Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Linux, Unix › echo "The `uname` Club" (NEW POLL)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

echo "The `uname` Club" (NEW POLL) - Page 244

Poll Results: How long have you been using your current, main installation?

 
  • 24% (50)
    less then a month
  • 23% (47)
    less then six months
  • 14% (30)
    less then a year
  • 24% (49)
    less then three years
  • 13% (27)
    three years+
203 Total Votes  
post #2431 of 4043
@enorbet2, @CaptainBlame have you two been crafting websites? -> http://boycottsystemd.org/
post #2432 of 4043
So I just realized my AUR packages I installed don't update automatically, what's the best way to keep them up to date? I am on Arch and have just followed the wiki on how to install packages from AUR. I was looking into yaourt but not sure I want to totally change from pacman.
post #2433 of 4043
Yaourt is not a total change from pacman. It is a pacman wrapper, you use yaourt exactly as you would pacman with the addition of the aur flag for updating ( yaourt -Syua ).
post #2434 of 4043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrak View Post

Yaourt is not a total change from pacman. It is a pacman wrapper, you use yaourt exactly as you would pacman with the addition of the aur flag for updating ( yaourt -Syua ).

So do most people just use yaourt then? I'll have to check it out, the wiki makes it sound like it didn't really recommend it calling it an unofficial third party script.
post #2435 of 4043
It is unofficial, all of the packages in the aur are. That's why it's called the Arch -USER- Repository. It's made for packages made by or hacked / patched by users.
post #2436 of 4043
Alright thanks Shrak, I'll check it out.
post #2437 of 4043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan9 View Post

@enorbet2, @CaptainBlame have you two been crafting websites? -> http://boycottsystemd.org/

Roflmao! No. I was actually unaware of that site which is odd as I do regular searches for "systemd" and CoreOS" news. so thanks, even though it's rather naive and funny. I seriously doubt anyone is going to change their distro until more damage is done. Convenience has become King, after all. However I am curious about the glaring non-mention of Gentoo and LFS. Maybe this person is just a ranter with money who can afford to indulge his ire. It does make me chuckle when I see how rabidly some of us support something as inconsequential as a distro. Thanks for the giggle as well as the new "wallpaper" for my dartboard. biggrin.gif
NewMain
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 - 3550 Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Evga GTX 1070Ti  4x2GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate SATA 2TB x 2  Plextor PX-891SAW CM-Hyper N520 Slackware 14.2 MultiLib, Slackware 14.0 32 bit,... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
32" Vizio HDTV + DLP Logitech Wireless Corsair HX-850 Antec Sonata I 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Razer DeathAdder 2013 dual ESI Juli@ CoolGear ExtSata Enclosure w/ Optical and 3TB S... 
  hide details  
Reply
NewMain
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 - 3550 Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Evga GTX 1070Ti  4x2GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate SATA 2TB x 2  Plextor PX-891SAW CM-Hyper N520 Slackware 14.2 MultiLib, Slackware 14.0 32 bit,... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
32" Vizio HDTV + DLP Logitech Wireless Corsair HX-850 Antec Sonata I 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Razer DeathAdder 2013 dual ESI Juli@ CoolGear ExtSata Enclosure w/ Optical and 3TB S... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2438 of 4043
Quote:
Originally Posted by enorbet2 View Post

Roflmao! No. I was actually unaware of that site which is odd as I do regular searches for "systemd" and CoreOS" news. so thanks, even though it's rather naive and funny. I seriously doubt anyone is going to change their distro until more damage is done. Convenience has become King, after all. However I am curious about the glaring non-mention of Gentoo and LFS. Maybe this person is just a ranter with money who can afford to indulge his ire. It does make me chuckle when I see how rabidly some of us support something as inconsequential as a distro. Thanks for the giggle as well as the new "wallpaper" for my dartboard. biggrin.gif

hehe no problem smile.gif
post #2439 of 4043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan9 View Post

http://boycottsystemd.org/
I don't see the point? These are just the same things every critic has brought up countless times already. They are very late to the party. The only reason to set up an entire website against systemd at this point is if you have something new and important to add.
post #2440 of 4043
My only complaint is it was writtin by Lennart Poettering.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Linux, Unix
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Linux, Unix › echo "The `uname` Club" (NEW POLL)