Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Noctua NH-D14 Vs. corsair H100
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noctua NH-D14 Vs. corsair H100 - Page 3

post #21 of 167
i would say if you dont mind spending 100$ on cooling the go for
XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 Universal CPU Water Cooling Kit 117$
cooler, better, "futureproof" and is fun biggrin.gif

Hope you like it thumb.gif
post #22 of 167
I have the h100 and had the common problem of the pump making an AWFUL grinding noise. Turns out it was a tad overvolted by the psu. So instead of running at 12v it was running at like 12.2. So i bought a fan controller and a molex to 3 pin fan adapter and hooked it up to the fan controller as power and it works perfectly now. No grinding at all, dead silent. Temps are still fantastic. 28-30 Celsius at idle.
Starkiller
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6700K Asus Maximus VIII Formula SLI EVGA GTX 1070 SC 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256gb Samsung 950 Pro 500gb Samsung 850 Evo 3TB WD Caviar Green  2TB WD Caviar Green 
CoolingOSMonitorCase
Corsair H100i V2 Windows 10 Home  Asus PB278Q Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 
  hide details  
Reply
Starkiller
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6700K Asus Maximus VIII Formula SLI EVGA GTX 1070 SC 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256gb Samsung 950 Pro 500gb Samsung 850 Evo 3TB WD Caviar Green  2TB WD Caviar Green 
CoolingOSMonitorCase
Corsair H100i V2 Windows 10 Home  Asus PB278Q Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 167
I have had the H100 for about half a year now. Never thought of it as loud. I never hear it. It also will keep my I5 2500K at 5000 mhz and 1.52 volts in the low 70's
post #24 of 167
The D-14 does NOT outperform the H100. In almost all tests I have seen it's slightly lower performing.
I'm not saying that the D-14 or the SH are bad coolers, just that being quiet seems the only argument people can come up with.
Is the H100 "loud"?
Subjective. I run my H100 with stock fans at the "Performance" setting, and it's a moderate hum next to me. I would say, SUBJECTIVELY, around 30db. Some sites have shown the H100 to be at 60db, which is laughable.
Not even Nidec Beta V 38mmx120mm are rated at 60db. I know, because I have used them.

If you are going for a quiet rig, then by all means, grab a big tower cooler.
If you are going for all out performance, get a WC kit like the RASA.
If you want a warranted loop, with good performance and decent db levels, go for the H100.
Blue Fury
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 6600k asus Sapphire 290X Tri-OCX 4GB 2x4 (8)GB G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZVertex3 60GB Seagate 1TB WD 500GB Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 ASUS DVDRW24x Corsair H100 W10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55" 4k Hisense Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Corsair CX750 AzzA Hurrican 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 3500 Diablo3 RoS LE onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Fury
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 6600k asus Sapphire 290X Tri-OCX 4GB 2x4 (8)GB G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZVertex3 60GB Seagate 1TB WD 500GB Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 ASUS DVDRW24x Corsair H100 W10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55" 4k Hisense Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Corsair CX750 AzzA Hurrican 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 3500 Diablo3 RoS LE onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixuz View Post

The D-14 does NOT outperform the H100. In almost all tests I have seen it's slightly lower performing.
I'm not saying that the D-14 or the SH are bad coolers, just that being quiet seems the only argument people can come up with.
Is the H100 "loud"?
Subjective. I run my H100 with stock fans at the "Performance" setting, and it's a moderate hum next to me. I would say, SUBJECTIVELY, around 30db. Some sites have shown the H100 to be at 60db, which is laughable.
Not even Nidec Beta V 38mmx120mm are rated at 60db. I know, because I have used them.
If you are going for a quiet rig, then by all means, grab a big tower cooler.
If you are going for all out performance, get a WC kit like the RASA.
If you want a warranted loop, with good performance and decent db levels, go for the H100.

H100 is rated at 40 DBA with stock fans by Corsair....and the difference in temps in minor unless your adding in the noise factor, so your argument is pretty useless on that front. Fact: the H100 has over twice the volume for hardly 1-3c temp difference..... its not that the H100 is loud. More that the noise in comparison to other options is absurd.
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKomputing View Post

H100 is rated at 40 DBA with stock fans by Corsair....and the difference in temps in minor unless your adding in the noise factor, so your argument is pretty useless on that front. Fact: the H100 has over twice the volume for hardly 1-3c temp difference..... its not that the H100 is loud. More that the noise in comparison to other options is absurd.

And that the H100 is not reliable enough.
 
Cheesecake
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gene-Z Gen3 R9 290 G.Skill Sniper 8 GB 1866 9-9-9-28-1T 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
Kraken Lots of airflow :P TX850 version 2 Plasti-Dipped 350D 
AudioAudioAudio
Xonar DX [sold] Sennheiser HD 555 FiiO E10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
Phenom II X4 @ 4000/2800 ASRock Extreme4 970 Big Air Cheesecake  Tr Silver Arrow 
CoolingCase
Tr Shaman Centurion 590 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Cheesecake
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gene-Z Gen3 R9 290 G.Skill Sniper 8 GB 1866 9-9-9-28-1T 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
Kraken Lots of airflow :P TX850 version 2 Plasti-Dipped 350D 
AudioAudioAudio
Xonar DX [sold] Sennheiser HD 555 FiiO E10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
Phenom II X4 @ 4000/2800 ASRock Extreme4 970 Big Air Cheesecake  Tr Silver Arrow 
CoolingCase
Tr Shaman Centurion 590 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badness View Post

And that the H100 is not reliable enough.

That would be the least of my worries with a Corsair product. Their warrenty and CS are down right amazing to say the least. I just feel that if you have the room a nice, high quality air cooler is a better buy. Cheaper, similar performance, less noise. Now if you don't have room for a high end air cooler then the CLC's make a great choice due to the size restraints on smaller case builds. However Cooler Master has a intresting new Water cooling product coming out. The kit is designed with barbs and such. Kind of like a pre filled RASA kit that you can upgrade at any time. I'll find the link later but they look to be amazing compared to the Corsair CLC's because you can turn it into a custom loop, or add a GPU to your current loop with ease, unlike the Corsair CLC's.
Edited by KhaoticKomputing - 3/27/12 at 10:50pm
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKomputing View Post

That would be the least of my worries with a Corsair product. Their warrenty and CS are down right amazing to say the least. I just feel that if you have the room a nice, high quality air cooler is a better buy. Cheaper, similar performance, less noise. Now if you don't have room for a high end air cooler then the CLC's make a great choice due to the size restraints on smaller case builds. However Cooler Master has a intresting new Water cooling product coming out. The kit is designed with barbs and such. Kind of like a pre filled RASA kit that you can upgrade at any time. I'll find the link later but they look to be amazing compared to the Corsair CLC's because you can turn it into a custom loop, or add a GPU to your current loop with ease, unlike the Corsair CLC's.

Well, I don't know if corsair would replace my board or CPU. I don't trust units like that, regardless of brand, with my high end hardware.
 
Cheesecake
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gene-Z Gen3 R9 290 G.Skill Sniper 8 GB 1866 9-9-9-28-1T 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
Kraken Lots of airflow :P TX850 version 2 Plasti-Dipped 350D 
AudioAudioAudio
Xonar DX [sold] Sennheiser HD 555 FiiO E10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
Phenom II X4 @ 4000/2800 ASRock Extreme4 970 Big Air Cheesecake  Tr Silver Arrow 
CoolingCase
Tr Shaman Centurion 590 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Cheesecake
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gene-Z Gen3 R9 290 G.Skill Sniper 8 GB 1866 9-9-9-28-1T 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
Kraken Lots of airflow :P TX850 version 2 Plasti-Dipped 350D 
AudioAudioAudio
Xonar DX [sold] Sennheiser HD 555 FiiO E10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
Phenom II X4 @ 4000/2800 ASRock Extreme4 970 Big Air Cheesecake  Tr Silver Arrow 
CoolingCase
Tr Shaman Centurion 590 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 167
I tested 2 different HXX and both had problems with their pump. They woked fine but made a rattling noise.

Performance wise they are similar. But High End Air Cooler are always >>> Bootleg Watercooling for several reasons unless you dont have the space for a D14/SA/etc. But when you have the space for a double rad you usually have space for a D14 too.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4,6GHz ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe Sapphire 7870XT @1,2GHz 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Crucial Noctua U14S & Prolimatech MK26 (+1x Noctua A15) Antec HCP 1300 Lian Li X1000 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4,6GHz ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe Sapphire 7870XT @1,2GHz 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Crucial Noctua U14S & Prolimatech MK26 (+1x Noctua A15) Antec HCP 1300 Lian Li X1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badness View Post

Well, I don't know if corsair would replace my board or CPU. I don't trust units like that, regardless of brand, with my high end hardware.

They would if you can show pictures of it leaking. Out of the thousands of sales I've only seen one persons h100 leak EVER and it was on this forum and i frequent here and Corsair's forum.
Two other cases of "leaking" were actually fan oil...

With the dude on this forum who's fan leaked, corsair gave him the money for the value of his gpu.

Here's the leak:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1223748/help-h100-leaking-need-advice

Here's corsair's reply:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1232888/corsairs-response-to-leaking-h100

Yeah...no argument bro. rolleyes.gif

Edit: there's another corsair leak on this forum and on corsairs forum I found 2. All replaced and fixed, no issues. Now when you over-tighten your D14 and warp dat mobo is Noctua gonna do the same? rolleyes.gif

Corsair have GREAT support, but the D14 is SILENT. When you move the corsair to silence, d14 noise levels, it loses by 1-3 degrees (AT MOST) in cooling. It's easier to set up, safer, and generally can be more beneficial to case airflow, and IS to the OP.
Edited by JassimH - 3/28/12 at 4:34am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage 4 extreme GTX Titan (SLI) Corsair dominator platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro Vertex 4 12x Bluray Pioneer H100 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NF-F12 Windows 8 Pro 64 bit Qnix 2710 @ 120.1hz Razer blackwidow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 1300w Cosmos 2 Razer Taipan Razer Goliathus Extended 
AudioAudioAudio
Xonar Essence STX ATH-AD2000X Bose Companion 20 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage 4 extreme GTX Titan (SLI) Corsair dominator platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro Vertex 4 12x Bluray Pioneer H100 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NF-F12 Windows 8 Pro 64 bit Qnix 2710 @ 120.1hz Razer blackwidow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 1300w Cosmos 2 Razer Taipan Razer Goliathus Extended 
AudioAudioAudio
Xonar Essence STX ATH-AD2000X Bose Companion 20 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Noctua NH-D14 Vs. corsair H100