Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Achieva Yamasaki CrossOver PCBANK 3view.. With glass .. Without glass !! Oh my head hurts .. Someone tell me which one should I get ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Achieva Yamasaki CrossOver PCBANK 3view.. With glass .. Without glass !! Oh my head hurts .. Someone tell me which one should I get ?

post #1 of 40
Thread Starter 
I need 30 monitors for my programming team of 10 programmers.

The primary use of these monitors is:
1. Programming
2. Email
3. Connected to MAC Lion with Dual DVI out. (A hackintosh)
4. Each programmer gets 2 or 4 monitors depending on their request.
5. Programmers getting 4 monitors will get a vesa mount and programmers getting 2 moniotors will use with the inbuilt stand

For the current setup please see:
450

The location of these monitors is:
1. Beside a window

Of all the monitors listed at:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1215866/reviewed-400-2560x1440-ips-no-ag-90hz-achieva-shimian-qh270-and-catleap-q270/3100

I am thinking of getting:
YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 Without Glass green-sum - $369.90

Is my choice correct, considering that:

1. I am going to be using these with MAC Lion. I did not find any post where people have used these with MAC lion?

2. Should I get CrossOver 27Q Without Glass - Pivot Stand dcsamsungmall - $419.50 Since it might be good for programming ?

3. Is there any point paying $1800 extra for the 30 monitors with perfect pixel. The premium seems to be $60 for perfect pixel ?

4. Is there anything else that I am missing that I should consider before I shell out $12K ?

Thanks once again for such a wonderful and helpful community !!
Edited by topgun9 - 3/26/12 at 6:43pm
post #2 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun9 View Post

I need 30 monitors for my programming team of 10 programmers.
The primary use of these monitors is:
1. Programming
2. Email
3. Connected to MAC Lion with Dual DVI out. (A hackintosh)
4. Each programmer gets 2 or 4 monitors depending on their request.
5. Programmers getting 4 monitors will get a vesa mount and programmers getting 2 moniotors will use with the inbuilt stand
For the current setup please see:
450
The location of these monitors is:
1. Beside a window
Of all the monitors listed at:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1215866/reviewed-400-2560x1440-ips-no-ag-90hz-achieva-shimian-qh270-and-catleap-q270/3100
I am thinking of getting:
YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 Without Glass green-sum - $369.90
Is my choice correct, considering that:
1. I am going to be using these with MAC Lion. I did not find any post where people have used these with MAC lion?
2. Should I get CrossOver 27Q Without Glass - Pivot Stand dcsamsungmall - $419.50 Since it might be good for programming ?
3. Is there any point paying $1800 extra for the 30 monitors with perfect pixel. The premium seems to be $60 for perfect pixel ?
4. Is there anything else that I am missing that I should consider before I shell out $12K ?
Thanks once again for such a wonderful and helpful community !!

I'd consider the lack of warranty on your $12,000 purchase. These seem like a good idea for people just using them for their gaming rigs, but to outfit your business (which I'm assuming 10 programmers is a company) with a monitor with zero warranty support seems a bit foolish. Just my opinion though
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 40
The catleap has the worst stand, and you have to open the monitor to remove the neck of the stand and the plastic arch to use a VESA mount.

Avoid the ones with glass because several people have reported getting dust behind the glass.

For programming, dead pixels aren't a big deal.

I would go for the Shimian in this case since it's the cheapest and the stand is easily removable.

It should work fine on a Mac with dual-link DVI. The EDID reports the native resolution, so it should be plug and play.
post #4 of 40
Pretty much what toasty said.

And I wouldnt pay a dime for the pixel check since a few people who did still had a couple.

My guess is unless theres more than 10 its "perfect" as far as korean law goes. And I dont think anyone has gotten one with 10 dead yet. Usually <5 at worst.
post #5 of 40
i wonder how much the electricity bill would be running 30 of these blinksmiley.gif
post #6 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClownie View Post

I'd consider the lack of warranty on your $12,000 purchase. These seem like a good idea for people just using them for their gaming rigs, but to outfit your business (which I'm assuming 10 programmers is a company) with a monitor with zero warranty support seems a bit foolish. Just my opinion though

The alternative is to spend $15K extra frown.gif

I am willing to live without the warranty since I can just keep 2 of these in stock.
post #7 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun9 View Post

The alternative is to spend $15K extra frown.gif
I am willing to live without the warranty since I can just keep 2 of these in stock.

Agreed, and point taken. I just don't like the lack of piece of mind for such a large investment. Just personal view on that. I know one thing.. I'd be jelly as all hell of the programmers with 4 of these bad larries. biggrin.gif
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 40
Thread Starter 
I just ordered 1 piece of http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220976981533&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160#ht_9407wt_1398

from red-cap for trying out before I order the 30 pieces.

I spoke to choi at red-cap. His email address is cuckoo365@naver.com. He is very prompt with all the replies.
Edited by topgun9 - 3/27/12 at 11:49pm
post #9 of 40
Why are you getting these? A programmer doesn't need an ips screen. it's just the resolution? you can get 3x 1080p monitors and get very similar res, with much lower risk and probably lower cost. I'm sure you know what you're doing, but to my business sense this screams crazy.
If you do end up getting them, contact the Sellers directly. Their quoted prices should change.for such a big order.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.5 MSI Z97 Gaming 5 EVGA 980 Ti 16GB GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Evo 250 500GB, 2x 1TB F3 + 3TB Seagate GoFlex +... Optical Drive? You mean 5.25 Floppy drive? I go... Nh-D14 Win7 64. Diewin10die. 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
XB270HU My girlfriend stole my other monitor. Damn women! Celeritas Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
MouseMouse Pad
Cheap Sharkk gaming mouse. Last Mx518 died yea... Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.5 MSI Z97 Gaming 5 EVGA 980 Ti 16GB GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Evo 250 500GB, 2x 1TB F3 + 3TB Seagate GoFlex +... Optical Drive? You mean 5.25 Floppy drive? I go... Nh-D14 Win7 64. Diewin10die. 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
XB270HU My girlfriend stole my other monitor. Damn women! Celeritas Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
MouseMouse Pad
Cheap Sharkk gaming mouse. Last Mx518 died yea... Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0zef View Post

Why are you getting these? A programmer doesn't need an ips screen. it's just the resolution? you can get 3x 1080p monitors and get very similar res, with much lower risk and probably lower cost. I'm sure you know what you're doing, but to my business sense this screams crazy.
If you do end up getting them, contact the Sellers directly. Their quoted prices should change.for such a big order.

If you look at the image I attached in my first post you will see that I am using 1920 * 1200 ASUS VK266H monitors.

We need the 2560 * 1440 resolution and at this resolution these are the best monitors considering that I can not get even a TN panel monitor at 2560 * 1440 at this price.

It took me some time to realize but I would rather program in 2 of the 2560 * 1440 monitors instead of 3 of 1920 * 1200 monitors.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Achieva Yamasaki CrossOver PCBANK 3view.. With glass .. Without glass !! Oh my head hurts .. Someone tell me which one should I get ?