Features: I wanted to implement a couple of things that the current script by sks72 does not have namely the ability to see the top 20 during the FaT and some statistics such as number of participants/total points earned by the team.
Also I wanted to add support for viewing the same statistics for previous FaTs. I know it is not perfect but it is a start!
I am looking to add more if anyone has some input I would appreciate it!
The plan(?): So basically I am looking for either bugs in the current design or ideas for features that other people would like to see. In the state that it is in now it really just includes those things that I have wanted. However I would like to add anything that others would find useful.
I am planning a minor test to run from 12 est on Wed to friday 12 est to serve as a test run for next weeks foldathon. Check it, you know you want to. If you have any problems please leave screen shots/URL links in their full (but preferably both) so that I can sort out any problems before the FaT. I will try and update this to show any known problems/plans for updates.
- one of the user searches is not working for IE right now fixed for right now completely fixed
- first update does not allow for searching. After the first update it works fine. Not a huge issue as everyones points are 0 anyways. Bigger problem then I though. It is not an issue if you have produced points but if not it defaults to the first person with 0 points. If this is the case I think I am going to have it just order by overall points. Solved
- Does not give an error when searching for an invalid user fixed
- fix the formatting at the end of table Thanks Lutz
- footer does not stay at bottom of page. it can get stuck mid screen if the window is not big enough Lutz help
- countdown till update/foldathon and display current time Once again all Lutz
- first update is a little funky. Need to order by total points. Currently showing you as the first person when searching after the first update.
- Some problems with older internet clients have been reported. My advice is update your browser. However if this becomes an issue I will look into it more
- Problem with the update times. 1 minute before the update it says 61 minutes and right before the update this goes down to 0. May be something stupid but dont want to try a fix until after the FaT Tempted kev dogs law and fixed this
- when users have the same number of points it does not order the users correctly.
So here is the URL: http://126.96.36.199 let me know what you think. Currently it serves more like a bad version of eocn but if all goes well it will be an unofficial FaT come Wed lets see who has the highest points and wins
Well the test run is over and all went well. Looking forward to seeing how this script runs in the upcoming foldathon. Tons of thanks goes out to FiX for creating the general style that is worlds better than what I had and Lutz for helping me with some CSS. He was very nice in dealing with my nooby CSS knowledge.
Some thanks are in order
- Sks for the server, bandwidth, and questions
- FiX for the styling
- Lutz.... amazing programmer/styler almost hard to keep up with.
- axipher for answering questions (be prepared for a flood any day)
Edited by crystalhand - 4/20/12 at 9:15am