightness control.

It has about 17 levels or steps of brightness ranging from Blinding Bright to Bright.

I understand that most people that are buying this monitor will be using it for games and movies so they will want it bright.

However, I am using it for productivity and financial applications and frequently the windows contain white background with tiny black/grey text.

Even at the lowest brightness setting it is too bright to look at for lengthy periods of time unless you are in a bright room with sunlight. That is a serious flaw in a monitor.

My suggestion is to redo the 17 level/steps to be meaningful. The lowest brightness setting should be very dim. For example, the lowest brightness setting is equivalent to my Samsung F2380 at 88% brightness. You read that right, EIGHTY-EIGHT! That is just too bright to look at in a dim room for lengthy periods of time.

I would suggestion resetting the brightness so the monitor can become very dim like all other normal monitors.

It would also be great if a fix could be developed for current monitors. I don't mind opening up mine to replace some parts, I'd be happy to pay a little to fix this problem. And I would buy more monitors smile.gif


I hope my feedback gets back to the factory so they can fix this problem with this otherwise great monitor.
post #3383 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing235 View Post

Hi,
Still working on good news on CrossOver.
Recently I caught some sellers who copied my Korean to English translation of product description and made report to Ebay...
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusfrenkel View Post

Can you please confirm that the Brightness of 420 cd/m2 for CrossOver 27Q given in the specs on your ebay store is a mistake. Links:
1) CrossOver 27Q LED
2) CrossOver 27Q-P LED
Both models on http://crosslcd.co.kr are listed with 380 cd/m2.

To explain my point better, the image below contains the original page for CrossOver 27Q LED taken from http://crosslcd.co.kr and it's translation on the AW store on ebay. The value of 420 cd/m2 is repeated in many places on the ad.


Edited by marcusfrenkel - 11/4/12 at 3:16am
post #3384 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudz00x View Post

I'm glad you like it. It's more natural colors while still being bright and near perfect on colors. If you looked I had the Thunderbolt Profile calibrated. If you compare the difference its worlds apart. The thing is the Thunderbolt profile is as close as you'll get to what they use as the default profile. So seeing the vibrant color's from the 6500k 2.2 gamma calibrated profile is how it's suppose to look. I also tested Samsung S27B970D calibrated profile and it's very similar to thunderbolts. Just slightly brighter. So thunderbolts and Series 9 S27B970D are brighter in all aspects but don't have any depth or natural hue that your supposed to get. Again I urge anyone to do a nice comparison. Find my posts a few pages back on the review and go to the ICC profile section. You'll be glad you did.

I got to try the Apple profile, others icc profiles in this thread & some from the profile site (can't remember the name lol. tongue.gif)
Must say, there was a huge diffrence, between yours and others, what came near it was the apple and one there was calibrated in the Yamasaki screen thread, only those was a little brighter and had more a yellow tint, than yours. smile.gif
post #3385 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layo View Post

Well, that's missleading. Why wouldn't 1440p monitor be capable of 1080p?

Well only reason they market it is because 1080p is mainstream. You tell someone 1440p outside of the PC community there gonna be like ***. Remember these monitors cater to everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trada101 View Post

I just bought this monitor and I just want to say AssessoriesWhole is top notch. They are definitely one of the best sellers on the inter webs. I hope they are around for a long time.
Before I start I just want to say that I bought a Crossover 27Q model with the fixed stand. It is in almost perfect condition.
Now for the feedback:
I hope this feedback can be sent back to the manufacturer because it will make the monitor absolutely perfect.
The one flaw this monitor has is the brightness control.
It has about 17 levels or steps of brightness ranging from Blinding Bright to Bright.
I understand that most people that are buying this monitor will be using it for games and movies so they will want it bright.
However, I am using it for productivity and financial applications and frequently the windows contain white background with tiny black/grey text.
Even at the lowest brightness setting it is too bright to look at for lengthy periods of time unless you are in a bright room with sunlight. That is a serious flaw in a monitor.
My suggestion is to redo the 17 level/steps to be meaningful. The lowest brightness setting should be very dim. For example, the lowest brightness setting is equivalent to my Samsung F2380 at 88% brightness. You read that right, EIGHTY-EIGHT! That is just too bright to look at in a dim room for lengthy periods of time.
I would suggestion resetting the brightness so the monitor can become very dim like all other normal monitors.
It would also be great if a fix could be developed for current monitors. I don't mind opening up mine to replace some parts, I'd be happy to pay a little to fix this problem. And I would buy more monitors smile.gif
I hope my feedback gets back to the factory so they can fix this problem with this otherwise great monitor.

For your brightness issue it really has to also do the the Color Profile associated with your monitors. I recommend trying out my profile and you'll probably see a decrease in brightness and a more perfect color tone. Alot of people hacve alrdy been using the profile. Please scroll back and find my posts and check out my review of the CrossOver and head towards the ICC Profile Section. Hope it helps.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallengreen View Post

I got to try the Apple profile, others icc profiles in this thread & some from the profile site (can't remember the name lol. tongue.gif)
Must say, there was a huge diffrence, between yours and others, what came near it was the apple and one there was calibrated in the Yamasaki screen thread, only those was a little brighter and had more a yellow tint, than yours. smile.gif

Glad you enjoyed it. Try to get the word out and send people to my review. So they can see how the CrossOver's look and use the extras that I added.
Super Cobra 5.0
(15 items)
 
DD Torture Rack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K RAMPAGE IV EXTREME 4x Evga GeForce GTX 680 Classified 32Gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
2x Seagate 3TB Barracuda 256g Sasmung 830 Pro LG DVD Windows 7 64bit Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CrossOver 27Q LED-P Ducky Shine II Evga NEx 1500 Cosmos II 
MouseMouse PadAudio
tt esports lvl10 mouse SteelSeries SX Asus Essence STX 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 3930k 3x Evga GTX 680 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16g 1866 Segate 3TB barracuda 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 124G SSD LG Blu-Ray Dvd Burner EK Water Cooling Windows 7 Home 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CrossOver 27Q LED-P Ducky Shine II Evga NEX1500 PSU Danger Den Torture Rack 
MouseMouse PadAudio
TT eSports LVL10 SteelSeries SX Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
Super Cobra 5.0
(15 items)
 
DD Torture Rack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K RAMPAGE IV EXTREME 4x Evga GeForce GTX 680 Classified 32Gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
2x Seagate 3TB Barracuda 256g Sasmung 830 Pro LG DVD Windows 7 64bit Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CrossOver 27Q LED-P Ducky Shine II Evga NEx 1500 Cosmos II 
MouseMouse PadAudio
tt esports lvl10 mouse SteelSeries SX Asus Essence STX 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 3930k 3x Evga GTX 680 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16g 1866 Segate 3TB barracuda 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 124G SSD LG Blu-Ray Dvd Burner EK Water Cooling Windows 7 Home 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CrossOver 27Q LED-P Ducky Shine II Evga NEX1500 PSU Danger Den Torture Rack 
MouseMouse PadAudio
TT eSports LVL10 SteelSeries SX Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3386 of 6483
Ok, right. The 1080p could also be usefull when some employee opens the box to count the tax, with 1440p and basic knowledge they would probably value it at $800+ right away.
A computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3 Gigabyte GTX780ti 4x4GB Kingston Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Green OCZ Vertex 4 - 128 GB Don't have Hyper 212+ EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Dell U2713HM Steelseries 6GV2 Corsair 650W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 300R Logitech G502 SS Qck Cheap 5.1 speakers/HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
A computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3 Gigabyte GTX780ti 4x4GB Kingston Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Green OCZ Vertex 4 - 128 GB Don't have Hyper 212+ EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Dell U2713HM Steelseries 6GV2 Corsair 650W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 300R Logitech G502 SS Qck Cheap 5.1 speakers/HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3387 of 6483
1080p with PS3?
is it possible?

I can only get 720p displaying, and only show black screen on 1080p
post #3388 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by doe3879 View Post

1080p with PS3?
is it possible?
I can only get 720p displaying, and only show black screen on 1080p

Depends on which game you are playing, Usually, its written on the back cover of the PS3 games.

My Blu-Ray Movies play at 1080p with the Ps3.
Other Example! (Click to show)


Quad Damage
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4930k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme (Koolance Full WB) 2 x GTX 1080ti FE in SLI (EK WATERBLOCK) Corsair Dominator GT 2133 MHz (16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3 TB Seagate OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Crucial M4 128GB ADATA SX900 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RIVE Koolance Waterblock (VRM and PCH) Feser X-Changer 360 Feser X-Changer 240 Feser X-Changer 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
WaterCool MoRA3 Pro with Gentle Typhoon 3 x MCP 655 pumps (With EK top...all serial) 2 x EK FC 1080ti Blocks Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q (3440x1440 @100hz) CrossOver 27Q Led-P Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNova 1600T2 (Titanium) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Heavily Modded Logitech G700 RocketFish Speed/Control M-audio AV-40 (Logitech G-35) 
  hide details  
Reply
Quad Damage
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4930k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme (Koolance Full WB) 2 x GTX 1080ti FE in SLI (EK WATERBLOCK) Corsair Dominator GT 2133 MHz (16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3 TB Seagate OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Crucial M4 128GB ADATA SX900 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RIVE Koolance Waterblock (VRM and PCH) Feser X-Changer 360 Feser X-Changer 240 Feser X-Changer 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
WaterCool MoRA3 Pro with Gentle Typhoon 3 x MCP 655 pumps (With EK top...all serial) 2 x EK FC 1080ti Blocks Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q (3440x1440 @100hz) CrossOver 27Q Led-P Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNova 1600T2 (Titanium) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Heavily Modded Logitech G700 RocketFish Speed/Control M-audio AV-40 (Logitech G-35) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3389 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudz00x View Post

For your brightness issue it really has to also do the the Color Profile associated with your monitors. I recommend trying out my profile and you'll probably see a decrease in brightness and a more perfect color tone. Alot of people hacve alrdy been using the profile. Please scroll back and find my posts and check out my review of the CrossOver and head towards the ICC Profile Section. Hope it helps.
Glad you enjoyed it. Try to get the word out and send people to my review. So they can see how the CrossOver's look and use the extras that I added.
It's a lot different than the profile in the 1st post of this thread.
post #3390 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehpsyc View Post

Swapping PCBs in this monitor is pretty trivial. The back panel is just held on but about a dozen screws and can be easily removed to access the PCBs. There are 3 total, one which has the power buttons and brightness control inputs, one that controls the LED brightness and is connected to the LCD LEDs, and the primary PCB which is connected to everything and has the DVI and power inputs on it.
Reading over your post, I would guess its an issue with the main PCB, not the LED PCB that everyone here is replacing and dealing with. While I haven't personally replaced mine, I don't think it'd be any more difficult. Just know though that all the people doing PCB replacements are doing it on the daughterboard PCB that controls the LED, not the motherboard PCB which I'd suspect is the source of your problems.
Sorry to reply on a 4 weeks old post.

In the meantime i picked up the crossover from post 18306146 from my friend.
I tried it with several pc's, several videocards, with the power supply of my yamakasi, with my dvi-d cable that i use on my yamakasi...none of it makes much difference yet, screen is just all red lines, from the moment the pc boots(bios) until it shuts down.

Who is the best to contact to buy seperate pcb boards from?
Extremepc
(18 items)
 
The Duke
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 2600 Asus P8P67 deluxe Asus GTX 570 Kingston DDR3 16 gb (4x4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Revodrive x2 240 ST31500341 ST32000641AS HD103UJ 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
BH10LS30 Scythe mugen 2 Windows 7 Ultimate Yamakasi Q270 SE 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 2443 BW Logitech K800 Coolermaster 850 watt  Coolermaster Haf-x 
MouseOther
Logitech performance mx 2 x hauppauge HVR 2200 tuner card 
  hide details  
Reply
Extremepc
(18 items)
 
The Duke
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 2600 Asus P8P67 deluxe Asus GTX 570 Kingston DDR3 16 gb (4x4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Revodrive x2 240 ST31500341 ST32000641AS HD103UJ 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
BH10LS30 Scythe mugen 2 Windows 7 Ultimate Yamakasi Q270 SE 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 2443 BW Logitech K800 Coolermaster 850 watt  Coolermaster Haf-x 
MouseOther
Logitech performance mx 2 x hauppauge HVR 2200 tuner card 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club