Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS / ASRock / MSI / GIGABYTE BIOS's with updated RAID OROM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASUS / ASRock / MSI / GIGABYTE BIOS's with updated RAID OROM - Page 130

post #1291 of 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando 1 View Post

Who has written that? The Intel LEGACY RAID ROM contains the firmware for the SATA RAID and for the SATA AHCI Controller.
Please reread what I have written. The SataDriver v12.0.0.1783 will work with 6-Series chipset mainboards, but I am not 100% sure, if it is the SataDriver.ffs file, which has to be inserted.
Usually you can use either a "regular" RST driver package (e.g. v11.2.0.1006) or one of the more actual RST(e) ones containing the additional SCSI driver (e.g. v11.7.1.1001 or v12.0.0.1082) unless you are going to install Windows 8 in EFI mode onto a RAID array. The "SataDriver" module will not accept any conventional Intel RST driverpack below v11.5.x.xxxx containing just the iaStor.sys as driver.

Sorry about that, no one's written that. I was actually asking you about it since I don't know the answer.

Oh ok, I understand about the SataDriver.

Ok. How about the 12.0.01083 driver package, is that an enterprise driver? I found Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise v3.5 at Intel's support site that is dated 2/21/2013, what is the difference? My system actually is a Windows 7 x64 OS non-UEFI.
post #1292 of 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

How about the 12.0.01083 driver package, is that an enterprise driver?
All Intel AHCI/RAID drivers from v11.5.x.xxxx up do use the double driver strategy (iaStorA.sys + iaStorF.sys) like the real "Enterprise Edition" drivers v3.x.x.xxxx, which were only designed for Intel C600 Series chipsets like X79.
Quote:
I found Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise v3.5 at Intel's support site that is dated 2/21/2013, what is the difference?
The Intel RSTe driverpacks v3.x.x.xxxx are only designed for X79 chipsets.
post #1293 of 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando 1 View Post

As I already have written, this depends on the specifications of the mainboard. Open any BIOS for your mainboard by using the AMI Aptio MMTool, hit the tab "Extract", then highlight the line CSMCORE, check the "Link Present" within the "For Option ROM Only" area and scroll down the "Link ID" menu. This menu will show all VendorIDs and DeviceIDs of the in use PCI ROM modules.
Then you will know all Option ROM modules of your mainboard, which you can update (if a newer version should be available).
Just to avoid any related request: I will not do this work for you.
The latest ME driver version is 9.0.0.1287 and usable for all systems with a Gbe 1.5M. Yo can find the driverpack v9.0.0.1310 here.
AFAIK this newest Intel ME driver does support all Intel 6-Series chipset mainboards.
AFAIK the Gbe version cannot be updated, because it is determined by chipset.

EDIT:
This is what I get, when I run the MEInfoWin64.exe file in the DOS box after having run the installer of the ME driverpack v9.0.0.1310:

GbE firmware can be updated, with CodeRush FTK - there is a gberefl command. A BIOS with updated firmware from another board can be used. I did it on my Z68 with Z77-V BIOS.
post #1294 of 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by garikfox View Post

Fernando you replaced the SataDriver module with the *.ffs file, I wonder what the *.efi file is for
I have just checked it with the newest BIOS of the ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3, which contains a SataDriver module v11.5.0.1582.
It can only be replaced by the SataDriver.ffs module v12.0.0.1783. When I tried to replace it by the SataDriver.efi or SataDriver.bin file, I got an "Invalid FFS file" error message.
Nevertheless I believe, that this has nothing to do with the file suffix, but with the checksum of the file. A SataDriver.ffs file, which had been modded by me for the P67 and Z68 TRIM in RAID0 support, gave me the same "Invalid FFS file" error message.
My Conclusion: The replacement of the SataDriver module seems to be checksum sensitive. So there is a need for a checksum correction for the P67+Z68 TRIM in RAID0 modified SataDriver module.
post #1295 of 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by high1 View Post

GbE firmware can be updated, with CodeRush FTK - there is a gberefl command. A BIOS with updated firmware from another board can be used. I did it on my Z68 with Z77-V BIOS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by high1 View Post

GbE firmware can be updated, with CodeRush FTK - there is a gberefl command. A BIOS with updated firmware from another board can be used. I did it on my Z68 with Z77-V BIOS.

So the NVM update utility from Intel here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?lang=deu&changeLang=true&DwnldID=22026 is not the same as updating the Gbe firmware?

@Fernando1

How will I know if the Gbe firmware that I will update to is compatible with my current ME firmware (7.1.52.1176)?
post #1296 of 3914
@ kevindd992002:

Regarding the Gbe update you may read this page: http://www.overclock.net/t/1004219/officia-l-asus-rog-maximus-iv-gene-z68-z68-gen3-owners-club/6320
post #1297 of 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando 1 View Post

@ kevindd992002:

Regarding the Gbe update you may read this page: http://www.overclock.net/t/1004219/officia-l-asus-rog-maximus-iv-gene-z68-z68-gen3-owners-club/6320

Thanks. That link provides the info on how to update the Gbe but what were you saying a few days ago about the ME firmware being compatible with the Gbe firmware? Aren't those independent of each other?
post #1298 of 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Thanks. That link provides the info on how to update the Gbe but what were you saying a few days ago about the ME firmware being compatible with the Gbe firmware? Aren't those independent of each other?
According to my knowledge it is not possible to update the Gbe "version" listed as 1.3, 1.5 or 5.0, but I am not sure about that.
post #1299 of 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando 1 View Post

According to my knowledge it is not possible to update the Gbe "version" listed as 1.3, 1.5 or 5.0, but I am not sure about that.

I just did update it from 1.3 to 1.5 though using FTKTool from coderush?

You mean there is a 5.0 Gbe firmware version? Which BIOS has it?

garikfox tried looking for the SataDriver for my board's BIOS but he can't find it. Why is not present on my BIOS? My board has a UEFI BIOS.
Edited by kevindd992002 - 2/27/13 at 10:42am
post #1300 of 3914
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando 1 View Post

I have just checked it with the newest BIOS of the ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3, which contains a SataDriver module v11.5.0.1582.
It can only be replaced by the SataDriver.ffs module v12.0.0.1783. When I tried to replace it by the SataDriver.efi or SataDriver.bin file, I got an "Invalid FFS file" error message.
Nevertheless I believe, that this has nothing to do with the file suffix, but with the checksum of the file. A SataDriver.ffs file, which had been modded by me for the P67 and Z68 TRIM in RAID0 support, gave me the same "Invalid FFS file" error message.
My Conclusion: The replacement of the SataDriver module seems to be checksum sensitive. So there is a need for a checksum correction for the P67+Z68 TRIM in RAID0 modified SataDriver module.

Thanks wink.gif
Dreamland
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K ASRock X99 Taichi ASUS GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB 4x4GB G.SKILL DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM961 128GB Pioneer BDR-208DBK Noctua NH-U9S Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 32MP58 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2016 EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Antec Three Hundred 
MouseAudio
Logitech G Pro Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II 
  hide details  
Reply
Dreamland
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K ASRock X99 Taichi ASUS GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB 4x4GB G.SKILL DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM961 128GB Pioneer BDR-208DBK Noctua NH-U9S Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 32MP58 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2016 EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Antec Three Hundred 
MouseAudio
Logitech G Pro Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS / ASRock / MSI / GIGABYTE BIOS's with updated RAID OROM