Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › More Ivy Bridge benchmarks - Sandybridge comparison - 3770K vs 2600K (Performance, temps etc) "Couple Of LN2 scores are up"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

More Ivy Bridge benchmarks - Sandybridge comparison - 3770K vs 2600K (Performance, temps etc) "Couple Of LN2 scores are up" - Page 27

post #261 of 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujeto 1 View Post

Yes, i dont understand any tick-tock nietzsche Philosophy because this is more like a Tick - Tock - Tock and Tock Philosophy, c'mon i don't care about any weird Philosophy to explain whytf is they launching a processor garbage that hotter, bad overclocker and consume more power, you say is better, better than who? 2600k cost 309 (less than 3770k) and overclocked to 5 Ghz i bet is better than any IB. So be realistic, we are goin back not foward. Im not here to test Intel garbage, they MUST test their products very well before launch anything, Serious Company don't fool their customers, because there are something called reputation, i work on a celular assambler company and we don't release any new tecnology before test them even in normal use among us, and our familys then we release them. BUT of course AMD is not already a competition and we are starting to see effects of it (tick tock Monopoly Philosphy).
higher than any SB??? did you saw the test posted on this forum of the 3770k or not?

with some good cooler or ln2 can reach better clocks than sb.i have read i think a earlier model of 3770k and they done almost 7 ghz i think

they just love water.see the new 22nm gpu.they insane overclock under water
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
Reply
post #262 of 690
I was thinking more of all the screens I've seen at 6 - 7Ghz where no sandy has been before. Might not be the greatest clocker for air coolers, but if you can cool it, it will scale with temps, unlike sandy.
Intel is doing it right again & i look forward to getting some ivy.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
post #263 of 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtW 420 View Post

I was thinking more of all the screens I've seen at 6 - 7Ghz where no sandy has been before. Might not be the greatest clocker for air coolers, but if you can cool it, it will scale with temps, unlike sandy.
Intel is doing it right again & i look forward to getting some ivy.

is like gtx680.scale better with lower temps.thats why you want to keep at least your 680 under 70 C
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
Reply
post #264 of 690
I hope you all are rigth and intel release a good product, because this seems to be the year of the hardware desappointment the only thing im watching scaling here are the BIG PRICES. but again i hope im wrong and you are rigth.
Edited by Sujeto 1 - 4/17/12 at 4:32pm
post #265 of 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtW 420 View Post

I was thinking more of all the screens I've seen at 6 - 7Ghz where no sandy has been before. Might not be the greatest clocker for air coolers, but if you can cool it, it will scale with temps, unlike sandy.
Intel is doing it right again & i look forward to getting some ivy.

I'm going to ask you because you know what you're talking about.

I'm good to be cooling this chip with an H100 push fan only. Do you think I will have just as good performance from IVY than I will from Sandy Bridge?

In other words if overclocked which will do better for me performance wise?

I've got to decide Ivy 3770K or Sandy 2700K.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #266 of 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

I'm going to ask you because you know what you're talking about.
I'm good to be cooling this chip with an H100 push fan only. Do you think I will have just as good performance from IVY than I will from Sandy Bridge?
In other words if overclocked which will do better for me performance wise?
I've got to decide Ivy 3770K or Sandy 2700K.

because you have a gtx680 and the possibility to sli maybe in the next year is high i highly recommend ivy.also from what i see the second member here that have a 3570k i think he done 4,8 at 1.22 v.dont forget that not all of the 2700 k can reach 5 ghz.some cant even pass 4,6
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
Reply
post #267 of 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarhell View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

I'm going to ask you because you know what you're talking about.
I'm good to be cooling this chip with an H100 push fan only. Do you think I will have just as good performance from IVY than I will from Sandy Bridge?
In other words if overclocked which will do better for me performance wise?
I've got to decide Ivy 3770K or Sandy 2700K.

because you have a gtx680 and the possibility to sli maybe in the next year is high i highly recommend ivy.also from what i see the second member here that have a 3570k i think he done 4,8 at 1.22 v.dont forget that not all of the 2700 k can reach 5 ghz.some cant even pass 4,6

thumb.gif
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #268 of 690
Thread Starter 
The only time you will see a good IB beat a good SB in pure clock speeds is under a phase, dice or LN2. I'm done with some thermal testing on my 3570K in 30min and will post some results there.
post #269 of 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtW 420 View Post

I was thinking more of all the screens I've seen at 6 - 7Ghz where no sandy has been before. Might not be the greatest clocker for air coolers, but if you can cool it, it will scale with temps, unlike sandy.
Intel is doing it right again & i look forward to getting some ivy.

I'm going to ask you because you know what you're talking about.

I'm good to be cooling this chip with an H100 push fan only. Do you think I will have just as good performance from IVY than I will from Sandy Bridge?

In other words if overclocked which will do better for me performance wise?

I've got to decide Ivy 3770K or Sandy 2700K.

Hard call, when cooled with air/water I've only seen the same posts & screens that others have seen & it can run pretty hot, you'll have to wait for more user input to see what the average overclocks are with conventional cooling. It'll still be a silicon lottery.
Sandy spoiled the air coolers & disappointed the extreme coolers, max clocks on air was the same as the max clocks extreme cooled. Freezing the chip was just good for longevity, it will be nice to see a new intel chip that scales with cold again!
I'm sure it'll still be decent on air, not really looking like the average ivy will outclock the average sandy so far though. We'll know more in a week.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
post #270 of 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggy88 View Post

The only time you will see a good IB beat a good SB in pure clock speeds is under a phase, dice or LN2. I'm done with some thermal testing on my 3570K in 30min and will post some results there.

Did u try with the less PLL voltage? I hope u did... On my 2 SB i5 2500 K less PLL did wonders on air and water! smile.gif
Zeus
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 5 Ghz @ 1.488 V 24/7 Asrock p67 extreme 4 B3 Gainward GTX 570 GS GLH @ 850/2100 @ 1.00V 2x4 Gb G:SKILL Sniper @ 1600 9-9-9-24 t1 @ 1.260 V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
RAID-2xWD Sata3 Blue 500 Gb + 1xWD Sata3 Green 2TB none RAD: EK XTC 420 CPU Block: EK-Supreme HF - Full Nickel-EN 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
GPU Block: EK Universal EN Win7 Professional 64Bit LG Flatron M2362D 23"[1920x1080] Steelseries 6GV2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX PRO 550W CoolerMaster CM690 II Nvidia Edition Razer DeathAdder 3500Dpi Left hand edition Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
Zeus
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 5 Ghz @ 1.488 V 24/7 Asrock p67 extreme 4 B3 Gainward GTX 570 GS GLH @ 850/2100 @ 1.00V 2x4 Gb G:SKILL Sniper @ 1600 9-9-9-24 t1 @ 1.260 V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
RAID-2xWD Sata3 Blue 500 Gb + 1xWD Sata3 Green 2TB none RAD: EK XTC 420 CPU Block: EK-Supreme HF - Full Nickel-EN 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
GPU Block: EK Universal EN Win7 Professional 64Bit LG Flatron M2362D 23"[1920x1080] Steelseries 6GV2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX PRO 550W CoolerMaster CM690 II Nvidia Edition Razer DeathAdder 3500Dpi Left hand edition Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
  • More Ivy Bridge benchmarks - Sandybridge comparison - 3770K vs 2600K (Performance, temps etc) "Couple Of LN2 scores are up"
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › More Ivy Bridge benchmarks - Sandybridge comparison - 3770K vs 2600K (Performance, temps etc) "Couple Of LN2 scores are up"