Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › [Official] Vertex 4 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Vertex 4 Owners Club - Page 3

post #21 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ofus View Post

Well, I'm having a bit of trouble getting the firmware updated. I tried putting it in my other PC to run the program but apparently
there is an issue. That system has an old Abit IP35 board which recognizes the Vertex but doesn't work when I run the firmware update. The Toolbox downloads Everest then says something like 252 downloaded, then prompts me to reboot to finish the update. But when I reboot nothing happens.
Looked around the OCZ forums and found some similar threads. Getting kind of late tonight so I might try messing with it again tomorrow.


I had the same problem. It was because my sata controller wasn't set to ahci. Make sure you set your controller to ahci mode and it should work. Good luck!
Edited by HadoKing - 5/27/12 at 8:23am
post #22 of 411
Well, I got it all straightened out. Just took an old sata drive and reinstalled Windows on that. Kept my V4 plugged into the Intel sata port and ran the update. Everything went as planned. Here are my new numbers :

495
post #23 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodi View Post

If you post your system specs perhaps you will get some help

I'm using gigabyte z77x d3h mobo
I5 3570k @ 4.5 GHz
16gigs of Kingston hyper x @ 1600
And vertex 4 128 with 1.4 firmware
I'm using the Intel controller set to ahci too. I don't know why my scores are so low. On my oc all I changed was my vtt and pll voltages so I don't see how that can affect my ssd performance like a base volt oc would. Any suggestions would be great. Questions are welcome.
post #24 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by HadoKing View Post

I'm using gigabyte z77x d3h mobo
I5 3570k @ 4.5 GHz
16gigs of Kingston hyper x @ 1600
And vertex 4 128 with 1.4 firmware
I'm using the Intel controller set to ahci too. I don't know why my scores are so low. On my oc all I changed was my vtt and pll voltages so I don't see how that can affect my ssd performance like a base volt oc would. Any suggestions would be great. Questions are welcome.

We have the same motherboard. Sata 1 and 2 are the Intel ports. If you are using this as a boot drive you should be on the first Sata port. I really don't think your overclock has anything to do with your score. You might want to check that all your power options are maxed out in Windows and in the bios i.e. no power saving functions. If you haven't already you could install the Intel RST driver and see what you get. That is what I use. Failing those issues, I can't see the problem unless your drive is nearly full.

Did you do a fresh install after the upgrade or a system restore?
post #25 of 411
HadoKing sorry but I forgot to mention the obvious. I am on the same Gigabyte motherboard with the latest F8 bios. If you are on an earlier bios it could cause your problem.
post #26 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodi View Post

We have the same motherboard. Sata 1 and 2 are the Intel ports. If you are using this as a boot drive you should be on the first Sata port. I really don't think your overclock has anything to do with your score. You might want to check that all your power options are maxed out in Windows and in the bios i.e. no power saving functions. If you haven't already you could install the Intel RST driver and see what you get. That is what I use. Failing those issues, I can't see the problem unless your drive is nearly full.
Did you do a fresh install after the upgrade or a system restore?

I'm using the first intel sata port. Port 0 I think it's called. I was using Intel RST but uninstalled it to see if that helped and it didn't. My drive has 80Gb fee so I'm sure that's not it. I updated the firmware as soon as I got the drive and installed windows fresh on the ssd. Right after I got my vertex 4 my windows splash screen never even fully loaded, but now it's fully forming the window image and then hitting the desktop. The only things I did on the windows side was disable prefetch and superfetch and change some page filing stuff. I'm starting to think I am just going to have to live with sub par scores. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
post #27 of 411
Installed some updated drivers and tweaked a few settings. New benchmark numbers:

495
post #28 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ofus View Post

Installed some updated drivers and tweaked a few settings. New benchmark numbers:
495

I am so jealous! Congrats, man!
post #29 of 411
Vertex 4 now has a bootable tool to update FW. It's compatible with windows, linux and mac. You will need to burn to disk or use a bootable usb drive.

OCZ has promised a FW possibliy tomorrow or Monday for those who are waking from sleep with errors.

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?99275-NEW
Edited by fastpcman12 - 6/7/12 at 2:20pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K Asus p8z68-v pro Gigabyte GTX 670 Wind OC 16GB G-skill Ripjaws X (Blue) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex 4 128 Win7x64 corsair ax 850w HAF-X 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K Asus p8z68-v pro Gigabyte GTX 670 Wind OC 16GB G-skill Ripjaws X (Blue) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex 4 128 Win7x64 corsair ax 850w HAF-X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 411
Interim Firmware 1.4.1.3 - Sleep and Cold Boot Fix

http://www.ocztechnology.com/ssd_tools/OCZ_Vertex_4_and_Agility_4/
Quote:
*CURRENT FIRMWARE RELEASE is v1.4.1.3


Updating the firmware from the toolbox is not supported when Windows is running off the drive you are trying to update.


WARNING: This is NOT a Destructive Flash for firmware version 1.4 and newer. This is a Destructive Flash for firmware version 1.3 & 1.4RC, back up all data on SSD. Proceeding with this update will result in complete loss of data on the SSD.

WARNING: This is a two step firmware update process.

1. Run OCZ Toolbox. Toolbox will update firmware to 1.4.1.2 first.

2. Shutdown and restart the system.

3. Run OCZ Toolbox again, Toolbox will now update firmware to 1.4.1.3.

This completes the firmware update.


-Toolbox will not update a primary system drive (e.g. drive letter "C:"). You must run Windows from another drive and then update your SSD using Toolbox.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SSD
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › [Official] Vertex 4 Owners Club