Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › FrozenCPU strikes again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FrozenCPU strikes again. - Page 10  

post #91 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_van View Post

This.
Seriously, the entitlement issues some of you have boggle my mind.
Yes the way in which they handled it was a bit shoddy, but the end result was fair.
Not every single client can get white glove treatment and you may actually not be the most important customer they do business with (gasp).

Agreed. While it doesn't hurt to ask for some special treatment if its turned down just having the part shipped out at no cost is good enough. It's better that not getting the part at all.
post #92 of 193
I haven't read the 10 pages but I had also some problems. My CPU block seemed to be already used out of the box. Swiftech denied the replacement but I managed to get a replacement via frozenCPU. Without them I think I swiftech would never change the block...
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X 2x8gb ADATA 2133MHz CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Mushkin 1 TB SSD & Samsung F3 spinpoint 1 TB MCP655A + 2 x MCP320 + EK supreme copper Win10 Corsair K70 Lux 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 750W Bitphenix Monstrous water cooling case Logitech G9X 
  hide details  
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X 2x8gb ADATA 2133MHz CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Mushkin 1 TB SSD & Samsung F3 spinpoint 1 TB MCP655A + 2 x MCP320 + EK supreme copper Win10 Corsair K70 Lux 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 750W Bitphenix Monstrous water cooling case Logitech G9X 
  hide details  
post #93 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarin View Post

It is pretty apparent that the OP followed everything outlined by their own rules and regs. Would you like a ladder for that horse you're on?
When I place an order with a company I am paying for the items to be shipped within a certain time window. When you order food at a restaurant and they forget to bring something to the table, is it ok for them to tell you they will handle it on your next visit? Of course not. There is an understanding of timely service rendered based on the economic contact you just entered into. (read: You pay for something and I fulfill.)
The man paid for seven items to be shipped to him within five days. He didn't pay for six items in five days and one in ten days. No matter how much you want to white knight FrozenCPU the fact remains that they screwed up the order and the customer did NOT receive what they paid for. That is as plain as day. Take a step back and you can see how, taken as a whole, the only thing FrozenCPU accomplished was to fulfill an order in a subpar and inefficient manner. However, some of you would have the OP believe that he should count his lucky stars that they sent the missing item for free (or at all)? Even if they overnighted the part to him it would have still not have been exactly what he paid for. (Remeber, seven parts in five days) However, it would have showed the customer that they appreciated their business and, most importantly, time.
Does this mean that they are an awful company hellbent on cheating customers? Obviously not. Don't jump on some guy however, because he is calling a spade a spade.

Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_van View Post

This.
Seriously, the entitlement issues some of you have boggle my mind.
Yes the way in which they handled it was a bit shoddy, but the end result was fair.
Not every single client can get white glove treatment and you may actually not be the most important customer they do business with (gasp).

Entitlement issues? What about your ridiculous elitist nature? Essentially what you're saying is that unless someone spends a fortune with a company they're not entitled to good service. You serious? It's because of people like you that companies are putting less and less emphasis on service as they know some people will accept it, people that sit there and take it every time a prepubescent loser on the other end of the phone tells them "it's our policy", well I just read through their domestic shipping policy and it does not state anywhere that errors, on Frozen CPU's part, that result in missing items will be rectified and shipped via FedEx 1-5 business days. You say that not every client can get white glove treatment, who's asking for white glove treatment? All they had to do is slap on a "express" sticker on the package and be done with it, what's 5-10 buks to a business like that? Something so simple could have resulted in a completely different title for the thread - "Frozen CPU is the best"; instead of what it is now.
Edited by hirolla888 - 3/28/12 at 3:38pm
post #94 of 193
We find getting involved in these sort of "buyer beware" threads is never beneficial to the customer or vendor, as they often roll into an argument where neither side wins. That and the banter/mudslinging is always far from professional. With that said, we would like to just clear a few things up and then put this to rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulbida View Post

The guy paid for a bunch of parts to a build. He then chose an expedited shipping option so he would receive the item by a set date. FrozenCPU made an error, and the parts are not going to meet the deadline. Now ask yourself, who's at fault?

This customer did not choose an expedited shipping method on the order. As stated in his original post, we ship out missing items the method that was originally selected by the customer. The same goes with erroneous Overnight orders as does Ground shipments. We would be out of business if we made individual policy exceptions to every customer that pushed us to, and especially to those that demand Overnight on orders they had originally received via the selected Ground method. We may be wrong, but you're not going to find very many companies that resolve things by shipping them Overnight, especially with the rates today. Let it be known we still fronted the cost to ship Ground, towards the price of the Overnight shipping Jason wanted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66racer View Post

edit:
going through the thread a little, I think people are missing the point that it seems like the vendor became deffensive against the customer, the vendor should never get emotional, the customer can because they paid for a service/item. Its customer service that is supposed to neutralise the issue, maybe they couldnt have paid for the shipping, they could have worked with him some other method such as a discount on his next purchase, or some other item.

I can assure you this was not the case. We treat all customers with respect and honor the fact that we do make mistakes. You won't make it far in any retail business if you become "defensive" or "emotional". We do work with customers in different ways to achieve satisfaction on their end, but in this instance it was Overnight Shipping or nothing due to the customer's schedule, and a discount code would not have changed a thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains View Post

2 things I see wrong with FrozenCPU's conduct here.
1 They didn't follow their own procedure for packing goods, 1 person picks and packs another verifies if this had been followed the situation would likely not have happened.
2 Jeff denied the OP to go higher up the chain
Both of which to me are not acceptable.
Had the order been verified then I could see FrozenCPU's point of sticking to their policy of same shipping but because they skipped the verification of the order they should have stepped up and got the missing item sent next day.

We assure you that two sets of eyes check every order, regardless if two stamps or signatures make it onto the order or not. With that said, we do still make mistakes that get past multiple people. We are only human.

Geoff is as high as it goes with FrozenCPU customer service, short of the CEO/Owner of the company. This was near closing time and the CEO of the company was no longer on premises during the phone call. Regardless though, policies are policies and going up to the next level would not have changed how this was handled.

In closing, this is an opinion matter and this post was not made to "argue", only to put our information out there on the discrepancy. Some will say we did enough, and some will think we should have broken to demands being made to us. We are not going to debate it, because as we stated earlier, it will not get either side anywhere.
post #95 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirolla888 View Post

Well said.
Entitlement issues? What about your ridiculous elitist nature? Essentially what you're saying is that unless someone spends a fortune with a company they're not entitled to good service. You serious? It's because of people like you that companies are putting less and less emphasis on service as they know some people will accept it, people that sit there and take it every time a prepubescent loser on the other end of the phone tells them "it's our policy", well I just read through their domestic shipping policy and it does not state anywhere that errors, on Frozen CPU's part, that result in missing items will be rectified and shipped via FedEx 1-5 business days. You say that not every client can get white glove treatment, who's asking for white glove treatment? All they had to do is slap on a "express" sticker on the package and be done with it, what's 5-10 buks to a business like that? Something so simple could have resulted in a completely different title for the thread - "Frozen CPU is the best"; instead of what it is now.

What are you trying to accomplish with this thread? FCPU recognized they made a mistake and offered to send out the part free of charge. If you want companies to always offer "free" overnight shipping for any order mistakes, you'll end up paying for it somehow. Costs of shipping mistakes will eventually come back to the customer in higher prices or less sales, the money just doesn't come out of no where. This is even more prevalent in smaller companies (<1M revenue).
Mr. Windy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Asus Maximus II Formula EVGA GTX 460 8GB OCZ 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x300 V-Raptor, 2x1TB WD, 2xSegate 320GB Fedora 14 2x Samsung 245BW Corsair 750TX; APC BR1500 
Case
Soldam Windy Altium FC 700 
  hide details  
Mr. Windy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Asus Maximus II Formula EVGA GTX 460 8GB OCZ 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x300 V-Raptor, 2x1TB WD, 2xSegate 320GB Fedora 14 2x Samsung 245BW Corsair 750TX; APC BR1500 
Case
Soldam Windy Altium FC 700 
  hide details  
post #96 of 193
I've read every post.

OP kept mentioning that we should make sure to "read the policy to save time". Every reseller will have the same policy.... You're not going to find a policy that says "If we mess up, we'll go into debt for you"...

Comparing "EVGA" with "FrozenCPU" as someone did, is simply unfair. FrozenCPU is a reseller, EVGA is a manufacturer. Frozen will buy a CPU block from a manufacturer for maybe $5-$10 cheaper than they'll sell it for. They'd need to push 2-4 CPU blocks to cover one customers time table? I don't think I would have expedited the shipping. The shipping method should be matched if an error was made, that's it. Shipping mistakes are typically made a few times a month. A company of this size simply cannot afford to expedite shipping for every mistake.

They followed policy, and any company about the same size would have followed policy as well.

An apology is all they owe you. Not expedited shipping.
post #97 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimersnerd View Post

What are you trying to accomplish with this thread? FCPU recognized they made a mistake and offered to send out the part free of charge. If you want companies to always offer "free" overnight shipping for any order mistakes, you'll end up paying for it somehow. Costs of shipping mistakes will eventually come back to the customer in higher prices or less sales, the money just doesn't come out of no where. This is even more prevalent in smaller companies (<1M revenue).

Well this isn't my thread, so I'm not trying to accomplish anything with it. What I'm trying to convey with my posts is that customers don't have to bend over backwards and accept poor service, that will only lead to worse service for everyone else down the road. What's with "Jeff" refusing OP's request to talk to a superior? Is that policy too now? EDIT: just read the post made by the FrozenCPU rep.

And why are you making it seem like they're doing him a favour by recognising the missing item and agreeing to ship it free of charge? That's not an accomplishment mate, that's the bare minimum imo.

You hear what you're saying? "Costs of shipping mistakes will eventually come back to the customer in higher prices or less sales" You honestly believe that mistakes made by VENDORS should be paid for by the customers? What kind of backward mentality is this? You screw up, you pay for it, why is that hard to comprehend?
Edited by hirolla888 - 3/28/12 at 4:38pm
post #98 of 193
Thread Starter 
That's what I can't understand. Everyone should be held accountable for their mistakes, even small companies and corporations. $20 is not going to put them out of business unless they're making a LOT of mistakes.

It seems that they follow company policy when it's in their best interest, not the customers. I thought company policies were to protect the consumer. It seems that with a few online resellers, it's been twisted to protect the company. Despite what an earlier poster said, many online retailers will overnight products at their expense when they have made a mistake and ruined the customer experience. I know this because I've worked in IT for 14 years. The reason is to be respectful of the customers time, but ALSO so that said customer returns to make purchases in the future, recommends the company to their friends and doesn't leave bad reviews for others to see online.

I believe some are confused that have read this thread so I hope that it clarifies the situation. That's the only reason I can imagine that some think it's okay for the customer to pay for a company's mistakes. That or maybe the lack of real world experience with company-customer relations.

I sent an email to Mark, the CEO/President of FrozenCPU. I'm not surprised that the response here FAR exceeds the responses to me on the phone and via email. There was no confidentiality notice associated with his "sent from my iphone" response, so here it is.


From: Mark-FrozenCPU.com [xxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:30 AM
To: Jason XXXXXXX
Subject: Re: FrozenCPU Forum Reviews

Jason

I understand you are angry because we made a mistake and have read your posts in the forums.

I appreciate your email and we are sorry that we lost you as a customer.

Sent from my iPhone


On Mar 28, 2012, at 4:25 AM, "Jason XXXXXX" wrote:

Hello Mark,

My name is Jason XXXXXXXX. I recently purchased nearly $400 in product from your online store. Although it's my first personal purchase, I once worked as the associate sysadmin at a college. One of my responsibilities was managing the student techs there, whom I stirred in your direction many times over the course of 6 years as well as their friends and other students that asked my advise on their builds.

I finally had the need for extreme cooling with my new LGA2011 build. It wasn't a good first direct experience with your company and I hope that none of the others I have pointed in your direction have had any similar issues, as it would reflect poorly on me as well.

I ordered 7 items in various quantities from FrozenCPU.com and only received 6 of them. I called your company to report the problem and spoke with Geoff. He told me that the missing item will be shipped to me the same way that the previous parts had been shipped, which was FedEx 3-5 business days. I explained to him that the shipping schedule would not work because I would be out of town in 3 days for over a week. I had the parts shipped originally 3-5 days (5 days from you to Florida) because it would give me time if I forgot something to have it overnighted and done before leaving town. I was planning ahead incase I made a mistake. I can't plan for your company's mistakes, unfortunately.

We disputed the shipping back and forth for some time but he told me it was company policy to ship missing items the same schedules as the original order and he wasn't able to change this. I asked to speak to his boss or someone that was capable of making decisions above company policy but was denied by Geoff. In the end, I was forced to pay an additional $19.44 to have the part overnighted. Basically, I had to pay for your companies mistake or be forced to wait 10+ days on a part I paid to have delivered in 3-5 days. The missing in-stock part was a part of an entire ordered cooling system, thus the system could not be completed without the missing part, holding up the entire project.

During the phone call, Geoff asked the names of those listed on the order list under the headings "Packed by" and "Verified by". It was at that point that we both realized that nobody had verified my order as there was no name listed. The only thing legible in the "Packed by" field was "K". Therefore, company policy was broken and resulted in a poor customer experience but company policy could not be broken in order to repair the situation.

In the end, your company sold me off as a future customer for a mere $19.44. That same $19.44 purchased several online reviews of my experience as well as a complaint with the BBB of NY. In the future, during the course of my IT career, I will begin to stir possible customers away from FrozenCPU.com rather than towards as I have in the past.

Sincerely,

Jason XXXXXXX

post #99 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenCPU View Post

We find getting involved in these sort of "buyer beware" threads is never beneficial to the customer or vendor, as they often roll into an argument where neither side wins. That and the banter/mudslinging is always far from professional. With that said, we would like to just clear a few things up and then put this to rest.
This customer did not choose an expedited shipping method on the order. As stated in his original post, we ship out missing items the method that was originally selected by the customer. The same goes with erroneous Overnight orders as does Ground shipments. We would be out of business if we made individual policy exceptions to every customer that pushed us to, and especially to those that demand Overnight on orders they had originally received via the selected Ground method. We may be wrong, but you're not going to find very many companies that resolve things by shipping them Overnight, especially with the rates today. Let it be known we still fronted the cost to ship Ground, towards the price of the Overnight shipping Jason wanted.
I can assure you this was not the case. We treat all customers with respect and honor the fact that we do make mistakes. You won't make it far in any retail business if you become "defensive" or "emotional". We do work with customers in different ways to achieve satisfaction on their end, but in this instance it was Overnight Shipping or nothing due to the customer's schedule, and a discount code would not have changed a thing.
We assure you that two sets of eyes check every order, regardless if two stamps or signatures make it onto the order or not. With that said, we do still make mistakes that get past multiple people. We are only human.
Geoff is as high as it goes with FrozenCPU customer service, short of the CEO/Owner of the company. This was near closing time and the CEO of the company was no longer on premises during the phone call. Regardless though, policies are policies and going up to the next level would not have changed how this was handled.
In closing, this is an opinion matter and this post was not made to "argue", only to put our information out there on the discrepancy. Some will say we did enough, and some will think we should have broken to demands being made to us. We are not going to debate it, because as we stated earlier, it will not get either side anywhere.
This definitely not Mark. Glad to see your taking these threads seriously.
Bat-Computer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K GA-Z170N-WIFI Geforce Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 512GB (NVMe)  SAMSUNG EVO 850 500 GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCase
LG Electronics UM95 34UM95C Silverstone sx600 G Corsair 380T 
  hide details  
Bat-Computer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K GA-Z170N-WIFI Geforce Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 512GB (NVMe)  SAMSUNG EVO 850 500 GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCase
LG Electronics UM95 34UM95C Silverstone sx600 G Corsair 380T 
  hide details  
post #100 of 193
Thread Starter 
He's already admitted to not following company procedure but here's the order form with the missing "Verified by". I believe the reason this all happened is because of the time frame. My order was put in at 5:57PM and their website says that everything purchased before 6PM goes out same day. I believe that the order was rushed and thus, not verfied. You could go as far to say that their company website said my part would go out by 6PM the same day... but 1 part didn't, right? One in-stock part didn't go out till 6 days later.

IMAG0373.jpg

Jason
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › FrozenCPU strikes again.