Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech® introduces new Lok-Seal™ brand of compression fittings
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech® introduces new Lok-Seal™ brand of compression fittings - Page 6

post #51 of 94
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatDog View Post

Gabe,
Any chance you would make a base adapter that would have a swivel? Something like Bitspowers:
245
Could give you the best of both worlds, minimize cost for those that want straight compression and allow those that want to spend more to get a swivel base to prevent torque. I know you say your's lock in place so maybe it is a moot point. I have all BP rotaries and find that I can better control bends in the tube or have close proximity attachments using rotaries since the short tube length amplifies the stored torque.
BTW: love your products, been rocking a 360-QP for almost 6 years now and have dual MCP-35x's on a Koolance RP-402X2 that won't bleed. Looking to get that dual top and dumping the Koolance. Keep up the great engineering!

Yes, we could do this :-)
post #52 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe@swiftech View Post

You say this because you are used to the 60%+ compression rate of BP's and others. This compression rate is way out of specs.
A normal oring compression rate is 30%, which is exactly what we have spec'd. Talk to any mechancial engineer if you want confirmation.
I am afraid I have to strongly disagree with you here: you wouldn't be able to loosen the fittings with your bare fingers if they had been tightened per our recommendations, reprinted below for your convenience:
273

thanks for the reply.

I've no issues with tightening the fittings directly to the blocks/rads.

only when using the fitting with 45/90deg adapters, there seems to be little, close to no compression of the o-ring.

anyway, I've set up my loop and leak tested for a night. *fingers crossed* coolsmiley02.gif
post #53 of 94
Any update on the 45 and 90 degree swivels? ETA was 5/1/2012
post #54 of 94
Use barbs. Put the hose on after they are screwed in and properly tightened. Problem solved. Cheaper too.

Besides, fittings for a LC system don't need to be designed to the same standards as fittings for other (high pressure) applications. The pressure in most LC systems is so low that If you could put thread tape on the small amount of threads available on most current fittings you may not even need O rings. It's commendable that these fittings are designed with greater security in mind but it may be a little bit of over kill.

Considering I could take a pair of scissors to just about any water cooling system and cause a complete failure with one snip is ultimately a more significant security concern than the preciseness of the fit of the fittings. wink.gif

Jet
post #55 of 94
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClown View Post

Any update on the 45 and 90 degree swivels? ETA was 5/1/2012

the 45's in black are up for sale on the site. We received them Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjaguarxp View Post

Use barbs. Put the hose on after they are screwed in and properly tightened. Problem solved. Cheaper too.
Besides, fittings for a LC system don't need to be designed to the same standards as fittings for other (high pressure) applications. The pressure in most LC systems is so low that If you could put thread tape on the small amount of threads available on most current fittings you may not even need O rings. It's commendable that these fittings are designed with greater security in mind but it may be a little bit of over kill.
Considering I could take a pair of scissors to just about any water cooling system and cause a complete failure with one snip is ultimately a more significant security concern than the preciseness of the fit of the fittings. wink.gif
Jet


The immediate comparision that comes to my mind with respect to your comments is someone telling other people not to wear their seat-belt while driving in town.

I am kind of curious: do you actually have a liquid cooling system installed in your computer?
post #56 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe@swiftech View Post

the 45's in black are up for sale on the site. We received them Friday.
The immediate comparision that comes to my mind with respect to your comments is someone telling other people not to wear their seat-belt while driving in town.
I am kind of curious: do you actually have a liquid cooling system installed in your computer?

No, a more accurate comparison in regards to his comments is, why wear a 5 point safety harness intended to be used during racing events if you're just driving into town?
I honestly agree with him too. Also, just in cae you are wondering, I do have water cooling in my PC.
My Desktop
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4790K Asus Z97M-Plus Sapphire R9 285 ITX Compact Edition Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB DDR3  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Evo Corsair Hydro H100i Windows 8.1 Pro Dell S2415H 24" IPS LED HD  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Corsair CX500 Corsair Obsidian 350D Dell Mouse 
AudioOther
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Cyber Power BRG1350AVRLCD UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
My Desktop
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4790K Asus Z97M-Plus Sapphire R9 285 ITX Compact Edition Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB DDR3  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Evo Corsair Hydro H100i Windows 8.1 Pro Dell S2415H 24" IPS LED HD  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Corsair CX500 Corsair Obsidian 350D Dell Mouse 
AudioOther
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Cyber Power BRG1350AVRLCD UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 94
Am I actually reading this right now? wth.gif

You people are crapping on these fittings because they are TOO SAFE for watercooling? Unbelievable. How can you even call them over-kill when they cost exactly the same as other compression fittings?kookoo.gif

I'm new to the world of watercooling and will be doing it for the first time ever in the next week or 2 with my new 3930k build, and will be using these fittings exclusively (other than some quick disconnects). Why the HELL would I not go with these fittings to make my build safer and less likely to leak, especially given it won't cost me anything to do so?
Gaming Machine
(13 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ OC'ed (2.94 GHz) Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe eVGA Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 (896-P3-1267-AR) 4x Corsair CMX512-3200XLPRO at 2-2-2-5 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 74GB Raptors in RAID 0 Plextor PX-716A Windows XP Pro SP3 Samsung SyncMaster 915N 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 ATX Custom Lian-Li PC-61 Logitech MX1000 
Mouse Pad
None 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon XP 2200+ Throughbred A Asus A7V333 Visiontek GeForce 4 Ti 4600 Patriot 512MB PC-2700 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 120GB TDK CDRW5200B / TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1612 Windows XP Home SP2 Samsung SyncMaster 700NF (BEST CRT FTW!) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Internet Keyboard Antec Truepower 430W Antec SX1040BII Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(13 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ OC'ed (2.94 GHz) Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe eVGA Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 (896-P3-1267-AR) 4x Corsair CMX512-3200XLPRO at 2-2-2-5 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 74GB Raptors in RAID 0 Plextor PX-716A Windows XP Pro SP3 Samsung SyncMaster 915N 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 ATX Custom Lian-Li PC-61 Logitech MX1000 
Mouse Pad
None 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon XP 2200+ Throughbred A Asus A7V333 Visiontek GeForce 4 Ti 4600 Patriot 512MB PC-2700 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 120GB TDK CDRW5200B / TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1612 Windows XP Home SP2 Samsung SyncMaster 700NF (BEST CRT FTW!) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Internet Keyboard Antec Truepower 430W Antec SX1040BII Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 94

Any chance these will be sold in blister packs (sets of X)?

Intel System 2011
(18 items)
 
AMD System 2009
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 630 Propus @ 3.5Ghz Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H Rev.1 ASUS EAH5450 SILENT/DI/512MD2(LP) 4x2GB G.Skill NQ DDR3 PC 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Momentus XT LG GSA-H30N Scythe Samurai ZZ Rev.B Win7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG CS 460 - 32" LCD TV Microsoft Reclusa Gaming Keyboard Thermaltake TR2 750w Fractal Design Core 1000 
Mouse
Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel System 2011
(18 items)
 
AMD System 2009
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 630 Propus @ 3.5Ghz Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H Rev.1 ASUS EAH5450 SILENT/DI/512MD2(LP) 4x2GB G.Skill NQ DDR3 PC 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Momentus XT LG GSA-H30N Scythe Samurai ZZ Rev.B Win7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG CS 460 - 32" LCD TV Microsoft Reclusa Gaming Keyboard Thermaltake TR2 750w Fractal Design Core 1000 
Mouse
Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollouser View Post

No, a more accurate comparison in regards to his comments is, why wear a 5 point safety harness intended to be used during racing events if you're just driving into town?
I honestly agree with him too. Also, just in cae you are won+dering, I do have water cooling in my PC.

And why use water cooling when air works just as good on today's low TDP components?

Compression fittings are not required but if you plan on using them, wouldn't you want well designed ones especially if the cost was the same or lower than others? The real comparison is if you planned on racing, wouldn't you get the five point harness if it cost the same as a seat belt. If you were just driving in to town, just use air cooling and this is all moot.
post #60 of 94
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollouser View Post

No, a more accurate comparison in regards to his comments is, why wear a 5 point safety harness intended to be used during racing events if you're just driving into town?
I honestly agree with him too. Also, just in cae you are wondering, I do have water cooling in my PC.

Then you two are free to take your chances, it's your wallet after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1986 View Post

Am I actually reading this right now? wth.gif
You people are crapping on these fittings because they are TOO SAFE for watercooling? Unbelievable. How can you even call them over-kill when they cost exactly the same as other compression fittings?kookoo.gif
I'm new to the world of watercooling and will be doing it for the first time ever in the next week or 2 with my new 3930k build, and will be using these fittings exclusively (other than some quick disconnects). Why the HELL would I not go with these fittings to make my build safer and less likely to leak, especially given it won't cost me anything to do so?

I know, it is irritating isn't it? Not about what they say about our fittings, but more importantly the casual approach they take. "Hey it's so low pressure, you could just put some teflon tape.." Not even mentionning that teflon tape is never used on straight threads, right? Honestly, I am at a loss for words here. Sorry I'm having a real hard time keeping my cool. doh.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by CramComplex View Post

Any chance these will be sold in blister packs (sets of X)?

Yes, I like the concept. I have to work on packaging.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech® introduces new Lok-Seal™ brand of compression fittings