Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS FanXpert 2 on Z77 Motherboards
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASUS FanXpert 2 on Z77 Motherboards - Page 4

post #31 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinate View Post

From what I've read other places, no. I've read it's only on the Sabertooth.

So what does this mean? Basically, that if you get any board other then a sabertooth z77 in the z77 lineup that you HAVE to use 4 pin fans for all connections or am I misunderstanding?
post #32 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grevard View Post

So what does this mean? Basically, that if you get any board other then a sabertooth z77 in the z77 lineup that you HAVE to use 4 pin fans for all connections or am I misunderstanding?

I'm not sure about the 4pin fan thing, but from what I've read, the other boards don't allow you to customize the fan speed based on any other temp sensor than the CPU unlike the Sabertooth.
Skylake
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 3200MHz 16-16-16 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 512GB WD Green 4TB Swiftech H240-X Windows 10 Pro N 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
PCBank 2560x1440 Corsair HX850 Corsair 750D Razer Adder 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 3200MHz 16-16-16 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 512GB WD Green 4TB Swiftech H240-X Windows 10 Pro N 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
PCBank 2560x1440 Corsair HX850 Corsair 750D Razer Adder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinate View Post

I'm not sure about the 4pin fan thing, but from what I've read, the other boards don't allow you to customize the fan speed based on any other temp sensor than the CPU unlike the Sabertooth.

Ahhh I understand now, thank you. The sabertooth, due to it's many temp sensors, allows you to customize your fan speeds according to temps all across the board other then just the cpu temp.
post #34 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grevard View Post

Ahhh I understand now, thank you. The sabertooth, due to it's many temp sensors, allows you to customize your fan speeds according to temps all across the board other then just the cpu temp.

Correct - according to Raja on HF.
Skylake
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 3200MHz 16-16-16 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 512GB WD Green 4TB Swiftech H240-X Windows 10 Pro N 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
PCBank 2560x1440 Corsair HX850 Corsair 750D Razer Adder 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 3200MHz 16-16-16 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 512GB WD Green 4TB Swiftech H240-X Windows 10 Pro N 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
PCBank 2560x1440 Corsair HX850 Corsair 750D Razer Adder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 95
I have 4 fans including the CPU fan connected to the fan headers manually customized graphs for all my fans, saved them into a custom profile.

Chassis Fan 1 Top: CM Megaflow 200mm
Chassis Fan 2 Front: CM Storm Force 200mm
Chassis Fan 3 Back: 120mm fan that came with the Storm Enforcer

However, every time I reboot my machine or power it on, CPU fan and ChassisFan1 loses their settings and are reverted back to a default,
this problem however does not happen to the 3rd and 4th fans on my machine.

CPU Fan: 20% at 20'C, 70% at 70'c and 100% at 75'C
Chassis Fan 1 defaults to 60% at 30'C, 100% at 75'C
The other 2 fans retain my settings.

I initially thought this was a conflict with Q-fan in the bios and I have since set all Q-fan to disabled. This however does not fix it.

I am running version 1.00.13 BIOS firmware 0906 P8Z77-V

If I have to manually load the profile everytime I start the computer, it would pretty much make Fan Xpert 2 useless

Am I missing something?
Edited by Plenair - 5/3/12 at 10:23am
Snow Black
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K ASUS P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX 560ti OC Corsair LP White (2x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256GB Intel Stock Cooler Windows 7 64bit Ultimate Dell ST2410 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX750 Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Razer Goliath Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Logitech Z520 
  hide details  
Reply
Snow Black
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K ASUS P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX 560ti OC Corsair LP White (2x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256GB Intel Stock Cooler Windows 7 64bit Ultimate Dell ST2410 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX750 Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Razer Goliath Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Logitech Z520 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 95
Can i use this program on a Asrock board? I have several PWM connectors and UEFI bios
post #37 of 95
I doubt it
Snow Black
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K ASUS P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX 560ti OC Corsair LP White (2x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256GB Intel Stock Cooler Windows 7 64bit Ultimate Dell ST2410 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX750 Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Razer Goliath Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Logitech Z520 
  hide details  
Reply
Snow Black
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K ASUS P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX 560ti OC Corsair LP White (2x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256GB Intel Stock Cooler Windows 7 64bit Ultimate Dell ST2410 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX750 Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Razer Goliath Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Logitech Z520 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plenair View Post

I have 4 fans including the CPU fan connected to the fan headers manually customized graphs for all my fans, saved them into a custom profile.
Chassis Fan 1 Top: CM Megaflow 200mm
Chassis Fan 2 Front: CM Storm Force 200mm
Chassis Fan 3 Back: 120mm fan that came with the Storm Enforcer
However, every time I reboot my machine or power it on, CPU fan and ChassisFan1 loses their settings and are reverted back to a default,
this problem however does not happen to the 3rd and 4th fans on my machine.
CPU Fan: 20% at 20'C, 70% at 70'c and 100% at 75'C
Chassis Fan 1 defaults to 60% at 30'C, 100% at 75'C
The other 2 fans retain my settings.
I initially thought this was a conflict with Q-fan in the bios and I have since set all Q-fan to disabled. This however does not fix it.
I am running version 1.00.13 BIOS firmware 0906 P8Z77-V
If I have to manually load the profile everytime I start the computer, it would pretty much make Fan Xpert 2 useless
Am I missing something?
That got fixed in the new Fan Xpert 2 update, see http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/FanXpert2_V10015.zip
Staypuft
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770K P8Z77-V DELUXE ASUS DCUII 670 SLI 4 x 4 GB Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 1x 2TB, 2x 1TB, Intel 520 240 GB Pioneer BDR-203BKS Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG278H Logitech G19 Seasonic Platinum 860 Corsair 600T SE 
MouseAudioOther
Logitech G700 Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser 598 
  hide details  
Reply
Staypuft
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770K P8Z77-V DELUXE ASUS DCUII 670 SLI 4 x 4 GB Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 1x 2TB, 2x 1TB, Intel 520 240 GB Pioneer BDR-203BKS Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG278H Logitech G19 Seasonic Platinum 860 Corsair 600T SE 
MouseAudioOther
Logitech G700 Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 95
Hello. I have a small issue with my ASUS Z77 V-Pro board. I have Antec 920 connected to CPU_FAN. I connected 3 Nexus Real Silent 120mm fans connected to CHA_FAN1, 2 and 3 but on CHA_FAN2 it did not allow me to control the fan, it ran at full speed only so i moved it to CHA_FAN4 and it can be controlled now althought Fan Xpert2 is acting weird:

447

CHA_FAN4 (Bottom) is greyed out and CHA_FAN2 is showing as connected but not running, in the side panel but in advanced mode it shows it correctly. Odd.

I wish i could find the issue for CHA_FAN2 not being able to control the fans. Something is broken maybe.
post #40 of 95
Thanks, I updated yesterday.

Interesting note, this "fix" reverses the problem, and now Q-fan in the bios gets automatically overwritten by some default / old settings everytime certain things are done in Fan Xpert.
So again, there's still a problem introduced by Fan Xpert 2 1.00.15

Also, this only affects CPU fan and Chassis Fan 1 in BIOS Q-fan, while Fan 2 and 3 remain untouched.

I suspect this has something to do with the component that comes with it, AsusFanControlService

Don't know. I wish I could stop using Fan Xpert and just use Speedfan but I don't think it's supported. This is getting really annoying.
Snow Black
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K ASUS P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX 560ti OC Corsair LP White (2x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256GB Intel Stock Cooler Windows 7 64bit Ultimate Dell ST2410 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX750 Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Razer Goliath Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Logitech Z520 
  hide details  
Reply
Snow Black
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K ASUS P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX 560ti OC Corsair LP White (2x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256GB Intel Stock Cooler Windows 7 64bit Ultimate Dell ST2410 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX750 Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Razer Goliath Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Logitech Z520 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS FanXpert 2 on Z77 Motherboards