Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › 680 Overclocking (Calling all owners!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

680 Overclocking (Calling all owners!) - Page 86

post #851 of 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by atibbo69 View Post

Do you guys think they will let us unlock the 680 voltage in the future or no? I feel like I just wasted so much money on a waterblock and fittings for no reason.......mad.gif

There will never be a voltage bump with the reference designs. Unless someone comes up with a BIOS hack (if even possible) that voids the warranty, don't hold your breath.

Perhaps with non reference versions from vendor down the road that want to take the chance with having to warranty it. A more robust design that can handle an increase in voltage along with compensate 'not' to boost voltage even further when dynamic over clocking takes over. If they don't take that into consideration when an auto over volt takes place, expect a 'pop'.

The auto boost will go from default stock to 1.175v in a heart beat on its own when GPU boost kicks in and required during more stressful moments in graphic rendering.

It's really just the nature of the new 28 nm fabrication on these cards. There's a point where even more voltage doesn't help with overclocking. As the 7970 owners are finding out that after 1.200v they're being limited to the amount of overclock they can get beyond that. Even being underwater and kept cooler isn't helping to boost that core clock any higher and stable. It's the nature of the new beast.

Even if you take into consideration our 1.175 V limit which auto boosts itself we aren't far behind the other card that can over volt. Technology is taking a turn in a different direction and how we view overclocking along with our procedures to get better performance.

It seems putting video cards underwater is more to quiet the fan noise rather than to get a higher overclock anymore. As the water block cards have diminishing returns, look at it as a good way to save some extra money toward a SSD.

We may find with the newer versions coming out with more power phases, cleaner power, kept a little cooler internally on a capacitance level may yield higher clocks. We're just now seeing some of those cards introduced into market and the verdict on those results is not proven yet.

We have seen some volt mods by extremist that prove we can put more voltage to yield better performance but it requires more than an average understanding and is not practical to implement.

Just my two cents of course and view on this.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|INTEL i7 3770K [4.5] |ASUS Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA ACX 780 TI [1202 / 1800] |G.SKILL 16GB Trident X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
|SAMSUNG 840 Pro 256 |WD VelociRaptor 1TB |CORSAIR H100 |DELL U2713HM 2560 x 1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
|LOGITECH G710+ |CORSAIR AX850 |NZXT Phantom 410 |ROCCAT Savu 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
|ROCCAT Taito Mid-3mm |SENNHEISER HD650 |SCHIIT Magni Amp |SCHIIT Modi DAC 
AudioOtherOtherOther
|CORSAIR Series SP2500 |MIONIX NAOS 8200 |ASUS BW12B1ST Blu-Ray |Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|Intel i7 950 [4.0Ghz] |ASUS Sabertooth X58 |EVGA GTX 690 |Corsair Vengeance 24GB 1600MHz  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
|WD Cavair Black 1TB |Cooler Master V6 GT |ASUS 27" VG278H 120Hz |Razer Anasasi 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
|Corsair HX1050 Watt |CoolerMaster HAF 912 - Modded |Roccat Savu Roccat Taito Mid-3mm 
AudioOtherOther
|Bose Companion 3 |NETGEAR A6200 802.11ac |Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|INTEL i7 3770K [4.5] |ASUS Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA ACX 780 TI [1202 / 1800] |G.SKILL 16GB Trident X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
|SAMSUNG 840 Pro 256 |WD VelociRaptor 1TB |CORSAIR H100 |DELL U2713HM 2560 x 1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
|LOGITECH G710+ |CORSAIR AX850 |NZXT Phantom 410 |ROCCAT Savu 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
|ROCCAT Taito Mid-3mm |SENNHEISER HD650 |SCHIIT Magni Amp |SCHIIT Modi DAC 
AudioOtherOtherOther
|CORSAIR Series SP2500 |MIONIX NAOS 8200 |ASUS BW12B1ST Blu-Ray |Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|Intel i7 950 [4.0Ghz] |ASUS Sabertooth X58 |EVGA GTX 690 |Corsair Vengeance 24GB 1600MHz  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
|WD Cavair Black 1TB |Cooler Master V6 GT |ASUS 27" VG278H 120Hz |Razer Anasasi 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
|Corsair HX1050 Watt |CoolerMaster HAF 912 - Modded |Roccat Savu Roccat Taito Mid-3mm 
AudioOtherOther
|Bose Companion 3 |NETGEAR A6200 802.11ac |Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #852 of 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by atibbo69 View Post

Do you guys think they will let us unlock the 680 voltage in the future or no? I feel like I just wasted so much money on a waterblock and fittings for no reason.......mad.gif

There will never be a voltage bump with the reference designs. Unless someone comes up with a BIOS hack (if even possible) that voids the warranty, don't hold your breath.

Perhaps with non reference versions from vendor down the road that want to take the chance with having to warranty it. A more robust design that can handle an increase in voltage along with compensate 'not' to boost voltage even further when dynamic over clocking takes over. If they don't take that into consideration when an auto over volt takes place, expect a 'pop'.

The auto boost will go from default stock to 1.175v in a heart beat on its own when GPU boost kicks in and required during more stressful moments in graphic rendering.

It's really just the nature of the new 28 nm fabrication on these cards. There's a point where even more voltage doesn't help with overclocking. As the 7970 owners are finding out that after 1.200v they're being limited to the amount of overclock they can get beyond that. Even being underwater and kept cooler isn't helping to boost that core clock any higher and stable. It's the nature of the new beast.

Even if you take into consideration our 1.175 V limit which auto boosts itself we aren't far behind the other card that can over volt. Technology is taking a turn in a different direction and how we view overclocking along with our procedures to get better performance.

It seems putting video cards underwater is more to quiet the fan noise rather than to get a higher overclock anymore. As the water block cards have diminishing returns, look at it as a good way to save some extra money toward a SSD.

We may find with the newer versions coming out with more power phases, cleaner power, kept a little cooler internally on a capacitance level may yield higher clocks. We're just now seeing some of those cards introduced into market and the verdict on those results is not proven yet.

We have seen some volt mods by extremist that prove we can put more voltage to yield better performance but it requires more than an average understanding and is not practical to implement.

Just my two cents of course and view on this.



Thanks for all that info. +1

This makes me sad/angry though. I think I'm going to put my 680 on ebay and wait for something better to be released.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 EVGA GTX 680 Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD WD Caviar Green XSPC RS240 Radiator  XSPC EX360 Radiator  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC Single 5.25 Inch Bay UV Blue Acrylic Water... Windows 7 64 Acer GD235HZ Bid 23.6IN 3D Ready 120HZ Widescre... RAZER Black Widow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX PRO 750 NZXT Phantom Razer  Razer 
OtherOtherOtherOther
EK-FC680 GTX - Acetal Laing DDC 3.2 PWM 18W Pump ( MCP35X ) EK-DDC X-TOP CSQ - Plexi 3x - 3/8"ID - 1/2"OD Straight Compression Fit... 
OtherOtherOtherOther
3x - 3/8"ID - 1/2"OD Rotary 90 Deg. Compressi... 5x - 3/8"ID - 1/2"OD Rotary 45 Deg. Angled C... 20mm Spacer Adapter Male/Female - Black 30mm Spacer Adapter Male/Female - Matt Black 
Other
Tube FLX 1/2″ ID, 3/4″ OD (19/12.7mm) - 2m pack... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 EVGA GTX 680 Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD WD Caviar Green XSPC RS240 Radiator  XSPC EX360 Radiator  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC Single 5.25 Inch Bay UV Blue Acrylic Water... Windows 7 64 Acer GD235HZ Bid 23.6IN 3D Ready 120HZ Widescre... RAZER Black Widow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX PRO 750 NZXT Phantom Razer  Razer 
OtherOtherOtherOther
EK-FC680 GTX - Acetal Laing DDC 3.2 PWM 18W Pump ( MCP35X ) EK-DDC X-TOP CSQ - Plexi 3x - 3/8"ID - 1/2"OD Straight Compression Fit... 
OtherOtherOtherOther
3x - 3/8"ID - 1/2"OD Rotary 90 Deg. Compressi... 5x - 3/8"ID - 1/2"OD Rotary 45 Deg. Angled C... 20mm Spacer Adapter Male/Female - Black 30mm Spacer Adapter Male/Female - Matt Black 
Other
Tube FLX 1/2″ ID, 3/4″ OD (19/12.7mm) - 2m pack... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #853 of 1059
The Asus DCII can have voltage changed but you need to solder a little jumper on the back to enable it. But its not a "hack" asus clearly writes on the card where to do it. But of course you have no warranty after that. I think we will see some. We are just bearly seeing non reference cards for the 680.

If you guys read the review on here of a guy who volt modded his TFIII 680 he got like an extra 100 mhz (I think 1350ish) and the stock cooler was still keeping it under 70c. So it seems with proper vrm's it can be done.
550D
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 3570k 4.7ghz Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H Sapphire R9 270 Dual X Sapphire R9 270 Dual X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2 x 4GB Samsung Green 2400 12-12-12 C300 64gb Hitachi 750 GB Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Ultimate 64 Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 550D Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
550D
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 3570k 4.7ghz Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H Sapphire R9 270 Dual X Sapphire R9 270 Dual X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2 x 4GB Samsung Green 2400 12-12-12 C300 64gb Hitachi 750 GB Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Ultimate 64 Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 550D Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #854 of 1059
-
Edited by brettlaf - 11/24/12 at 10:24pm
Gaming Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-2500k ASRock Z77 Extreme4 EVGA GTX 670 EVGA GTX 670 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Vengeance 60GB Corsair Force GT SSD 1TB WD Green 2TB WD Greem 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
HP 1270t DVD Writer CM Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 Ultimate 23" Acer G235HAbd 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
20" Acer S202HL 20" Acer S202HL Razer Blackwidow Corsair TX750 
CaseMouse
Fractal Design Define R4 Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-2500k ASRock Z77 Extreme4 EVGA GTX 670 EVGA GTX 670 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Vengeance 60GB Corsair Force GT SSD 1TB WD Green 2TB WD Greem 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
HP 1270t DVD Writer CM Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 Ultimate 23" Acer G235HAbd 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
20" Acer S202HL 20" Acer S202HL Razer Blackwidow Corsair TX750 
CaseMouse
Fractal Design Define R4 Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #855 of 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettlaf View Post

I have a Zotac GTX 680, i've never overclocked a graphics card before. Are there any guides anyone could link me to to help me along?

http://www.overclock.net/t/1236894/how-to-680-overclocking-fundamentals
550D
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 3570k 4.7ghz Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H Sapphire R9 270 Dual X Sapphire R9 270 Dual X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2 x 4GB Samsung Green 2400 12-12-12 C300 64gb Hitachi 750 GB Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Ultimate 64 Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 550D Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
550D
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 3570k 4.7ghz Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H Sapphire R9 270 Dual X Sapphire R9 270 Dual X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2 x 4GB Samsung Green 2400 12-12-12 C300 64gb Hitachi 750 GB Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Ultimate 64 Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 550D Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #856 of 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettlaf View Post

I have a Zotac GTX 680, i've never overclocked a graphics card before. Are there any guides anyone could link me to to help me along?

This one does a great job of explaining the new cards by Nvidia and the over clocking specifics.

How to: 680 overclocking fundamentals

Start with in small increments and work your way up. Run a 3DMark11 or Heaven Benchmark until you can't run one because of drivers failing. Then you know you went over your cards ability. Back down one increment and try running again. If you pass you'll have found your top over clock.

The final result is the best way to test stability and that's to test it on your favorite game. Pick a more graphically demanding game as you have. If you can game without crashing or freezing after an hour, you'll know you found your all around top clocks for your specific clocks. Everyone's mileage may vary.

Memory on these cards seem to be able to take a lot higher than before. Good starting spot is to up your Memory 200 Mhz and then just work your Core as best as you can until you've hit unstability.

Use GPU-Z to check your specs as you OC.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|INTEL i7 3770K [4.5] |ASUS Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA ACX 780 TI [1202 / 1800] |G.SKILL 16GB Trident X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
|SAMSUNG 840 Pro 256 |WD VelociRaptor 1TB |CORSAIR H100 |DELL U2713HM 2560 x 1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
|LOGITECH G710+ |CORSAIR AX850 |NZXT Phantom 410 |ROCCAT Savu 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
|ROCCAT Taito Mid-3mm |SENNHEISER HD650 |SCHIIT Magni Amp |SCHIIT Modi DAC 
AudioOtherOtherOther
|CORSAIR Series SP2500 |MIONIX NAOS 8200 |ASUS BW12B1ST Blu-Ray |Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|Intel i7 950 [4.0Ghz] |ASUS Sabertooth X58 |EVGA GTX 690 |Corsair Vengeance 24GB 1600MHz  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
|WD Cavair Black 1TB |Cooler Master V6 GT |ASUS 27" VG278H 120Hz |Razer Anasasi 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
|Corsair HX1050 Watt |CoolerMaster HAF 912 - Modded |Roccat Savu Roccat Taito Mid-3mm 
AudioOtherOther
|Bose Companion 3 |NETGEAR A6200 802.11ac |Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|INTEL i7 3770K [4.5] |ASUS Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA ACX 780 TI [1202 / 1800] |G.SKILL 16GB Trident X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
|SAMSUNG 840 Pro 256 |WD VelociRaptor 1TB |CORSAIR H100 |DELL U2713HM 2560 x 1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
|LOGITECH G710+ |CORSAIR AX850 |NZXT Phantom 410 |ROCCAT Savu 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
|ROCCAT Taito Mid-3mm |SENNHEISER HD650 |SCHIIT Magni Amp |SCHIIT Modi DAC 
AudioOtherOtherOther
|CORSAIR Series SP2500 |MIONIX NAOS 8200 |ASUS BW12B1ST Blu-Ray |Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|Intel i7 950 [4.0Ghz] |ASUS Sabertooth X58 |EVGA GTX 690 |Corsair Vengeance 24GB 1600MHz  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
|WD Cavair Black 1TB |Cooler Master V6 GT |ASUS 27" VG278H 120Hz |Razer Anasasi 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
|Corsair HX1050 Watt |CoolerMaster HAF 912 - Modded |Roccat Savu Roccat Taito Mid-3mm 
AudioOtherOther
|Bose Companion 3 |NETGEAR A6200 802.11ac |Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #857 of 1059
Didn't you guys see the link in the 680 owner's thread about the Zotac Supreme Edition? Full voltage control up to 1.5v! They hit 1.4Ghz on the core at only 1.35v. I'm so getting that card. Not sure if it's on sale yet. But yeah, might be expensive, it's 12-phase. But damn, 1.5v.
My Only Hobby
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme GTX 780 Ti 2 x EVGA FTW GTX 750 Ti 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB Samsung 30nm Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23" Asus VG236H 3D 120hz Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X 
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme GTX 780 Ti 2 x EVGA FTW GTX 750 Ti 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB Samsung 30nm Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23" Asus VG236H 3D 120hz Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X 
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #858 of 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

Didn't you guys see the link in the 680 owner's thread about the Zotac Supreme Edition? Full voltage control up to 1.5v! They hit 1.4Ghz on the core at only 1.35v. I'm so getting that card. Not sure if it's on sale yet. But yeah, might be expensive, it's 12-phase. But damn, 1.5v.

I'd be all over that if there was some sort of way to water cool it. Not sure if I'd upgrade since that is only 75 MHz more core than my current card and .2v more. It will be interesting to see if EVGA's top cards will allow nice voltages like this.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K Bare Delid @ 5 GHz EK Block ASUS Maximus VI Formula Liquid Cooled 780Ti Classified (1529 MHz core / 8500 MHz Mem)... 16 GB 2933 MHz G.Skill Liquid Cooled 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Raid 0 - Samsung 840 Pro's Win 8.1 Eizo FG2421 VA 3x 120Hz Strobing Portrait Surround Dell UP2414Q 24" 4K UHD Monitor 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Ducky Shine II TKL Mechanical  EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1000 Platinum Logitech M570 Thumb Trackball ASUS Xonar Essence "One" USB DAC/AMP 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Harmon/Kardon GLA-55 Speakers Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones Klipsch RW-12D 12" Sub-Woofer Buttkicker Gamer 
Other
Razer Orbweaver Mechanical Game-Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K Bare Delid @ 5 GHz EK Block ASUS Maximus VI Formula Liquid Cooled 780Ti Classified (1529 MHz core / 8500 MHz Mem)... 16 GB 2933 MHz G.Skill Liquid Cooled 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Raid 0 - Samsung 840 Pro's Win 8.1 Eizo FG2421 VA 3x 120Hz Strobing Portrait Surround Dell UP2414Q 24" 4K UHD Monitor 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Ducky Shine II TKL Mechanical  EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1000 Platinum Logitech M570 Thumb Trackball ASUS Xonar Essence "One" USB DAC/AMP 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Harmon/Kardon GLA-55 Speakers Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones Klipsch RW-12D 12" Sub-Woofer Buttkicker Gamer 
Other
Razer Orbweaver Mechanical Game-Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #859 of 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallsignVega View Post

I'd be all over that if there was some sort of way to water cool it. Not sure if I'd upgrade since that is only 75 MHz more core than my current card and .2v more. It will be interesting to see if EVGA's top cards will allow nice voltages like this.

Yah I am getting 1300 out of my reference card, so I see no reason to jump from EVGA to Zotac for 100MHz at more voltage and probably higher cost. I agree that I think the EVGA aftermarket card will be one to keep an eye on. One thing I have noticed is that I am not seeing very many complaints of defective cards on the 680s. Is it just me?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asus Hero VI EVGA GTX 680 16GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD / 3TB Seagate / 1TB ... Windows 8 64-bit Asus PB278Q Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Blue) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM850 CM Storm Stryker Logitech G700 Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asus Hero VI EVGA GTX 680 16GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD / 3TB Seagate / 1TB ... Windows 8 64-bit Asus PB278Q Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Blue) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM850 CM Storm Stryker Logitech G700 Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #860 of 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by siryak View Post

Yah I am getting 1300 out of my reference card, so I see no reason to jump from EVGA to Zotac for 100MHz at more voltage and probably higher cost. I agree that I think the EVGA aftermarket card will be one to keep an eye on. One thing I have noticed is that I am not seeing very many complaints of defective cards on the 680s. Is it just me?

I've seen a few with the RSoD (red screen of death. Ironic that the screen goes red isn't it? ha). But yeah other than those I doubt we'll see any bricked ones at all, maybe one or two, due to the dynamic voltage, which has a low cap I think. Even though Kingpin was using LN2, he still had a reference chip with, was it 1.5v? I forgot the exact voltage.

Anyways, yeah mine run everything stable at a decent overclock with low SLI temps at 1275mhz. So, I do want the Zotac Supreme since half the fun of a new card is finding out how high you can OC. It was still fun with the references since ~200mhz is pretty decent, but damn! I mean, just thinking about it... full voltage control up to 1.5v. I doubt I could run that voltage, especially in SLI, due to temps, so it'll be interesting to see if anyone makes a water-block that'll fit it. But even so, if it's only $100 more I may go for it just to have some control over the voltage and a bit higher clocks (yeah yeah, might be the e-peen thing. Who knows. Still want one tongue.gif )
My Only Hobby
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme GTX 780 Ti 2 x EVGA FTW GTX 750 Ti 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB Samsung 30nm Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23" Asus VG236H 3D 120hz Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X 
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme GTX 780 Ti 2 x EVGA FTW GTX 750 Ti 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB Samsung 30nm Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23" Asus VG236H 3D 120hz Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X 
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › 680 Overclocking (Calling all owners!)