Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net BOINC Team › BOINCers Gone Bonkers 17 - April 3rd-5th 2012 *OVER*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BOINCers Gone Bonkers 17 - April 3rd-5th 2012 *OVER* - Page 7

post #61 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpak12 View Post

I believe only Nvidia cards require the monitor trick, but don't quote me on that...
In Afterburner, you should be able to see the second card if you open the Settings window (under the General tab).

Thanks it did show up this time guess it had to restart the pc a third time (:

But still it shows only 1 gpu in work according to boinc!

240
Edited by MiyukiChan - 3/25/12 at 2:26pm
(^ ^)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 SABERTOOTH 990FX Radeon HD 6870 Radeon HD 6870 
RAMHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB KIT Seagate @ 7600 RPM Corsair H100 Logitech G19 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair Carbide 500R Midi Tower Logitech MX518 Pink Steelseries 
AudioOther
Audigy Platinum 2 ZS Steelseries Siberia V2 
  hide details  
Reply
(^ ^)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 SABERTOOTH 990FX Radeon HD 6870 Radeon HD 6870 
RAMHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB KIT Seagate @ 7600 RPM Corsair H100 Logitech G19 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair Carbide 500R Midi Tower Logitech MX518 Pink Steelseries 
AudioOther
Audigy Platinum 2 ZS Steelseries Siberia V2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiyukiChan View Post

Thanks it did show up this time guess it had to restart the pc a third time (:

But still it shows only 1 gpu in work according to boinc!

240

What project are you running it on? It seems that Milkyway@Home doesn't support the 4670. frown.gif

http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/forum_thread.php?id=2457#49250

EDIT: I see that you've editted your post and that you're running Moo. Apparently the 4670 only have "beta" level support for AMD's OpenCL implementation, so you may be out of luck with that card.
Edited by jetpak12 - 3/25/12 at 2:34pm
post #63 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpak12 View Post

What project are you running it on? It seems that Milkyway@Home doesn't support the 4670. frown.gif
http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/forum_thread.php?id=2457#49250
EDIT: I see that you've editted your post and that you're running Moo. Apparently the 4670 only have "beta" level support for AMD's OpenCL implementation, so you may be out of luck with that card.

oh well but it has to do some good since afterburner tell me it's having a usage of 99% and boinc is the only thing running while my main 6850 is down to 0% *confusion*

edit - now there both back up to 99%
Edited by MiyukiChan - 3/25/12 at 2:48pm
(^ ^)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 SABERTOOTH 990FX Radeon HD 6870 Radeon HD 6870 
RAMHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB KIT Seagate @ 7600 RPM Corsair H100 Logitech G19 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair Carbide 500R Midi Tower Logitech MX518 Pink Steelseries 
AudioOther
Audigy Platinum 2 ZS Steelseries Siberia V2 
  hide details  
Reply
(^ ^)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 SABERTOOTH 990FX Radeon HD 6870 Radeon HD 6870 
RAMHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB KIT Seagate @ 7600 RPM Corsair H100 Logitech G19 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair Carbide 500R Midi Tower Logitech MX518 Pink Steelseries 
AudioOther
Audigy Platinum 2 ZS Steelseries Siberia V2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 392
Ok, after going somewhat quickly through the Moo project forum, it sounds like the BOINC project by default just grabs up all available cards in a category (either ATI or Nvidia). So, a project that is set to use ATI GPUs will use all ATI GPUs.

However, according to the Moo forums, the work gets divided equally between the number of GPUs, so if one is much faster than the other, that one will finish faster and sit idle while the other one works on.

Therefore, it may actually be a detriment to add the 4670 to your system unfortunately. One thing you can try is modifying a file to split different tasks to different GPUs, but I have no idea how to do this, only that is should be possible.

Info here and here.

If you can, you may want to see how fast WUs are being completed with either both or just one card, and see if you really are getting an improvement with the second card.
post #65 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpak12 View Post

Ok, after going somewhat quickly through the Moo project forum, it sounds like the BOINC project by default just grabs up all available cards in a category (either ATI or Nvidia). So, a project that is set to use ATI GPUs will use all ATI GPUs.
However, according to the Moo forums, the work gets divided equally between the number of GPUs, so if one is much faster than the other, that one will finish faster and sit idle while the other one works on.
Therefore, it may actually be a detriment to add the 4670 to your system unfortunately. One thing you can try is modifying a file to split different tasks to different GPUs, but I have no idea how to do this, only that is should be possible.
Info here and here.
If you can, you may want to see how fast WUs are being completed with either both or just one card, and see if you really are getting an improvement with the second card.

Thanks but it seem's to much of an headache to me i'll just let it sit as it is.
I know that atleast i'm contributing somewhat and i'm guessing it should be ok if i oc the 4670 to a comparable clock speed?

(since 4670 = 800)
(downclock my 6850 = 800)

the memory clock shouldn't matter all to much?
(^ ^)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 SABERTOOTH 990FX Radeon HD 6870 Radeon HD 6870 
RAMHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB KIT Seagate @ 7600 RPM Corsair H100 Logitech G19 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair Carbide 500R Midi Tower Logitech MX518 Pink Steelseries 
AudioOther
Audigy Platinum 2 ZS Steelseries Siberia V2 
  hide details  
Reply
(^ ^)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 SABERTOOTH 990FX Radeon HD 6870 Radeon HD 6870 
RAMHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB KIT Seagate @ 7600 RPM Corsair H100 Logitech G19 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair Carbide 500R Midi Tower Logitech MX518 Pink Steelseries 
AudioOther
Audigy Platinum 2 ZS Steelseries Siberia V2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 392
I'm not sure underclocking the 6850 will "help", since it contains 960 shaders, while the 4670 has only 320. I think your best option is just to OC the 4670 as much as you can and let it be. At the very least, while the 6850 is idling, it shouldn't be consuming much power.

And, as far as I know, memory clock doesn't matter, but it may vary by project.
post #67 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpak12 View Post

I'm not sure underclocking the 6850 will "help", since it contains 960 shaders, while the 4670 has only 320. I think your best option is just to OC the 4670 as much as you can and let it be. At the very least, while the 6850 is idling, it shouldn't be consuming much power.
And, as far as I know, memory clock doesn't matter, but it may vary by project.

Thank you
(^ ^)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 SABERTOOTH 990FX Radeon HD 6870 Radeon HD 6870 
RAMHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB KIT Seagate @ 7600 RPM Corsair H100 Logitech G19 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair Carbide 500R Midi Tower Logitech MX518 Pink Steelseries 
AudioOther
Audigy Platinum 2 ZS Steelseries Siberia V2 
  hide details  
Reply
(^ ^)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 SABERTOOTH 990FX Radeon HD 6870 Radeon HD 6870 
RAMHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB KIT Seagate @ 7600 RPM Corsair H100 Logitech G19 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair Carbide 500R Midi Tower Logitech MX518 Pink Steelseries 
AudioOther
Audigy Platinum 2 ZS Steelseries Siberia V2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiyukiChan View Post

radeon 6850 @ 850/1200
but i have 2 other cards lying around is it possible to attach them and use them for boincing?

yeppers.

you should be doing Donate@home

you'd get more ppd then moowrapper


@Ginger: How many PC/ Gpu's you running? xD
Edited by kyismaster - 3/25/12 at 4:37pm
[ WOMD ] Rainuke
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Asrock Z77E-ITX R9 290X Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 7200 RPM Samsung 830 128GB XSPC AX240 kit - With custom Components windows 8 professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Asus VG248QE Coolermaster TK Coolermaster Hybrid Define R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba Rainbow dash custom Schitt Modi Bose Companion 3 
Audio
Objective 2 
  hide details  
Reply
[ WOMD ] Rainuke
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Asrock Z77E-ITX R9 290X Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 7200 RPM Samsung 830 128GB XSPC AX240 kit - With custom Components windows 8 professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Asus VG248QE Coolermaster TK Coolermaster Hybrid Define R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba Rainbow dash custom Schitt Modi Bose Companion 3 
Audio
Objective 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #69 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyismaster View Post

yeppers.
you should be doing Donate@home
you'd get more ppd then moowrapper

Could you give me a link please?
(^ ^)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 SABERTOOTH 990FX Radeon HD 6870 Radeon HD 6870 
RAMHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB KIT Seagate @ 7600 RPM Corsair H100 Logitech G19 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair Carbide 500R Midi Tower Logitech MX518 Pink Steelseries 
AudioOther
Audigy Platinum 2 ZS Steelseries Siberia V2 
  hide details  
Reply
(^ ^)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 SABERTOOTH 990FX Radeon HD 6870 Radeon HD 6870 
RAMHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB KIT Seagate @ 7600 RPM Corsair H100 Logitech G19 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair Carbide 500R Midi Tower Logitech MX518 Pink Steelseries 
AudioOther
Audigy Platinum 2 ZS Steelseries Siberia V2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiyukiChan View Post

Could you give me a link please?
http://donateathome.org/

@ginger:
99

thanks for my top point day smile.gif
[ WOMD ] Rainuke
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Asrock Z77E-ITX R9 290X Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 7200 RPM Samsung 830 128GB XSPC AX240 kit - With custom Components windows 8 professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Asus VG248QE Coolermaster TK Coolermaster Hybrid Define R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba Rainbow dash custom Schitt Modi Bose Companion 3 
Audio
Objective 2 
  hide details  
Reply
[ WOMD ] Rainuke
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Asrock Z77E-ITX R9 290X Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 7200 RPM Samsung 830 128GB XSPC AX240 kit - With custom Components windows 8 professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Asus VG248QE Coolermaster TK Coolermaster Hybrid Define R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba Rainbow dash custom Schitt Modi Bose Companion 3 
Audio
Objective 2 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net BOINC Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net BOINC Team › BOINCers Gone Bonkers 17 - April 3rd-5th 2012 *OVER*