Originally Posted by Dman
Well according to this graph by the Minnesota dept of health a pc gives off between 50-90hz of a magnetic field http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/e...emf/index.html
Its an interesting subject anyways, of course immediate exposure to magnetic fields isn't the problem, its the the long term affects they are worried about, course we will never know since home pc's haven't been around for 30+ years. Food for thought.
I've heard similar rhetoric against microwave oven use; microwaves use a magnetron to 'spin' EM radiation from a wall socket and agitate assymetrical particles. Yet there are so many other dangers in a kitchen - toxic fumes, open flame, sharp instruments, bacteria colonies breeding - that the danger from microwaves (if we put aside the uncertainty of there actually being
a danger) is negligible.
I would be more concerned with getting a tetanus shot for that cut I got from modding, or the fumes arising from a fried power supply. Or the computer falling on your head as you slept, because your cat pulled on the power cord. Or any of a thousand unseen and unknown hazards waiting for just the right moment...
...Or you could accept that life is finite, and get on with it.