Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Gamespot] Ea named worst company in America by Consumerist
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Gamespot] Ea named worst company in America by Consumerist - Page 15

post #141 of 275
This will be swept under the rug soon enough and a nice comfy sofa for the investors (paid for by loyal customers) will be placed over it.
The Core
(5 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 Z77 Extreme4 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 
RAM
32GB 
  hide details  
Reply
The Core
(5 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 Z77 Extreme4 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 
RAM
32GB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #142 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

So true. How many EA, MW and [insert thing here] boycotts have we seen over the years? They always end up with loads of people buying them. Like half the boycott MW2 group on STeam playing the game (where's that screenshot when you need it?)
Still, the company's "worst company" poll has had some corkers over the years. Halliburton, AIG, BP and Comcast. It's something they do each year. I did a search and there wasn't a big hoorah over it on OCN last year. Strange. Mind you, the company voted for it wasn't anything to do with gaming... though in 2010 it was Comcast - that's tech related. I dunno. Perhaps some folk on the site are just kicking up a fuss because it's one of their favoured companies and flavouring the taste of it with indignation because "it's not exactly representitive of the whole US" and trying to pass it off with legitimacy when it's fairly obvious they've been scorned in some personal way.

That screenshot gets me every time. tongue.gif I think OCN or social communities like this didn't make a big fuss about the earlier 'winners' like AIG or BP before because it really didn't directly affect what they had done recently. EA, on the other hand, caught a lot of flak for their DRM, support, and most recently, Mass Effect 3. When it's an online poll that is heavily influenced by voters that can voice their opinions en masse, something like this is almost bound to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

The "sheeple" argument is evidenced by simply reading the first few posts in this thread.
Many people have shown that they truly believe that such an obviously trash poll is something EA should definately take seriously.
It's however probably not as obvious to them due to the sheep mentality that you mentioned.

EA has already shown that they literally do not give two s***s about this poll. They know it won't get any big publicity (other than some upset gamers constantly referencing "... but remember they won that crappy award?!") and they won't have to put much PR into 'fixing' the situation. For some odd reason, though, people still think a poll that has had a record of accomplishing nothing will suddenly cause a company to reform their philosophies and business practices just because some peeved players dislike them.

I think Alex Navarro from Giant Bomb sums up the situation pretty well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantbomb.com 
Considering that EA has been at the forefront of a particularly nasty bit of Internet vitriol regarding Mass Effect 3 in the last month or so, it's not so surprising that voters came out in droves to express their displeasure via this outlet. Unfortunately, in doing so, they managed to put EA up on a pedestal over a company that has literally illegally foreclosed on people's homes. Repeatedly. So, hey, great job Internet.
The Fortress
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0 GHz 1.28V Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB 850MHz Core, 4800MH... Kingston 6GB 1528MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233Hbd 23" 1080p Logitech Illuminated Keyboard BFG GS-650 Silverstone FT01 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Cloth Pad Philips 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
The Fortress
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0 GHz 1.28V Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB 850MHz Core, 4800MH... Kingston 6GB 1528MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233Hbd 23" 1080p Logitech Illuminated Keyboard BFG GS-650 Silverstone FT01 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Cloth Pad Philips 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #143 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

What he's been discussing has nothing to do with EA. He's pointing out how this poll is flawed and doesn't mean squat. Which he is right.. Whether you like EA or not, this poll is worthless.
And excuse us for actually using our brains instead of blindly hating on things just because everyone else hates on it.

What? He has a hard on for EA. It's very obvious. Trashing the validity of the poll is just a strawman argument - stand in for being scorned that it was EA the readers of that site chose. It's something that doesn't even come into question ever. I don't personally care if people hate blindly on EA. People around here hate blindly on a lot of things. As such is life and the world in large.

I feel entirely validated because I saw the title and thought "I'll bet GrizzleBoy is posting, saving EA" and sure enough he's here arguing the poll is stupid and giving everyone 4 point posts, underlined text and font size changes. He's seriously into this "debate". Which is fine and that's his prerogative, but at least admit it. I've never seen Funkspot deny loving Valve rolleyes.gif
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #144 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

I've been purposely ignoring his personal jibes at me for a few pages now.
I think it's best to just leave it.

Jibes? Seriously, dude. Seriously. 18
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #145 of 275
I don't care, BF3 is so much fun.
Main rig.
(15 items)
 
 
AMD Rig.
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.4ghz MSI Z87 G45 EVGA GTX 570 SLI  Crucial Ballstix Tactical Tracer 8gb 1866mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128gb x2 in raid 0 & 1tb storage Corsair h100i  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus VG278HE / AOC 917SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair k90 Antec Gamer 900watt Silverstone Raven RV02 Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
XTRAC PADS Ripper XXL Asus Xonar DX with sennheiser pc 350 SE 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2630QM GTX 570M 1.536MB 6GB DDR3 1333mhz Dual Channel 64gb M4 crucial SSD & 750gb 7200rpm HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitor
Combo Dual Layer SuperMulti DVDRW/CDRW Drive Windows 7 64bit Ultimate. 1920 x 1080 17.3inch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 920 Biostar TA790gx 128m ATI Sapphire 5870 1gb DDR2 800 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
1tb spinpoint. 1 blueray. Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Corsair TX650 
CaseMouse
Custom CM storm sniper. MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
Main rig.
(15 items)
 
 
AMD Rig.
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.4ghz MSI Z87 G45 EVGA GTX 570 SLI  Crucial Ballstix Tactical Tracer 8gb 1866mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128gb x2 in raid 0 & 1tb storage Corsair h100i  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus VG278HE / AOC 917SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair k90 Antec Gamer 900watt Silverstone Raven RV02 Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
XTRAC PADS Ripper XXL Asus Xonar DX with sennheiser pc 350 SE 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2630QM GTX 570M 1.536MB 6GB DDR3 1333mhz Dual Channel 64gb M4 crucial SSD & 750gb 7200rpm HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitor
Combo Dual Layer SuperMulti DVDRW/CDRW Drive Windows 7 64bit Ultimate. 1920 x 1080 17.3inch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 920 Biostar TA790gx 128m ATI Sapphire 5870 1gb DDR2 800 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
1tb spinpoint. 1 blueray. Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Corsair TX650 
CaseMouse
Custom CM storm sniper. MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #146 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitsoldier View Post

That screenshot gets me every time. tongue.gif I think OCN or social communities like this didn't make a big fuss about the earlier 'winners' like AIG or BP before because it really didn't directly affect what they had done recently. EA, on the other hand, caught a lot of flak for their DRM, support, and most recently, Mass Effect 3. When it's an online poll that is heavily influenced by voters that can voice their opinions en masse, something like this is almost bound to happen.
EA has already shown that they literally do not give two s***s about this poll. They know it won't get any big publicity (other than some upset gamers constantly referencing "... but remember they won that crappy award?!") and they won't have to put much PR into 'fixing' the situation. For some odd reason, though, people still think a poll that has had a record of accomplishing nothing will suddenly cause a company to reform their philosophies and business practices just because some peeved players dislike them.
I think Alex Navarro from Giant Bomb sums up the situation pretty well:

That pretty much sums it up.

I guess there the "there's no such thing as bad press" argument too.

It's not like Activision are ever in the press for much good these days, but all it seems to do is just get their name out there and they're selling more and more of a game that the whole internet apparently hates every time they release it on their yearly schedule.
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 4/4/12 at 6:25pm
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #147 of 275

lachen.gif

Main Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800x ASUS Prime 370 Pro RX 480 Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro  None Windows 10 Pro HP w19e: 1440x900 | Sony KDL40S-5100 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CMStorm Quick Fire. CM 1050w  Cooler Master Cosmos II Roccat Kone XTD (Optical) 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800x ASUS Prime 370 Pro RX 480 Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro  None Windows 10 Pro HP w19e: 1440x900 | Sony KDL40S-5100 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CMStorm Quick Fire. CM 1050w  Cooler Master Cosmos II Roccat Kone XTD (Optical) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #148 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

That pretty much sums it up.
I guess there the "there's no such thing as bad press" argument too.
It's not like Activision are ever in the press for much good these days, but all it seems to do is just get their name out there and they're selling more and more of a game that the whole internet apparently hates every time they release it on their yearly schedule.

I know, it's like, Activision is, for some reason, making more money when people complain about the new Call of Duty Map Pack for sale and don't understand that complaining about the new Call of Duty Map Pack, featuring new maps and missions, does nothing but good for Activison, publishers of the Call of Duty series with a new Call of Duty coming out this November, which is available for preorder at your local GameStop.

I just don't get it, man.
The Fortress
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0 GHz 1.28V Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB 850MHz Core, 4800MH... Kingston 6GB 1528MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233Hbd 23" 1080p Logitech Illuminated Keyboard BFG GS-650 Silverstone FT01 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Cloth Pad Philips 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
The Fortress
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0 GHz 1.28V Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB 850MHz Core, 4800MH... Kingston 6GB 1528MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233Hbd 23" 1080p Logitech Illuminated Keyboard BFG GS-650 Silverstone FT01 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Cloth Pad Philips 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #149 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

What? He has a hard on for EA. It's very obvious. Trashing the validity of the poll is just a strawman argument - stand in for being scorned that it was EA the readers of that site chose. It's something that doesn't even come into question ever. I don't personally care if people hate blindly on EA. People around here hate blindly on a lot of things. As such is life and the world in large.
I feel entirely validated because I saw the title and thought "I'll bet GrizzleBoy is posting, saving EA" and sure enough he's here arguing the poll is stupid and giving everyone 4 point posts, underlined text and font size changes. He's seriously into this "debate". Which is fine and that's his prerogative, but at least admit it. I've never seen Funkspot deny loving Valve rolleyes.gif

Or he's just using his brain.. which most people here don't do. You obviously just have something against him because defends a company (which he isn't even defending EA, he's pointing out a flawed poll) that most people here hate on blindly. He's one of the few people to give explanations for his reasoning. He always makes a good point. Something tells me that he does it, not because he has a thing for EA, but because people are so often wrong about what they say. EA and BF3 have been hot topics lately which is why you see him a lot, but I've seen him act similar about other topics as well. Is he simply a fanboy of everything he defends?

Look how intent you've been to call Grizzle out. What's with you and trying hard to get someone to admit something that you think is true. Every single post you've made in response to grizzle in this thread has been irrelevant and off-topic.

With that said.. I think I'll ignore you for now on. Sounds like a good plan to me.
post #150 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitsoldier View Post

I know, it's like, Activision is, for some reason, making more money when people complain about the new Call of Duty Map Pack for sale and don't understand that complaining about the new Call of Duty Map Pack, featuring new maps and missions, does nothing but good for Activison, publishers of the Call of Duty series with a new Call of Duty coming out this November, which is available for preorder at your local GameStop.
I just don't get it, man.

Not nearly as bad as the complaining about the 20 free pieces of DLC when you sign up to COD:Elite thing. tongue.gif

Makes you wonder why people go and buy COD nowadays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

Or he's just using his brain.. which most people here don't do. You obviously just have something against him because defends a company (which he isn't even defending EA, he's pointing out a flawed poll) that most people here hate on blindly. He's one of the few people to give explanations for his reasoning. He always makes a good point. Something tells me that he does it, not because he has a thing for EA, but because people are so often wrong about what they say. EA and BF3 have been hot topics lately which is why you see him a lot, but I've seen him act similar about other topics as well. Is he simply a fanboy of everything he defends?
Look how intent you've been to call Grizzle out. What's with you and trying hard to get someone to admit something that you think is true. Every single post you've made in response to grizzle in this thread has been irrelevant and off-topic.
With that said.. I think I'll ignore you for now on. Sounds like a good plan to me.

thumb.gif
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Gamespot] Ea named worst company in America by Consumerist