Originally Posted by plexxos
Hey everyone! Thank you so much in advance for taking the time in reading and for the advice,tips!
I'm looking for a gaming computer/ gaming laptop which is state of the art for the money I'll put in. the computer can either be pre-built or just separate parts put together and actually work together. Another option is a pre-built laptop for around 2000-3000$. I would like to be able to run high-end games such as crysis 2, swtor, diablo 3, rift and other upcoming games all on the best possible graphics and will run very smoothly. I understand that computers are becoming better and better but a computer/laptop that will last a for awhile and won't break down would be awesome. Computer skills 2/10:
I'm still new to this whole concept of building a computer or even knowing what does what.key parts: monitor, tower/laptop, mouse, keyboard, mouse pad.Goal and needs:
- budget of 2000-3000$ applies to all features and costs of shipment, taxes, mouse, keyboard, monitor etc...
- able to run high end games on best possible quality smoothly.
- not looking to upgrade too often.
- very fast.
- power supply needed to run computer and a few other light things.
- gaming keyboard (quiet, comfortable)
- gaming mouse and mouse pad ( quiet, comfortable)
- monitor which functions best with tower and other applications.
- best cooling methods but is not hard to set up.
- If it would be worth purchasing a brand name or pre-built laptop/desktop with warranty
- location or sites to purchase parts or rig from (I'm from Canada, Ontario)
- overclocking: no.
- system usage from most important to least: high-end games, surfing web, movies.
- nice looking case
-approximate purchase date: Mid July- August 2012.
- will pay little more for rig if it is highly worth it.
- required cables or other things to function properly.
I'm not so knowledgeable on what parts are better and how to run it or the abbreviations used to communicate with, so user friendly responses are appreciated and thank you so much in advance for taking the time in reading and commenting.