Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS / ASRock / MSI / GIGABYTE BIOS's with updated RAID OROM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASUS / ASRock / MSI / GIGABYTE BIOS's with updated RAID OROM - Page 152

post #1511 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroompje View Post

Fernando gave me the correct satadriver to extend the bios-options of the m4e-z:
Thank you for your feedback and the pic, which verifies, that you succeeded with the insertion of the modified SataDriver module and that you got the new BIOS tab "intel(R) Rapid Storage" working and detecting your RAID0.
Quote:
but unfortunately, there's still no option to do an (u)efi install
Are you sure, that your bootable OS image does support the UEFI installation mode?
By the way: Which options does your BIOS offer at the point "PCI ROM Priority"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznboy1993 View Post

I'm wondering if I broke TRIM somehow. I'm using a M5G (Z77) with Intel RST driver/software 12.5.0.1066 with RAID OROM 12.5.0.1815 and somehow I'm not getting ANY positive results when running the various TRIM tests.
As I have already written, the IRST(e) drivers v12.5.0.1066 do not support TRIM in RAID0.
Solution: You should downgrade the drivers to v12.0.0.1082.
Edited by Fernando 1 - 4/2/13 at 3:25am
post #1512 of 3922
@Fernando 1

If the BIOS has not SataDriver in it, is it fine to insert the SataDriver or is that not advisable to do?
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 2x8GB G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX) @ 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB CPU: Swiftech H220-X Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 MX Brown and Red LED Seasonic P-760 SS-760XP2 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mass Edifier HCS2330 2.1 Speaker System (using Onboa... HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset 
Other
APC BR1500GI UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 2x8GB G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX) @ 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB CPU: Swiftech H220-X Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 MX Brown and Red LED Seasonic P-760 SS-760XP2 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mass Edifier HCS2330 2.1 Speaker System (using Onboa... HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset 
Other
APC BR1500GI UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1513 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 
If the BIOS has not SataDriver in it, is it fine to insert the SataDriver or is that not advisable to do?
The last post from jeroompje verifies,
  1. that the "SataDriver" module v12.5.0.1815, which had been modified by me regarding TRIM in RAID0 for Z68 and the checksum integrity, obviously is usable without running into any severe problems,
  2. that it is possible to insert the SataDriver module into a BIOS, which natively doesn't have it,
  3. that the freshly inserted EFI RAID "SataDriver" will be successfully integrated into the "Advanced Mode" BIOS section and
  4. that the previously created RAID0 array will be detected by the "SataDriver" utility.
The only problem jeroompje has until now is to get Windows 8 installed in UEFI mode onto his RAID array.

So I would say: Yes, the insertion of the SataDriver is advisable even for Z68 chipset mainboard users, whose BIOS natively doesn't contain a "SataDriver" module, but the precondition for a successful use is the ability of the BIOS to support an OS installation in UEFI mode.
Important remark:
Since the original Intel "SataDriver" modules only do support the TRIM in RAID0 feature for 7-Series chipsets, Z68 chipset RAID0 users should replace/insert an especially modified "SataDriver" module, if they want TRIM passing into the RAID0.


@ all users with a Z68 RAID0:
As a consequence of jeroompje's test results I have updated the start post of this thread: http://www.win-lite.de/wbb/board208-specials/board281-bios-bios-modding/17000-ahci-raid-rom-modules-for-bios-modding-already-extracted/
There you can find some especially modified actual "SataDriver" versions, where I have enabled the TRIM in RAID0 feature for Z68 chipset systems.
To make it easier for you, I have added a short guide about how to get the "SataDriver" properly inserted into the BIOS.

Any feedback will be much appreciated!

Regards
Fernando
post #1514 of 3922
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando 1 View Post

The last post from jeroompje verifies,
  1. that the "SataDriver" module v12.5.0.1815, which had been modified by me regarding TRIM in RAID0 for Z68 and the checksum integrity, obviously is usable without running into any severe problems,
  2. that it is possible to insert the SataDriver module into a BIOS, which natively doesn't have it,
  3. that the freshly inserted EFI RAID "SataDriver" will be successfully integrated into the "Advanced Mode" BIOS section and
  4. that the previously created RAID0 array will be detected by the "SataDriver" utility.
The only problem jeroompje has until now is to get Windows 8 installed in UEFI mode onto his RAID array.

So I would say: Yes, the insertion of the SataDriver is advisable even for Z68 chipset mainboard users, whose BIOS natively doesn't contain a "SataDriver" module, but the precondition for a successful use is the ability of the BIOS to support an OS installation in UEFI mode.
Important remark:
Since the original Intel "SataDriver" modules only do support the TRIM in RAID0 feature for 7-Series chipsets, Z68 chipset RAID0 users should replace/insert an especially modified "SataDriver" module, if they want TRIM passing into the RAID0.


@ all users with a Z68 RAID0:
As a consequence of jeroompje's test results I have updated the start post of this thread: http://www.win-lite.de/wbb/board208-specials/board281-bios-bios-modding/17000-ahci-raid-rom-modules-for-bios-modding-already-extracted/
There you can find some especially modified actual "SataDriver" versions, where I have enabled the TRIM in RAID0 feature for Z68 chipset systems.
To make it easier for you, I have added a short guide about how to get the "SataDriver" properly inserted into the BIOS.

Any feedback will be much appreciated!

Regards
Fernando

Thanks for this info.

In the past, I was already able to install Win7 x64 in UEFI mode (using GPT partition style) but only using AHCI (non-RAID, single SSD) setup. Of course, that is with the use of the original BIOS from ASUS which contains the Legacy RAID OROM.

If that is the case, won't it be safe to assume that I can also install my OS in UEFI in RAID0 using a BIOS that has the latest TRIM-modded EFI SataDriver?

Just for confirmation, when does the BIOS use the Legacy RAID OROM and when does it use the EFI SataDriver assuming both OROMs are present in the BIOS?
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 2x8GB G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX) @ 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB CPU: Swiftech H220-X Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 MX Brown and Red LED Seasonic P-760 SS-760XP2 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mass Edifier HCS2330 2.1 Speaker System (using Onboa... HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset 
Other
APC BR1500GI UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 2x8GB G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX) @ 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB CPU: Swiftech H220-X Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 MX Brown and Red LED Seasonic P-760 SS-760XP2 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mass Edifier HCS2330 2.1 Speaker System (using Onboa... HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset 
Other
APC BR1500GI UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1515 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

If that is the case, won't it be safe to assume that I can also install my OS in UEFI in RAID0 using a BIOS that has the latest TRIM-modded EFI SataDriver?
According to what I know until now I think, that will work for your system.
Quote:
Just for confirmation, when does the BIOS use the Legacy RAID OROM and when does it use the EFI SataDriver assuming both OROMs are present in the BIOS?
That depends on the special BIOS options of your mainboard, especially within the "BOOT" section.
You probably have to disable the Option ROM messages.and to use as many UEFI options as you can.
post #1516 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando 1 View Post

Thank you for your feedback and the pic, which verifies, that you succeeded with the insertion of the modified SataDriver module and that you got the new BIOS tab "intel(R) Rapid Storage" working and detecting your RAID0.
Are you sure, that your bootable OS image does support the UEFI installation mode?
By the way: Which options does your BIOS offer at the point "PCI ROM Priority"?
As I have already written, the IRST(e) drivers v12.5.0.1066 do not support TRIM in RAID0.
Solution: You should downgrade the drivers to v12.0.0.1082.
Oh alright, thank you. I was under the presumption that 12.5 worked with natively TRIM supported Z77 chipsets, but I guess I thought wrong. I will try it out.
Buena Vista
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K [4.6GHz] [1.25V] Asus Maximus VII Formula [BIOS 3003] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE [2050MHz] [12GHz QDR] Samsung MV-3V4G3 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 535 Series 240GB [RAID 1] Crucial M500 960GB Seagate Barracuda 3TB Western Digital VelociRaptor 500GB [RAID 0] 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair H110i GT (Qty 2) Phanteks PH-F140XP Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [64-bit] Dell S2716DG [G-Sync] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Chroma EVGA Supernova G2 1300W NZXT H440 [Black/Red] Logitech G900 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Firefly Logitech G933 
  hide details  
Reply
Buena Vista
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K [4.6GHz] [1.25V] Asus Maximus VII Formula [BIOS 3003] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE [2050MHz] [12GHz QDR] Samsung MV-3V4G3 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 535 Series 240GB [RAID 1] Crucial M500 960GB Seagate Barracuda 3TB Western Digital VelociRaptor 500GB [RAID 0] 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair H110i GT (Qty 2) Phanteks PH-F140XP Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [64-bit] Dell S2716DG [G-Sync] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Chroma EVGA Supernova G2 1300W NZXT H440 [Black/Red] Logitech G900 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Firefly Logitech G933 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1517 of 3922
@ all RAID users, who want to install Win7 or Win8 in UEFI mode:

Just to prevent nasty surprises during the OS installation in EFI mode, here are some additional informations:
  1. Although Win7 and Win8 have an Intel RAID driver on board (named iaStorV.sys), their UEFI Setup will not be able to detect any RAID array unless you will present an actual WHQL certified Intel RST(e) driver named iaStorA.sys.
    Solution: Before you start with the OS installation, you should prepare an USB flash drive containing a suitable 32/64bit Intel RST(e) F6 driverpack v11.7 or 12.0 (containing just the related SYS, INF and CAT files). You can find direct download links to such F6 drivers within the start post of this thread: http://www.win-lite.de/wbb/board195-windows-7/board198-win7-treiber/17263-intel-r-rapid-storage-technologie-neu-v12-5-0-1066-whql/
  2. If you want to do a clean UEFI installation of Win8 with disabled CSM (= Compatability Support Module) BIOS settings, you should make sure, that all your devices (especially the graphics adapter) will support the UEFI mode.

Edited by Fernando 1 - 4/2/13 at 8:29am
post #1518 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando 1 View Post

According to what I know until now I think, that will work for your system.
That depends on the special BIOS options of your mainboard, especially within the "BOOT" section.
You probably have to disable the Option ROM messages.and to use as many UEFI options as you can.

Oh ok. If I decide to stick with AHCI though, I assume that the AHCI driver included in the latest Legacy RAID OROM is EXACTLY the same as the AHCI driver included in the latest EFI SataDriver, yes?
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 2x8GB G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX) @ 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB CPU: Swiftech H220-X Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 MX Brown and Red LED Seasonic P-760 SS-760XP2 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mass Edifier HCS2330 2.1 Speaker System (using Onboa... HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset 
Other
APC BR1500GI UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 2x8GB G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX) @ 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB CPU: Swiftech H220-X Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 MX Brown and Red LED Seasonic P-760 SS-760XP2 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mass Edifier HCS2330 2.1 Speaker System (using Onboa... HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset 
Other
APC BR1500GI UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1519 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

If I decide to stick with AHCI though, I assume that the AHCI driver included in the latest Legacy RAID OROM is EXACTLY the same as the AHCI driver included in the latest EFI SataDriver, yes?
There is no AHCI driver within the LEGACY RAID ROM or within the EFI RAID "SataDriver" module.
What you probably mean is the Firmware of the Intel SATA AHCI Controller. Yes, there is no difference regarding this point between the LEGACY RAID ROM and the EFI "SataDriver".
post #1520 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando 1 View Post

There is no AHCI driver within the LEGACY RAID ROM or within the EFI RAID "SataDriver" module.
What you probably mean is the Firmware of the Intel SATA AHCI Controller. Yes, there is no difference regarding this point between the LEGACY RAID ROM and the EFI "SataDriver".

Ooops, yes I meant AHCI firmware/OROM. Thanks for the confirmation thumb.gif
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 2x8GB G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX) @ 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB CPU: Swiftech H220-X Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 MX Brown and Red LED Seasonic P-760 SS-760XP2 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mass Edifier HCS2330 2.1 Speaker System (using Onboa... HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset 
Other
APC BR1500GI UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 2x8GB G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX) @ 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB CPU: Swiftech H220-X Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 MX Brown and Red LED Seasonic P-760 SS-760XP2 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mass Edifier HCS2330 2.1 Speaker System (using Onboa... HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset 
Other
APC BR1500GI UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS / ASRock / MSI / GIGABYTE BIOS's with updated RAID OROM