Originally Posted by Hukkel
You do understand you are making a fool of yourself acting like that right?
Again because you haven't read my or anyone elses reply in this thread;
- it has not been confirmed that it will use a hd6xxx card, most rumours are pointing at a hd7xxx series which have a far lower power usage;
-no one has said it will use a hd6970;
- you do understand that the cards in a console aren't the same as in a pc right? That they only use the actual gpu and even that is adjusted? So the power usage isn't as big as the pc equivalent;
- due to a game being optimised like crazy for that piece of hardware a console doesn't need a hd6970 to get quality graphics.
That my friend is called common sense.
- Multiple sources are claiming a 6670.
- If you actually use google you'll see that the 7670 is nothing but a re-badged 6670 so power consumption will be the same.
- PS3's RSX graphics card was IDENTICAL
to the PC version, it just had a smaller memory bus to help get yields up.
- And as I've said any one that think low level coding doubles or even triples a cards power is an idiot, an 8800GT is ~2-2.5x faster then PS3's RSX and can run any console port at consoles settings with higher frame rates, higher resolution and with higher IQ despite the huge optimisations that go into PS3 games.
And many people are forgetting that most games now do all the lighting, Z-culling, AA and loads of other tasks on the Cell processor giving the false impression that RSX is actually a decent chip, in reality it's a very poor GPU.
PS4 will not have Cell so it will be fully dependant on the GPU.