Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS / ASRock / MSI / GIGABYTE BIOS's with updated RAID OROM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASUS / ASRock / MSI / GIGABYTE BIOS's with updated RAID OROM - Page 101

post #1001 of 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido1993 View Post

Here should be the link for what you are asking: www.mediafire.com/file/ldqx75arqmioklx/Marvell_SATA3_ROM_1.0.1.0025.rar
Thanks for the link, which contains the Marvell_91xx_SATA3_ROM and the Marvell 91xx BIOS_v1.0.1.0025 as 131 KB sized file. I am offering the same file >here<</a>.
Quote:
I didn't update that one, I just noticed it :>
So you updated just the Marvell 91xx ROM module without updating anything else regarding Marvell? Did you verify, that the Marvell SATA3 Controller really works?
post #1002 of 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando 1 View Post

Thanks for the link, which contains the Marvell_91xx_SATA3_ROM and the Marvell 91xx BIOS_v1.0.1.0025 as 131 KB sized file. I am offering the same file here.
So you updated just the Marvell 91xx ROM module without updating anything else regarding Marvell? Did you verify, that the Marvell SATA3 Controller really works?

Absolutely! I have an optical drive on it and it's currently working with no issues at all smile.gif
post #1003 of 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido1993 View Post

As I have received some requests for this, I am posting here the modded BIOS for P8P67 Deluxe B3 I made (and already tested on my own board) with the following updated ROMS:
Realtek Network Device: 2.52
Jmicron Sata Device: 1.07.28
Marvel Sata Device: 1.0.0.1033
Intel GB Network Device: 1.3.95
Intel Raid Controller Set to: 11.6.0.1702 (Trim Enabled, as already done by garikfox)
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cj6j5pt7o5n6kyx/P8P67-DELUXE-ASUS-3602.ROM
@garikfox: Maybe you could upload it on your FTP server, should you consider it a good thing to do biggrin.gif

That's great.

Is OSX Fix too on that bios or you made just for you ? If no - would you mind to share it also.
Slic 2.1 are also welcome ... LOL

Btw, have you guys checked if this mobo also have all the features of WOL / WOW ? - I can resume from sleep on windows 7 and my asus router, but cannot remot power it from "begin / start" others cheap mobos does have this kind of feature.

Thx
post #1004 of 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido1993 View Post

Absolutely! I have an optical drive on it and it's currently working with no issues at all smile.gif
That is interesting.
Are you sure, that the onboard Marvell SATA Controller is running in AHCI mode and using the updated Marvell 91xx AHCI ROM? Do you get a Marvell AHCI OROM popup while booting?
Please check the Marvell Storage Controller settings within the BIOS section "Onboard Devices Configuration": Have the Marvell Storage Controller and Marvell Storage OPROM been set to "Enabled"?
post #1005 of 3914
I used garifox's modded BIOS with TRIM on my z68 mobo with Intel RST 11.6.0.1030 and TRIM worked fine in a RAID-0 array. Yesterday I upgraded RST to 11.7.0.1013 and I realized the TRIM is not working anymore. I uninstalled 11.7.0.1013 and installed back 11.6.0.1030, but TRIM is still not working. I haven't touched the BIOS.

Do you have any idea?
post #1006 of 3914
Guys... wait! Is there now firmware update for Realtek LAN controllers? My M/B is using the 8111E, how can I see what version I'm currently on etc? What's that update "Realtek Network Device from 2.38 to 2.52"?

Unless I misunderstood here... Thank you anyway!
NM
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K MSI G45 Gaming GTX 970 2x4GB 1600Mhz CL8 1.5V BallistiX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 PRO Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright True Spirit 140 Windows 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 24" IPS 1080p MS Sidewinder X6 Corsair CS550M Fazn Theseus 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder 3.5G Steel Series ALC 1150 - X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Logitech Z5500 5.1 & Logitech Z533 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
NM
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K MSI G45 Gaming GTX 970 2x4GB 1600Mhz CL8 1.5V BallistiX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 PRO Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright True Spirit 140 Windows 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 24" IPS 1080p MS Sidewinder X6 Corsair CS550M Fazn Theseus 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder 3.5G Steel Series ALC 1150 - X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Logitech Z5500 5.1 & Logitech Z533 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1007 of 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss745 View Post

I used garifox's modded BIOS with TRIM on my z68 mobo with Intel RST 11.6.0.1030 and TRIM worked fine in a RAID-0 array. Yesterday I upgraded RST to 11.7.0.1013 and I realized the TRIM is not working anymore. I uninstalled 11.7.0.1013 and installed back 11.6.0.1030, but TRIM is still not working. I haven't touched the BIOS.
Do you have any idea?

Try RST v11.6.2.1002
System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K @4.5Ghz Asus P9X79 LE Zotac GTX 1080 AMP G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 4x4GB 2400Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 3TB LG WH14NS40 BD Rewriter Samsung SH-S223Q 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 x64 Enterprise Samsung UN43KU7500 43" Curved 4K LCD Motospeed Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec HCP 1200 Watt CM HAF922 Sharkk 16K DPI Laser Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K @4.5Ghz Asus P9X79 LE Zotac GTX 1080 AMP G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 4x4GB 2400Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 3TB LG WH14NS40 BD Rewriter Samsung SH-S223Q 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 x64 Enterprise Samsung UN43KU7500 43" Curved 4K LCD Motospeed Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec HCP 1200 Watt CM HAF922 Sharkk 16K DPI Laser Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1008 of 3914
Speaking of custom bios mods anyone try customizing your boot logo? I'm about to try using the amilogo tool. Weird that now these modern roms are using jpg format. With the tool I was able to extract the original logo at a size just under 30k and use photoshop to create a custom 1024x768 logo with my contact info engraved into it just in case of theft. Logo looks really cool. Took the default apple boot logo and enhanced it with chisel effects and lens flare. Going to try to flash it up after work if i had more time. Would have called in sick if I could! Can't wait!
post #1009 of 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deo Domuique View Post

Guys... wait! Is there now firmware update for Realtek LAN controllers? My M/B is using the 8111E, how can I see what version I'm currently on etc? What's that update "Realtek Network Device from 2.38 to 2.52"?
Unless I misunderstood here... Thank you anyway!

Yeah there is a new update on the Realtek site. I believe it's tucked into a dos installer but the rom is in a sub folder and can be patched in using mmtool..
post #1010 of 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando 1 View Post

That is interesting.
Are you sure, that the onboard Marvell SATA Controller is running in AHCI mode and using the updated Marvell 91xx AHCI ROM? Do you get a Marvell AHCI OROM popup while booting?
Please check the Marvell Storage Controller settings within the BIOS section "Onboard Devices Configuration": Have the Marvell Storage Controller and Marvell Storage OPROM been set to "Enabled"?

I indeed get the popup on boot smile.gif And it reports the plugged in Optical Drive. Marvell is running in AHCI and I can correctly access it's configuration panel during boot, pressing CTRL+M (hope I remember the right hotkey).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS / ASRock / MSI / GIGABYTE BIOS's with updated RAID OROM