New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First build! - Page 2

post #11 of 76
ive got a list put together for just the rig itself
NZXT Tempest 410: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146081
seagate 500Gb HDD (yeah its expensive but 500GB will take a while to fill up so it should be good for a while) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148701
EVGA 550 Ti http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130625
Corsair builder 600w psu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028
G.skill 8GB DDR3 1600 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428
ASrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271
core i5-2300 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115076
the total comes to about $730 before any shipping (and tax, depending on your location)
This build would probably work great for a while and offers upgradeability later on down the road thumb.gif
post #12 of 76
I know this is OCN and we shun those that don't build their own, but what about

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227392
950
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Asus X58 Sabertooth MSI R6970 Lightning Corsair XMS3 6GB 1600Mhz 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Corsair Vengeance 12GB 2x ST Barracuda Raid 0 Asus, LG Win 7 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ViewSonic 19" HP w2207 NEC APC-H412 Corsair AX-850 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 900 MS Laser 5000 Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
950
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Asus X58 Sabertooth MSI R6970 Lightning Corsair XMS3 6GB 1600Mhz 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Corsair Vengeance 12GB 2x ST Barracuda Raid 0 Asus, LG Win 7 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ViewSonic 19" HP w2207 NEC APC-H412 Corsair AX-850 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 900 MS Laser 5000 Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by avesdude View Post

I know this is OCN and we shun those that don't build their own, but what about
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227392

A bulldozer 4100 and an amd 6670 for 550 dollars? lol... Better to take the time and learn how to build a PC or get someone with the knowledge to build it.
My Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8 GHZ 1.33v  ASUS P8P67 PRO 3.0 Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7950 1000/1575 1.149v 12 GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston 96GB SSD  Caviar Green 1TB storage  Plextor PX-L890 SA 24x DVD-RW Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit IPS Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 24" Logitech G110 Corsair AX1200  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF X Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus Asus Xonar DG 
Audio
JVC HA-RX900  
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8 GHZ 1.33v  ASUS P8P67 PRO 3.0 Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7950 1000/1575 1.149v 12 GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston 96GB SSD  Caviar Green 1TB storage  Plextor PX-L890 SA 24x DVD-RW Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit IPS Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 24" Logitech G110 Corsair AX1200  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF X Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus Asus Xonar DG 
Audio
JVC HA-RX900  
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 76
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis158 View Post

ive got a list put together for just the rig itself
NZXT Tempest 410: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146081
seagate 500Gb HDD (yeah its expensive but 500GB will take a while to fill up so it should be good for a while) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148701
EVGA 550 Ti http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130625
Corsair builder 600w psu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028
G.skill 8GB DDR3 1600 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428
ASrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271
core i5-2300 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115076
the total comes to about $730 before any shipping (and tax, depending on your location)
This build would probably work great for a while and offers upgradeability later on down the road thumb.gif

What would you think about a HAF cooler master instead of the NZXT Tempest?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233
post #15 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis158 View Post

ive got a list put together for just the rig itself
NZXT Tempest 410: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146081
seagate 500Gb HDD (yeah its expensive but 500GB will take a while to fill up so it should be good for a while) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148701
EVGA 550 Ti http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130625
Corsair builder 600w psu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028
G.skill 8GB DDR3 1600 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428
ASrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271
core i5-2300 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115076
the total comes to about $730 before any shipping (and tax, depending on your location)
This build would probably work great for a while and offers upgradeability later on down the road thumb.gif

Why don't you go with a 2500k. Use it on stock speed with a stock cooler for the time being. When you feel that you need more cpu performance, overclock the hell out of it with a custom cooler thumb.gif. It may cost a few extra bucks now but will be more economical down the road when you upgrade.
Elite 130
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k Gigabyte Z87n WiFi Sapphire R7 250 (1250/1450 MHz) Corsair Vengeance (4GB X 2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue 1 TB Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB Noctua NH-L9x65 Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1366x768 Logitech MK240 Seasonic S12g 550 Elite 130 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Steelseries QCK Mass ASUS Xonar U3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 430m Intel HM 55  Ati Radeon 5650 (670/900 Overclocked) 4 GB 1066 Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 500 Gb 5400 RPM DVD RW Drive Windows 7 Home Premium 15.6 inch 1366*768 
  hide details  
Reply
Elite 130
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k Gigabyte Z87n WiFi Sapphire R7 250 (1250/1450 MHz) Corsair Vengeance (4GB X 2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue 1 TB Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB Noctua NH-L9x65 Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1366x768 Logitech MK240 Seasonic S12g 550 Elite 130 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Steelseries QCK Mass ASUS Xonar U3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 430m Intel HM 55  Ati Radeon 5650 (670/900 Overclocked) 4 GB 1066 Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 500 Gb 5400 RPM DVD RW Drive Windows 7 Home Premium 15.6 inch 1366*768 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 76
i3-2100 + 7870 will probably have your best gaming performance. You can try to grab an AMD build. BUT you will get a lesser graphics card, so you will hinder your gaming performance.

Part list permalink

CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor ($99.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock H61M-VS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Wintec One 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($60.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 370 ATX Mid Tower Case ($33.26 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair 430W ATX12V Power Supply ($26.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($18.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $680.17

If you were to go AMD, I would suggest a 960T($125) and a good overclocking motherboard($80) and a good CPU cooler($25). This lowers the amount for you to spend on a better GPU.

The i3 is a great little chip, it will beat a 960T at stock. When the 960T has a slight overclock they will be about the same and when you get an OC to about 4GHz, it will be better. But in order to get that chip to 4GHz you will have to spend more money getting the proper cooler and mobo for it. So spending the extra ~$75 on a better GPU will be more beneficial.
The Sig Rig
(19 items)
 
Wifey Rig
(11 items)
 
Xbox PC
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4.8GHz stable ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 MSI GTX 980 Ti 32GB (4 x 8GB) 1866Mhz Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB Crucial M4 1.5 TB HDD XSPC Raystorm RS360 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Acer 28" 4K Corsair AX750 Corsair 800D SWTOR Razer Naga 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium XSPC RS120 8 x GT AP-15s White Sleeved Cables for Corsair AX750 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3Ghz Asus P5G41T-M LX Plus EVGA GTX 680 2x4 GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500GB WD Black 64 GB Crucial M4 Sony CD/DVD burner H40 w/ GT AP-15s 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Home 64 bit Corsair CX430 APEVIA X-Plorer2 Pink 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G620 Foxconn H67S ITX Intel HD 2000 2 x 4GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
256GB Crucial M4 Old Laptop CD/DVD drive Windows 7 picoPSU-150-XT 
OtherOtherOther
4 x Purple LEDs Power button Tranquility Xbox 360 Skin 
  hide details  
Reply
The Sig Rig
(19 items)
 
Wifey Rig
(11 items)
 
Xbox PC
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4.8GHz stable ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 MSI GTX 980 Ti 32GB (4 x 8GB) 1866Mhz Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB Crucial M4 1.5 TB HDD XSPC Raystorm RS360 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Acer 28" 4K Corsair AX750 Corsair 800D SWTOR Razer Naga 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium XSPC RS120 8 x GT AP-15s White Sleeved Cables for Corsair AX750 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3Ghz Asus P5G41T-M LX Plus EVGA GTX 680 2x4 GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500GB WD Black 64 GB Crucial M4 Sony CD/DVD burner H40 w/ GT AP-15s 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Home 64 bit Corsair CX430 APEVIA X-Plorer2 Pink 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G620 Foxconn H67S ITX Intel HD 2000 2 x 4GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
256GB Crucial M4 Old Laptop CD/DVD drive Windows 7 picoPSU-150-XT 
OtherOtherOther
4 x Purple LEDs Power button Tranquility Xbox 360 Skin 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace View Post

What would you think about a HAF cooler master instead of the NZXT Tempest?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233

i just laid out a base build as something you could work from. you choose what you want thumb.gif i was just giving you an idea wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by akafreak View Post

Why don't you go with a 2500k. Use it on stock speed with a stock cooler for the time being. When you feel that you need more cpu performance, overclock the hell out of it with a custom cooler thumb.gif. It may cost a few extra bucks now but will be more economical down the road when you upgrade.

he would have to cut something else to stay within that $700 budget. i already trimmed that as much as i could while still showing a decent system.
post #18 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman517 View Post

i3-2100 + 7870 will probably have your best gaming performance. You can try to grab an AMD build. BUT you will get a lesser graphics card, so you will hinder your gaming performance.
Part list permalink
CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor ($99.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock H61M-VS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Wintec One 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($60.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 370 ATX Mid Tower Case ($33.26 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair 430W ATX12V Power Supply ($26.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($18.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $680.17
If you were to go AMD, I would suggest a 960T($125) and a good overclocking motherboard($80) and a good CPU cooler($25). This lowers the amount for you to spend on a better GPU.
The i3 is a great little chip, it will beat a 960T at stock. When the 960T has a slight overclock they will be about the same and when you get an OC to about 4GHz, it will be better. But in order to get that chip to 4GHz you will have to spend more money getting the proper cooler and mobo for it. So spending the extra ~$75 on a better GPU will be more beneficial.

1. that motherboard wont allow for alot of expansion/upgradeability
2. i would Never go with cheap off-brand RAM
3. that rig would be pushing that 430W to its limit.
post #19 of 76
Honestly, buy used parts from eBay.

I have built several computers using used parts. Hell, I just bought myself a GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr for $178. I mean, cmon.
Make absolute sure the person has a good rating on eBay. 98%+ is my standard.

Here is how I but new and used parts.

Motherboard: New
Power Supply: Used
CPU: Used
RAM: Hardly used RAM
Case: New
Hard Drive/SSD: New
DVD Drive: New

Saves plenty of money and lets you build for a really nice computer. Not once have those used parts failed me. In fact I consider them "Well tested" thumb.gif
Big Bertha
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Octa-Core Processor GYGABYTE 990FXA-UD3 EVGA GTX 970 3.5GB DDR5 Kingston HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CAS 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
240GB Samsung 850 EVO WD 7200RPM 500GB Blue  WD 5400RPM 3TB Green None 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i AIO Water Cooler Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro Dell 24' 1080p Monitor Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650G 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular Corsair C70 Vengeance Arctic White Mid Tower Logitech G402 Gaming Mouse Logitech Mousepad 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Bertha
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Octa-Core Processor GYGABYTE 990FXA-UD3 EVGA GTX 970 3.5GB DDR5 Kingston HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CAS 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
240GB Samsung 850 EVO WD 7200RPM 500GB Blue  WD 5400RPM 3TB Green None 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i AIO Water Cooler Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro Dell 24' 1080p Monitor Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650G 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular Corsair C70 Vengeance Arctic White Mid Tower Logitech G402 Gaming Mouse Logitech Mousepad 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis158 View Post

1. that motherboard wont allow for alot of expansion/upgradeability
2. i would Never go with cheap off-brand RAM
3. that rig would be pushing that 430W to its limit.

1) No kidding, but he more than likely will not be upgrading any time soon due to his budget. By the time he will need to upgrade the CPU (i3), he will need to upgrade his mobo. Same would go if he got an i5.
2) that is not a cheap off-brand RAM xD
3) LOL no, it wont xD It could run on a 350W PSU.

The OP has ~$600 rig budget since he needs windows. He should not be looking at upgradability. Grabbing a good P67/Z68 in hopes that he might grab a 2500K in the future is a terrible idea. One, because they will probably be cheaper when he is ready to upgrade. And two, is is a waste of $60+.
Edited by Ironman517 - 4/6/12 at 1:02pm
The Sig Rig
(19 items)
 
Wifey Rig
(11 items)
 
Xbox PC
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4.8GHz stable ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 MSI GTX 980 Ti 32GB (4 x 8GB) 1866Mhz Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB Crucial M4 1.5 TB HDD XSPC Raystorm RS360 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Acer 28" 4K Corsair AX750 Corsair 800D SWTOR Razer Naga 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium XSPC RS120 8 x GT AP-15s White Sleeved Cables for Corsair AX750 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3Ghz Asus P5G41T-M LX Plus EVGA GTX 680 2x4 GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500GB WD Black 64 GB Crucial M4 Sony CD/DVD burner H40 w/ GT AP-15s 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Home 64 bit Corsair CX430 APEVIA X-Plorer2 Pink 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G620 Foxconn H67S ITX Intel HD 2000 2 x 4GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
256GB Crucial M4 Old Laptop CD/DVD drive Windows 7 picoPSU-150-XT 
OtherOtherOther
4 x Purple LEDs Power button Tranquility Xbox 360 Skin 
  hide details  
Reply
The Sig Rig
(19 items)
 
Wifey Rig
(11 items)
 
Xbox PC
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4.8GHz stable ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 MSI GTX 980 Ti 32GB (4 x 8GB) 1866Mhz Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB Crucial M4 1.5 TB HDD XSPC Raystorm RS360 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Acer 28" 4K Corsair AX750 Corsair 800D SWTOR Razer Naga 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium XSPC RS120 8 x GT AP-15s White Sleeved Cables for Corsair AX750 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3Ghz Asus P5G41T-M LX Plus EVGA GTX 680 2x4 GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500GB WD Black 64 GB Crucial M4 Sony CD/DVD burner H40 w/ GT AP-15s 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Home 64 bit Corsair CX430 APEVIA X-Plorer2 Pink 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G620 Foxconn H67S ITX Intel HD 2000 2 x 4GB 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
256GB Crucial M4 Old Laptop CD/DVD drive Windows 7 picoPSU-150-XT 
OtherOtherOther
4 x Purple LEDs Power button Tranquility Xbox 360 Skin 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Processor Discussions