Overclock.net › Forums › Benchmarks › Benchmarking Software and Discussion › [OFFICIAL] HWiNFO/32/64 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] HWiNFO/32/64 Thread - Page 6

post #51 of 1712
Thread Starter 
No problem smile.gif Open the Configure screen of HWiNFO / Sensors. Then select the sensor value you want to watch and on which you want to base the alert. Enable alerting for this value, choose the threshold and enable "Run a Program". Then choose the program you want to run - in your case it's the "shutdown.exe" which can be located in the "C:\WINDOWS\system32\" folder. Then put the argument (in your case "-s -t 0") into the Program Arguments field. That should be it smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post

I'm not sure I follow exactly how to do that.

In CMD I can type in -shutdown -s and it'll say "windows will shut down in a minute". If I type in "-shutdown -s -t 0" it'll shut down immediately. I'm not sure how to make that an application to be run by hwinfo.

I feel like an idiot asking this. I searched, i'm not really sure what i'm searching for though. how to shutdown through command, doesnt say how to list it as a program :X If I type 'shutdown.exe' in searchm, i find i get a pop-up saying "RTShutdown" and then I hit it, it says "Realtemp alarm window" something and it shuts down but not immediately, takes a second.
post #52 of 1712
Is there a way to get it to show my VRAM temps? They won't show up in any program..
post #53 of 1712
Thread Starter 
This is only possible if the GPU has a sensor measuring this. Since you say no program displays such values, I believe your GPU doesn't have such sensor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sKratch View Post

Is there a way to get it to show my VRAM temps? They won't show up in any program..
post #54 of 1712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumak View Post

This is only possible if the GPU has a sensor measuring this. Since you say no program displays such values, I believe your GPU doesn't have such sensor.

So it's true, only som 7970's have a VRAM thermal node.
post #55 of 1712
Thread Starter 
Not just 7970, some others too, but mostly the high-end models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sKratch View Post

So it's true, only som 7970's have a VRAM thermal node.
post #56 of 1712
Hi Mumak, still using your prog, still love it!!!

One little thing...my GTX580 gone south and for the time being i use a Sapphire HD5450. The problem is that when i start HWInfo it scans 40 or so sensors of the HD5450 and it takes a lot of time to open eventually (i always set your prog start automatically at windows boot, the only exception is now with the bloody HD5450).

Is there any way to make HWInfo not to bother with the HD5450? I have already disabled monitoring of the HD5450 but that didn't take care of my prob.

Thanks in advance! thumb.gif
post #57 of 1712
Thread Starter 
Indeed, the long startup time is because HWiNFO is scanning the GPU I2C bus to check if there are any additional I2C sensors. However, only certain (mostly high-end) GPUs have such sensors (like ADT, MAX, CHL, UPI, etc). So in your case I suggest to disable the entire "GPU I2C Support" in HWiNFO / Configure / SMBus/I2C tab. That will considerably speed-up the starting time wink.gif

For those whose GPUs might have such additional I2C sensors and want to improve the start-up time, they might use the "GPU I2C Bus Exclusion" boxes to disable certain GPU I2C buses. Since it's not possible to make a general recommendation on which buses to disable, I suggest to try possible combination and disable those which don't cause loosing those additional GPU sensors.

Note, that selecting all boxes in "GPU I2C Bus Exclusion" is same to disabling the entire GPU I2C Support.

I hope this is not too complicated, just let me know if you have any questions wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by fommof View Post

Hi Mumak, still using your prog, still love it!!!

One little thing...my GTX580 gone south and for the time being i use a Sapphire HD5450. The problem is that when i start HWInfo it scans 40 or so sensors of the HD5450 and it takes a lot of time to open eventually (i always set your prog start automatically at windows boot, the only exception is now with the bloody HD5450).

Is there any way to make HWInfo not to bother with the HD5450? I have already disabled monitoring of the HD5450 but that didn't take care of my prob.

Thanks in advance! thumb.gif
post #58 of 1712
Thank you very much sir! thumb.gif
post #59 of 1712
Mister Mumak, just downloaded the latest non-beta version...GREAT stuff!!! I love the addition of the "Average" column at the Sensors panel. thumb.gif

Maybe at some future version you could add a Runtime field that would show for how many days/hours/minutes/seconds the HWinfo is running? (CoreTemp style, lol)

By having a way to show the runtime of the HWinfo, the average values becomes even more meaningful and it's handy when you screen-capture the HWinfo... wink.gif

EXCELLENT work as always!!! thumb.gif
post #60 of 1712
Quote:
Originally Posted by fommof View Post

Maybe at some future version you could add a Runtime field that would show for how many days/hours/minutes/seconds the HWinfo is running? (CoreTemp style, lol)

For instance, 3 possible locations... wink.gif



thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Benchmarks › Benchmarking Software and Discussion › [OFFICIAL] HWiNFO/32/64 Thread