How did I just
stumble upon this thread? So glad it popped up on the "Latest Discussions" or I would have never looked for/found it.
I've had my H80 now for a couple months and it's been giving off the ol' "HDD" sound now for about a month. After days trying to figure out what was making the sound (checked all my fans/HDD's/GPU's) I naively overlooked the H80, until I stuck my head in the case (800D sooo roomy
). As much as it annoyed me (it's the loudest noise from my case), I just assumed it was normal. I decided to go with the H80 because my previous H50 was like a powerhouse and quiet to boot, so i was a disappointed that it was this loud. Although, wish I went 100 as the 80 was originally intended to go with an 1155 build that ended up being a 2011 and it's a little close for comfort on my Dominator's.
So my question is this: at this point, should I RMA or wait for official word for possible fix? Just curious since I'm running a 2011 build and my H80 is the only cooler I have for it. So when/if I RMA it, I'll be without a computer for the duration. As much as I think the user "fix" is ingenious, I'd rather have an official fix (no offense.)
Also (for CorsairGeorge) If I do RMA it, is there any chance I could exchange it for an H100 for the MSRP difference? Sorry if that's a stupid question, but better to ask just in case and obviously alright if I can't.
Glad to see Corsair is on it and this doesn't effect my feelings towards their products as after all the stuff I've purchased and owned from them, this is the first issue. So looking forward to a resolution, hopefully sooner rather than later.