Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club - Page 370

post #3691 of 6483
Sounds like you can't get into the BIOS on some 5870 cards:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1232496/crossover-27q-led-led-p-27m-led-2720mdp-gold-led-monitor-club/680#post_16998259
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3692 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

Sounds like you can't get into the BIOS on some 5870 cards:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1232496/crossover-27q-led-led-p-27m-led-2720mdp-gold-led-monitor-club/680#post_16998259

hmmm, I suppose if I ever really needed to get into the BIOS I could plug in another monitor
post #3693 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbsy View Post

hmmm, I suppose if I ever really needed to get into the BIOS I could plug in another monitor

I think you'll be fine. I'm using an NVidia GTX 88000 and that's nowhere on the list either =).
post #3694 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by user33 View Post

I did a little research online and found some helpful information, that I thought might also be helpful to the members:
from http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3255753 :
From http://www.techspot.com/review/523-ivy-bridge-intel-core-i7-3770k/page2.html :
I will test the DVI connection on HD 4000 first once I received the monitors, some posters on dpreview said that the DVI port of HD 4000 does not support Dual-Link DVI, others said it does, so I just had to test it myself, I guess.
At least one good news from the above quotes is that the DP of HD 4000 will support the full 2560x1440, but I still hope that the DVI port of HD 4000 would also support Dual-Link DVI.
I would appreciate if anyone with Ivy Bridge CPU setup would comment on the above speculations.

UPDATE:

My further research indicates that the HD4000 is a no go.

I ordered this card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130788 to drive the 2 27q-led-p monitors, problem solved.
post #3695 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by rck1984 View Post

Received my Crossover 27Q LED today from Red-cap.
What can i say?! The picture is truly amazing, real stunning! Zero dead or stuck pixels and minimum back-light bleeding.
My girlfriend is getting her 27 inch iMac as soon as it releases. Looking forward to see the two next to each other, i doubt the A+ screens from Apple have even better picture then these.
One small con though.. The metal of the upper right corner is a little bend, probably happened while shipping. But if i dont tell, people wont even notice.
Oh, and i don't know yet if i have the green or the blue PCB. I tried looking trough the backside, but i cant see anything. There is some kind off foam in the way.
Ill see if i can disassemble it later on, to check what colour PCB i have.
Very happy with my purchase, worth every penny!


They look the same as the apple screen. The only problem with these screens are you might get a few stuck pixel after a while or its there but you cant tell. I had mine and after an hour i had 12 stuck pixel and 4 dead pixel which was there from the beginning after testing that is. Or you can be one of the lucky ones. They are very good screens but in the long run you might get a few problems with the pcb dies after few months or backlight and when the 1 year is up they wont send you one for free you will have to buy one off them that's if they sell it or have stock left for that model. But if you don't care about the long run then its fine getting these screens. I will be getting the new dell 27 model since there not that much if you compare the perfect pixel ones sell for £280 to £320 and you can get the dell for around £450 to £500 now that's like adding another £170 or something like that but you will get a peace of mind in the long run if something was to go wrong. Try this link to see if you have any stuck pixel or dead pixel you will have to be very close to see if you have any stuck or dead pixel

http://jasonfarrell.com/misc/deadpixeltest.php
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
Arcade Rig
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer Waiting for new cards Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair H105 Windows 7 Ultimate DELL U2713HM  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Wireless Keyboard EVGA G2 850W Custom Parvum S2.0 Logitech Performance Mouse MX 
AudioAudio
Yamaha RX-A810 Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series 3 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i5 3470 ASUS P8H77-I Samsung Green DDR3 8GB 1866MHz Crucial M4 64GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Green 3TB  WD Green 3TB  WD Green 3TB  Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7  Cooler Master V450S Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K ASUS Maximus V GENE MSI GTX 970 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 16GB 1866MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB HGST Ultrastar 2TB Noctua NH-D9L Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
DELL U2713HM  EVGA Supernova G2 550W AvP Hyperion EV33B 2 x Custom Arcade Stick  
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
Arcade Rig
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer Waiting for new cards Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair H105 Windows 7 Ultimate DELL U2713HM  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Wireless Keyboard EVGA G2 850W Custom Parvum S2.0 Logitech Performance Mouse MX 
AudioAudio
Yamaha RX-A810 Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series 3 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i5 3470 ASUS P8H77-I Samsung Green DDR3 8GB 1866MHz Crucial M4 64GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Green 3TB  WD Green 3TB  WD Green 3TB  Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7  Cooler Master V450S Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K ASUS Maximus V GENE MSI GTX 970 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 16GB 1866MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB HGST Ultrastar 2TB Noctua NH-D9L Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
DELL U2713HM  EVGA Supernova G2 550W AvP Hyperion EV33B 2 x Custom Arcade Stick  
  hide details  
Reply
post #3696 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKay View Post

They look the same as the apple screen. The only problem with these screens are you might get a few stuck pixel after a while or its there but you cant tell. I had mine and after an hour i had 12 stuck pixel and 4 dead pixel which was there from the beginning after testing that is. Or you can be one of the lucky ones. They are very good screens but in the long run you might get a few problems with the pcb dies after few months or backlight and when the 1 year is up they wont send you one for free you will have to buy one off them that's if they sell it or have stock left for that model. But if you don't care about the long run then its fine getting these screens. I will be getting the new dell 27 model since there not that much if you compare the perfect pixel ones sell for £280 to £320 and you can get the dell for around £450 to £500 now that's like adding another £170 or something like that but you will get a peace of mind in the long run if something was to go wrong. Try this link to see if you have any stuck pixel or dead pixel you will have to be very close to see if you have any stuck or dead pixel
http://jasonfarrell.com/misc/deadpixeltest.php

I did run that "test" before, not a single stuck/dead pixel i can find.
I have to say i ordered a pixel perfect one though.

I do, however have some back-light bleeding but its minimal, only in the upper left corner there is some bleeding visible, but not much at all.
I have heard of Apple and Dell screens that had bleeding issues. Bleeding is part of these screens, not much you can do about it. Every screen will eventually have some, but some more then other.
It doesn't bother me, i mean... What can you complain about, paying 400$ for a screen usually worth 3 times as much.

I have read about the PCB/MOSFET overheating on blue PCB's. I already contacted Red-cap about it and he will provide me a new PCB if needed.
Heck, I haven't had the time to check if i even have the new green PCB, or still the blue "faulty" one. I will take a look at it tomorrow.

I am very satisfied until now, zero dead/stuck pixels, minimal back-light bleeding and my adapter isn't getting crazy warm at all unlike others.
Titanium Red
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k @ 4.7Ghz Asus Maximus Hero VIII EVGA GTX 980Ti Superclocked + EK Titan-X waterb... 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 (2666) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1TB Seagate Barracuda  EK Supremacy MX Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 27Q 1440p Corsair Strafe Super Flower Leadex 850W Corsair Carbide Air 540 
MouseAudioOther
EVGA Torq X10 Asus Xonar Essence STX Sennheiser HD600 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Titanium Red
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k @ 4.7Ghz Asus Maximus Hero VIII EVGA GTX 980Ti Superclocked + EK Titan-X waterb... 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 (2666) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1TB Seagate Barracuda  EK Supremacy MX Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 27Q 1440p Corsair Strafe Super Flower Leadex 850W Corsair Carbide Air 540 
MouseAudioOther
EVGA Torq X10 Asus Xonar Essence STX Sennheiser HD600 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3697 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by rck1984 View Post

I did run that "test" before, not a single stuck/dead pixel i can find.
I have to say i ordered a pixel perfect one though.
I do, however have some back-light bleeding but its minimal, only in the upper left corner there is some bleeding visible, but not much at all.
I have heard of Apple and Dell screens that had bleeding issues. Bleeding is part of these screens, not much you can do about it. Every screen will eventually have some, but some more then other.
It doesn't bother me, i mean... What can you complain about, paying 400$ for a screen usually worth 3 times as much.
I have read about the PCB/MOSFET overheating on blue PCB's. I already contacted Red-cap about it and he will provide me a new PCB if needed.
Heck, I haven't had the time to check if i even have the new green PCB, or still the blue "faulty" one. I will take a look at it tomorrow.
I am very satisfied until now, zero dead/stuck pixels, minimal back-light bleeding and my adapter isn't getting crazy warm at all unlike others.

Yeah all of these ips display like apple,dell,hp has back-light bleeding so that's just normal and some has more then others. Apart from that they are very good display and i loved mine when i had it. It's a shame i had to send my one back and they gave me a refund and not a replacement. I love a glossy display then a matte screen etc. Your right about $400 you really can't complain about that. Hope your one last long and never has any problems. Also download the ICC profile of Cloudz00x His profile is the best check it out its a few page back
Edited by FlyingSolo - 11/29/12 at 5:45pm
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
Arcade Rig
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer Waiting for new cards Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair H105 Windows 7 Ultimate DELL U2713HM  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Wireless Keyboard EVGA G2 850W Custom Parvum S2.0 Logitech Performance Mouse MX 
AudioAudio
Yamaha RX-A810 Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series 3 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i5 3470 ASUS P8H77-I Samsung Green DDR3 8GB 1866MHz Crucial M4 64GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Green 3TB  WD Green 3TB  WD Green 3TB  Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7  Cooler Master V450S Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K ASUS Maximus V GENE MSI GTX 970 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 16GB 1866MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB HGST Ultrastar 2TB Noctua NH-D9L Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
DELL U2713HM  EVGA Supernova G2 550W AvP Hyperion EV33B 2 x Custom Arcade Stick  
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
Arcade Rig
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer Waiting for new cards Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair H105 Windows 7 Ultimate DELL U2713HM  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Wireless Keyboard EVGA G2 850W Custom Parvum S2.0 Logitech Performance Mouse MX 
AudioAudio
Yamaha RX-A810 Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series 3 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i5 3470 ASUS P8H77-I Samsung Green DDR3 8GB 1866MHz Crucial M4 64GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Green 3TB  WD Green 3TB  WD Green 3TB  Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7  Cooler Master V450S Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K ASUS Maximus V GENE MSI GTX 970 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 16GB 1866MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB HGST Ultrastar 2TB Noctua NH-D9L Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
DELL U2713HM  EVGA Supernova G2 550W AvP Hyperion EV33B 2 x Custom Arcade Stick  
  hide details  
Reply
post #3698 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKay View Post

Yeah all of these ips display like apple,dell,hp has back-light bleeding so that's just normal and some has more then others. Apart from that they are very good display and i loved mine when i had it. It's a shame i had to send my one back and they gave me a refund and not a replacement. I love a glossy display then a matte screen etc. Your right about $400 you really can't complain about that. Hope your one last long and never has any problems. Also download the ICC profile of Cloudz00x His profile is the best check it out its a few page back

Had that profile running already thumb.gif Thanks for the heads up!
Titanium Red
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k @ 4.7Ghz Asus Maximus Hero VIII EVGA GTX 980Ti Superclocked + EK Titan-X waterb... 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 (2666) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1TB Seagate Barracuda  EK Supremacy MX Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 27Q 1440p Corsair Strafe Super Flower Leadex 850W Corsair Carbide Air 540 
MouseAudioOther
EVGA Torq X10 Asus Xonar Essence STX Sennheiser HD600 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Titanium Red
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k @ 4.7Ghz Asus Maximus Hero VIII EVGA GTX 980Ti Superclocked + EK Titan-X waterb... 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 (2666) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1TB Seagate Barracuda  EK Supremacy MX Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 27Q 1440p Corsair Strafe Super Flower Leadex 850W Corsair Carbide Air 540 
MouseAudioOther
EVGA Torq X10 Asus Xonar Essence STX Sennheiser HD600 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3699 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by rck1984 View Post

Had that profile running already thumb.gif Thanks for the heads up!

No problem. Check out skyrim with mods it looks amazing. I have to wait till next month before i can buy the dell u2713hm hope its not that bad with the ag coating and it looks good like the glossy screen crossover
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
Arcade Rig
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer Waiting for new cards Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair H105 Windows 7 Ultimate DELL U2713HM  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Wireless Keyboard EVGA G2 850W Custom Parvum S2.0 Logitech Performance Mouse MX 
AudioAudio
Yamaha RX-A810 Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series 3 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i5 3470 ASUS P8H77-I Samsung Green DDR3 8GB 1866MHz Crucial M4 64GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Green 3TB  WD Green 3TB  WD Green 3TB  Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7  Cooler Master V450S Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K ASUS Maximus V GENE MSI GTX 970 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 16GB 1866MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB HGST Ultrastar 2TB Noctua NH-D9L Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
DELL U2713HM  EVGA Supernova G2 550W AvP Hyperion EV33B 2 x Custom Arcade Stick  
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
Arcade Rig
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer Waiting for new cards Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair H105 Windows 7 Ultimate DELL U2713HM  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Wireless Keyboard EVGA G2 850W Custom Parvum S2.0 Logitech Performance Mouse MX 
AudioAudio
Yamaha RX-A810 Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series 3 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i5 3470 ASUS P8H77-I Samsung Green DDR3 8GB 1866MHz Crucial M4 64GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Green 3TB  WD Green 3TB  WD Green 3TB  Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7  Cooler Master V450S Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K ASUS Maximus V GENE MSI GTX 970 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 16GB 1866MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB HGST Ultrastar 2TB Noctua NH-D9L Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
DELL U2713HM  EVGA Supernova G2 550W AvP Hyperion EV33B 2 x Custom Arcade Stick  
  hide details  
Reply
post #3700 of 6483


Do any of you guys know what this is or how to fix it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club