Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › SteelSeries RAW [sensei]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SteelSeries RAW [sensei] - Page 12

post #111 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragsters View Post

What about getting a xai and a raw?

Actually I find my Xai to be quite fitting for me. The only con I can say about this mouse is that the Steelseries logo wore out after like 3-4 months but that's not such a big problem so I think I'll keep it as it is tongue.gif. But anyway, good idea.
post #112 of 159
The question is, exacly what do you need to do to fit sensei sensor inside the xai.
The overclock mentioned nothing about it, or pictures of doing it.

Tempted to buy a sensei and do it, but want to know exacly what needs to be done, for example the scrollwheel is way bigger on sensei then on the xai, does it fit etc.
post #113 of 159
Looks better like that anyways. I love my Xai smile.gif
post #114 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou View Post

See here.
The mouse still has acceleration. By jitter, do you mean at very high DPI? That is probably not fixed on this mouse by my estimation.

Thanks for that.
If it has acceleration its no good to most of us here so forget about jitters too.
post #115 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiftyKcal View Post

Oh damn. It makes me sad that you need 2 mice to get one that's good rofl. I have the Xai Laser but I don't wanna spend money on getting a Sensei just to get this done. Though I must admit it looks damn nice Oo
idd it's sad that you have to get 2 mice to get one good one. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragsters View Post

What about getting a xai and a raw?
The reason I'm not going use a sensei raw shell, is that from my research I've found out that the xai has superior shell build quality. Seen people mentioning that the xai was made by an older steelseries OEM, which was of better quality and presumably more expensive, hence SS's switch to a cheaper OEM. It matches the fact, that my kinzu v2pro has very slippery rubber(more like hard black painted plastic) on the sides for my dry hands. The raw has the same hard side rubber, but not the xai.
And the reason I'm going to use the sensei internals over the sensei raw internals, is simply the fact that the sensei's internals are better..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivity View Post

The question is, exacly what do you need to do to fit sensei sensor inside the xai.
The overclock mentioned nothing about it, or pictures of doing it.
Tempted to buy a sensei and do it, but want to know exacly what needs to be done, for example the scrollwheel is way bigger on sensei then on the xai, does it fit etc.
Here you go friend:
http://www.darkreavers.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/1216-steelseries-sensei-to-xai-mod/
<3
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Q6600 Asus P5N-E SLI Gainward GTX 570 GLH Corsair TWIN2X PC6400 DDR2 2x2GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-U12F Win7 64 Asus VG248QE Steelseries 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750W Antec Nine Hundred Steelseries Sensei Steelseries SX 
Audio
Sennheiser PC 360 
  hide details  
Reply
<3
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Q6600 Asus P5N-E SLI Gainward GTX 570 GLH Corsair TWIN2X PC6400 DDR2 2x2GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-U12F Win7 64 Asus VG248QE Steelseries 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750W Antec Nine Hundred Steelseries Sensei Steelseries SX 
Audio
Sennheiser PC 360 
  hide details  
Reply
post #116 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIKOmagic View Post

idd it's sad that you have to get 2 mice to get one good one. smile.gif
The reason I'm not going use a sensei raw shell, is that from my research I've found out that the xai has superior shell build quality. Seen people mentioning that the xai was made by an older steelseries OEM, which was of better quality and presumably more expensive, hence SS's switch to a cheaper OEM. It matches the fact, that my kinzu v2pro has very slippery rubber(more like hard black painted plastic) on the sides for my dry hands. The raw has the same hard side rubber, but not the xai.
And the reason I'm going to use the sensei internals over the sensei raw internals, is simply the fact that the sensei's internals are better..
Here you go friend:
http://www.darkreavers.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/1216-steelseries-sensei-to-xai-mod/

Thanks ;> REP!
And yeah I also got a xai and kinzu v2 pro.
The sides on kinzu v2 pro is slippery, 0 grip etc, its the "new" soft rubber ss use.

And its sooooo much worse then my Xai, the grip is just perfect there.
Its sad that they opted to cheap out and reduce quality so much, will most likley buy a sensei now and mod it into the xai shell.
Edited by Nivity - 7/9/12 at 11:40pm
post #117 of 159
Sensei/Sensei FNATIC/Sensei MLG is pretty much an updated Xai using a similar EE design. Materials should all be very similar ignoring the obvious coating change from the Xai.

RAW and Diablo 3 have multiple changes (Not getting into that) and come from a bigger OEM as you've guessed/found out. The Kinzu v2 and Kana are also produced there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIKOmagic View Post

And the reason I'm going to use the sensei internals over the sensei raw internals, is simply the fact that the sensei's internals are better..

They wouldn't fit either.
Edited by Skylit - 7/10/12 at 1:00am
post #118 of 159
So this thread is about the Sensei Raw.

Is it so much worse than the Sensei?
I haven't found any reviews in Europe too. Although this mouse is available for quite some weeks.
mine
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core-i5 2500k Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gainward GTX 470 TeamGroup DDR3-1333 8GB dual channel kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 SSD Sata3 Samsung 830 SSD Sata3 Samsung F4 HDD Sata2 Samsung SH-S223Q DVD Rom 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
selfbuilt water cooling Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit SP1 LG 34UM65 34" 21:9 IPS Filco Majestouch linearR MX-Red tenkeyless mech... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
BeQuiet BQT-E5 500W LianLi PC-B70 big tower Razer Deathadder 2013 Steelseries 4HD 
Audio
Yamaha RX-V467 
  hide details  
Reply
mine
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core-i5 2500k Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gainward GTX 470 TeamGroup DDR3-1333 8GB dual channel kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 SSD Sata3 Samsung 830 SSD Sata3 Samsung F4 HDD Sata2 Samsung SH-S223Q DVD Rom 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
selfbuilt water cooling Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit SP1 LG 34UM65 34" 21:9 IPS Filco Majestouch linearR MX-Red tenkeyless mech... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
BeQuiet BQT-E5 500W LianLi PC-B70 big tower Razer Deathadder 2013 Steelseries 4HD 
Audio
Yamaha RX-V467 
  hide details  
Reply
post #119 of 159
I don't know if I should get the sensei Raw (glossy or rubber) or the original sensei. I could get the sensei for 53€ at amazon warehouse deals with condition very good and for 51€ with condition good. That is significantly cheaper than the 69€ for a new sensei.

Or shoud I get the Raw for 55-60€?
mine
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core-i5 2500k Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gainward GTX 470 TeamGroup DDR3-1333 8GB dual channel kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 SSD Sata3 Samsung 830 SSD Sata3 Samsung F4 HDD Sata2 Samsung SH-S223Q DVD Rom 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
selfbuilt water cooling Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit SP1 LG 34UM65 34" 21:9 IPS Filco Majestouch linearR MX-Red tenkeyless mech... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
BeQuiet BQT-E5 500W LianLi PC-B70 big tower Razer Deathadder 2013 Steelseries 4HD 
Audio
Yamaha RX-V467 
  hide details  
Reply
mine
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core-i5 2500k Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gainward GTX 470 TeamGroup DDR3-1333 8GB dual channel kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 SSD Sata3 Samsung 830 SSD Sata3 Samsung F4 HDD Sata2 Samsung SH-S223Q DVD Rom 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
selfbuilt water cooling Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit SP1 LG 34UM65 34" 21:9 IPS Filco Majestouch linearR MX-Red tenkeyless mech... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
BeQuiet BQT-E5 500W LianLi PC-B70 big tower Razer Deathadder 2013 Steelseries 4HD 
Audio
Yamaha RX-V467 
  hide details  
Reply
post #120 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post

Sensei/Sensei FNATIC/Sensei MLG is pretty much an updated Xai using a similar EE design. Materials should all be very similar ignoring the obvious coating change from the Xai.
RAW and Diablo 3 have multiple changes (Not getting into that) and come from a bigger OEM as you've guessed/found out. The Kinzu v2 and Kana are also produced there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIKOmagic View Post

And the reason I'm going to use the sensei internals over the sensei raw internals, is simply the fact that the sensei's internals are better..
They wouldn't fit either.

Please do enlighten me. smile.gif Would you say that the raw/diablo3 have better EE design?
<3
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Q6600 Asus P5N-E SLI Gainward GTX 570 GLH Corsair TWIN2X PC6400 DDR2 2x2GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-U12F Win7 64 Asus VG248QE Steelseries 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750W Antec Nine Hundred Steelseries Sensei Steelseries SX 
Audio
Sennheiser PC 360 
  hide details  
Reply
<3
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Q6600 Asus P5N-E SLI Gainward GTX 570 GLH Corsair TWIN2X PC6400 DDR2 2x2GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-U12F Win7 64 Asus VG248QE Steelseries 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750W Antec Nine Hundred Steelseries Sensei Steelseries SX 
Audio
Sennheiser PC 360 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › SteelSeries RAW [sensei]