Overclock.net › Forums › Benchmarks › Benchmarking Software and Discussion › [OFFICIAL] HWiNFO/32/64 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] HWiNFO/32/64 Thread - Page 3

post #21 of 1629
Thread Starter 
I have this issue in my to-do list..
post #22 of 1629
Thanks! Use it every day! thumb.gif
System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K @4.5Ghz Asus P9X79 LE Zotac GTX 1080 AMP G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 4x4GB 2400Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 3TB LG WH14NS40 BD Rewriter Samsung SH-S223Q 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 x64 Enterprise Samsung UN43KU7500 43" Curved 4K LCD Motospeed Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec HCP 1200 Watt CM HAF922 Sharkk 16K DPI Laser Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K @4.5Ghz Asus P9X79 LE Zotac GTX 1080 AMP G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 4x4GB 2400Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 3TB LG WH14NS40 BD Rewriter Samsung SH-S223Q 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 x64 Enterprise Samsung UN43KU7500 43" Curved 4K LCD Motospeed Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec HCP 1200 Watt CM HAF922 Sharkk 16K DPI Laser Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 1629
Like the program a lot. But can someone help me with something I can't understand. In sensor mode, one of the first things listed is:
Core #0 VID ... Core #3 VID. This value goes from 1.001V to 1.401V, depending on the clock speed and voltage. But it does not really match the Vcore set at the bios.
If I enable LLC, idle Vcore stays for example at 1.344V, but Core VID drops to 1.004V on all cores.
With LLC disabled and voltage offset enabled, idle Vcore is 0.960V, Core VID is 1.004V.
Same thing happens with another system with an AMD processor.

So, what is core vid, and should I care more about this value when overclocking?
With my 2600K, under load, I can see the Vcore at 1.32V and core VID at 1.365V.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @4.5Ghz (1.32v) Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 Gigabyte 7970 Ghz @1150Mhz (1.126v) Mushkin Blackline 8GB 1600 1.35V 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 x Vertex 3 120GB MI RAID0 Seagate 3TB Optiarc AD-7260S Thermalright Silver Arrow 
MonitorPowerCase
Shimian QH270 2560x1440 Thermaltake Toughpower 750W CM Storm Sniper Black 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @4.5Ghz (1.32v) Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 Gigabyte 7970 Ghz @1150Mhz (1.126v) Mushkin Blackline 8GB 1600 1.35V 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 x Vertex 3 120GB MI RAID0 Seagate 3TB Optiarc AD-7260S Thermalright Silver Arrow 
MonitorPowerCase
Shimian QH270 2560x1440 Thermaltake Toughpower 750W CM Storm Sniper Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 1629
Love this program and have been using for awhile now. Thought you might be interested to know that anandtech mentions using it to log cpu and gpu speeds recently and since anandtech are god (IMHO) in testing I would take that as high praise smile.gif

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5878/mobile-ivy-bridge-hd-4000-investigation-realtime-igpu-clocks-on-ulv-vs-quadcore

Keep up the good work!
post #25 of 1629
Thread Starter 
The VID value reported is the voltage level which the CPU requests from Voltage Regulator (VR). Vcore on the other hand is the real measured CPU voltage, so you should more care about the Vcore value. If your mainboard features a Digital PWM VR, then HWiNFO should be able to report value measured/reported straight by the VR too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-117 View Post

Like the program a lot. But can someone help me with something I can't understand. In sensor mode, one of the first things listed is:
Core #0 VID ... Core #3 VID. This value goes from 1.001V to 1.401V, depending on the clock speed and voltage. But it does not really match the Vcore set at the bios.
If I enable LLC, idle Vcore stays for example at 1.344V, but Core VID drops to 1.004V on all cores.
With LLC disabled and voltage offset enabled, idle Vcore is 0.960V, Core VID is 1.004V.
Same thing happens with another system with an AMD processor.
So, what is core vid, and should I care more about this value when overclocking?
With my 2600K, under load, I can see the Vcore at 1.32V and core VID at 1.365V.

Edited by Mumak - 6/1/12 at 6:00am
post #26 of 1629
Thread Starter 
No, I didn't know that smile.gif
Thanks for the info. I'm working hard to improve HWiNFO every day wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbazooka View Post

Love this program and have been using for awhile now. Thought you might be interested to know that anandtech mentions using it to log cpu and gpu speeds recently and since anandtech are god (IMHO) in testing I would take that as high praise smile.gif
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5878/mobile-ivy-bridge-hd-4000-investigation-realtime-igpu-clocks-on-ulv-vs-quadcore
Keep up the good work!
post #27 of 1629
Nice to find this thread,i'm also a big fan of your software.
I do have the slowdown bug in the RAGE engine,i noticed it in GTA IV and now Max Payne 3 too.
Metsys
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K 4.6 Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 MSI GTX 970 4G Corsair Vengeance LP White 8GB 1600 1.35 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Blue 1TB EZEX WD 1TB Black FAEX Samsung 850 EVO Scythe Mugen 2 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 8  Dell U2412M Corsair VX550 AP15 Antec P280 
MouseAudioAudio
Logitech G400 Yamaha RX-V365 Wharfedale Valdus 500 fronts 
  hide details  
Reply
Metsys
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K 4.6 Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 MSI GTX 970 4G Corsair Vengeance LP White 8GB 1600 1.35 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Blue 1TB EZEX WD 1TB Black FAEX Samsung 850 EVO Scythe Mugen 2 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 8  Dell U2412M Corsair VX550 AP15 Antec P280 
MouseAudioAudio
Logitech G400 Yamaha RX-V365 Wharfedale Valdus 500 fronts 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 1629
Thread Starter 
Try to disable sensors (right-click and Disable Monitoring). Some of them might cause a higher load or latency, especially the EC and SMART ones. More info here: http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-IMPORTANT-Known-Issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafour View Post

Nice to find this thread,i'm also a big fan of your software.
I do have the slowdown bug in the RAGE engine,i noticed it in GTA IV and now Max Payne 3 too.
post #29 of 1629
Thread Starter 
HWiNFOMonitor v1.0 released !

HWiNFOMonitor is an advanced Sidebar Gadget which allows to display and monitor any HWiNFO sensor data.
It's fully customizable and can display values in text, graphs or bars. SideShow is supported as well.

HWiNFOMonitor100x100.png

Download HERE
post #30 of 1629
Thanks man!

I'll try it when i get back home!

thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Benchmarks › Benchmarking Software and Discussion › [OFFICIAL] HWiNFO/32/64 Thread