Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › rat 7 tracking fail - reccomend me a new mat or mouse.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

rat 7 tracking fail - reccomend me a new mat or mouse.

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
So had a rat 7 since about christmas, loved it so far was just so comftable and heavy with all the weights in it. Such a stepup from my razer naga in comfort and weight but the twin eye lazer thingy is starting to crap out on me for some reason about 4 days ago the mouse has started moving on its own. I cant click things on desktop or anything the mouth will move down the way right or left constantly. Little tap on the desk or even typing on the keyboard will make it spaz out and go all over the place.

I am using a cloth mouse pad one of the steelseries quik pads with graphics on it (warcraft one). When I put it on my wooden desk its alot better hardly any extra movment so I read around and apparntly its a dark cloth issue with the twin eye.
Can anyone reccomend me a nice pad to go with it to stop this tracking issue, and if their is no fix can someone reccomend me a nice HEAVY and comftable mouse.
post #2 of 14
Razer Goliathus Control Edition Alpha is the one I use with my R.A.T. 7 and it works like a charm. I use the control edition because I prefer precise movement over speed movement with the Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Alpha. Also I have the Alpha version because I use all the space in the mouse pad when playing games (I play with low sensitivity so I need a big mouse pad).
post #3 of 14
I would recommend the G500. It's a weighted mouse. I have had it about 9 month and love it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104318
R2D2
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
R2D2
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
post #4 of 14
Maybe if you also give some input into the size of the mat you are after it would be beneficial.
I would say go for a cheap hard mat, something like the Razer Sphex?

Although again it does also depend on the size. I would have also thought that the Razer Vespula would be nice due to the integrated wrist rest, also dual sided if you are interested in that, catering to both speed and precision. But at the price, I think it is a bit too much for a mat.


---EDIT---

If you also want some recommendations on mice, put some info about what you want from your mouse. I am planning to do a mini review of the Steelseries Xai agaist a G500 and a Wheel Mouse Optical this weekend. I'll see how things pan out for me.
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Ah ty for the advice I am trying to decide between a mat or a new mouse. Would be really annoyed if I got a new mat and the mouse still didnt work then I had to get a new mouse anyway.
I did specify I said heavy and comftable. I have no budget for the mouse or mousepad I would even go as far as the mamba elite at $130 tho I see that has alot of charger issues.
I think I will try the razer golithius mouse pad ty.
I was looking at the g500 it is almost perfect awsome weight system and enough dpi and big enough, but holy crap is it ugly. It looks like some beefed up buisness mans mouse. I am a sucker for aesthetics when it comes to mice/keyboards/headsets.

I will probally go with the new mousepad and hope for the best. Problem is im ordering this week and its from america I send checks to my gran and get her to order there then send to me cause its half the price. I am doing a full new build with new keyboard etc so I have to be sure cause when its here its here! No going back or second guesses so if theres a chance my rat 7 is bad I would probally just rather get a new mouse.
Can anyone shed some light on this one
http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Diablo-III-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B005L38QK2/ref=sr_1_45?ie=UTF8&qid=1334310634&sr=8-45
It looks gorgeous seriously, but I am guessing is going to be very light.
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projector View Post

I did specify I said heavy and comftable. I have no budget for the mouse or mousepad I would even go as far as the mamba elite at $130 tho I see that has alot of charger issues.
I think I will try the razer golithius mouse pad ty.
I was looking at the g500 it is almost perfect awsome weight system and enough dpi and big enough, but holy crap is it ugly. It looks like some beefed up buisness mans mouse. I am a sucker for aesthetics when it comes to mice/keyboards/headsets.
I will probally go with the new mousepad and hope for the best. Problem is im ordering this week and its from america I send checks to my gran and get her to order there then send to me cause its half the price. I am doing a full new build with new keyboard etc so I have to be sure cause when its here its here! No going back or second guesses so if theres a chance my rat 7 is bad I would probally just rather get a new mouse.
Can anyone shed some light on this one
http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Diablo-III-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B005L38QK2/ref=sr_1_45?ie=UTF8&qid=1334310634&sr=8-45
It looks gorgeous seriously, but I am guessing is going to be very light.


Hey, sorry I should have been more specific. When I mentioned if you could provide us with more details about what you are after, I was thinking more along the lines of grip style, dpi sensitivity you use, any "must haves" etc... please see this sticky:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1139756/looking-to-buy-a-mouse-mousepad-read-this-first/0_20


With regards to your purchase, I would say that it is best to try the mouse on a hard pad / surface for a while first before you order because of the complexity of your international order. More importantly as you say, it would be a quite annoying to order a pad only to find you need a new mouse anyways.

Please bear in mind the sensor on the Rat 7 is suspect to lift off problems from what I have read, and they do not like soft mats. But if the mouse has only started to experience these problems then it might be an issue with the mouse rather than the pad.

Out of curiosity have you checked the laser on the mouse to see if it has any dust / hair covering it?

Finally, in regards to the Diablo mouse, off the top of my head it is about 100g which is a fairly light mouse. You can’t add more weight to it, but if it is anything like the Xai I’m pretty sure that the build quality of it will have a high quality feel.


---apologies for any spelling / grammatical errors actually at work tongue.gif---
Edited by 5nak3 - 4/13/12 at 4:22am
post #7 of 14
i went to staples and bought a massive gaming cloth mouse pad for 8 dollars. i love it
Blue Steel
(15 items)
 
i5 2500k build
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Biostar TZ68K+ XFX R7950 Double Dissipation Corsair Vengeance 8gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate No Name Drive Windows 7 64bit Home Premium Samsung Syncmaster2232BW 22inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
1991 Packard Bell Mechanical Keyboard( weighs a... Rosewill 630 Watt Apevia X-Plorer Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Black standard pad. Plantronics Headset Hyper 212+ 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k@4.3Ghz ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen 3 PNY GTX560 ti Corsair Vengeance 8gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate ASUS Hyper 212+ Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228 Logitech wireless Rocketfish RF-700WPS 700 Watts Haf 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Massive blue cloth pad Boston speakers from 1997 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Steel
(15 items)
 
i5 2500k build
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Biostar TZ68K+ XFX R7950 Double Dissipation Corsair Vengeance 8gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate No Name Drive Windows 7 64bit Home Premium Samsung Syncmaster2232BW 22inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
1991 Packard Bell Mechanical Keyboard( weighs a... Rosewill 630 Watt Apevia X-Plorer Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Black standard pad. Plantronics Headset Hyper 212+ 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k@4.3Ghz ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen 3 PNY GTX560 ti Corsair Vengeance 8gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate ASUS Hyper 212+ Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228 Logitech wireless Rocketfish RF-700WPS 700 Watts Haf 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Massive blue cloth pad Boston speakers from 1997 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projector View Post

So had a rat 7 since about christmas, loved it so far was just so comftable and heavy with all the weights in it. Such a stepup from my razer naga in comfort and weight but the twin eye lazer thingy is starting to crap out on me for some reason about 4 days ago the mouse has started moving on its own. I cant click things on desktop or anything the mouth will move down the way right or left constantly. Little tap on the desk or even typing on the keyboard will make it spaz out and go all over the place.
I am using a cloth mouse pad one of the steelseries quik pads with graphics on it (warcraft one). When I put it on my wooden desk its alot better hardly any extra movment so I read around and apparntly its a dark cloth issue with the twin eye.
Can anyone reccomend me a nice pad to go with it to stop this tracking issue, and if their is no fix can someone reccomend me a nice HEAVY and comftable mouse.

The problems you are experiencing is the result of the notorious "z-axis tracking", the sensor will track vibrations and other things that any other sensor wouldn't do. When you're having problems with the mouse on the QcK are you putting any pressure on the mouse pad, are you pressing your wrist into the mouse pad? I had problems with a twin eye equipped mouse that would track whenever I pressed my wrist into the edge of one of my cloth pads.

A hard pad will mitigate the issue but you may still have problems with the sensor reading vibrations, I'd personally recommend that you ditch the mouse and look elsewhere.
post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 
Thankyou awsome advice, I will try using it on my desk and some other hard surfaces and will give the lazer a clean with some pressure air. Will be ordering all my stuff in 2 weeks tho so got a bit of time to test it out.
Sorry about being vague, Has to have atleast 4k dpi would prefer heavy but could make exceptions for mice like that diablo one.I dont mind additional buttons as I still have my naga to go back to for mmos.
Though I think my girlfriend wants to steel that off me for tera tongue.gif Eh I palm grip and as I said must be flashy/good looking tho I guess thats subjective to the persons tastes. I like razer type aesthetics but not over the top, nice and "slick".
post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
The problems you are experiencing is the result of the notorious "z-axis tracking", the sensor will track vibrations and other things that any other sensor wouldn't do. When you're having problems with the mouse on the QcK are you putting any pressure on the mouse pad, are you pressing your wrist into the mouse pad? I had problems with a twin eye equipped mouse that would track whenever I pressed my wrist into the edge of one of my cloth pads.

A hard pad will mitigate the issue but you may still have problems with the sensor reading vibrations, I'd personally recommend that you ditch the mouse and look elsewhere.

Nice and technical ty. Sucks was hoping to hold onto it as I love the feel of it, so comftable and heavy and looks amazing. I cannot justify buying another one of the same so will look elsewhere.
So any mouse with the same lazer as this could end up having the same problem? Because If so why does my naga work perfectly, not once have I had a problem on cloth pads or anything and that also has the twin eye sensor.
Is the 3.5g or 4g lazer much better?
Edited by Projector - 4/13/12 at 4:38am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › rat 7 tracking fail - reccomend me a new mat or mouse.