Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › GIGABYTE Z77X Owners/Discussion/Information/Support Thread and Club (UD5H, UD3H, D3H, and ALL)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GIGABYTE Z77X Owners/Discussion/Information/Support Thread and Club (UD5H, UD3H, D3H, and ALL) - Page 434

post #4331 of 6656
Thanks, yes, I'm using the same UEFI installer usb drive I've used numerous times in the past (created via info posted on a Lenovo T530 forum). I've also just now installed a Samsung 830 SSD and get the same msg, namely, "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disks controller is enabled." I just updated to F14 BIOS. Same result. Tried a different usb installer (with same files on it) that has also worked fine previously. Same result.

Anyone have any suggestions of what to check next? Frustrating, as I had no apparent hiccups with the build. Only when I got to OS install. Doesn't like any disk at all. Is this a uefi installer issue? The \boot\efi directory is set up correctly (as per above post). Worked fine on asus z68 pro.
Edited by stayinsync - 12/19/12 at 7:34pm
post #4332 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyronn94 View Post

Hello,
Just want to ask a quick question, is anyone using a GA-Z77MX-D3H with a D14?
Changing to intel for christmas, and want to know if I should have any problems using a graphics card in the top slot and a D14 on the CPU.
The noctua website lists the board as compatible, but I'm not so sure.
Also, thoughts on the board in general?
I'm choosing it over the P8z77m (pro) as it seems to be very similar but is about £20 cheaper.
Many thanks.

Can I get a bump on this post please? smile.gif

Many thanks.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe MSI TF3 7950 OC BE 1000/1500 16GB Corsair XMS3 (8x2GB) 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB WD 2TB Caviar Green Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VS247H-P Logitech K360 Corsair HX650 Fractal Design Node 304 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX  SteelSeries QcK 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe MSI TF3 7950 OC BE 1000/1500 16GB Corsair XMS3 (8x2GB) 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB WD 2TB Caviar Green Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VS247H-P Logitech K360 Corsair HX650 Fractal Design Node 304 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX  SteelSeries QcK 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4333 of 6656
Assuming that GA-Z77MX-D3H has the same socket location as UD5H, it either be a tight fit, or NH-D14's fan mounts will touch the GPU.
Ivy Bridge
(21 items)
 
Ryzen
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 1600Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Western Digital WD1001FALS Samsung HD753LJ ST3300822AS 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital RED 3 TB Custom Loop Lamptron FC Touch Windows 8.1 update 1 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Red EVGA G2 1000W Cooler Master Cosmos II 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Logitech G240 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Schiit Valhalla 
Audio
M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy Bridge
(21 items)
 
Ryzen
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 1600Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Western Digital WD1001FALS Samsung HD753LJ ST3300822AS 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital RED 3 TB Custom Loop Lamptron FC Touch Windows 8.1 update 1 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Red EVGA G2 1000W Cooler Master Cosmos II 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Logitech G240 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Schiit Valhalla 
Audio
M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4334 of 6656
Well this is disappointing. My UD5H board is brand new, just installed it like 2 days ago, I haven't even overclocked anything yet and today I come home, boot up my PC and I get this error message saying that the BIOS is corrupted and it will boot from the backup BIOS. mad.gif
post #4335 of 6656
Hmmm, I just bought the U3H and I must say, it's a very nice board.
What software/utilities should I install from the DVD? Once again, this is on the Z77X-U3H.
Cheers!
post #4336 of 6656
So I'm trying to figure out how to hook up my fans to the motherboard. I have all 3-pin fans and I know the motherboard is capable of voltage control, but so far I can only get voltage control out of SYS_FAN1. Am I correct in thinking that SYS_FAN2 and SYS_FAN3 cannot output voltage control? The motherboard lists SYS_FAN3 as identical to SYS_FAN1 but I only get 100% out on that.

Secondly, does anyone know what the maximum power rating is for one of these headers? I want to hook up all four of my fans to the first header, but that's 3 high cfm slipstreams and a 200mm fan. I'm afraid the current draw with those fans at full would easily be past 1A, maybe 2A (each slipstream draws half an amp I believe). Which means a total power draw of 24W on a single header... too much?

EDIT: Forgot to list the model.. GA-Z77X-D3H
Edited by CiTRxJ - 12/20/12 at 11:36am
post #4337 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNeon View Post

Hmmm, I just bought the U3H and I must say, it's a very nice board.
What software/utilities should I install from the DVD? Once again, this is on the Z77X-U3H.
Cheers!

Just drivers, and maybe Gigabyte Tweak launcher if you want to overclock that way. For fan control use SpeedFan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiTRxJ View Post

So I'm trying to figure out how to hook up my fans to the motherboard. I have all 3-pin fans and I know the motherboard is capable of voltage control, but so far I can only get voltage control out of SYS_FAN1. Am I correct in thinking that SYS_FAN2 and SYS_FAN3 cannot output voltage control? The motherboard lists SYS_FAN3 as identical to SYS_FAN1 but I only get 100% out on that.
Secondly, does anyone know what the maximum power rating is for one of these headers? I want to hook up all four of my fans to the first header, but that's 3 high cfm slipstreams and a 200mm fan. I'm afraid the current draw with those fans at full would easily be past 1A, maybe 2A (each slipstream draws half an amp I believe). Which means a total power draw of 24W on a single header... too much?

Only 1 or 2 headers support voltage control depending on a board model, unless you got G1 Sniper 3 or UP7.

Maximum per header is 1A from what I remember.
Ivy Bridge
(21 items)
 
Ryzen
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 1600Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Western Digital WD1001FALS Samsung HD753LJ ST3300822AS 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital RED 3 TB Custom Loop Lamptron FC Touch Windows 8.1 update 1 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Red EVGA G2 1000W Cooler Master Cosmos II 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Logitech G240 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Schiit Valhalla 
Audio
M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy Bridge
(21 items)
 
Ryzen
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 1600Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Western Digital WD1001FALS Samsung HD753LJ ST3300822AS 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital RED 3 TB Custom Loop Lamptron FC Touch Windows 8.1 update 1 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Red EVGA G2 1000W Cooler Master Cosmos II 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Logitech G240 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Schiit Valhalla 
Audio
M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4338 of 6656
Anybody with a Kill-A-Watt, can you post how many Watts your UD5H uses with shut OFF?!
post #4339 of 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinsync View Post

Thanks, yes, I'm using the same UEFI installer usb drive I've used numerous times in the past (created via info posted on a Lenovo T530 forum). I've also just now installed a Samsung 830 SSD and get the same msg, namely, "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disks controller is enabled." I just updated to F14 BIOS. Same result. Tried a different usb installer (with same files on it) that has also worked fine previously. Same result.
Anyone have any suggestions of what to check next? Frustrating, as I had no apparent hiccups with the build. Only when I got to OS install. Doesn't like any disk at all. Is this a uefi installer issue? The \boot\efi directory is set up correctly (as per above post). Worked fine on asus z68 pro.

I had a samsung 830 and tried usb windows install. Same issue. Gave up and just used a DVD drive.
post #4340 of 6656
Hi again, I have a quick question. I want to install Lucid MVP, but when I go to install the software it says that it has failed to detect the integrated controller. Why would this be happening, do I need to activate a setting in the BIOS? Z77X-D3H + 3770K

Edit: Nvm, didn't realise you had to install a display driver for the iGPU...
Edited by GreenNeon - 12/20/12 at 5:02pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › GIGABYTE Z77X Owners/Discussion/Information/Support Thread and Club (UD5H, UD3H, D3H, and ALL)