Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS / ASRock / MSI / GIGABYTE BIOS's with updated RAID OROM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASUS / ASRock / MSI / GIGABYTE BIOS's with updated RAID OROM - Page 254

post #2531 of 3922
Hi there!
This newb was just wondering if you are planning on making the P8Z77-V LK new bios version (1301) with your awesome sauce? Looking forward to it! (Hopefully)
post #2532 of 3922
Thread Starter 
Added wink.gif
Dreamland
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K ASRock X99 Taichi ASUS GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB 4x4GB G.SKILL DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM961 128GB Pioneer BDR-208DBK Noctua NH-U9S Windows 10 Enterprise N 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 32MP58 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2016 EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Antec Three Hundred 
MouseAudio
Logitech G Pro Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II 
  hide details  
Reply
Dreamland
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K ASRock X99 Taichi ASUS GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB 4x4GB G.SKILL DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM961 128GB Pioneer BDR-208DBK Noctua NH-U9S Windows 10 Enterprise N 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 32MP58 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2016 EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Antec Three Hundred 
MouseAudio
Logitech G Pro Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2533 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by garikfox View Post

Added wink.gif

Hooray!
Thank you!
post #2534 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando 1 View Post

Users probably will benefit from the RAPID Mode caching method, but not in the dimension of the benchmark results.
By the way: This statement is valid for a RAID0 system as well. Doubling the benchmark results (except 4K Read) by creating a RAID0 does not mean doubling the performance in real life.
The RAPID Mode feature is not even available for all Samsung SSDs.
No, the RAPID Mode uses just a part of the RAM for caching. You can use the other SSD for whatever you want (data storage or another OS).

OK, thanks for more info. I think I was confusing the Samsung Rapid mode for Intel Rapid Start mode (SSD cache partition for mechanical OS drives), silly me LOL! biggrin.gif
post #2535 of 3922
Intel has RST 12.9.0.1001 on their download site.
post #2536 of 3922
Thread Starter 
Yep new RAID OROM also 12.9.0.2006

I assume you guys dont want that right ? biggrin.gif

I'll update all the BIOS's once i get ahold of the new OROM wink.gif


FYI: I'm also going to re-include P67 / Z68 BIOS's
Edited by garikfox - 12/19/13 at 10:48pm
Dreamland
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K ASRock X99 Taichi ASUS GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB 4x4GB G.SKILL DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM961 128GB Pioneer BDR-208DBK Noctua NH-U9S Windows 10 Enterprise N 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 32MP58 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2016 EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Antec Three Hundred 
MouseAudio
Logitech G Pro Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II 
  hide details  
Reply
Dreamland
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K ASRock X99 Taichi ASUS GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB 4x4GB G.SKILL DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM961 128GB Pioneer BDR-208DBK Noctua NH-U9S Windows 10 Enterprise N 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 32MP58 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2016 EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Antec Three Hundred 
MouseAudio
Logitech G Pro Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2537 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by garikfox View Post

Yep new RAID OROM also 12.9.0.2006

I assume you guys dont want that right ? biggrin.gif

I'll update all the BIOS's once i get ahold of the new OROM wink.gif


FYI: I'm also going to re-include P67 / Z68 BIOS's



Yay for the P67 Bioses biggrin.gif

Thanks Garik!
post #2538 of 3922
on some motherboards also present Asmedia sata controller.

can you also include new Asmedia OROM
http://www.station-drivers.com/download/asmedia/asmedia_asm106x_106N302(www.station-drivers.com).exe
Code:
File List:
1. 106Nxxx.bin - OPROM file for packeting into System BIOS
2. xxx\ahcixxx.rom - ASM106x SPI ROM file for AHCI mode
3. xxx\AHCI.bat    - batch file to update ahcixxx.rom to ASM106x SPI ROM
4. xxx\106spi.exe  - ASM106x SPI ROM flash tool
5. xxx\dos4ge.exe  - system file for SPI ROM flash tool

Test SATA AHCI mode, please execute AHCI.bat in DOS than reboot system
post #2539 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyPopov View Post

on some motherboards also present Asmedia sata controller.

can you also include new Asmedia OROM
http://www.station-drivers.com/download/asmedia/asmedia_asm106x_106N302(www.station-drivers.com).exe
Code:
File List:
1. 106Nxxx.bin - OPROM file for packeting into System BIOS
2. xxx\ahcixxx.rom - ASM106x SPI ROM file for AHCI mode
3. xxx\AHCI.bat    - batch file to update ahcixxx.rom to ASM106x SPI ROM
4. xxx\106spi.exe  - ASM106x SPI ROM flash tool
5. xxx\dos4ge.exe  - system file for SPI ROM flash tool

Test SATA AHCI mode, please execute AHCI.bat in DOS than reboot system

That firmware is for flashing the ROM on the Asmedia 106x Sata PCIe cards - not for onboard Asmedia 106x Sata controllers.
post #2540 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinobino View Post

That firmware is for flashing the ROM on the Asmedia 106x Sata PCIe cards - not for onboard Asmedia 106x Sata controllers.

106Nxxx.bin - OPROM file for packeting into System BIOS - I think this file for onboard controller?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS / ASRock / MSI / GIGABYTE BIOS's with updated RAID OROM