Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › GIGABYTE Z77X Owners/Discussion/Information/Support Thread and Club (UD5H, UD3H, D3H, and ALL)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GIGABYTE Z77X Owners/Discussion/Information/Support Thread and Club (UD5H, UD3H, D3H, and ALL) - Page 283

post #2821 of 6656
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoprimal View Post

I think you misunderstood me there. I wasn't referring to the VIA ports as a hub, I was saying that the only thing I have attached to the VIA port that actually works are MY external USB 2.0 hubs. Any other device I put on any of them lead up to a BSOD, eventually. I have no other devices in my PC at the moment except for my video card and the same things happen when I remove it and just use onboard so I know that it isn't any sort of internal conflict from the slots. If I do any sort of RMA I'm just going to get something else at this point. I don't trust that they're going to fix anything because I've read about other people doing RMAs and getting the same board back. It's a great board in theory but there's something very wrong with the actual product it seems and now I'm wondering if that's why it's going for so much cheaper than the competition.

Well i honestly think your board is defective, as if it was jut one device that made it do it then it would be that device, but if its all the other devices then it would be defective. IDk what to tell you, but you didn't stumble onto some fix for the BSOD issue,first of all where do you see the BSOD issue anymore anyways? if you do, can you please show me? Also, if you do find one, are you sure they aren't using a PCi device? because the last 5 i can actually count them that came in here and complained of it(maybe a handful int he past month and a hafl), all had PCi devices, and some didn't post back, and others got angry their PCi device made it BSOD lol.

It is either a defective board or a specific device issue. however VLI is not some crap company, FYI VLI is owned by VIA. Most of teh technologies in your current motherboard you have VIA to thank for as Intel absorbed a lot of them. Also NEC's USB 3.0 controllers aren't good, that is why no one uses them anymore. They were extremely widespread with P55 and X58 b/c they were the only option.
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2822 of 6656
It been a while since I visited this thread, can't believe 283 pages wow =)

I just wanted to say my build has been going great thanks Sin and everyone else for any info and help earlier on when I had some questions, it has been 3 months, and not one issue at all (knock on wood my luck LOL ), still on F6 Bios, have not upgraded figured why mess with something that is working.

This system has been rock solid stable, not one bluescreen,and have been playing every single game I throw at it with max spec. I am definitely happy I went with Gigabyte =)


Also forgot to mention about a month ago I picked up the Corsair 1300 Analog Headset and I was afraid that the UD5H onboard sound would not be good enough, well I am happy to say the onboard sound is amazing along with the creatve software directional sound is amazing with most of my games.
Edited by Rondik - 7/23/12 at 6:15pm
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H EVGA GTX 980 TI SC G. Skill 16 GB DDR3-1600 4x4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 SSD Samsung Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ Samsung 22x Sata DVD Burner Thermalright True Spirit 120 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Asus 25 inch VE258Q USB Standard Corsair 750TX  
CaseMouseAudio
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B MS USB Standard Mouse Corsair Vengeance 1300 Analog Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H EVGA GTX 980 TI SC G. Skill 16 GB DDR3-1600 4x4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 SSD Samsung Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ Samsung 22x Sata DVD Burner Thermalright True Spirit 120 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Asus 25 inch VE258Q USB Standard Corsair 750TX  
CaseMouseAudio
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B MS USB Standard Mouse Corsair Vengeance 1300 Analog Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2823 of 6656
interesting if GIGABYTE will make BIOS update some day with CPU temperature on POST code screen? Sin?
WC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3770K GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H SAMSUNG 16GB 30NM OCZ Vertex 4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black LITE-ON 24X DVD iHAS224 XSPC RayStorm RX360 RX240 Windows 8 
MonitorPowerCase
CROSSOVER 27QLED SeaSonic Platinum Platinum-860  NZXT Switch 810 White 
  hide details  
Reply
WC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3770K GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H SAMSUNG 16GB 30NM OCZ Vertex 4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black LITE-ON 24X DVD iHAS224 XSPC RayStorm RX360 RX240 Windows 8 
MonitorPowerCase
CROSSOVER 27QLED SeaSonic Platinum Platinum-860  NZXT Switch 810 White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2824 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

Well i honestly think your board is defective, as if it was jut one device that made it do it then it would be that device, but if its all the other devices then it would be defective. IDk what to tell you, but you didn't stumble onto some fix for the BSOD issue,first of all where do you see the BSOD issue anymore anyways? if you do, can you please show me? Also, if you do find one, are you sure they aren't using a PCi device? because the last 5 i can actually count them that came in here and complained of it(maybe a handful int he past month and a hafl), all had PCi devices, and some didn't post back, and others got angry their PCi device made it BSOD lol.
It is either a defective board or a specific device issue. however VLI is not some crap company, FYI VLI is owned by VIA. Most of teh technologies in your current motherboard you have VIA to thank for as Intel absorbed a lot of them. Also NEC's USB 3.0 controllers aren't good, that is why no one uses them anymore. They were extremely widespread with P55 and X58 b/c they were the only option.

As I mentioned the only PCI card I have is my video card which is PCI-E 2. I use the VIA on board sound and there are no other PCI cards plugged in.

The BSOD happens if I plug the G19 keyboard or any external hard drive into any of the VIA USB 3.0 ports.

If I plug my G19 into the top VIA ports (under the PS2 hybrid port) then I get BSODs.
If I put it into the VIA ports beside the LAN, I get BSODs.
If I plug any of my external hard drives into these ports, same thing, BSODs.
Always, always a 0xF4 crash.

If I put it into the Intel port (under the LAN), it works.
If I put it on USB 2.0 (front of my case, attached to internal header), it works fine.
Likewise, my USB 3.0 GoFlex Desk drives are also currently working only on the Intel USB 3.0 ports.

This essentially leaves me with only 2 usable USB 3.0 ports.

As a last ditch effort maybe I'll write GB Tech support and see if they have a fresh BIOS I can try out. I see F12H on TT but I'm reading where folks are saying that it is a nightmare.

So I'm the only one (of about 5, you say) in this forum with the UD3H having this problem? Other folks are using their VIA ports ok? If yes, could you guys post what BIOS you're using and how your USB is set up please? (Smart Auto/Auto/Enable). I'm curious. Just a quick example of what devices you have on them will do. Here are a few pages you asked for with people having similar issues. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. 1-4 are the actual ud3h and 5-6 are the variants but with the same or similar problem.
Edited by neoprimal - 7/23/12 at 8:51pm
 
Beast Devolution
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 560  G.Skill Value Series DDR 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Agility 4 Seagate Baracuda Seagate GoFlex Desk Seagate GoFlex Desk 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Expansion Lite On 24x Windows 8 Pro Sceptre 24" LCD 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 18" LCD Logitech G19 XFX Core 850W Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl 
MouseAudioOtherOther
Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman VIA 2021 Onboard Logitech G930 Headset APC BackUPS 350 
OtherOtherOtherOther
APC BackUPS 350 CyberPower 800AVR Anker 4 port+1 USB 3.0 Hub Belkin Tetrahub 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Kensington Travel USB Hub Logitech 5.1 Speaker Logitech Rumblepad 2 Epson Stylus Photo RX595 AIO Printer 
Other
APC BackUPS ES 650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Dual Core E2200 Abit IP35 Pro XFX 8800GT 512MB G.Skill Value Series 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB Hitachi 1TB Seagate 750GB Asus CDRW/DVDRW 22x 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
IOGEAR Cordless Keyboard Diablotek 400W Raidmax Scorpio Realtek 888 Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 Xfx Nforce 630i Geforce 7150 Onboard Geforce 7150 OCZ DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Lite On 24x Thermaltake Slim X3 Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 
MonitorKeyboardCaseMouse
Proscan 42" LCD HDTV Iogear Black 2.4GHz Multimedia Keyboard with La... Athenatec Evo Iogear Black 2.4GHz Multimedia Keyboard with La... 
Audio
NVidia HDMI 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Beast Devolution
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 560  G.Skill Value Series DDR 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Agility 4 Seagate Baracuda Seagate GoFlex Desk Seagate GoFlex Desk 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Expansion Lite On 24x Windows 8 Pro Sceptre 24" LCD 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 18" LCD Logitech G19 XFX Core 850W Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl 
MouseAudioOtherOther
Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman VIA 2021 Onboard Logitech G930 Headset APC BackUPS 350 
OtherOtherOtherOther
APC BackUPS 350 CyberPower 800AVR Anker 4 port+1 USB 3.0 Hub Belkin Tetrahub 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Kensington Travel USB Hub Logitech 5.1 Speaker Logitech Rumblepad 2 Epson Stylus Photo RX595 AIO Printer 
Other
APC BackUPS ES 650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Dual Core E2200 Abit IP35 Pro XFX 8800GT 512MB G.Skill Value Series 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB Hitachi 1TB Seagate 750GB Asus CDRW/DVDRW 22x 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
IOGEAR Cordless Keyboard Diablotek 400W Raidmax Scorpio Realtek 888 Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 Xfx Nforce 630i Geforce 7150 Onboard Geforce 7150 OCZ DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Lite On 24x Thermaltake Slim X3 Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 
MonitorKeyboardCaseMouse
Proscan 42" LCD HDTV Iogear Black 2.4GHz Multimedia Keyboard with La... Athenatec Evo Iogear Black 2.4GHz Multimedia Keyboard with La... 
Audio
NVidia HDMI 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2825 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

Where do you see people complaining about BSODs? No where will you see anything like that unless they user is using a PCi device or like the guy a few posts above has an issue with a USb device.
Did you read the first part of my post? Where I say the thread is unfolding and most issue are hopefully being ironed out and I pointed out that the issues seemed to be PCI incompatibility and USB driver immaturity?
Quote:
I think GIGABYTE doesn't care about the attack that much because it was sent out to their vendors and not the media
I was under the impression that a website reachable from google was part the 'the media'.
Quote:
ASUS however ...
ASUS wrote...
ASUS is pulling out all the tricks...
ASUS going to all time lows...
Did you know that ASUS...
If you didn't notice recently ASUS...
It means ASUS...
on top of that ASUS...
The first time that ASUS...
ASUS doesn't have...
ASUS's pricing...
asus doesn't use...

And then...
Quote:
ASUS has gotten into your brain, and laid its eggs. lol.

Seriously? ASUS has gotten into my brain?
Quote:
However i think you should get the ASUS board
I never said I wanted to buy an Asus board. I never owned an Asus mobo, and never used any Asus mobo (or GPU, or DVD, or notebook, or netbook, or tablet) in any PC I've built for relatives or friends. Only Gigabyte and MSI (the latter one because I was tight on budget). Also, in my previous post I also wrote the I found Asus overhyped their alleged 'power saving features' since the power consumption of their Z77P8 was way higher than Gigabyte's UD5H, according to all comparative reviews I had read. And I'll tell you more: I believe their mobos are overpriced and they charge their customers just for the sake of their brand.

Now, should I slain some Asus representative, possibly torturing him and making him suffer for a very long time to prove you I couldn't care less about Asus, their mobos, their marketing and their tricks?
Seriously man, I am sorry you took it this way. Perhaps my English is not even half as good as I had thought and I have expressed myself in an ambiguous way. I really appreciate the time you spent in answering my (and all the other people's) questions. The point I was trying to make is this though: I have a scientific mindset that prevents me from accepting statements on the sole basis of faith. In the same way I do not accept by faith the FUD about the missing capacitors, I do not accept by faith explanations based on the principle of authority. I thought I had expressed that concept clearly but evidently it is not so.
Fanboys accepts explanations based on the faith they bestow on their beloved brand. People who try to think critically (sorry for my English) need rational explanations based on facts. It appears that such explanations are not possible because the schematics are top secret and all one can say is "trust the almighty Gigabyte (or Asus, or Asrock, or MSI or Foxconn, or...) engineers. They cannot possibly be wrong, ever!"
Quote:
What do you want GB to say? You want GB to show you schematics of their motherboards? you are kidding yourself? When is the last time you ever saw a trace diagram of a motherboard? never?
Not so long ago, there are open projects out there, you know? And you don't need to show the routing of your traces to show a simplified schematic of a power stage. But I was only asking there. A simple no would have sufficed.
Quote:
i feel like I just seriously wasted 10 minutes of my life trying to figure out how to heck to respond to something i have gone over with you over and over.
What I was trying to say is that you actually didn't. Since the schematics are top secret and you cannot tell for sure based on a scientific argument.
Quote:
What bugs me is that i feel like you just show up once a week to post in here and ask about this, that is like what Raja does.
The reason I am posting once a week is that I don't have that much time for the Internet. Once I was a very avid newsgroup follower, with some 300-400 messages a month (talking about Usenet, here). I had to give up that. In the NGs I followed we had our share of trolls and I know it is easy to suspect a newcomer of being one, if he does not bow down and kiss the top posters ****. But I am not a troll, nor I am trolling casually. I simply spotted a faith based argument and pointed out the circular reasoning that usually come from fanboys. I was under the impression you were not one of them. Sorry. I too feel I've just wasted 10 minutes of my life.

I'll tell you why I am so concerned with this board: I live in the Old World, and things are not going well here economically (I wouldn't be surprise if all the money I have in the bank would be frozen from one day to the other and turned into toilet paper) . The one I am about to buy is going to be the last PC I buy for a very long time and as I plan to use it for work, I cannot afford a mobo who has stability issues. If possible I want to prolong its life by reducing its power consumption. I went for Gigabyte (not ASUS!) because of their outstanding motherboard quality, I really want to buy that board and it is very likely that I eventually will. That's why I am asking all kinds of questions about it; what is best of an overclockers owners club? Overclockers push the mobo to the limit, if there is something strange it is more likely it will come out here, not in the silent pc club.

But I would also like answers based on facts and not on faith.
I did not think that being critical would have made a troll out of me.
post #2826 of 6656
*** Yawn***
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770K GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 XMP Mo... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Dual WD Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB in RAID1 LITEON SATA W\L-SCRIBE DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS XSPC RASA-750-RS240 Water Cooling Kit Win 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dual Samsung 215TW S-PVA LCD's Logitech K350 Wireless CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 Rosewill BlackHawk Mid Tower 
MouseAudioOtherOther
Logitech MX Revolution On Board Realtek ALC898 Rosewill USB 3.0 all in one card reader RDCR-11... Scythe Kaze Master Pro 5.25 Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770K GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 XMP Mo... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Dual WD Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB in RAID1 LITEON SATA W\L-SCRIBE DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS XSPC RASA-750-RS240 Water Cooling Kit Win 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dual Samsung 215TW S-PVA LCD's Logitech K350 Wireless CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 Rosewill BlackHawk Mid Tower 
MouseAudioOtherOther
Logitech MX Revolution On Board Realtek ALC898 Rosewill USB 3.0 all in one card reader RDCR-11... Scythe Kaze Master Pro 5.25 Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2827 of 6656
Thread Starter 
i don't want to discuss it because i already gave you an answer, picking apart what i write for no reason like you do puts me on the defensive, i don't know what to tell you. I am just going to say, do you see anyone complaining about voltage used or their OC not being right, or the LLC not working well? No, then that is some proof. How about voltage going crazy like on the asrock extreme4 which uses all its back caps? Bad voltage droop? have you heard anything bad other than this MLCC thing? anything to make you think it isn't good? I wouldn't doubt it then.

There is no way to prove it, that is why it is such a good allegation, however I gave you an explanation of why those capacitors wouldn't matter i just don't understand what you want. GB isn't going to release anything online showing what they use, or give any technical explanation, why? because there are no engineers on either side writing these things, only marketers. Imagine, some dude at ASUS under extreme pressure from ASUS's new marketing boss to trash the UD5H. The only thing they found to pick on was the number of cheap MLCCs used on the back of the board and the fact that GB has more USB 3.0 because they use a hub on the UD5H. lol I think its funny. Go online and search for how much MLCCs cost, here from digikey, this is the cost per each ceramic capacitor in the lowest package you can buy them in which is 10K: $00.00210 a pop. Sounds like GIGABYTE skimped on 10 of them to save 2 cents per board lol. If you buy 50K you can get each for 1.7 cents lol.
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/LMK105BJ104KV-F/587-1227-2-ND/930579

Seriously this is what i am saying, if they needed to use them, then there is 0 reason they wouldn't. They might be the cheapest part of a motherboard, if not some of those 402 resistors are.

I just don't understand what ASUS said that was so convincing about this to get you so roused up. That is what i don't understand, as i don't' think anyone else really cares.
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2828 of 6656
Ok, it really seems a language problem. It has to be my bad, then. Perhaps the way I write makes me appear aggressive and I gave you the impression I was demanding an explanation from you. All I wanted to point out was that BOTH the marketing FUD AND the previous explanations I had read (yes including yours so far, but that's immaterial) did not prove anything.

Now, verifying the voltages, that is a scientific approach that could settle the question regardless of the secret routes the power is brought to the cpu. Please, please note that I am not asking you, nor anybody else to verify the voltages, I am only saying that this is the right approach: now we're talking science and not faith. As a matter of fact, it was the possibility that a design error (they happen, mostly in ASUS, ok tongue.gif, but they could even happen to Gigabyte) could prevent me from underclocking the 3570k, that made me curious about that.

And, for God's sake!, stop mentioning Asus to me.
I never read anything else about the matter apart form that site's webpage I've linked before (kitguru, or whatever).

Peace?

EDIT: either... and... LOL. I'll have to ask a refund for that English course.
Edited by Sredni Vashtar - 7/23/12 at 10:17pm
post #2829 of 6656
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvgeniX View Post

interesting if GIGABYTE will make BIOS update some day with CPU temperature on POST code screen? Sin?
I had suggested this about 6 months ago, however I really didn't know that EVGA already had this, and GB said they would have to check if EVGA had patented this and such(they really are a decent company), i saw recently that asrock has their OC Formula board and i am told they are doing that too. For now the answer is no, maybe when they implement some other features then maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondik View Post

It been a while since I visited this thread, can't believe 283 pages wow =)
I just wanted to say my build has been going great thanks Sin and everyone else for any info and help earlier on when I had some questions, it has been 3 months, and not one issue at all (knock on wood my luck LOL ), still on F6 Bios, have not upgraded figured why mess with something that is working.
This system has been rock solid stable, not one bluescreen,and have been playing every single game I throw at it with max spec. I am definitely happy I went with Gigabyte =)
Also forgot to mention about a month ago I picked up the Corsair 1300 Analog Headset and I was afraid that the UD5H onboard sound would not be good enough, well I am happy to say the onboard sound is amazing along with the creatve software directional sound is amazing with most of my games.
Very good to hear mate! smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sredni Vashtar View Post

Ok, it really seems a language problem. It has to be my bad, then. Perhaps the way I write makes me appear aggressive and I gave you the impression I was demanding an explanation from you. All I wanted to point out was that BOTH the marketing FUD AND the previous explanations I had read (yes including yours so far, but that's immaterial) did not prove anything.
Now, verifying the voltages, that is a scientific approach that could settle the question regardless of the secret routes the power is brought to the cpu. Please, please note that I am not asking you, nor anybody else to verify the voltages, I am only saying that this is the right approach: now we're talking science and not faith. As a matter of fact, it was the possibility that a design error (they happen, mostly in ASUS, ok tongue.gif, but they could even happen to Gigabyte) could prevent me from underclocking the 3570k, that made me curious about that.
And, for God's sake!, stop mentioning Asus to me.
I never read anything else about the matter apart form that site's webpage I've linked before (kitguru, or whatever).
Peace?
EDIT: either... and... LOL. I'll have to ask a refund for that English course.

yea no worries man, its an online forum and your English is just fine. Actually pretty good if English isn't your first language. Online it is hard to tell how people speak and how they come across, you kept pushing the issue so i figured you wanted and answer. If I have time I will make a video to show you, and you can show others about the UD5H's power delivery, but right now I have a crap load more stuff than i can handle.

Anyways I think you wil be just fine with the UD5H. I will recommend the UD5H to anyone who wants a great board except if they are going to use PCi sound cards that I know have issues, which include for the most part Audigy2ZS and Xonar.
I am not mad and i don't hate you, i just never know if people that are asus fan boys or work for other companies come in here and want to start up odd discussions.
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2830 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow0309 View Post

Removed rolleyes.gif
I made a new one lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcTnvnWfF0g&feature=youtu.be

Sorry, the other was 30mins, this is 20 and more to the point, and i got a whiteboard, i figured id start teaching people how the boards work. Towards the end you'll see the white board.

Excellent thumb.gif

The guys from Vr-Zone have made their first look as well:

http://vr-zone.com/articles/first-look-gigabyte-z77x-up5-th--a-real-bargain--us-249-comes-with-dual-thunderbolt/16769.html

Nice board, if there really is about to cost 249.00 USD (205.583 EUR) I've made my choice too (finally)
Gotta wait some more, is still unavailable at the moment and in Germany is priced starting at €281,93

http://www.computerbase.de/preisvergleich/807766
Arrow I9
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i9 7900X 4.8GHz @Heatkiller IV Pro ROG Rampage VI Apex TITAN X Pascal @ Heatkiller IV G.Skill F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb + PM961 512Gb Toshiba X300 4Tb, 2x Barracuda 3Tb Cooled by EKWB, Watercool, Alphacool, Koolance XSPC RX360 v3, Alphacool Monsta 420 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB271HU G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 RGB SuperFlower Titanium 1000W Corsair Graphite 780T 
Mouse
Logitech G502 RGB 
  hide details  
Reply
Arrow I9
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i9 7900X 4.8GHz @Heatkiller IV Pro ROG Rampage VI Apex TITAN X Pascal @ Heatkiller IV G.Skill F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb + PM961 512Gb Toshiba X300 4Tb, 2x Barracuda 3Tb Cooled by EKWB, Watercool, Alphacool, Koolance XSPC RX360 v3, Alphacool Monsta 420 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB271HU G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 RGB SuperFlower Titanium 1000W Corsair Graphite 780T 
Mouse
Logitech G502 RGB 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › GIGABYTE Z77X Owners/Discussion/Information/Support Thread and Club (UD5H, UD3H, D3H, and ALL)