Overclock.net › Forums › Benchmarks › Benchmarking Software and Discussion › [OFFICIAL] HWiNFO/32/64 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] HWiNFO/32/64 Thread - Page 158

post #1571 of 1580
@Mumak not sure if this has been posted in here, quite a lot of pages.

I've noticed that when i have hwinfo64 running i lose about 20MB/s read speeds on my HDD and around 10MB/s write speeds. I know it makes no difference in most games but was curious if there was a way to get rid of that all together. Guessing it has something to do with your software pinging smart data even though i have my HDD hidden and disabled monitoring.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1572 of 1580
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post

@Mumak not sure if this has been posted in here, quite a lot of pages.

I've noticed that when i have hwinfo64 running i lose about 20MB/s read speeds on my HDD and around 10MB/s write speeds. I know it makes no difference in most games but was curious if there was a way to get rid of that all together. Guessing it has something to do with your software pinging smart data even though i have my HDD hidden and disabled monitoring.

Do you maybe have Debug Mode enabled in HWiNFO ?
Besides that and with Drive Scan disabled I don't know what else might be causing this. Perhaps try to disable monitoring of other sensors and see which of them is causing it.
post #1573 of 1580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumak View Post

Do you maybe have Debug Mode enabled in HWiNFO ?
Besides that and with Drive Scan disabled I don't know what else might be causing this. Perhaps try to disable monitoring of other sensors and see which of them is causing it.

I havent checked ill take a look. I usually open up sensors only and not much settings in there. Will take a look give it a shot thank you.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1574 of 1580
where is auto start?
nvm right click from taskbar brings up the menu for settings
post #1575 of 1580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caos View Post

@Mumak.

Thanks for the last update. Already owns the 50 positions smile.gif .. could it be possible to add in fan speeds percentage for ftw3?biggrin.gif:D:D

thinking.gif
post #1576 of 1580
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caos View Post

thinking.gif

Is the EVGA tool able to report actual percentage? If the device doesn't do so and I don't know the max fan speed (PWM level), then it's not possible.
post #1577 of 1580
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlfman View Post

so... i built a x99 rig to mess around with. paired up, originally a 6800k, but now a 6850k with a gigabyte x99 ultra gaming. yesterday i updated its bios to the latest stable f5. today i updated it to its latest beta bios, f6a, since it improved memory compatibility.

well yesterday with the 6800k on f5 i noticed vcore would randomly drop to 0 volts for a split second or randomly display 2.0 volts for a split second. temperature 4 would randomly display 0c, 87c, or -87c for a split second.

well today i swapped out the 6800k for a 6850k since i want to mess around with my crossfire 480's in 16x x 16x and updated the bios to f6a. since updating tp f6a vcore now shows a solid 0.108 volts...

i disabled turbo boost all together, manually set multiplier to 36, disabled all cstates, disabled intel speedstep (EIST), and set vcore voltage to "normal" with a 0.00 offset since i'm running it at stock. bios shows a vcore of 1.138 volts. cpu-z shows the same. aida64 shows 1.147 volts and gigabytes system viewer shows 1.147 volts as well.

with both 6800k and 6850k all those things where disabled.

so i really don't know which one is showing a correct value. i'm inclined to believe my bios and gigabytes own system viewer (and aida64 since it shows the same). i remember reading that cpu-z only shows vid not vcore. i know GB system viewer shows a little higher vcore than bios but i've noticed over the years vcore is typically a little higher in windows than in bios.

could a bios update cause the sensors to miss read? could the sensors be faulty or is hwinfo reading them incorrectly?

B9inNEih.png

Hi, I'm getting this too...odd results.




My system
Gigabyte X99-UD3P
6800K, at 3.8GHz and Turbo 4GHz on all cores. Everything Auto Except CPU VRIN Loadline Calibration, which I manually set to: Medium**

My Max VCORE was 2.2 before, but now when I stress test with CPU-Z, I get a max of 1.56 (The prior 2.2 was when in the BIOS I had Auto for CPU VRIN Loadline Calibration -- I set mine to 3 (medium) not sure if that has something to do with it.

** I set that to medium as I was concerned after searching around, that the BIOS may set it to extreme.

This video explains vdroop, but doesn't really go into the settings LLC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XGhpKHWYAg

It looks like if I set my base clock to 3.8 and Turbo to 4.0, I would need to manually manage the vdroop whedn going from idle to full load, can anyone let me know with Gigabyte X99 boards, for what I'm doing, would medium be ok, and if there's anything else I need to set? Basically, I'd be happy if I can keep it at 3.8GHz default with 4.0 Turbo without an over-voltage peak with vdroop.

According to CPU-Z and Aida64, I fluctuate from 1.272 and .775 (but I think that's based on VID, not VCORE) so I have no idea what VCORE is. I used the GB App center, it's "stuck" on 1.267 and never moves no matter what I do. My VRIN is at 1.9...the clocks info on my CPU from the GB app show 0. I can't seem to find anything accurate!

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated!
post #1578 of 1580
Thanks for the latest beta version works great. a doubt. The custom colors only activating through the tray can be used? You could not just put the option to change the colors in options / OSDRTSS without activating the tray or graphics? thanks
post #1579 of 1580
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adobepro View Post

Hi, I'm getting this too...odd results.




My system
Gigabyte X99-UD3P
6800K, at 3.8GHz and Turbo 4GHz on all cores. Everything Auto Except CPU VRIN Loadline Calibration, which I manually set to: Medium**

My Max VCORE was 2.2 before, but now when I stress test with CPU-Z, I get a max of 1.56 (The prior 2.2 was when in the BIOS I had Auto for CPU VRIN Loadline Calibration -- I set mine to 3 (medium) not sure if that has something to do with it.

** I set that to medium as I was concerned after searching around, that the BIOS may set it to extreme.

This video explains vdroop, but doesn't really go into the settings LLC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XGhpKHWYAg

It looks like if I set my base clock to 3.8 and Turbo to 4.0, I would need to manually manage the vdroop whedn going from idle to full load, can anyone let me know with Gigabyte X99 boards, for what I'm doing, would medium be ok, and if there's anything else I need to set? Basically, I'd be happy if I can keep it at 3.8GHz default with 4.0 Turbo without an over-voltage peak with vdroop.

According to CPU-Z and Aida64, I fluctuate from 1.272 and .775 (but I think that's based on VID, not VCORE) so I have no idea what VCORE is. I used the GB App center, it's "stuck" on 1.267 and never moves no matter what I do. My VRIN is at 1.9...the clocks info on my CPU from the GB app show 0. I can't seem to find anything accurate!

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated!

On Haswell-based systems it's difficult to measure correct Vcore, most probably due to the FIVR.
On some systems this works only when not in idle states. So some tools (and BIOSes) report VID instead of Vcore, some others report measured Vcore only if >0.5V, otherwise they report VID.
post #1580 of 1580
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caos View Post

Thanks for the latest beta version works great. a doubt. The custom colors only activating through the tray can be used? You could not just put the option to change the colors in options / OSDRTSS without activating the tray or graphics? thanks

Yes, currently a single color is shared between HWiNFO graphs, tray icons and RTSS items. This shall be changed to individual colors in future.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Benchmarks › Benchmarking Software and Discussion › [OFFICIAL] HWiNFO/32/64 Thread