Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › GIGABYTE Z77X Owners/Discussion/Information/Support Thread and Club (UD5H, UD3H, D3H, and ALL)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GIGABYTE Z77X Owners/Discussion/Information/Support Thread and Club (UD5H, UD3H, D3H, and ALL) - Page 274

post #2731 of 6656
Hi!

My experience:

I bought this motherboard also less than a month, the GA-Z77-D3h and i5-3450 with 2 x 4 GB Kingston Hyper to 1600Mhz, Geforce GTX460 OC, PCI sound card Xfi gamer fatality. At first I had the same problem! and I had thought that only happened to me! But after many freezes and testing ... works in the bios F14 leaving all values ​​"default". Since yesterday I have not had a freeze. the BLCK is 100.1 if in order, therefore, understand that there is the problem. Honestly, I THINK the problem comes because of their "movements of voltages and frequencies." I hope that they get ANOTHER review to use this board to make "someday" OC.


Today:

I just changed the motherboard for other same, and all morning installing Windows 7 x64 after 3 hours, the machine has frozen me ... using the F14 Bios, default settings optimized, integrated graphics enabled, and also with the external graphics card. I have two screens connected, one in the integrated graphics card and one on the external graphics card gtx 460 using the system Luvid MVP. Could this be the problem of my freezing? since I have changed the microprocessor and 3550 and now I have the motherboard changed by the same GA-Z77-D3h. Also say, I've used the "stop" to check if it was so ... and half an hour after the suspension was reactivated when the PC is frozen. Now I disabled the C3 and C6, to see if it is also because of that ...

Thank you and to your expected
post #2732 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrix View Post

You're wondering if they repaired the board you sent or gave you a diffrent one? IDK, I didn't do anything to check mine I sent, I assumed they just put a new cpu socket in mine....


Yeah I dunno about the Samsung, it's good for the price, and I could run it at 1866 with no problems but I finally put the Trident 2400 back in,
Lemme know how the repaired board works out for you.

On the RAM = Yeh, looks like I'll make someone a deal on my Sammy Green soon.

On the CPU = possible socket mod, I found this article (be sure and read all the reader comments also) and the pic of the rear of the socket. On the back of my socket seems to have a Capacitor installed now. ??

Look at the pick they show, and the cellular pic of mine in the next to the bottom row. Too bad I did not notice mine before it shipped.

623
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770K GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 XMP Mo... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Dual WD Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB in RAID1 LITEON SATA W\L-SCRIBE DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS XSPC RASA-750-RS240 Water Cooling Kit Win 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dual Samsung 215TW S-PVA LCD's Logitech K350 Wireless CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 Rosewill BlackHawk Mid Tower 
MouseAudioOtherOther
Logitech MX Revolution On Board Realtek ALC898 Rosewill USB 3.0 all in one card reader RDCR-11... Scythe Kaze Master Pro 5.25 Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770K GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 XMP Mo... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Dual WD Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB in RAID1 LITEON SATA W\L-SCRIBE DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS XSPC RASA-750-RS240 Water Cooling Kit Win 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dual Samsung 215TW S-PVA LCD's Logitech K350 Wireless CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 Rosewill BlackHawk Mid Tower 
MouseAudioOtherOther
Logitech MX Revolution On Board Realtek ALC898 Rosewill USB 3.0 all in one card reader RDCR-11... Scythe Kaze Master Pro 5.25 Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2733 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvgeniX View Post

Did you turn on integrated video in BIOS?

I didn't! tongue.gif

That was the problem!!! In my last mobo it was turned on by default.

Another question: how much memory shall I allocate to integrated video? 64MB (default)? Or more?
post #2734 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2therock View Post

On the RAM = Yeh, looks like I'll make someone a deal on my Sammy Green soon.
On the CPU = possible socket mod, I found this article (be sure and read all the reader comments also) and the pic of the rear of the socket. On the back of my socket seems to have a Capacitor installed now. ??
Look at the pick they show, and the cellular pic of mine in the next to the bottom row. Too bad I did not notice mine before it shipped.
623


my CPU back looks the same.... so do you have any problems now with OC or new memory???
WC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3770K GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H SAMSUNG 16GB 30NM OCZ Vertex 4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black LITE-ON 24X DVD iHAS224 XSPC RayStorm RX360 RX240 Windows 8 
MonitorPowerCase
CROSSOVER 27QLED SeaSonic Platinum Platinum-860  NZXT Switch 810 White 
  hide details  
Reply
WC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3770K GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H SAMSUNG 16GB 30NM OCZ Vertex 4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black LITE-ON 24X DVD iHAS224 XSPC RayStorm RX360 RX240 Windows 8 
MonitorPowerCase
CROSSOVER 27QLED SeaSonic Platinum Platinum-860  NZXT Switch 810 White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2735 of 6656
Thread Starter 
they all have one cap behind the socket. lol,

They should have flipped all 3 boards over and got a shot of the inside of each socket as well. And then got the number of output capacitors, and then their specs, which just don't know how to do.
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2736 of 6656
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortizvi View Post

Hi!
My experience:
I bought this motherboard also less than a month, the GA-Z77-D3h and i5-3450 with 2 x 4 GB Kingston Hyper to 1600Mhz, Geforce GTX460 OC, PCI sound card Xfi gamer fatality. At first I had the same problem! and I had thought that only happened to me! But after many freezes and testing ... works in the bios F14 leaving all values ​​"default". Since yesterday I have not had a freeze. the BLCK is 100.1 if in order, therefore, understand that there is the problem. Honestly, I THINK the problem comes because of their "movements of voltages and frequencies." I hope that they get ANOTHER review to use this board to make "someday" OC.
Today:
I just changed the motherboard for other same, and all morning installing Windows 7 x64 after 3 hours, the machine has frozen me ... using the F14 Bios, default settings optimized, integrated graphics enabled, and also with the external graphics card. I have two screens connected, one in the integrated graphics card and one on the external graphics card gtx 460 using the system Luvid MVP. Could this be the problem of my freezing? since I have changed the microprocessor and 3550 and now I have the motherboard changed by the same GA-Z77-D3h. Also say, I've used the "stop" to check if it was so ... and half an hour after the suspension was reactivated when the PC is frozen. Now I disabled the C3 and C6, to see if it is also because of that ...
Thank you and to your expected

your issue is your PCI sound card. Take it out and see if the system still freezes. Thank you and good luck!!!!
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2737 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvgeniX View Post

my CPU back looks the same.... so do you have any problems now with OC or new memory???

So much for my amazing discovery eh?

Right now I am coming up slow and easy. I did 2hr Memtest86 passes on each stick of RAM and an 11hr pass on all of them together with no probs.
I then connected my RAID1 set of HDD's still containing my OS. It booted up fine and is rebuilding/mirroring via Intel's program right now. Perhaps because I connected one of the drives to another PC to retrieve files or it being reconnected.........??

After its rebuilt I'm gonna come off the boards VGA graphics to my Sapphire 3850 and run that a while.

I'm gonna do things one at a time running them awhile before each step and monitor my event viewer before and after each step. I don't even have the case USB and buttons connected yet.

I have attached an Event Viewer batch file (file extension renamed to .txt). Rename the files extension to .bat and run as admin. Its a list reset file for the event viewer. I use it to clear the list to start it from scratch to avoid clutter and confusion. You can save your current event viewers history 1st if you like.


When I sent the board off it was riddled with criticals, errors and warning events of many kinds.
So far there are Zero errors or warnings in the list.

After I get all the hardware connected and ran a while and see no issues I will clock it to 4.5.



Win 7 Viewer.txt 0k .txt file
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770K GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 XMP Mo... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Dual WD Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB in RAID1 LITEON SATA W\L-SCRIBE DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS XSPC RASA-750-RS240 Water Cooling Kit Win 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dual Samsung 215TW S-PVA LCD's Logitech K350 Wireless CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 Rosewill BlackHawk Mid Tower 
MouseAudioOtherOther
Logitech MX Revolution On Board Realtek ALC898 Rosewill USB 3.0 all in one card reader RDCR-11... Scythe Kaze Master Pro 5.25 Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770K GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 XMP Mo... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Dual WD Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB in RAID1 LITEON SATA W\L-SCRIBE DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS XSPC RASA-750-RS240 Water Cooling Kit Win 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dual Samsung 215TW S-PVA LCD's Logitech K350 Wireless CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 Rosewill BlackHawk Mid Tower 
MouseAudioOtherOther
Logitech MX Revolution On Board Realtek ALC898 Rosewill USB 3.0 all in one card reader RDCR-11... Scythe Kaze Master Pro 5.25 Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2738 of 6656
^ nice plan!

I still waiting for GB to fix Samsung RAM... so far at 1866 mad.gif
WC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3770K GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H SAMSUNG 16GB 30NM OCZ Vertex 4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black LITE-ON 24X DVD iHAS224 XSPC RayStorm RX360 RX240 Windows 8 
MonitorPowerCase
CROSSOVER 27QLED SeaSonic Platinum Platinum-860  NZXT Switch 810 White 
  hide details  
Reply
WC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3770K GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H SAMSUNG 16GB 30NM OCZ Vertex 4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black LITE-ON 24X DVD iHAS224 XSPC RayStorm RX360 RX240 Windows 8 
MonitorPowerCase
CROSSOVER 27QLED SeaSonic Platinum Platinum-860  NZXT Switch 810 White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2739 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

your issue is your PCI sound card. Take it out and see if the system still freezes. Thank you and good luck!!!!

Hello!
Sin0822 ... THINKING now, I remembered that today I had the new motherboard, I changed the option in ACTIVE ErP part of the BIOS Power Management. Could this be the problem of my freeze? Could it be that putting ErP provoke my sound card to a reduction of W and let it freeze to the card and therefore to the motherboard?

Note: I have much appreciation to my sound card! cost me € 200 in your day!
I'm working, when I get home I'll prove it!

I am your wait
Edited by fortizvi - 7/18/12 at 11:24am
post #2740 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvgeniX View Post

^ nice plan!
I still waiting for GB to fix Samsung RAM... so far at 1866 mad.gif

Whats wrong with your Sammys? Mine run just fine at 2133 in a UD3H.
game rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro MSI 7970 2x2GB G Skill Ripjaw X 1600 CL6 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung 830 XSPC RX360 XSPC Raystorm EK 7970 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG W2240 Ducky Corsair AX 850 
CaseMouse
Switch 810 Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
game rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro MSI 7970 2x2GB G Skill Ripjaw X 1600 CL6 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung 830 XSPC RX360 XSPC Raystorm EK 7970 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG W2240 Ducky Corsair AX 850 
CaseMouse
Switch 810 Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › GIGABYTE Z77X Owners/Discussion/Information/Support Thread and Club (UD5H, UD3H, D3H, and ALL)