Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club - Page 451

post #4501 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickCrowely View Post

That's not true..... Not when it comes to maxing out a game


A test I did before I sold my 2GB 670's after seeing TTL max out a 7950 with 3GB (PLS excuse quality)
]

it is true, very true. every benchmark site has proved it. just go look at the nvidia graphics card section in this forum. All you need is 2gb on current gen cards, unless you are running 1440p surround then you need 4. You don't even need 4 for 1080p surround unless you are using some insane texture mods in games. IN fact we have talked about this in this thread and every other korean thread. 2gb is ENOUGH, more than enough on current gen cards with a single 1440p monitor. The current gen cards DO NOT have enough raw horsepower to take advantage of bigger ram for a single monitor. At the end of the day more card power > ram.

also to set the record straight. you can play games at 1440p with less than a 7 series amd or 6 series nvidia. please don't tell people they can't. You just have to sacrifice on graphics for some games but YOU can use any card in last 2-3 generations, you're just going to have a bad time.
Edited by Descadent - 1/17/13 at 5:34am
post #4502 of 6483
I can tell you modded Skyrim takes nearly 3Gb vRAM (~2.4 with ENB and no AA, ~2.8 with ENB and 4x AMSAA, ugrids @ 7) on my 7970 at 1680 x 1050. I personally purchase my video card for worse-case scenarios, and in my worst case more than 2Gb is required.
post #4503 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descadent View Post

it is true, very true. every benchmark site has proved it. just go look at the nvidia graphics card section in this forum. All you need is 2gb on current gen cards, unless you are running 1440p surround then you need 4. You don't even need 4 for 1080p surround unless you are using some insane texture mods in games. IN fact we have talked about this in this thread and every other korean thread. 2gb is ENOUGH, more than enough on current gen cards with a single 1440p monitor. The current gen cards DO NOT have enough raw horsepower to take advantage of bigger ram for a single monitor. At the end of the day more card power > ram.

also to set the record straight. you can play games at 1440p with less than a 7 series amd or 6 series nvidia. please don't tell people they can't. You just have to sacrifice on graphics for some games but YOU can use any card in last 2-3 generations, you're just going to have a bad time.

Hey bud, wanna do a 7680x1440 Heaven Bench.

I'll do the same with two 7970s.
Quad Damage
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4930k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme (Koolance Full WB) 2 x GTX 1080ti FE in SLI (EK WATERBLOCK) Corsair Dominator GT 2133 MHz (16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3 TB Seagate OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Crucial M4 128GB ADATA SX900 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RIVE Koolance Waterblock (VRM and PCH) Feser X-Changer 360 Feser X-Changer 240 Feser X-Changer 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
WaterCool MoRA3 Pro with Gentle Typhoon 3 x MCP 655 pumps (With EK top...all serial) 2 x EK FC 1080ti Blocks Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q (3440x1440 @100hz) CrossOver 27Q Led-P Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNova 1600T2 (Titanium) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Heavily Modded Logitech G700 RocketFish Speed/Control M-audio AV-40 (Logitech G-35) 
  hide details  
Reply
Quad Damage
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4930k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme (Koolance Full WB) 2 x GTX 1080ti FE in SLI (EK WATERBLOCK) Corsair Dominator GT 2133 MHz (16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3 TB Seagate OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Crucial M4 128GB ADATA SX900 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RIVE Koolance Waterblock (VRM and PCH) Feser X-Changer 360 Feser X-Changer 240 Feser X-Changer 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
WaterCool MoRA3 Pro with Gentle Typhoon 3 x MCP 655 pumps (With EK top...all serial) 2 x EK FC 1080ti Blocks Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q (3440x1440 @100hz) CrossOver 27Q Led-P Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNova 1600T2 (Titanium) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Heavily Modded Logitech G700 RocketFish Speed/Control M-audio AV-40 (Logitech G-35) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4504 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaRLiToS View Post

Hey bud, wanna do a 7680x1440 Heaven Bench.

I'll do the same with two 7970s.

you tried to get me to do that before tongue.gif. Heaven crashes while running benchmarks in win 8, runs fine as long as I don't hit benchmark button.
post #4505 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descadent View Post

you tried to get me to do that before tongue.gif. Heaven crashes while running benchmarks in win 8, runs fine as long as I don't hit benchmark button.

Oh yeah I remember doh.gif my mistake bud.

We can run any benchmarks, pick one if you want to test this up.
Quad Damage
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4930k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme (Koolance Full WB) 2 x GTX 1080ti FE in SLI (EK WATERBLOCK) Corsair Dominator GT 2133 MHz (16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3 TB Seagate OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Crucial M4 128GB ADATA SX900 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RIVE Koolance Waterblock (VRM and PCH) Feser X-Changer 360 Feser X-Changer 240 Feser X-Changer 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
WaterCool MoRA3 Pro with Gentle Typhoon 3 x MCP 655 pumps (With EK top...all serial) 2 x EK FC 1080ti Blocks Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q (3440x1440 @100hz) CrossOver 27Q Led-P Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNova 1600T2 (Titanium) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Heavily Modded Logitech G700 RocketFish Speed/Control M-audio AV-40 (Logitech G-35) 
  hide details  
Reply
Quad Damage
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4930k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme (Koolance Full WB) 2 x GTX 1080ti FE in SLI (EK WATERBLOCK) Corsair Dominator GT 2133 MHz (16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3 TB Seagate OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Crucial M4 128GB ADATA SX900 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RIVE Koolance Waterblock (VRM and PCH) Feser X-Changer 360 Feser X-Changer 240 Feser X-Changer 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
WaterCool MoRA3 Pro with Gentle Typhoon 3 x MCP 655 pumps (With EK top...all serial) 2 x EK FC 1080ti Blocks Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q (3440x1440 @100hz) CrossOver 27Q Led-P Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNova 1600T2 (Titanium) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Heavily Modded Logitech G700 RocketFish Speed/Control M-audio AV-40 (Logitech G-35) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4506 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descadent View Post

it is true, very true. every benchmark site has proved it. just go look at the nvidia graphics card section in this forum. All you need is 2gb on current gen cards, unless you are running 1440p surround then you need 4. You don't even need 4 for 1080p surround unless you are using some insane texture mods in games. IN fact we have talked about this in this thread and every other korean thread. 2gb is ENOUGH, more than enough on current gen cards with a single 1440p monitor. The current gen cards DO NOT have enough raw horsepower to take advantage of bigger ram for a single monitor. At the end of the day more card power > ram.

also to set the record straight. you can play games at 1440p with less than a 7 series amd or 6 series nvidia. please don't tell people they can't. You just have to sacrifice on graphics for some games but YOU can use any card in last 2-3 generations, you're just going to have a bad time.

Really don't care what site proved what. My 2GB cards tanked @1440P playing sleeping dogs just about every time if everything was turned up. I'm going on my own exp. Not what some reviewer says....
 
"MSI GT70"
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4700MQ NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780M 32GB 1600MHz 128GB SSD Triple Raid 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB SSD 128GB SSD 1TB  Blueray 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Professional  17: 1920x1080 
  hide details  
Reply
 
"MSI GT70"
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4700MQ NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780M 32GB 1600MHz 128GB SSD Triple Raid 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB SSD 128GB SSD 1TB  Blueray 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Professional  17: 1920x1080 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4507 of 6483
i don't have anything else, other than batman and sleeping dogs in game bench.
post #4508 of 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickCrowely View Post

Really don't care what site proved what. My 2GB cards tanked @1440P playing sleeping dogs just about every time if everything was turned up. I'm going on my own exp. Not what some reviewer says....

it's not "some reviewer" it's members of this forum, professional benchmarkers etc . You tanked because you need more horsepower on the actual card. This has been proven over and over and over. Bigger vram does nothing if you don't have the actual horsepower on the card through a bigger memory interface to even take advantage of more vram. It's how video cards work. You could have all the vram in the world, but if you don't have the raw power then, you're going to hit that performance limit regardless.

I run 4gb because I am running 1440p surround, that's a different story, but trust me I still more power. I have never seen a game take up more than 3gb on my setup anyways, even bf3 and bf3 eats vram because you have it for no reason. ALOT of games eat vram for no reason just because it's there. Textures mods and such ie: skyrim, yeah you need more vram for sure, but your performance will only be as good as the card can do still.
Edited by Descadent - 1/17/13 at 8:34am
post #4509 of 6483
First post on overclock.net. Just here to say I've purchased 3 of the Crossover LED-P.

Have to say these monitors are unbelievable, so well worth taking the risk (so far no trouble). I was sweating a bit with fingers crossed when setting them up to check the pixels. However, there are no dead or stuck pixels, none at all. Checked them thoroughly and used a 50% grey background. Lots of things that looked like dodgy pixels were actually dust, most blew off but some needed a little screen wipe. Dust settles very quickly on these things.

I'm running these on 2x ATI 4770s just now, which I know to you guys is disgraceful, so no crossfire possible, but that's not an issue to me as these are for workflow in 3D MAX / Photoshop / After Effects / Davinci Resolve, rather than gaming. Next upgrade will be to an Nvidia but waiting on the Nvidia 700 series coming in March/April hopefully. Maybe one day I'll have this running in Nvidia Surround and then I can join the club :-)

The seller I bought from was AccessoriesWhole on ebay. He has the best rep as far as I can see. I did not pay the premium for "pixel perfect" monitors as it doesn't seem to make much difference, so could have easily had dead/stuck pixels (up to 3). Great service as well. They checked that the PCB was the latest green one and also got the monitor to me in 4 days (to the UK).

The panel is not super reflective as I was expecting. It does have a reflection but nowhere near as bad as a mirror like reflection.

As a side note I went round and saw a Dell 2412 a few days ago and it had awful backlight bleed, plus a ****ty anti glare coating that I really could never stand, unless you like looking at everything with a film grain effect. So if you are worrying about the QC on these, then take a look at the QC on Apple and Dell, it aint much better

If you are on the fence about these monitors definitely consider picking one or two or three up. This is near enough an Apple (no anti glare) 27inch H-IPS for £260. They are so good I almost cried. I was watching the 2560x1440 Timescapes film: http://timescapes.org/ and was just amazed.
Edited by arknox - 1/17/13 at 11:38am
post #4510 of 6483
I also wanted to contribute to this thread, as I recently made the purchase and was helped by other contributors to this thread. I purchased one Crossover 27Q-LED from BigClothCraft for $370 including shipping. Experience with them was painless - they communicated well and responded fairly quickly. I ordered it on Sunday and would have got it Friday if not for weather delay (let's not get into that...)

Monitor arrived packaged very well, no damage to the box whatsoever. It came with a dual-link DVI cable, power brick with Korean cord, and a power adapter. I ended up not using the adapter and chose to use an extra power cord I had instead.

The monitor itself is awesome! I did not purchase a perfect pixel model, but I believe I got one. I spent about 30 seconds looking for dead pixels on a solid red/green/blue/black screen. I couldn't find any, and figured there was no sense in spending more time finding one if I happened to miss it. There IS very minimal backlight bleed in the bottom right corner. By minimal I mean it is definitely noticeable, but ONLY when the screen is completely black. The only time I ever actually see this is while a program is loading, for example in a video game when it is loading the next level or something. Whenever anything is actually displayed on the screen I don't notice a thing. Do not read too much into this - I was more worried about backlight bleed than anything else, ended up receiving one that had it, and I can honestly say that I never notice it and am completely fine with it being there. I understand that this is on most monitors anyway, including those from Dell and Apple.

Overall I am very pleased with my purchase. I am glad I went with the Crossover because it has a thin, sturdy, and attractive bezel compared to the others. I originally was planning on getting a second one immediately, if the first one worked out well. However, I don't think I am going to do that now because I really don't need it. I mounted this on the wall and am now using one of my old 22" monitors this replaced in vertical orientation to the right of the Crossover. This is working surprisingly well and gives me all the screen real estate I need/want for the time being. Also, it seems like prices on these things will continue to come down over the next couple of years. We are already seeing new units hit the market in the US, putting price pressure on the likes of Dell and Apple. I have wanted a 1440p monitor for over 5 years, but could never justify the expense. For $370, it was an easy decision.

And for those wondering about whether or not their computer will be able to handle games played at 1440p, let me share my experience. Like many others, I was worried my system would not be able to handle 1440p and I would have to lower detail settings or worse, use a non-native resolution. My system is powerful by most people's standards but somewhat lame by enthusiast standards - a 768mb GTX 460 paired with an Athlon II X4 3.5GHz. The only games I play are Starcraft II and Diablo III, but I am able to play both fluidly at 1440p on the highest detail settings WITH AA and anisotropic filtering enabled. I will say that in Diablo I turned off the "smooth shadows" option. The monitor really makes them look amazing! I know this information is rather limited because I don't really game all that much, but I hope it helps someone.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › CrossOver 27Q LED/LED-P, 27M LED, & 2720MDP GOLD LED Monitor Club