Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › GIGABYTE Z77X Owners/Discussion/Information/Support Thread and Club (UD5H, UD3H, D3H, and ALL)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GIGABYTE Z77X Owners/Discussion/Information/Support Thread and Club (UD5H, UD3H, D3H, and ALL) - Page 182

post #1811 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnedude View Post

I was booting off my HDD raid 0 previously and it was about 45 sec. from hitting the power.

That means your boot difference in time is really due to the speed at which SSDs can seek vs. the speed that RAID 0 can seek.

If I remember correctly, RAID 0 mechanical drives find data slower, but read sequentially MUCH faster. (not compared to SSDs, but compared to their single drive counter parts)
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1812 of 6656
Posted this in the Ivy Bridge stable thread as well. CPU OC is solid. Now on to memory.

338
post #1813 of 6656
I just recently upgraded to an I7 2600k and the z77x-ud5h from an oc'ed q6600. I'm using BIOS F8d. Everything is stable on one of my two Windows 7 64bit Boot drives.

Full specs:
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
I7 2600k (currently only 40x multiplier while testing)
Cooler Master Hyper 212+
MSI Cyclone GTX 460 1GB
G.Skill RipjawsX 16GB DDR3 1600 (two kits 2x4GB)
Corsair TX 750Watt
Seagate ST3250410AS
Western Digital WD500AAKX
Western Digital WD640AAKS
(Would have got Caviar Black, but money was tight when I bought them frown.gif )

Currently I use two hard drives as Windows 7 64bit boot drives; a Seagate ST3250410AS 250GB SATA 3Gb and a Western Digital WD500AAKX 500GB SATA 6Gb that I was planning to use as an upgrade to my "everyday" Seagate drive. So, until I started using the F8d BIOS, I've had tons of issues with stability and all the problems everyone else has had with the 2600k. There is something I still haven't been able to fix... it's the most baffling problem I have ever had or seen. Using Real Temp 3.70 I have observed my WD500AAKX not allowing the CPU multiplier to go higher than stock 34x, as well as being unable to come out of sleep mode without a BSOD. My Seagate drive has none of these issues with F8d BIOS and both hard drives still work flawlessly on my previous motherboard.

Having tested both hard drives with some games, I clearly saw that with the WD500AAKX I was not getting the CPU overclock I had set in the BIOS. The only settings that were working are voltage and CPU base clock. I have done 2 Clean installs of Windows 7. I've tried everything everyone has written in guides for "proper" overclocking of an i7 2600k and just using auto or normal settings in the BIOS. I put the drive on all the different SATA ports on my board and used a jumper to restrict it to SATA 3Gb; nothing has worked so far and I have no idea what I can do to fix the problem.

Does anyone have any clue why this would be happening?
post #1814 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberslops View Post

I just recently upgraded to an I7 2600k and the z77x-ud5h from an oc'ed q6600. I'm using BIOS F8d. Everything is stable on one of my two Windows 7 64bit Boot drives.
Full specs:
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
I7 2600k (currently only 40x multiplier while testing)
Cooler Master Hyper 212+
MSI Cyclone GTX 460 1GB
G.Skill RipjawsX 16GB DDR3 1600 (two kits 2x4GB)
Corsair TX 750Watt
Seagate ST3250410AS
Western Digital WD500AAKX
Western Digital WD640AAKS
(Would have got Caviar Black, but money was tight when I bought them frown.gif )
Currently I use two hard drives as Windows 7 64bit boot drives; a Seagate ST3250410AS 250GB SATA 3Gb and a Western Digital WD500AAKX 500GB SATA 6Gb that I was planning to use as an upgrade to my "everyday" Seagate drive. So, until I started using the F8d BIOS, I've had tons of issues with stability and all the problems everyone else has had with the 2600k. There is something I still haven't been able to fix... it's the most baffling problem I have ever had or seen. Using Real Temp 3.70 I have observed my WD500AAKX not allowing the CPU multiplier to go higher than stock 34x, as well as being unable to come out of sleep mode without a BSOD. My Seagate drive has none of these issues with F8d BIOS and both hard drives still work flawlessly on my previous motherboard.
Having tested both hard drives with some games, I clearly saw that with the WD500AAKX I was not getting the CPU overclock I had set in the BIOS. The only settings that were working are voltage and CPU base clock. I have done 2 Clean installs of Windows 7. I've tried everything everyone has written in guides for "proper" overclocking of an i7 2600k and just using auto or normal settings in the BIOS. I put the drive on all the different SATA ports on my board and used a jumper to restrict it to SATA 3Gb; nothing has worked so far and I have no idea what I can do to fix the problem.
Does anyone have any clue why this would be happening?
Yeah, OK. Is this for real?
post #1815 of 6656
It's not a joke, it's really happening and extremely irritating because it essentially means I can't switch to the 500GB for everyday use as my main OS drive and have my overclock settings work.
post #1816 of 6656
have you tried placing the drive in the MARVEL slots ? ( kind of an obvious question but still i did not read you mentioning exactly what ports you tried )
or switch the bios ..
Maybe as a last resort try instaling windows only on the 500gb drive and see if the issue still occurs ..
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3770K Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 6970 X2 TeamGroup 2x4GB 2133 CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ vertex 3 MAXIOPS WD Velociraptor x 2  Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit SP1 Asus VE278 27" LED Logitech K800 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 900 v1 Logitech G7 QcK Auzentech X-Fi Forte  
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3770K Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 6970 X2 TeamGroup 2x4GB 2133 CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ vertex 3 MAXIOPS WD Velociraptor x 2  Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit SP1 Asus VE278 27" LED Logitech K800 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 900 v1 Logitech G7 QcK Auzentech X-Fi Forte  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1817 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberslops View Post

It's not a joke, it's really happening and extremely irritating because it essentially means I can't switch to the 500GB for everyday use as my main OS drive and have my overclock settings work.
OK. I believe you then. I can't see for the life of me what your hard drive has to do with your OC.
post #1818 of 6656
I noticed that when i switch my memory to XMP it says Profile VTT 1.35v i have it set at 1.070 to get the ram stable. What exacty is that value then ? isnt it to high to set ?
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3770K Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 6970 X2 TeamGroup 2x4GB 2133 CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ vertex 3 MAXIOPS WD Velociraptor x 2  Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit SP1 Asus VE278 27" LED Logitech K800 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 900 v1 Logitech G7 QcK Auzentech X-Fi Forte  
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3770K Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 6970 X2 TeamGroup 2x4GB 2133 CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ vertex 3 MAXIOPS WD Velociraptor x 2  Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit SP1 Asus VE278 27" LED Logitech K800 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 900 v1 Logitech G7 QcK Auzentech X-Fi Forte  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1819 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by drotaru View Post

I noticed that when i switch my memory to XMP it says Profile VTT 1.35v i have it set at 1.070 to get the ram stable. What exacty is that value then ? isnt it to high to set ?

VTT 1.35v-i think it means MAX VTT for the particular RAM
for 8Gb VCCIO (VTT) shouldn't be more then 1.15v ,i'm running 8Gb 2400 VTT @1.12 (1T)
for 16+ Gb VTT 1.15~1.2v ,don't go north of 1.2v (24/7) or your CPU/IMC may want to go to heaven
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930K Rampage IV Gene SLI Evga GTX 780 Classy 16Gb TeamX2400c9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro/ Hitachi Deskstar 1TB  H20 (NexXxoS 420+280) w7x64 VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logitech G110 SuperNOVA 1300 G2 G502 Proteus Core Foobar2K/WASAPI >NuForce Icon HDP >Crack with S... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930K Rampage IV Gene SLI Evga GTX 780 Classy 16Gb TeamX2400c9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro/ Hitachi Deskstar 1TB  H20 (NexXxoS 420+280) w7x64 VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logitech G110 SuperNOVA 1300 G2 G502 Proteus Core Foobar2K/WASAPI >NuForce Icon HDP >Crack with S... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1820 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberslops View Post

I just recently upgraded to an I7 2600k and the z77x-ud5h from an oc'ed q6600. I'm using BIOS F8d. Everything is stable on one of my two Windows 7 64bit Boot drives.
Full specs:
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
I7 2600k (currently only 40x multiplier while testing)
Cooler Master Hyper 212+
MSI Cyclone GTX 460 1GB
G.Skill RipjawsX 16GB DDR3 1600 (two kits 2x4GB)
Corsair TX 750Watt
Seagate ST3250410AS
Western Digital WD500AAKX
Western Digital WD640AAKS
(Would have got Caviar Black, but money was tight when I bought them frown.gif )
Currently I use two hard drives as Windows 7 64bit boot drives; a Seagate ST3250410AS 250GB SATA 3Gb and a Western Digital WD500AAKX 500GB SATA 6Gb that I was planning to use as an upgrade to my "everyday" Seagate drive. So, until I started using the F8d BIOS, I've had tons of issues with stability and all the problems everyone else has had with the 2600k. There is something I still haven't been able to fix... it's the most baffling problem I have ever had or seen. Using Real Temp 3.70 I have observed my WD500AAKX not allowing the CPU multiplier to go higher than stock 34x, as well as being unable to come out of sleep mode without a BSOD. My Seagate drive has none of these issues with F8d BIOS and both hard drives still work flawlessly on my previous motherboard.
Having tested both hard drives with some games, I clearly saw that with the WD500AAKX I was not getting the CPU overclock I had set in the BIOS. The only settings that were working are voltage and CPU base clock. I have done 2 Clean installs of Windows 7. I've tried everything everyone has written in guides for "proper" overclocking of an i7 2600k and just using auto or normal settings in the BIOS. I put the drive on all the different SATA ports on my board and used a jumper to restrict it to SATA 3Gb; nothing has worked so far and I have no idea what I can do to fix the problem.
Does anyone have any clue why this would be happening?

Yea, I totally believe him. On a computer I built my brother maybe 2 years ago (i5 750 I think it was... 1156 anyways), I swear I had the same problem with the Asus Sabertooth board I was using. OMG it pissed me off to no end. Not exactly the same issues, but it was the same idea, something about it just wasn't happy with the particular harddrive.

But quick question for you about this, you said you have a 2600k and the latest BIOS, have you tested to see if sleep works properly at over 40x multiplier (on the harddrive that doesn't have problems obviously... lol)?
Edited by {EAC} Shoot em UP - 6/2/12 at 1:20pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › GIGABYTE Z77X Owners/Discussion/Information/Support Thread and Club (UD5H, UD3H, D3H, and ALL)