Originally Posted by EVGA Phaedrus
What do you think is MOST important (after quality, preformance, and support)?
I'll put them in order for you Phaeds:Cable length
- obviously mandatory that the cables are long enough, so this has to come first. I also don't like it much if they're way too long, but that's better than too short Modularity
- I've grown attached to having a modular PSU for a number of reasons, probably wouldn't want to go back to fixed unless the price difference was really substantial. Modularity is worth a premium to me, for sure.Efficiency
- Decent efficiency is reasonably important to me, but I don't have to have Gold ... it's not a huge enough deal to make me rate it above the other concerns. If my current PSU died and you gave me an old low-efficiency but great PSU like a Signature I'd rock that thing rather than spend money on a fancy new Gold unit.
- I prefer my PSU to have cable sleeving, for sure ... but it doesn't have to be flashy or even great quality sleeving for me to be cool with it.
Low noise levels
- PSU's are all so quiet nowadays compared to all the other stuff we all have in our cases.Looks
- I prefer a subtle, classy, low-key look. My current PSU is just a very generic glossy black with black sleeving, and I love it. It's what inside that counts with me Accessories
- I could care less what else is in the box besides my PSU and cables.Edited by brettjv - 4/12/12 at 11:25pm