Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › How to: 680 overclocking fundamentals
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to: 680 overclocking fundamentals - Page 12

post #111 of 125
does anyone have any tips regarding overclocking these cards on water?

Ihe highest I've had my EVGA 680 Superclock signature pass 3Dmark11 at is with power 130%, core offset at 97, no memory offset and it doesn't get any hotter than 33c. I think the highest the core got to was around 1260-70. Any more on the core offset and it crashes.

Have i reached the max this card will do or is there something else i can try? The voltage adjustment settings don't seem to do anything as the max voltage goes up to 1.175 already, and i'm assuming that this is from setting the power target to full.
Harry MkV
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3820 Gigabyte G1 Assassin 2 EVGA GTX 680 Superclock Signature  G.Skill Ripjaws 2000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 2 120 SSD + 3TB of HDDs Radiators: XPSC RASA RX240, Black Ice SR1 240, ... Mobo Cooling: 2 x Koolance MVR-40 (MB VReg), EK NB Heatkiller GPU-X³ GTX 680 LT 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
2 x Swiftech MCP355 12V Pump CPU: XSPC Rasa Windows 7 Pro 64bit ASUS VG236H 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
CoolerMaster 700w Silent Pro HAF922 Razer Death Adder Plantronics GameCom 777 
  hide details  
Reply
Harry MkV
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3820 Gigabyte G1 Assassin 2 EVGA GTX 680 Superclock Signature  G.Skill Ripjaws 2000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 2 120 SSD + 3TB of HDDs Radiators: XPSC RASA RX240, Black Ice SR1 240, ... Mobo Cooling: 2 x Koolance MVR-40 (MB VReg), EK NB Heatkiller GPU-X³ GTX 680 LT 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
2 x Swiftech MCP355 12V Pump CPU: XSPC Rasa Windows 7 Pro 64bit ASUS VG236H 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
CoolerMaster 700w Silent Pro HAF922 Razer Death Adder Plantronics GameCom 777 
  hide details  
Reply
post #112 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by spud84 View Post

does anyone have any tips regarding overclocking these cards on water?
Ihe highest I've had my EVGA 680 Superclock signature pass 3Dmark11 at is with power 130%, core offset at 97, no memory offset and it doesn't get any hotter than 33c. I think the highest the core got to was around 1260-70. Any more on the core offset and it crashes.
Have i reached the max this card will do or is there something else i can try? The voltage adjustment settings don't seem to do anything as the max voltage goes up to 1.175 already, and i'm assuming that this is from setting the power target to full.

Try doing a reinstall of the latest 301.42 driver and choose customized option and select 'clean install'. Sometimes after a hard crash it seems a re-set of drivers are needed and might fix your problem.

After some over clock searching of my own and crashing I had a similar thing happen where even at stock clocks drivers would fail when just surfing net or streaming video. I did a reinstall and it no longer did it. Just a try.

Also after a drivers failure or crash it's important you bring back your default clock values and apply them. Then it's ok to re-set the over clock. I found when I didn't reset to default values after a black screen or drivers failure crash I no longer got stable over clocking of any kind. A reset back to default after every crash and re-apply over clocks seems to be key.

Good luck.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #113 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Try doing a reinstall of the latest 301.42 driver and choose customized option and select 'clean install'. Sometimes after a hard crash it seems a re-set of drivers are needed and might fix your problem.
After some over clock searching of my own and crashing I had a similar thing happen where even at stock clocks drivers would fail when just surfing net or streaming video. I did a reinstall and it no longer did it. Just a try.
Also after a drivers failure or crash it's important you bring back your default clock values and apply them. Then it's ok to re-set the over clock. I found when I didn't reset to default values after a black screen or drivers failure crash I no longer got stable over clocking of any kind. A reset back to default after every crash and re-apply over clocks seems to be key.
Good luck.

Thanks a lot, i'll try that tonight.
Harry MkV
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3820 Gigabyte G1 Assassin 2 EVGA GTX 680 Superclock Signature  G.Skill Ripjaws 2000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 2 120 SSD + 3TB of HDDs Radiators: XPSC RASA RX240, Black Ice SR1 240, ... Mobo Cooling: 2 x Koolance MVR-40 (MB VReg), EK NB Heatkiller GPU-X³ GTX 680 LT 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
2 x Swiftech MCP355 12V Pump CPU: XSPC Rasa Windows 7 Pro 64bit ASUS VG236H 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
CoolerMaster 700w Silent Pro HAF922 Razer Death Adder Plantronics GameCom 777 
  hide details  
Reply
Harry MkV
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3820 Gigabyte G1 Assassin 2 EVGA GTX 680 Superclock Signature  G.Skill Ripjaws 2000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 2 120 SSD + 3TB of HDDs Radiators: XPSC RASA RX240, Black Ice SR1 240, ... Mobo Cooling: 2 x Koolance MVR-40 (MB VReg), EK NB Heatkiller GPU-X³ GTX 680 LT 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
2 x Swiftech MCP355 12V Pump CPU: XSPC Rasa Windows 7 Pro 64bit ASUS VG236H 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
CoolerMaster 700w Silent Pro HAF922 Razer Death Adder Plantronics GameCom 777 
  hide details  
Reply
post #114 of 125
hello guys, this is my baby, i sold my gtx 580´s in sli, i kinda happy, no need that power now..
Very happy so far with bf3, on ultra setting and maxout the AA i got soli 66/72 fps avg (1080p)






My OC is crap
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
post #115 of 125
This thread still active? Doesn't seem so frown.gif
post #116 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlix View Post

This thread still active? Doesn't seem so frown.gif

Nope, looks dead to me. Still not 'that' impressed with the GTX 680 overall for the price to be honest. I still play a lot of BF3 and I run everything on low to maintain 120fps at 1680x1050 with some slight dips below 120 at 1920x1080. Hope the 700 series is better, but $600+ is a little steep for me right now.
Firebird
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Maximus Gene V eVGA GTX680 SC2 Vengeance 16GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB Blu-Ray Burner Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron W2361VG 2ms  Razer Lycosa Antec Gamer Series 900W Coolermaster Elite 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Lachesis Razer Exactmat Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Firebird
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Maximus Gene V eVGA GTX680 SC2 Vengeance 16GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB Blu-Ray Burner Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron W2361VG 2ms  Razer Lycosa Antec Gamer Series 900W Coolermaster Elite 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Lachesis Razer Exactmat Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #117 of 125
so youre killing eye candy to maintain a framerate that your eyes cant even perceive... sounds logical
post #118 of 125
Thread Starter 
I knew this thread looked familiar! Back from the dead haha. Feel free to try the owners club if you have a question Qlix, threads like this tend to fall off once the basic information becomes common knowledge thumb.gif

Cheers~
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
post #119 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlix View Post

so youre killing eye candy to maintain a framerate that your eyes cant even perceive... sounds logical

Really? Your eyes can't perceive 120fps? We only 'register' roughly 30, but video is smoothed out at 120fps so we have a higher chance of perceiving and object in one of those frames. I notice a huge difference between 60 and 120. I feel like the screen is stuttering at 60fps, although my monitor only supports that at 1080p. I'd rather deal with tearing than stuttering any day.
Firebird
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Maximus Gene V eVGA GTX680 SC2 Vengeance 16GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB Blu-Ray Burner Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron W2361VG 2ms  Razer Lycosa Antec Gamer Series 900W Coolermaster Elite 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Lachesis Razer Exactmat Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Firebird
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Maximus Gene V eVGA GTX680 SC2 Vengeance 16GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB Blu-Ray Burner Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron W2361VG 2ms  Razer Lycosa Antec Gamer Series 900W Coolermaster Elite 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Lachesis Razer Exactmat Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #120 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWS6 View Post


Really? Your eyes can't perceive 120fps? We only 'register' roughly 30, but video is smoothed out at 120fps so we have a higher chance of perceiving and object in one of those frames. I notice a huge difference between 60 and 120. I feel like the screen is stuttering at 60fps, although my monitor only supports that at 1080p. I'd rather deal with tearing than stuttering any day.

This kinda makes me glad I've never tried a 120Hz LCD (heard other people claim this you speak of here) yessir.gif I've always used 60Hz LCD's and all feel smooth for me when I'm at 60FPS. If I dip much below Vsync it feels like stutter. So I'm sure if I try a 120Hz LCD I will never want 60Hz LCD again. This in turn will just make me struggle to keep 120FPS in every game.

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › How to: 680 overclocking fundamentals