Now this is food for thought. I want to build the best system I can with my budget, p/p ratio and all. But it's been a long wait already...
Originally Posted by 66racer
I would go with the gtx 570 over the 560ti if you can, I have used both on bf3 and its a big difference. 560ti can do high on 1080p and the gtx570 can do ultra, I keep msaa at 2x for super smooth play rather than the 4x of the preset ultra though
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Which gtx570 would you guys recommend?
Originally Posted by 072665995
If u rely want the pc now but want to upgrade from ivy get some cheap weak pentium 1155 and put it in a descent z77 board. Then with ivy bridge actually gets out buy something equivalent to 2600k and then find someone with 35 rep here to sell ur cheap 1155 pentium
Also 560ti HAWK is BEAST
i can run practically all my games on max settings with exception to crysis 2 and others. i did some math and did a 560ti HAWK CUDA Cores to price with an EVGA GTX 570
560ti price is roughly 220 maybe 210 (at least where i live) (took 220) from NCIX cost: $1.75 per cuda core
570 cost is around 290 so price per performance is about : $0.60
yup 570 is definately better in terms of cost to performance. and plus the price difference is only around $70-80 so yea i wud suggest getting 570 budget providing of course. keep in mind 670 and 660ti gona come out soon too so yea
It has crossed my mind to buy a cheap G620, then wait for Ivy to drop to buy a 3570K. And I am waiting to see 670/660ti when they are released, hopefully soon.
Originally Posted by Dominik
Just wait even if you don't spring on ivy, sandy bridge will be much cheaper once ivy is released its a win - win
I hope it will be cheaper, if I go the SB route, but it's unlikely they'll get much cheaper anyway, at least where I live.
Originally Posted by 66racer
Yeah Im keeping an eye on this personally, come ivy launch I might go 3770k if its WAY better, if not 2600k will be next, currently $279.99 at microcenter, dont know how much lower they can go though, Im guessing they will remain consistent and we will see newegg and others price them what microcenter has been selling them for.
I wish I had a Microcenter in my area...
Originally Posted by Lou3824
I doubt we're going to see prices fall very much on SB when IB comes out. Its just not Intel's MO. Look at the 990X for example... With the SB-e lineup out, you would think the 990X would have dropped in price, but it hasn't moved at all. Bloomfield has come down some, but its not really all that cheap (in between the cost of a 2500K and a 2600K). Just me, but I don't expect to see more than a 10% drop on SB.
Having said that, some of the previews of IB haven't been all that great. The performance gains are decent at stock levels, but the power draw and heat numbers have been disappointing. We don't really have much to go on yet when it comes to OCing, but it looks like heat is going to prevent high overclocks without something better than air cooling. All this could be very different once the retail versions hit, but so far, I think the gains on IB are looking moderate at best. If you want to OC on air, you might even do better with SB. We shall see...
Yeah, that's why I was going to wait for some benches and reviews after Ivy drops.
Originally Posted by chmodlabs
Wait for ivy. It's just better.
Hope so. I really do.
Originally Posted by IrishV8
i was in the same boat as you till i saw a msi z68 gd65 g3 board at frys for $99.00.
So yeah ivy bridge ready with pci-e 3.0 already on it just need some more money to get me a graphics card again.
A deal like that would be great for my budget, and would leave more money for a beefier GPU, which is really important to me.
Originally Posted by trumpet-205 PCIe 3.0 is depended on the CPU itself. It has nothing to do with Z77 chipset. Most people seem to get this fact wrong.
Z68 has Lucid Virtu support. You are talking about Vritu MVP, which again has nothing to do with the chipset. Currently motherboard manufacturers choose to license MVP on H77/Z75/Z77.
Virtu MVP looks interesting, as little I've read about it, wonder if it's useful enough for gaming.
Originally Posted by khkim
Just to chime in with the heavy majority here. Have patience and lets see what happens to our wallets... i meant with Ivy Bridge.
Side note: Anyone notice their wallets are getting super light these days? After Kepler and Ivy Bridge i might need to get another job...
Patience. Well it's 2 more weeks, so I'd be crazy not wait a little longer at this point...