Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
1) Orly? Care to explain how I can get the new SimCity to work in Offline mode then?
2) You mis understood my ENTIRE point about Valve on that one sir. I said VALVE, not STEAM. VALVE has earned our trust. There have been NO VALVE ported games, as the Source engine is optimized for PC. So nice try on that one.
3) No, just no. Steam scans your HARDWARE. Origin scans everything. Not the same thing there. Oh, and you can opt out of the Steam hardware scans. You can't opt out of Origin.
Way to completely misread and misunderstand every point I made.
1) I specifically stated that if a game HAS an offline mode then Origin will run in Offline mode. By your logic Steam operates the same way. Care to explain how CS or TF2 will run if you don't have an internet connection? It has nothing to do with the platform of distribution. That's a game limitation. Not Origin's or Steam's.
2) Even if a game is made for the PC it has to have a sort of port in order to run on STEAM. That is the reason why normal patches don't work on Steam versions
I specifically said that STEAM GAMES require special patches which come later to the party or not at all, and buggy game ports ON Steam (notice the lack of mentioning PC in general). Hence also my example of Anno 2070. I could care less about Valve games in this discussion. It is a comparison between Steam and Origin. Not about quality of games that a company can produce.
3) I will concede to this point
Way to misread and misunderstand my points though
(see what i did there?)
To Code-Red I don't disagree with you. Unfortunately as consumers we get screwed over everything. Not just in video games but everywhere else as well.
Anyway I will not discuss this issue anymore as it will derail the thread even further which wasn't my intention in the first place just wanted to express a thought